Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jiakel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri, 29 Feb 2008

Re: awaiting medical results

Postby jiakel » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 8:55 pm

haha but the prob is i received a missed call the next day too but i cant trace it, 'cos its perpetually engaged. so worrying. sigh.. i think i wouldnt be able to pass these couple of weeks with ease if i dont get a call soon haha. but thanks anw! =)

dreamchaser wrote:jiakel:

I had to go for a 2nd x ray as apparently I have scoliosis, slight curvature of the spine according to the doctor. So the doc wanted me to take another x-ray.

No worries, it seems HR is very busy. If there is any problem with the medical checkup, the clinic staff would have called you within 48 hrs. I got my call from the clinic the next day. I guess the best thing for us to do now is to be patient and wait. :wink:

jiakel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri, 29 Feb 2008

Re: awaiting medical results

Postby jiakel » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 9:07 pm

dreamchaser wrote:jiakel:

I had to go for a 2nd x ray as apparently I have scoliosis, slight curvature of the spine according to the doctor. So the doc wanted me to take another x-ray.

No worries, it seems HR is very busy. If there is any problem with the medical checkup, the clinic staff would have called you within 48 hrs. I got my call from the clinic the next day. I guess the best thing for us to do now is to be patient and wait. :wink:


hi dreamchaser! i cant post pm cos im still a newbie haha.. but the numbers, well lemme just reveal the first 5 numbers.. 68425... *cross fingers* thanks!

dream_gal
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat, 01 Sep 2007

Postby dream_gal » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:35 pm

dreamchaser wrote:Hi dream_gal,

I cannot private message yet as I'm prompted to post more messages before I can pm. I just turn 27 this year. I waited after my studies then in the midst of serving my bond currently to go for the interview as I'm seriously thinking of pursuing me dream before I turn 30. hee........

superpinkystar:

Congrats!! start work after April Fool's !! cannot be any better.....can sense the joy =)


hi... all the best to you..

Simplicious
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue, 19 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Simplicious » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:43 pm

[quote="jiakel"]hi simplicious! i received a missed call on wed but im not sure if it's from SIA. how would you know? and which notice period did you put? im so kan cheong im asking everywhere haha. thanks!!

Hi, i knew one girl during our medical checkup and we exchanged our contacts. So, we agreed to inform each other when SIA called. Just now, she sms-ed me that she'd received a missed call and when i checked my phone, i got a missed call too.. the number starts with 678.... So i am pretty sure it's from SIA. I guess we will only receive their call again next mon probably.. U mean u received a missed from on wed and they did not call u again? :o

jiakel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri, 29 Feb 2008

Postby jiakel » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:46 pm

Simplicious wrote:
jiakel wrote:hi simplicious! i received a missed call on wed but im not sure if it's from SIA. how would you know? and which notice period did you put? im so kan cheong im asking everywhere haha. thanks!!

Hi, i knew one girl during our medical checkup and we exchanged our contacts. So, we agreed to inform each other when SIA called. Just now, she sms-ed me that she'd received a missed call and when i checked my phone, i got a missed call too.. the number starts with 678.... So i am pretty sure it's from SIA. I guess we will only receive their call again next mon probably.. U mean u received a missed from on wed and they did not call u again? :o


ahha yes.. if it's SIA its great. im just worried it might be the clinic you see. but i kept calling back and the line is engaged. but i read from one of the posts way above that the numbers left on the caller id by SIA might be bogus numbers and we gotta wait for them to call again. the suspense is killing me!! haha

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:46 pm

Hello there! Was just wondering if anybody here is starting training on 19 March??? Hope to locate sum bacthmates here :D

Simplicious
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue, 19 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Simplicious » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:18 pm

ahha yes.. if it's SIA its great. im just worried it might be the clinic you see. but i kept calling back and the line is engaged. but i read from one of the posts way above that the numbers left on the caller id by SIA might be bogus numbers and we gotta wait for them to call again. the suspense is killing me!! haha



YA,exactly,the suspense is killing us in fact. haha. I hope it's not from the clinic. Meanwhile, i guess there's nothing we can do besides waiting petiently. Good luck to you!! :wink:

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Re: awaiting medical results

Postby Sokeai » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:19 pm

jiakel wrote:Hi sokeai!! ive just done my medical round (on tuesday) and awaiting the results. i put my notice period as june too! but from what i heard from other forumers, do they only call to confirm when it's nearer your notice period? or would they call just a couple of weeks after your medical is done? im so nervous and excited!! please reply!


Yo Jiakel, yup i'll most likely starting on June after my exams in May. From what i understand, they will call you to let you know if you have clear your medical or not, takes ard 2-3weeks, it varies.

They will only inform you when is ur training dates and when to go down for the signing of bond etc when it is closer, somewhere ard May. If they can get hold of the timing, they will get back to us as early as April!

PM me ur msn, maybe we are batchmates! Wee :D
Hello there!

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:25 pm

Simplicious wrote:YA,exactly,the suspense is killing us in fact. haha. I hope it's not from the clinic. Meanwhile, i guess there's nothing we can do besides waiting petiently. Good luck to you!! :wink:


Don't worry, they will call you :)

Usually, they call up people who can start in 1mth time 1st, followed by either immediate or longer period like more than 2mths++
Hello there!

jiakel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri, 29 Feb 2008

Postby jiakel » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:26 pm

Simplicious wrote:
ahha yes.. if it's SIA its great. im just worried it might be the clinic you see. but i kept calling back and the line is engaged. but i read from one of the posts way above that the numbers left on the caller id by SIA might be bogus numbers and we gotta wait for them to call again. the suspense is killing me!! haha



YA,exactly,the suspense is killing us in fact. haha. I hope it's not from the clinic. Meanwhile, i guess there's nothing we can do besides waiting petiently. Good luck to you!! :wink:


good luck to you too!! hopefully we'll be seeing each other in the skies =) as FAs

fayne
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 27 Feb 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

questions!

Postby fayne » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:28 pm

any of you ladies know if a girl with braces can go for the interview? will be removing them in mid april this year.

Simplicious
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue, 19 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Simplicious » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:48 pm

Don't worry, they will call you :)

Usually, they call up people who can start in 1mth time 1st, followed by either immediate or longer period like more than 2mths++


Thank you girl.. :)

Simplicious
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue, 19 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Simplicious » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:49 pm

good luck to you too!! hopefully we'll be seeing each other in the skies =) as FAs


Ya, it will be good if we become batch mates.. Update me when you receive their call alright. Vice versa... :lol:

Cheers

valeberry
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue, 26 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby valeberry » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:54 pm

I wonder how u noe u pass the fourth round?

Do they tel u the result straight?

Simplicious
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue, 19 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Simplicious » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:56 pm

valeberry wrote:I wonder how u noe u pass the fourth round?

Do they tel u the result straight?


The fourth round as in? Management round? Yes, they will tell you in about 5 min time. :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests