Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34456
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:00 am

rinnuwatanabe,

It would seem that you are up to your agitation tricks again. You were warned sometime last year as well if I remember correctly. Please give it a rest. We created the Airlines Sub-Forum for potential FAs & FS's to discuss the airline industries and getting a position with them. We did not create it for a Rubbish forum (we already have one of those). If all you want to do it agitate please take it somewhere else as we do not need it here.


yingying2888,

You are relatively new here (at least from the day you registered) although you may have been lurking for some time now. The message to Rinnu above also goes for you.


yingying2888 wrote:where else can we talk about outing apart from here? haha!

woops.. this is suppose to be a safe and normal forum so plavt will pang sim and dun disturb..

be good, abercrombie. O:)


Where can you do outing? Take it to the Rubbish & Jokes forum. Take it somewhere else. Take it to another site. Take it to your blog. I don't care, but just don't do it here! This forum is for the potential FA's to discuss problems and issued directly related to the obtaining of that position.


Should you two NOT shape up.......... :wave:

Consider the both of you warned.


Just think people, when you start of diss each other and flame and generally havoc each other, is this the kind of girls we want taking care of us in the air? With this type of attitude the image of the airline that was dumb enough to hire them will go down the toilet in a matter of months. If you cannot take a wee bit of criticism on a forum, what the hell are you going to do in the air with a semi-drunk loud, foul-mouthed passenger? Descend to his/her level like you two are doing here?

I normally stay out of here, but I received a PM from Plavt this morning about the activities going on in here. Let's get back on track and desist from these child like activities.

moderator

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:03 am

Hikari82 wrote:Well Admin Plavt.. I think u just solved all our problems... Going to get some sleep now... gotta wake at 7am... 845am is my mgmt interview... hopefully I can join u gers in the cabin.... Anyone's interview scheduled later?


Morning all! Good luck to all those who are going for their mgmt rd later! Bring back good news!

PS: Hikari, pass liao be my batchmate k ^^
Last edited by Sokeai on Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello there!

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:33 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Where can you do outing? Take it to the Rubbish & Jokes forum. Take it somewhere else. Take it to another site. Take it to your blog. I don't care, but just don't do it here! This forum is for the potential FA's to discuss problems and issued directly related to the obtaining of that position.


Good Morning, Moderator.

We didn't know that we are not allowed to organize a gathering here or perhaps we have overlook on that issue. But from our point of view, primary motive of having one is for everyone out there who is interested in issues that are directly related to Cabin Crew position to join us, have a simple meal, informal chat regarding those issues.

One can't recall everything we know or what we have done be it the interview day itself or what we heard from others. Hence, I personally will find it hard to pen down every single relevant issues I have in mind.

Take rurik0 for example, she is already so tired after her trainings that she can't really read/post in the forum. It was our 1st gathering that she told us verbally about the plane scenario of passenger assaulting CCs. And gave us "tips" on how to overcome it, which I believe is useful for anyone who wants to try for the interview.

And yes, before you have posted these, we have decided to bring it to another site just like what you have suggested. Because we felt by posting such “gathering posts”
Hello there!

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:44 am

pinklittlefigure wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
mentelism wrote:It is stated in SIA rules and regulations that tattooed and drawn on eyebrows are not allowed and eyebrows must be shaped.
It is better to start leaving the eyebrow alone so it has enough time to make its regrowth.


u mean for those who naturally draw eyebrow because they have very light hair nt acceptable??... bt almost all the crew draw eyebrow mah....


The eyebrow should not be scrawny and they should at least be some "real" eyebrow that can be seen. Drawing eyebrow is to make the eyebrow even and visible. Most importantly, you should not have thin and sparse eyebrow and if you do now, let it grow out before heading to a beautician to shaped them :D


Guess those with thin brows have to stop trimming your eyebrows when it is all grown back like a bush, go to a reputable beautician to shape it :D I think they mainly want our brows to have more "hairs" then to draw alot?
Hello there!

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:52 am

Sokeai wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
mentelism wrote:It is stated in SIA rules and regulations that tattooed and drawn on eyebrows are not allowed and eyebrows must be shaped.
It is better to start leaving the eyebrow alone so it has enough time to make its regrowth.


u mean for those who naturally draw eyebrow because they have very light hair nt acceptable??... bt almost all the crew draw eyebrow mah....


The eyebrow should not be scrawny and they should at least be some "real" eyebrow that can be seen. Drawing eyebrow is to make the eyebrow even and visible. Most importantly, you should not have thin and sparse eyebrow and if you do now, let it grow out before heading to a beautician to shaped them :D


Guess those with thin brows have to stop trimming your eyebrows when it is all grown back like a bush, go to a reputable beautician to shape it :D I think they mainly want our brows to have more "hairs" then to draw alot?


I suggest girls who need their eyebrow shaped to give a try to both of these counters

1. Takashimaya (Orchard) - Shu Uemura
Try to get the lady with braces and long hair as she is does a fine job

2. Vivocity (Harbourfrount) - Bobbi Brown
My friend who patronise that place told me the makeup artist there does a good job of shaping eyebrow

Do rmb to let them know you do not want scrawny eyebrows and let them work their wonders on your brows :D

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:56 am

pinklittlefigure wrote:I suggest girls who need their eyebrow shaped to give a try to both of these counters

1. Takashimaya (Orchard) - Shu Uemura
Try to get the lady with braces and long hair as she is does a fine job

2. Vivocity (Harbourfrount) - Bobbi Brown
My friend who patronise that place told me the makeup artist there does a good job of shaping eyebrow

Do rmb to let them know you do not want scrawny eyebrows and let them work their wonders on your brows :D


Pink, which lady is your friend referring to at Vivo? I seen 2, 1 is a young girl with real thick eyeliner. The other is more of a middle age lady.

**i email you already ;p**
Hello there!

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:13 am

Sokeai wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:I suggest girls who need their eyebrow shaped to give a try to both of these counters

1. Takashimaya (Orchard) - Shu Uemura
Try to get the lady with braces and long hair as she is does a fine job

2. Vivocity (Harbourfrount) - Bobbi Brown
My friend who patronise that place told me the makeup artist there does a good job of shaping eyebrow

Do rmb to let them know you do not want scrawny eyebrows and let them work their wonders on your brows :D


Pink, which lady is your friend referring to at Vivo? I seen 2, 1 is a young girl with real thick eyeliner. The other is more of a middle age lady.

**i email you already ;p**


Let me check with my friend and I'll get back to you in the soonest time.
I did my eyebrow shaping in Takashimaya at the Shu Uemura booth.
The lady who did it use to work as a assistant makeup artist in SIA grooming course :D

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:16 am

pinklittlefigure wrote:I did my eyebrow shaping in Takashimaya at the Shu Uemura booth.
The lady who did it use to work as a assistant makeup artist in SIA grooming course :D [/color]


Woah, i must try out at the Shu Uemura too. Need to let my brows grow back, cause everyone say it's kind of too "arch", look fierce. Later get zapped by seniors lol!
Hello there!

serray
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 03 May 2007

Postby serray » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:50 am

hi all!!

how to go to stc is i were to take a train? N which station shld i alight at?

thnx... dun wana gt lost tmr~

thnx thnx thnx!! 8-[

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:19 pm

Sokeai wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:I did my eyebrow shaping in Takashimaya at the Shu Uemura booth.
The lady who did it use to work as a assistant makeup artist in SIA grooming course :D [/color]


Woah, i must try out at the Shu Uemura too. Need to let my brows grow back, cause everyone say it's kind of too "arch", look fierce. Later get zapped by seniors lol!


Makeup tip: Scrawny brow do tend to give you the effect of being crossed so try not to get ur eyebrow done in that manner. Natural looking shaped eyebrow are the best bet as it portray Asian beauty :D

To make eye brow look more natural if you have sparse brow, you should use eyebrow powder rather than pencil as powder gives out the airy effect. The airy effect causes the brow not too look too artificial and bold.

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:24 pm

serray wrote:hi all!!

how to go to stc is i were to take a train? N which station shld i alight at?

thnx... dun wana gt lost tmr~

thnx thnx thnx!! 8-[


I think you can try to take MRT till Expo or Pasir Ris station and change a cab? It's quite a far bit of walking if you want to change from MRT to bus.

I took cab from my place (hougang) to STC for my interview, total come up to $5 per person, split the cost with Ben that time for mgmt.
Hello there!

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:27 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:Makeup tip: Scrawny brow do tend to give you the effect of being crossed so try not to get ur eyebrow done in that manner. Natural looking shaped eyebrow are the best bet as it portray Asian beauty :D

To make eye brow look more natural if you have sparse brow, you should use eyebrow powder rather than pencil as powder gives out the airy effect. The airy effect causes the brow not too look too artificial and bold.


Thanks Pink for your makeup tips. Now have to keep using hair tonic to grow them back :wink:
Hello there!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34456
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:31 pm

Sokeai wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Where can you do outing? Take it to the Rubbish & Jokes forum. Take it somewhere else. Take it to another site. Take it to your blog. I don't care, but just don't do it here! This forum is for the potential FA's to discuss problems and issued directly related to the obtaining of that position.


Good Morning, Moderator.

We didn't know that we are not allowed to organize a gathering here or perhaps we have overlook on that issue. But from our point of view, primary motive of having one is for everyone out there who is interested in issues that are directly related to Cabin Crew position to join us, have a simple meal, informal chat regarding those issues.

Once again, thank you for your time taken.
PS: I’m not trying to disagree with you but this is what we feel.


My apologies. I took "outing" to mean something else (the scolding of others or the divulging of personal information) I don't always have enough time to read 20 pages of quotes within quotes within quotes (it's silly and it just takes up useless quantities of pages for absolutely no reason). That's what happens when one moderates and tries to hold down a busy position as well.

Again, my apologies for misreading the post that had been quoted by Plavt. :oops:

serray
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 03 May 2007

Postby serray » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:38 pm

Sokeai wrote:
serray wrote:hi all!!

how to go to stc is i were to take a train? N which station shld i alight at?

thnx... dun wana gt lost tmr~

thnx thnx thnx!! 8-[


I think you can try to take MRT till Expo or Pasir Ris station and change a cab? It's quite a far bit of walking if you want to change from MRT to bus.

I took cab from my place (hougang) to STC for my interview, total come up to $5 per person, split the cost with Ben that time for mgmt.


thnx sokeai!

Hikari82
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 18 Jan 2008

Postby Hikari82 » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:40 pm

Sokeai... I cant be your batch mate liao... mission failed... reason for death = unknown.... welll i will try harder next time....I was the 3rd person in... the ger b4 me failed too~ only the 1st one got in. the rest i not sure liao.. arghhh i hate this sucky feeling.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests