Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mimidee
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed, 30 Jan 2008

Postby mimidee » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 5:03 pm

yingying2888 wrote:mimidee: you said your metal implants were protruding? it obvious when the kebaya is worn? cos i think if its obvious then it is a problem... in any case i think you should still try your luck at the walk in again i guess.. who knows you'll get very lucky that day! :wink:


nono, i have metal implants to correct my spine...

the one that is protruding is my right shoulder blade, its more prominent than the left.

when i wore the ultra super super tight kebaya that day, the slight hump could be seen. yeaaa.

thats where the lady asked me to walk back n forth back n forth den gave up asked for a second opinion...den my dream was shattered.

:???:

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 5:14 pm

mimidee wrote:...den my dream was shattered.

:???:


I think in all probability it would have been had you got as far as the medical since the X-rays will of course show the metal bars. I think you had best find a doctor familiar with airline requirements and ask to be sure. Perhaps the CAAS can help you?

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby yingying2888 » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 5:14 pm

mimidee wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:mimidee: you said your metal implants were protruding? it obvious when the kebaya is worn? cos i think if its obvious then it is a problem... in any case i think you should still try your luck at the walk in again i guess.. who knows you'll get very lucky that day! :wink:


nono, i have metal implants to correct my spine...

the one that is protruding is my right shoulder blade, its more prominent than the left.

when i wore the ultra super super tight kebaya that day, the slight hump could be seen. yeaaa.

thats where the lady asked me to walk back n forth back n forth den gave up asked for a second opinion...den my dream was shattered.

:???:


sorry babe.. if i din rmb wrongly it was the lady who passed you the top yea? wondering if you could purposely press down your right shoulder blade when walking? :-|
the world at your doorstep

rurik0
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat, 13 Jan 2007

Postby rurik0 » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 5:45 pm

hiyaa all.....
i saw xangac and lyndy today @ STC. they looked so different w/ the make-up and all! Lol, infact it was they who recognised me -.- and called me. anyway Raine no need to fret about not being able to find any forumers in ur batch. The pp are reallly really friendly and by e end of the first day you'll feel like u've known them long ago! Sounds absurd but its 100%guaranteed,chopped and signed. Haha, gotta go study le. Test tmr... =) see ya all!!!
Last edited by rurik0 on Thu, 31 Jan 2008 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri, 14 Dec 2007

hi there

Postby purple.sara » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 5:45 pm

anyone going for management round tmr? please pm me... :D

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby yingying2888 » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 5:57 pm

rurik0 wrote:hiyaa all.....
i saw xangac and lyndy today @ STC. they looked so different w/ the make-up and all! Lol, infact it was they who recognised me -.- and called me. anyway Raine no need to fret about not being able to find any forumers in ur batch. The pp are reallly really friendly and by e end of the first day you'll feel like u've known them long ago! Sounds absurd but its 100%guaranteed,chopped and signed. Haha, gotta go study le. Test tmr... =) see ya all!!!


good to know that training is so fun.. i cant wait to get my pass done and join you gals.. :lol:
the world at your doorstep

loh loh
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue, 15 Jan 2008
Location: north
Contact:

skin check

Postby loh loh » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 5:59 pm

hi!!!i'm new here. can anyone tell me more about the skin check thinngy. how is the process etc.. i need help@@@ thanks alot


cheers!
apple

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 6:06 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
rurik0 wrote:hiyaa all.....
i saw xangac and lyndy today @ STC. they looked so different w/ the make-up and all! Lol, infact it was they who recognised me -.- and called me. anyway Raine no need to fret about not being able to find any forumers in ur batch. The pp are reallly really friendly and by e end of the first day you'll feel like u've known them long ago! Sounds absurd but its 100%guaranteed,chopped and signed. Haha, gotta go study le. Test tmr... =) see ya all!!!


good to know that training is so fun.. i cant wait to get my pass done and join you gals.. :lol:


I also wanna join you all soon! Btw Ben got his letters already, just received his sms :)
Hello there!

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby yingying2888 » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 6:15 pm

I also wanna join you all soon! Btw Ben got his letters already, just received his sms :)[/quote]

so so cool! haha.. i want it too.. i'm sure you want it as much.. but too bad.. i have to wait for MOM to decide mine.. u dont have to! :wink:
the world at your doorstep

User avatar
streets
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: skin check

Postby streets » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 6:19 pm

loh loh wrote:hi!!!i'm new here. can anyone tell me more about the skin check thinngy. how is the process etc.. i need help@@@ thanks alot


cheers!



well, from my experience, kebaya comes right before skin check. the one i had been through was under spotlight, checking for scars/marks on your entire face, neck and lower arms. don't need to worry too much if you conceal any visible scars properly (if they aren't very bad) (: hope this helps.

mimidee
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed, 30 Jan 2008

Postby mimidee » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 6:29 pm

yingying2888 wrote:[
sorry babe.. if i din rmb wrongly it was the lady who passed you the top yea? wondering if you could purposely press down your right shoulder blade when walking? :-|


haha! how to presssss down? if can, i dont mind punching it down!

the lady who passed me the kebaya is a malay woman.

but the one that asked me to walk back n forth is a chinese lady with blazer n trousers n n n a scarf round her neck! she seemed niceeeeeee tho.

then the other lady whom she asked for 2nd opinion is in charge of the skin check...petite n she look kinda pale.

caas? how do i go abt checkinggggggggg!

thanks!

onee
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu, 30 Nov 2006

Postby onee » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 8:15 pm

hi people.

i pop by singapore airlines website.
under careers.
theres is this customer service officer position. and they stated it as PARTTIME/FULLTIME.

i was wondering do they offer part time positions to polytechnic undergraduates, for e.g, for vacation jobs and freelance. i've ticketing n reservation background, so, hoping to gain more experience as a CSO with SIA, before i try for Cabincrew after i graduated.

hope to hear from u guys soon!
thanks!

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby yingying2888 » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 8:30 pm

mimidee wrote:
haha! how to presssss down? if can, i dont mind punching it down!



oh.. sorry.. haha.. i must have sounded stupid.. cos i thought its easier to purposely press down your shoulders..

anyway.. if i'm not wrong, the lady that did the skin check was the same lady i had during my walk in in dec at sheraton and write in at STC.. i think she's kinda strict.. if its the same lady, she booted me out at the walk, bcos i walked too fast.. n lectured me at the write in.. =(
the world at your doorstep

waggiee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 20 Jun 2007

Postby waggiee » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 8:50 pm

Alessia, dun worry, i was like u 2yrs back and i was quite plump by then..so right now, have lose some weight and im going to try for the interview this coming feb! jia you!

User avatar
deviana-dee
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue, 15 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby deviana-dee » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 8:53 pm

mimidee wrote:
Interviews will be conducted on 24 February 2008 at:

Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel
2nd Level – Ballroom 2
39 Scotts Road
Singapore 228230

girls! its here again!


wow!SO FAST?! :shock: They really need alot alot alot of ppl.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests