Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:44 am

caryssa wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:thankyou very nice???

since when your english became like this OMG. whom did u learn from..
*shakes head*

i was only away for 10 pages my dear!


sigh..

now we have to go elsewhere to coordinate and collate the list of the outing goers.. REALLY SORRY GUYS!

i certainly hope we dont have to go to the gathering who tries interviews just for fun.. and who doesnt share the same interests and passion as us.. like in the wrong frequency...
\

hmmm? why now must go to the other link to do the gathering?
didn't we always do it in the forum?
more convenient for everyone leh..


i oso dunno.. i think some users who's not interested in SIA thinks that its interfering the searching for related topics.. nvm la.. i got warned oredi.. troublesome abit, sorry la.. :cry:


oh.. warned?
hmm okok i go read back the threads.. but why la? very serious?

anyway. i miss the old forum people. seems more lively and happy last time... =(((


well raine..someone in this forum complained abt it..so,plavt came in n warned yingying..aww.. :-| but the person itself also wana join the gathering...weird huh..lol..


OH.. i scanned thru the pages and realised tat too.

i think. she's a little weird. erm, no offence ya. but i dun really know wad shes trying to do..
the world at your doorstep.

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby yingying2888 » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:45 am

caryssa wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:thankyou very nice???

since when your english became like this OMG. whom did u learn from..
*shakes head*

i was only away for 10 pages my dear!


sigh..

now we have to go elsewhere to coordinate and collate the list of the outing goers.. REALLY SORRY GUYS!

i certainly hope we dont have to go to the gathering who tries interviews just for fun.. and who doesnt share the same interests and passion as us.. like in the wrong frequency...
\

hmmm? why now must go to the other link to do the gathering?
didn't we always do it in the forum?
more convenient for everyone leh..


i oso dunno.. i think some users who's not interested in SIA thinks that its interfering the searching for related topics.. nvm la.. i got warned oredi.. troublesome abit, sorry la.. :cry:


oh.. warned?
hmm okok i go read back the threads.. but why la? very serious?

anyway. i miss the old forum people. seems more lively and happy last time... =(((


well raine..someone in this forum complained abt it..so,plavt came in n warned yingying..aww.. :-| but the person itself also wana join the gathering...weird huh..lol..


that was the exact remark i gave before she complained.

complain about side track, yet she's joining in the side tracked gathering..
the world at your doorstep

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:52 am

YAY EVERYONE.

PLEASE GO FOR THE GATHERING!!!!
the world at your doorstep.

scopio124
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat, 12 Jan 2008

Postby scopio124 » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 1:03 am

congratulation to everyone that have pass the 27th jan interview. So proud of u all, and enjoy ur way to ur dream.

i will work hard and chase up soon:D:D

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2007

Postby caryssa » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 1:20 am

yingying2888 wrote:
caryssa wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:thankyou very nice???

since when your english became like this OMG. whom did u learn from..
*shakes head*

i was only away for 10 pages my dear!


sigh..

now we have to go elsewhere to coordinate and collate the list of the outing goers.. REALLY SORRY GUYS!

i certainly hope we dont have to go to the gathering who tries interviews just for fun.. and who doesnt share the same interests and passion as us.. like in the wrong frequency...
\

hmmm? why now must go to the other link to do the gathering?
didn't we always do it in the forum?
more convenient for everyone leh..


i oso dunno.. i think some users who's not interested in SIA thinks that its interfering the searching for related topics.. nvm la.. i got warned oredi.. troublesome abit, sorry la.. :cry:


oh.. warned?
hmm okok i go read back the threads.. but why la? very serious?

anyway. i miss the old forum people. seems more lively and happy last time... =(((


well raine..someone in this forum complained abt it..so,plavt came in n warned yingying..aww.. :-| but the person itself also wana join the gathering...weird huh..lol..


that was the exact remark i gave before she complained.

complain about side track, yet she's joining in the side tracked gathering..


yea..am wondering wht will happen on tht day..lol..i better stop it here..if not later they will warn us again.. :lol: i wana join but too bad i was in penang now..too far for me to go..for those going for the gathering,have fun!
Last edited by caryssa on Tue, 29 Jan 2008 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Destinee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 21 Jan 2008

Postby Destinee » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 1:20 am

[quote="hafiz_"]omggg. hahaha.

anyway, to enable easier search of related-posts, i've created a nice lil website for gathering-related matters. it's at www.flytheskies.wordpress.com. do comment there if you're going! thanks a bunch![/quote]

Thanks for your kind initiative Hafiz!

Hi for all those who is coming for Sat's event, pls refer to the new website for dress code. Generally, its smart casual for weekends. =)

Rdg

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby yingying2888 » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 1:28 am

caryssa wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
caryssa wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:thankyou very nice???

since when your english became like this OMG. whom did u learn from..
*shakes head*

i was only away for 10 pages my dear!


sigh..

now we have to go elsewhere to coordinate and collate the list of the outing goers.. REALLY SORRY GUYS!

i certainly hope we dont have to go to the gathering who tries interviews just for fun.. and who doesnt share the same interests and passion as us.. like in the wrong frequency...
\

hmmm? why now must go to the other link to do the gathering?
didn't we always do it in the forum?
more convenient for everyone leh..


i oso dunno.. i think some users who's not interested in SIA thinks that its interfering the searching for related topics.. nvm la.. i got warned oredi.. troublesome abit, sorry la.. :cry:


oh.. warned?
hmm okok i go read back the threads.. but why la? very serious?

anyway. i miss the old forum people. seems more lively and happy last time... =(((


well raine..someone in this forum complained abt it..so,plavt came in n warned yingying..aww.. :-| but the person itself also wana join the gathering...weird huh..lol..


that was the exact remark i gave before she complained.

complain about side track, yet she's joining in the side tracked gathering..


yea..am wondering wht will happen on tht day..lol..i better stop it here..if not later they will warn us again.. :lol: i wana join but too bad i was in penang now..too far for me to go..for those going for the gathering,have fun!


thanks for that caryssa.. =)

penang.. yea thats too far.. u stay there?
the world at your doorstep

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2007

Postby caryssa » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 1:31 am

yingying2888 wrote:
caryssa wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
caryssa wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:thankyou very nice???

since when your english became like this OMG. whom did u learn from..
*shakes head*

i was only away for 10 pages my dear!


sigh..

now we have to go elsewhere to coordinate and collate the list of the outing goers.. REALLY SORRY GUYS!

i certainly hope we dont have to go to the gathering who tries interviews just for fun.. and who doesnt share the same interests and passion as us.. like in the wrong frequency...
\

hmmm? why now must go to the other link to do the gathering?
didn't we always do it in the forum?
more convenient for everyone leh..


i oso dunno.. i think some users who's not interested in SIA thinks that its interfering the searching for related topics.. nvm la.. i got warned oredi.. troublesome abit, sorry la.. :cry:


oh.. warned?
hmm okok i go read back the threads.. but why la? very serious?

anyway. i miss the old forum people. seems more lively and happy last time... =(((


well raine..someone in this forum complained abt it..so,plavt came in n warned yingying..aww.. :-| but the person itself also wana join the gathering...weird huh..lol..


that was the exact remark i gave before she complained.

complain about side track, yet she's joining in the side tracked gathering..


yea..am wondering wht will happen on tht day..lol..i better stop it here..if not later they will warn us again.. :lol: i wana join but too bad i was in penang now..too far for me to go..for those going for the gathering,have fun!


thanks for that caryssa.. =)

penang.. yea thats too far.. u stay there?


u r welcome..yup my dear...am staying thr...anyway,will pm u my msn..v can chat thr..nitez girl.. :D

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby yingying2888 » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 1:37 am

caryssa wrote:
u r welcome..yup my dear...am staying thr...anyway,will pm u my msn..v can chat thr..nitez girl.. :D


that'll be great.. am a msian too. but never been there.. :D

goodnite!
the world at your doorstep

User avatar
llentimes
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
Location: dreamer

att to those with ban

Postby llentimes » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 1:37 am

I quoted this from another thread and this reply was posted by Plavt:

WeiXiaoBao wrote:
I ask you all something huh.....they say if you fail you will be banned for 3 mths.but if we still go again they wun know ma....right?


I can assure they will know. Some a time ago a member of a certain airline's cabin crew executive was posting here in which he mentioned the walk-in interview. He stated that their procedures were hampered by people applying twice!


For those will ban, pls bear with it. 3 mths can pass fast.
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Re: att to those with ban

Postby yingying2888 » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 1:47 am

llentimes wrote:I quoted this from another thread and this reply was posted by Plavt:

WeiXiaoBao wrote:
I ask you all something huh.....they say if you fail you will be banned for 3 mths.but if we still go again they wun know ma....right?


I can assure they will know. Some a time ago a member of a certain airline's cabin crew executive was posting here in which he mentioned the walk-in interview. He stated that their procedures were hampered by people applying twice!


For those will ban, pls bear with it. 3 mths can pass fast.


this guy is my fren's brother. and he keeps on thinking he's able to cheat his way through.. as if SIA wud be stupid enough to not to keep tracks of those that they've banned..

yep.. dont try to go for short cuts, in case they will ban u more when they found out.. last time its 6 months, now 3 mths will be over in a blink of eye.. :wink:
the world at your doorstep

sillybaby
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 28 Jan 2008
Location: east

Postby sillybaby » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 4:36 am

yingying2888 wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
sillybaby wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:As for the questions that might be asked during the interviews, I will try to get a summaried list along with my answers and post it here. Give me roughly a night to create it :)


hello pink! =) had read abt the descriptions on ur experience yesterday. i wonder how u keep calm thru out,man! i got phased out on the 1-1 interview again, this my 2nd time. well, i guessed i get on better hands tis time den my first try thou(last mth's intake) . =)

few of ur questions in the mgmt rd was being asked at my 1-1. i dunno why. anyway, reli appreciate ur shares in here. i had been trying to source out whats mgmt rd is all abt.

i was being asked on what wld i do if a passenger tries to date you out after your flight.
talk abt a bad customer encounter i may have. (in which i din came across so far!)
what wld u do if you received a bad service.
any ideal how i shld had replied?

tink i reli gotta brushed up on my confidence and communications. some how felt that i am not matured enuf... *sobz*


Sillybaby: Maintaining a calm face wasnt something easy but you must practice it frequently. I believe the reason why I manage to keep a straight face with a smile was because I've sort of tried many attempts till a point I can roughly anticipate what was next for me.

i was being asked on what wld i do if a passenger tries to date you out after your flight.
I would not entertain to such gestures because I do have the responsibility to uphold the company's image.

talk abt a bad customer encounter i may have.
If you did not come across any, I suggest you to put it in a mild manner and give a senario rather than just telling them you never did. You can start like "I'm considered very lucky not to come across any unpleasant encounter but in event I do, I will respond to it tactfully and ensure my customer is my priority"

what wld u do if you received a bad service.
If I were to recieve a bad service from a service provider, I would politely tell them my discomfort and wait patiently for their actions.
In event my discomfort is not acknowledge, I will make do with whatever that is available and wait till I get the chance to voice out.

Hope that helps :D


joyce, its no wonder you get in.. haha.. the questions were tough and your answers are excellent!

hope to c you in STC soon, msian counterpart!


Yeah~ i agree with ying on tis. Pink's answers are indeed excellent, gosh... Now i just hoped that i can get thru on my 3rd try tis time! first try was reli super nervous til i dunno what i am talking abt. 2nd try, better, but stil needa tink fast, man!

really thank you Pink. you made me have a better understanding on what are their expectations. so i conclude that we shld always bear in mind that no matter what, the company's policy is always the priority and that passengers are always right.

But not to the extend of giving you a slap. In which case, i wld confront the passenger and inform my IFS on duty immediately as that is considered as a repulsive act. something like tis...?

baroque
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 28 Jan 2008

Postby baroque » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 6:30 am

I just gotten a call yesterday to attend my medical earlier so I ask about the dress code for the briefing on 30th Jan'08.
So to those going for the briefing, the dress code is smart casual but no jeans though. Spag tops and 3/4 skirts are fine as well :D Alright, see you guys there

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 7:32 am

sillybaby wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
sillybaby wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:As for the questions that might be asked during the interviews, I will try to get a summaried list along with my answers and post it here. Give me roughly a night to create it :)


hello pink! =) had read abt the descriptions on ur experience yesterday. i wonder how u keep calm thru out,man! i got phased out on the 1-1 interview again, this my 2nd time. well, i guessed i get on better hands tis time den my first try thou(last mth's intake) . =)

few of ur questions in the mgmt rd was being asked at my 1-1. i dunno why. anyway, reli appreciate ur shares in here. i had been trying to source out whats mgmt rd is all abt.

i was being asked on what wld i do if a passenger tries to date you out after your flight.
talk abt a bad customer encounter i may have. (in which i din came across so far!)
what wld u do if you received a bad service.
any ideal how i shld had replied?

tink i reli gotta brushed up on my confidence and communications. some how felt that i am not matured enuf... *sobz*


Sillybaby: Maintaining a calm face wasnt something easy but you must practice it frequently. I believe the reason why I manage to keep a straight face with a smile was because I've sort of tried many attempts till a point I can roughly anticipate what was next for me.

i was being asked on what wld i do if a passenger tries to date you out after your flight.
I would not entertain to such gestures because I do have the responsibility to uphold the company's image.

talk abt a bad customer encounter i may have.
If you did not come across any, I suggest you to put it in a mild manner and give a senario rather than just telling them you never did. You can start like "I'm considered very lucky not to come across any unpleasant encounter but in event I do, I will respond to it tactfully and ensure my customer is my priority"

what wld u do if you received a bad service.
If I were to recieve a bad service from a service provider, I would politely tell them my discomfort and wait patiently for their actions.
In event my discomfort is not acknowledge, I will make do with whatever that is available and wait till I get the chance to voice out.

Hope that helps :D


joyce, its no wonder you get in.. haha.. the questions were tough and your answers are excellent!

hope to c you in STC soon, msian counterpart!


Yeah~ i agree with ying on tis. Pink's answers are indeed excellent, gosh... Now i just hoped that i can get thru on my 3rd try tis time! first try was reli super nervous til i dunno what i am talking abt. 2nd try, better, but stil needa tink fast, man!

really thank you Pink. you made me have a better understanding on what are their expectations. so i conclude that we shld always bear in mind that no matter what, the company's policy is always the priority and that passengers are always right.

But not to the extend of giving you a slap. In which case, i wld confront the passenger and inform my IFS on duty immediately as that is considered as a repulsive act. something like tis...?


You can answer the question like this "In event during flight, a passenger starts to be nasty and violent, I would seek help from crew-in-charge to help me prevent this passenger from creating chaos on the plane. In event I get hit by the passenger, first I tactfully calm the passenger first before heading to seek help from my fellow crew-in-charge.
Never say confront passenger cos it makes you seem very unfriendly and violent

Hope that helps :D

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 7:33 am

baroque wrote:I just gotten a call yesterday to attend my medical earlier so I ask about the dress code for the briefing on 30th Jan'08.
So to those going for the briefing, the dress code is smart casual but no jeans though. Spag tops and 3/4 skirts are fine as well :D Alright, see you guys there


Baroque: Thank you for posting such vital information about the pre-employment briefing dress code :D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest