Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 3:54 pm

deviana-dee wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
deviana-dee wrote:thanks pinklittlefigure for the reply!(: My friend had actually recieved a phone call from SIA for briefing today, she's signing contract tmr, and her training starts on this coming friday!!! SO FAST!!!
when did she attend her intervieW??
SUNDAY! 27TH JAN!!! :shock: Oh gosh i put one month of notice period. I wonder how long i need to wait for my medical results :(
have she went for medical?? i tot medical report takes about a week?? so fast her medical report is out???

that's really fast ... ^^
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

maddy_licious

Post by maddy_licious » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 3:56 pm

Sokeai wrote:
rx_aelix wrote:
yellowpig wrote:
EH, up till today would be my 8months in wearing.. by may i should be able to remove it... & wear retainer le.. UNLESS i can't even wear retainer for SIA.. retainer must wear 6months so that teeth won't anyhow shift again...

wasted ! whaaaa!
thought that retainers only wore at night? or when u sleeping? :o
Hmm if i'm not wrong, think i only saw it say braces cannot be worn, but it never mention retainer so perhaps can?

i also got retainers! -.-

deviana-dee

Post by deviana-dee » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 3:58 pm

iwannefly wrote:
deviana-dee wrote:
iwannefly wrote: when did she attend her intervieW??
SUNDAY! 27TH JAN!!! :shock: Oh gosh i put one month of notice period. I wonder how long i need to wait for my medical results :(
have she went for medical?? i tot medical report takes about a week?? so fast her medical report is out???

haha! no! Its[Medical Results] like within 24 hours for her!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 4:03 pm

deviana-dee wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
deviana-dee wrote: SUNDAY! 27TH JAN!!! :shock: Oh gosh i put one month of notice period. I wonder how long i need to wait for my medical results :(

haha! no! Its[Medical Results] like within 24 hours for her!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
wah ... that's really super fast for her... That's good... ^^
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

serray

Post by serray » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 4:07 pm

ya... sheryn called me yesterday to go down for my medical by today so that the result will b out by the time i go for my pre-employment briefing. haha... everything chop chop!!

neddy

braces oh braces

Post by neddy » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 4:13 pm

maddy_licious wrote:
Sokeai wrote:
rx_aelix wrote: thought that retainers only wore at night? or when u sleeping? :o
Hmm if i'm not wrong, think i only saw it say braces cannot be worn, but it never mention retainer so perhaps can?

i also got retainers! -.-
Hi it's me again,

Let me tell u more stories about my braces thingy. During the kebaya round, i passed everything except for my braces. I told the sia person that i will get my braces removed in 3 months time. Meaning that i still have time before i actually will be on board. But the sia person said that she dont trust everyone who told her that they will remove their braces until they actually do. Because there's cases where sia have to kiv a girl with braces for almost a year(but she told that she only have another 3 months to remove hers) until she got her braces removed! so to play on the safe side, now, they wont accept person with braces until he/she go to the interview with braces removed.

So i will try again next time even during my retainer phase. Just go to the interview without retainer and only wear at night. that's the only chance!

longybeary

Post by longybeary » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 4:32 pm

hi i am a new comer, anyway is it true that they dun accept braces? becos my fren told me that the HR said its better to come when its taken out:(

deviana-dee

Post by deviana-dee » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 4:34 pm

longybeary wrote:hi i am a new comer, anyway is it true that they dun accept braces? becos my fren told me that the HR said its better to come when its taken out:(
yes, they do not accept ppl with braces. Best you have remove it out before gg for interview. :)

longybeary

Post by longybeary » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 4:45 pm

wa that strict... so even if i pass first round 2nd round will still be out lo... guessed i have to wait then:(

thanks for that info.

Eneres

Post by Eneres » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 4:45 pm

whole day whole night, i think of nothing except FLYING.........Its my 2008 New Year Resolution to get in!!!

I hope and hope SQ will conduct another write in interview in Feb before 24 Feb. LOL!

I never feel so passionate and determined in my whole life and the feeling is SHIOK!
Yours Truly

HippiEeEe

Post by HippiEeEe » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 4:47 pm

Haha! Same here! :D Will be going to another round with my teammate in the next recruitment drive!

Hope to see you guys there!
Embrace the Day with Power Confidence! ^^v

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 4:51 pm

Eneres wrote:whole day whole night, i think of nothing except FLYING.........Its my 2008 New Year Resolution to get in!!!

I hope and hope SQ will conduct another write in interview in Feb before 24 Feb. LOL!

I never feel so passionate and determined in my whole life and the feeling is SHIOK!
Wahahah..... same here... I' having this kinda feeling since last year.... it's a real torture when can't get it..... " so close and yeat so far away"

yeah.... whole day... whole nite.... it is so distracting.... i somehow can't focus on my study... wahhaha.... jialat.... :-|
Dreams Do Come True

neddy

Post by neddy » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 5:16 pm

kaozzzzzz wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
yellowpig wrote:will do ! anyway, just asking..

SIA dont ask u wear swim suit anymore ?? i don't seem to see anyone posting about that here !
hey gal.. starting from the 1st dec walk in, there will be no more Water confidence tests and tea party..

that means no need to wear swim suit and jump in water! =)

and no need to mingle around while being observed by management staffs too..
Hi Hi....
yeah it's true there's no more water confidence tests....but then there will be a stage where u still need to do it....
this is where they spot those who dare not jump into the water from that 2.5 storey high mock up....

should u still refuse to jump in due to the fear in height, they will refer you to the management...(Pls remember that you've already signed the bond).....

Hearsay that there are people (but very seldom) who said bye bye to SIA becoz of that...and they had to pay the bond
Is it true? since i went for a write in interview (13/1), i heard this walking with swimming suit round. Im not sure about this since i got thru only until round two. Do anyone out there went for 13 jan interview confirm me this?thanks!

deviana-dee

Post by deviana-dee » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 5:23 pm

salvana wrote:
Eneres wrote:whole day whole night, i think of nothing except FLYING.........Its my 2008 New Year Resolution to get in!!!

Wahahah..... same here... I' having this kinda feeling since last year.... it's a real torture when can't get it..... " so close and yeat so far away"

yeah.... whole day... whole nite.... it is so distracting.... i somehow can't focus on my study... wahhaha.... jialat.... :-|
hey as long as you keep the dream alive, you ll make it through! people tried upteen times before they get in! And if you are studying currently, then studies are your main priorities right now! Make through with your studies first and its never too late to fufil your ambition!!! :)

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 5:29 pm

salvana wrote:

haha.. same for me... i start having this kind of feeling when i first went to the SIA interview last Oct... ever since.. i have been going for all its available interview regardless walk-in or write-in...lolz.. i simply juz can't wait to get in ... ^^
i have been thinking wat went wrong in my final on the 27th... somehow can't stop tinking even when i'm busy at work ... haiz... how i wish i can start flying now... =/

this is driving me crazy... esp when i have to wait another 3 months before i can try again... sobz...