Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Sat, 08 Mar 2008 10:30 pm

mRg wrote:hi im new here. do i stand a chance if i wear contact lens? issit possible for a person who havin an eye power of 800-900 to b a steward/stewardess? :-|


if people wearing contacts CAN'T be a FA.. den i guess STC's population will drop by 70%. lol
the world at your doorstep.

mRg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 04 Mar 2008

Postby mRg » Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:18 pm

Thankss!! :D by the way ive downloaded the application form n it says emailed back to Singapore Airlines but i dont know n couldnt find the email address that i shud emailed back to.whats the email address?anyone can help me pls? :oops:

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon, 10 Dec 2007
Location: spore

Postby starrynitezz » Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:19 pm

mRg wrote:hi im new here. do i stand a chance if i wear contact lens? issit possible for a person who havin an eye power of 800-900 to b a steward/stewardess? :-|


hmm ur power's quite high leh...i think if u can bear with the dry air then its ok ba

jiakel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri, 29 Feb 2008

Postby jiakel » Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:20 pm

mRg wrote:Thankss!! :D by the way ive downloaded the application form n it says emailed back to Singapore Airlines but i dont know n couldnt find the email address that i shud emailed back to.whats the email address?anyone can help me pls? :oops:


as far as i know, the email should be cabincrew_recruit@singaporeair.com.sg


anyone to clarify?

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Sun, 09 Mar 2008 10:41 am

yea if i remember correctly, its cabincrew_recruit@singaporeair.com.sg
the world at your doorstep.

mRg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 04 Mar 2008

Postby mRg » Sun, 09 Mar 2008 12:00 pm

okay thanks alot!! :D :D :D

poppyroker
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 04 Mar 2008

Postby poppyroker » Sun, 09 Mar 2008 1:56 pm

superpinkystar wrote:i am still waiting for the letter to be sent to my place.
it's been a week since Mary called to tell me that i start in April.
getting a bit worried.

anybody also waiting for the letter to be sent to their place?


Do you know exactly what date you are starting hon? I'm waiting for my letter too!

divine_genie
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri, 29 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby divine_genie » Sun, 09 Mar 2008 2:10 pm

jiakel, I should be starting on 10th April if my company doesn't give me any last minute surprises. i have no idea when I need to sign the bond though.


superpinkystar, I'm waiting too for the letter too. But i think it may appear in our letter box this week or next? Don't be too worried. 8-)

Esther2008
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 09 Mar 2008

SIA training

Postby Esther2008 » Sun, 09 Mar 2008 4:53 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the advises that u guys provided in this forum. They r really useful :D

I was supposed to commence my training with SIA on Jan 2008. Unfortunately, I failed the medical test and SIA wanted me to follow the doctor's instructions before I start the training.

Anyone has similar situation? Will you still able to start the training afte u improve ur health conditions. I was worried as I don't know whether I should for them to call. I would like to start the training the sooner the better.

Helpless... anyone can provide me some advises? :)

Thanks a lot...

User avatar
superpinkystar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon, 05 Dec 2005

Postby superpinkystar » Sun, 09 Mar 2008 10:48 pm

poppyroker wrote:
superpinkystar wrote:i am still waiting for the letter to be sent to my place.
it's been a week since Mary called to tell me that i start in April.
getting a bit worried.

anybody also waiting for the letter to be sent to their place?


Do you know exactly what date you are starting hon? I'm waiting for my letter too!


my training starts on the 2nd apr.
one of my to-be batch mate has already signed and mailed back to STC.
which is why i am abit worried.
*smile always

User avatar
superpinkystar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon, 05 Dec 2005

Postby superpinkystar » Sun, 09 Mar 2008 10:48 pm

poppyroker wrote:
superpinkystar wrote:i am still waiting for the letter to be sent to my place.
it's been a week since Mary called to tell me that i start in April.
getting a bit worried.

anybody also waiting for the letter to be sent to their place?


Do you know exactly what date you are starting hon? I'm waiting for my letter too!


my training starts on the 2nd apr.
one of my to-be batch mate has already signed and mailed back to STC.
which is why i am abit worried.
*smile always

Lynnhuang
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 09 Mar 2008

Help!

Postby Lynnhuang » Sun, 09 Mar 2008 11:04 pm

Been scrolling through all the past post, looking for a section that what outfit will be best suit for the interview. Before my eyes goes half blinded, and blurry, I guess its better for me to post my question.

I will be going for the interview on 16th March, I have friends telling me you may consider wearing a blazer and I've to dress formal; totally in a state of muddle now. Well, appearance is really important for a good first impression, never want to screw this up. Please advise =]

User avatar
superpinkystar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon, 05 Dec 2005

Re: Help!

Postby superpinkystar » Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:22 am

Lynnhuang wrote:Been scrolling through all the past post, looking for a section that what outfit will be best suit for the interview. Before my eyes goes half blinded, and blurry, I guess its better for me to post my question.

I will be going for the interview on 16th March, I have friends telling me you may consider wearing a blazer and I've to dress formal; totally in a state of muddle now. Well, appearance is really important for a good first impression, never want to screw this up. Please advise =]


i personally feel no tube tops, mini skirts, cleavage revealing clothing. because this is not a club. so we should dress to the occasion. it's good to wear smart casual.

blazer is not necessary. just dress appropriately.
:D
it's good to wear a button top because when you go for the kebaya round. it's easier to remove and it really cuts alot of time!!
because we have under 5 minutes to change into the kebaya.
*smile always

glam
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 10 Mar 2008

hi all im new here (:

Postby glam » Mon, 10 Mar 2008 1:00 am

hello all.. been reading this forum for quite some time.
may i ask how old are u girls?
i'm 19 this year, just gotten my A lvls result, am considering to go for the interview this coming sunday.. any advice..?

chocolatte
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 17 Feb 2008

Postby chocolatte » Mon, 10 Mar 2008 1:13 am

hi glam,

i'll encourage u to go for the interview. just try! =D
good luck!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests