Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pinkognito
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon, 04 Feb 2008

Postby pinkognito » Mon, 04 Feb 2008 5:14 pm

Sokeai wrote:
thanks ranschocolate!
thanks for your help. got a little worried cos my pal got in already and he took the medical a day later. i think there might have been a foul up though after my final interview because both me and my pal were never given a pre-employment briefing letter. we were just told to go for the med. we had initial worries that we've been forgotten.. well not its just me..heh


Don't worry, they will get in touch with you. Even for people who's notice period is quite some time later like ard June, they get contacted in around 2-3weeks time.

Don't worry :)



thanks soekai! guess ill have to js sit tight and wait .. : P

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Mon, 04 Feb 2008 5:19 pm

Sorry Pivat for the " quoting from source incident" :wink:

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Mon, 04 Feb 2008 5:26 pm

pinkognito wrote:thanks soekai! guess ill have to js sit tight and wait .. : P


Alternatively you can also stand or hang around and wait :P Joking ...hope you don't mind,. I understand how you feel as I went thru that many time before, you just have to forget about it, relax as the worst part is over and enjoy the free time that you have right now as you will be busy and tired once you started training :P

pinkognito
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon, 04 Feb 2008

Postby pinkognito » Mon, 04 Feb 2008 5:32 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
pinkognito wrote:thanks soekai! guess ill have to js sit tight and wait .. : P


Alternatively you can also stand or hang around and wait :P Joking ...hope you don't mind,. I understand how you feel as I went thru that many time before, you just have to forget about it, relax as the worst part is over and enjoy the free time that you have right now as you will be busy and tired once you started training :P



IF i start training :P
yeah well i know what you mean ..its always the same at this stage with any other job.. i just really looking for a job change now..haha...its all compounded by that fact hehe

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Re: medical results

Postby yingying2888 » Mon, 04 Feb 2008 6:48 pm

Plavt wrote:
:shock: That was a long time ago!.... :P :lol:


29th feb must be some 4 years ago.. :wink:

any other malaysians started training or signed their contracts oredi? pinklittlefigure?
the world at your doorstep

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Mon, 04 Feb 2008 7:04 pm

Yingying: I passed my medical and now I'm waiting for MOM work pass approval. SIA HR told me it would roughly take 3-4 weeks before they get the approval and only by then, they can draft the contract and let me know my training date.

Gotta be patient when it comes to things like this!

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby yingying2888 » Mon, 04 Feb 2008 7:12 pm

thanks joyce.. was wonderin cos u mentioned something about ur medical checkup on foreigners needed to take mretests.. u took a chest xray as well? or is it the same as the spine thingy?

i'm super impatient now cos i tink my process will take quite long as compared to u guys.. they need my results for MOM which only be coming out in end feb.. there was a msian gal who've started training oredi, (she went to the KL walk in) and waited 3 monthsfor the work pass.. =( nevertheless, keep me updated ya?
the world at your doorstep

Akire
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Akire » Mon, 04 Feb 2008 10:33 pm

Hey gals would like to check with your something about the medical.
If lets say right I dont have perfect eyesight like maybe 9/6 instead of 6/6 any idea if they will let me clear???

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Mon, 04 Feb 2008 10:42 pm

Akire wrote:Hey gals would like to check with your something about the medical.
If lets say right I dont have perfect eyesight like maybe 9/6 instead of 6/6 any idea if they will let me clear???


I think it should be fine so long you wear contact lens when you are on duty :)

Please rmb, if you go for the medical with naked eyes, let the assistant know & make sure she take down ur readings with both specs/lens and without. (she forgotten to take mine with specs on, till i ask the doctor when she was doing the body checkup, if i didn't asked might be gone case already)
Hello there!

Akire
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Akire » Mon, 04 Feb 2008 11:38 pm

Sokeai wrote:I think it should be fine so long you wear contact lens when you are on duty :)

Please rmb, if you go for the medical with naked eyes, let the assistant know & make sure she take down ur readings with both specs/lens and without. (she forgotten to take mine with specs on, till i ask the doctor when she was doing the body checkup, if i didn't asked might be gone case already)


Ok haiz but the thing is that when I wore my contact lens I am not having perfect vision. Hopefully they will not be that strict I hope.......

User avatar
maddy_licious
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue, 15 Jan 2008

Postby maddy_licious » Tue, 05 Feb 2008 1:46 am

anyone in batch 949 here?

mentelism
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 27 Jan 2008

Questions

Postby mentelism » Tue, 05 Feb 2008 5:25 am

Hey!! seems that there isnt any write-in this time... i was hoping for that because i think during the height thingy it wont be soooo strict... haiz... i definitly gona get boot out for the walk-in this 24th feb... "5 yao ke cheo liao"... haha :lol:

plus with all those who is worrying abt scars or so... there are sprays and cream at pharmacies to cover them up... maybe u can try to ask whether they have for face.. if they dun u can also try for a cream to treat for acne/pimple stain remover... as for my skin, i was able to work out with cream called "Avenue" (if tats the correct spelling).. its very strong.. it takes at least a month or less depending hw ur skin can accept the product.. otherwise ask the staff.. my skin works on clearasil too... nw my spots are disappearing slowly... GD LUCK TO THOSE ON 24th FEB...

I guess i wait for a write-in opportunity bah.. :???:

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Tue, 05 Feb 2008 8:21 am

yingying2888 wrote:thanks joyce.. was wonderin cos u mentioned something about ur medical checkup on foreigners needed to take mretests.. u took a chest xray as well? or is it the same as the spine thingy?

i'm super impatient now cos i tink my process will take quite long as compared to u guys.. they need my results for MOM which only be coming out in end feb.. there was a msian gal who've started training oredi, (she went to the KL walk in) and waited 3 monthsfor the work pass.. =( nevertheless, keep me updated ya?


Yingying: Foreigners are required to do an additional HIV blood test & chest X-ray for work pass application. I think the chest x ray is also the scoliosis check x ray as there was only one x ray taken for me.

Dont be impatient as your results will only be released on end of February :D Time passes by very quickly babe! Will keep you updated!

User avatar
stanmysterio
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 26 Sep 2007

Postby stanmysterio » Tue, 05 Feb 2008 12:06 pm

Abercrombie wrote:SIA will sent you a "Thank You for trying letter" if you were rejected :P They are berry nice one :wink:


Oh will they? If i haven got one, does it means that my application is still pending?

User avatar
stanmysterio
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 26 Sep 2007

Re: medical results

Postby stanmysterio » Tue, 05 Feb 2008 12:20 pm

pinkognito wrote:
Plavt wrote:
pinkognito wrote:
got a month's notice to serve so still quite flustered : P


I shouldn't worry about it; about the only way you will fail is if you have any on-going conditions that will stop you doing the job. I take it you have been for the X-ray?



well i am pes c9l2. with a slight back problem nothing thatll stop me from doing this job but was a problem due to the heavy training and heavy loads i had to carry in the army.

just wondering whether they'll notify you if you dont pass the medical or anything cos apparently its said that if something is up the clinic will ring you but i havent gotten any calls from them. then again i havent gotten any calls from HR either :(

any idea how long i should wait before i should assume its unsuccessful?
your help is most appreciated! thanks!



Yo pinkognito, i have not receive phone call from SIA...but i have know whats the problem with my application ald.

You see, i went for the check up same day as you, clear everything they need to check. I also declared that i have a fracture in my wrist half a year ago due to an accident, and thats why Dr Ong wish to see a memo written from my specialists to indicated that my fracture is healed and i'm fit to fly (its my hand, i know im healed). I only manage to fix an appointment with my hospital on the V day...till then i guess i will not be receiving any call from SIA... ..

ppl start training on V day already...i have yet to clear the medical thingy...damn :cry:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests