Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Postby xanngac » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 9:16 pm

yingying2888 wrote:xanngac & raine: infact french twist is pretty easy. for the normal bun i can only use hair net. haha.. i guess FSS dun use nets to bun it up rite? so ah ma.. :lol:

Nope not against the rules to do the french twist, but honestly, I don't know if seniors on board will zap if you do french or not hahaha. :P Anyway I can't do french twist at all lor! Sad. :(

Hehe yingying, for your question on whether FSS use hair nets or not, I suggest next time you take a closer look at their buns to find out lor. ;)
And so my journey begins... :)

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Postby yingying2888 » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 9:18 pm

haha.. and i dont even knwo if i'll pass the MOM side!!!

i want to bun it up if can though.. cass n lynnie says tt short hair have to be gelled so hard, that it wont move at all when you're working..
the world at your doorstep

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Postby yingying2888 » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 9:22 pm

xanngac: haha.. i dont have alot of chance to look at FSS! can only think and envy them... :oops:

and yea.. french twist looks and sounds so senior and superior.. prolly will kena zapped!

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rainschocolate » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 9:58 pm

i want to fly!!!!
the world at your doorstep.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Postby yingying2888 » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:04 pm

everyone here wants to fly, siao char bor! hahahaha :lol:

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rainschocolate » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:09 pm

yingying2888 wrote:everyone here wants to fly, siao char bor! hahahaha :lol:

eeeyer....
yingying bully me =(
LOL. lets go sing K soon. hahaha

cellyy

Postby cellyy » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:18 pm

Hi. Just like to know if there's any cabin crew who had done lasik - understand that cabin air is quite dry and might aggravate the dry eyes condition that is fairly common after lasik... More so since crew spend so much time on flights?

Appreciate any feedback? Many thanks :)

sheepish

Postby sheepish » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:15 pm

cellyy wrote:Hi. Just like to know if there's any cabin crew who had done lasik - understand that cabin air is quite dry and might aggravate the dry eyes condition that is fairly common after lasik... More so since crew spend so much time on flights?

Appreciate any feedback? Many thanks :)

I don't think the dry eyes will be much of a problem after lasik. In fact I find wearing contact lens for prolong period of time, i.e. more than 8 hours, drier than post lasik. Since you will only experience dry eyes for the first 2 months, after that it shouldn't be a problem at all already.

And yes there are a lot of crew who underwent lasik and are having no problems. Definitely beats contact lenses and the prolong hours of wear, whether on ground or in the dry cabin. (=

cellyy

Postby cellyy » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:01 am

sheepish wrote:And yes there are a lot of crew who underwent lasik and are having no problems. Definitely beats contact lenses and the prolong hours of wear, whether on ground or in the dry cabin. (=

Hi sheepish, tks for the prompt reply! much appreciated :) I'll seriously consider the idea of lasik.

Certainly welcome more feedback from anyone who can relate to this issue. Thanks!

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Postby purple.sara » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 2:21 pm

jus a qns...if peeps who've went for jan interview and got booted out can only reapply after 3months...?

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pinklittlefigure » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 2:45 pm

purple.sara: The 3 month ban are imposed on those candidates that manage to get into management interview (last round of interview) and was unsuccessful.
Candidates that are rejected at 1-1 interview (3rd round of interview) or before are allowed to attempt again for the next interview without the ban :D

veryscary

Postby veryscary » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 3:07 pm

cellyy wrote:
sheepish wrote:And yes there are a lot of crew who underwent lasik and are having no problems. Definitely beats contact lenses and the prolong hours of wear, whether on ground or in the dry cabin. (=

Hi sheepish, tks for the prompt reply! much appreciated :) I'll seriously consider the idea of lasik.

Certainly welcome more feedback from anyone who can relate to this issue. Thanks!

cellyy, it depends on individual. I have dry eyes for the first few months, need to apply eye drop quite often but now I dont need that anymore. Some of my friend never encounter that. The air in the aircraft is very dry..

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

pregnancy

Postby rainschocolate » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 4:10 pm

Is it stated in the contract the Stewardess are not allowed to get pregnant?
i've got a question.. its like, if a married stewardess gets pregnant lets say.. 5-6 years after flying, and is going thru 2nd 5 year contract. what will happen?

put on ground till given birth?
or the sack?

Plavt

Re: pregnancy

Postby Plavt » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 5:43 pm

rainschocolate wrote:Is it stated in the contract the Stewardess are not allowed to get pregnant?

From what I have read elsewhere and if the stipulation is still current: yes for the first 18 months - a local maybe able to update your further.

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rainschocolate » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 6:18 pm

Plavt: OH.. for first 18 months ar. lucky. i was thinking if once pregnant cannot continue den when am i gonna get married and have kids =\ LOL
hahaha :oops: