Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:04 am

sillybaby wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:As for the questions that might be asked during the interviews, I will try to get a summaried list along with my answers and post it here. Give me roughly a night to create it :)


hello pink! =) had read abt the descriptions on ur experience yesterday. i wonder how u keep calm thru out,man! i got phased out on the 1-1 interview again, this my 2nd time. well, i guessed i get on better hands tis time den my first try thou(last mth's intake) . =)

few of ur questions in the mgmt rd was being asked at my 1-1. i dunno why. anyway, reli appreciate ur shares in here. i had been trying to source out whats mgmt rd is all abt.

i was being asked on what wld i do if a passenger tries to date you out after your flight.
talk abt a bad customer encounter i may have. (in which i din came across so far!)
what wld u do if you received a bad service.
any ideal how i shld had replied?

tink i reli gotta brushed up on my confidence and communications. some how felt that i am not matured enuf... *sobz*


Sillybaby: Maintaining a calm face wasnt something easy but you must practice it frequently. I believe the reason why I manage to keep a straight face with a smile was because I've sort of tried many attempts till a point I can roughly anticipate what was next for me.

i was being asked on what wld i do if a passenger tries to date you out after your flight.
I would not entertain to such gestures because I do have the responsibility to uphold the company's image.

talk abt a bad customer encounter i may have.
If you did not come across any, I suggest you to put it in a mild manner and give a senario rather than just telling them you never did. You can start like "I'm considered very lucky not to come across any unpleasant encounter but in event I do, I will respond to it tactfully and ensure my customer is my priority"

what wld u do if you received a bad service.
If I were to recieve a bad service from a service provider, I would politely tell them my discomfort and wait patiently for their actions.
In event my discomfort is not acknowledge, I will make do with whatever that is available and wait till I get the chance to voice out.

Hope that helps :D

acceber
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon, 28 Jan 2008

Postby acceber » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:05 am

not really. my friend had a tatto on the back of her neck.

she covered it with heavy foundation.

she got thru all the way to 5th rd, the kebaya test.

they're to bun up their hair and walk under strong lighting.

and her tattoo exposed!!! and kena boot out. SUCH A WASTE!

yellowpig
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat, 12 Jan 2008
Contact:

Postby yellowpig » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:11 am

acceber wrote:not really. my friend had a tatto on the back of her neck.

she covered it with heavy foundation.

she got thru all the way to 5th rd, the kebaya test.

they're to bun up their hair and walk under strong lighting.

and her tattoo exposed!!! and kena boot out. SUCH A WASTE!



wow, thats a waste. how bout those back tattoos? i dono how to bun hair sia..

kaozzzzzz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon, 08 Oct 2007

Postby kaozzzzzz » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:12 am

yingying2888 wrote:
yellowpig wrote:will do ! anyway, just asking..

SIA dont ask u wear swim suit anymore ?? i don't seem to see anyone posting about that here !


hey gal.. starting from the 1st dec walk in, there will be no more Water confidence tests and tea party..

that means no need to wear swim suit and jump in water! =)

and no need to mingle around while being observed by management staffs too..


Hi Hi....
yeah it's true there's no more water confidence tests....but then there will be a stage where u still need to do it....
this is where they spot those who dare not jump into the water from that 2.5 storey high mock up....

should u still refuse to jump in due to the fear in height, they will refer you to the management...(Pls remember that you've already signed the bond).....

Hearsay that there are people (but very seldom) who said bye bye to SIA becoz of that...and they had to pay the bond

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby yingying2888 » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:13 am

pinklittlefigure wrote:
sillybaby wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:As for the questions that might be asked during the interviews, I will try to get a summaried list along with my answers and post it here. Give me roughly a night to create it :)


hello pink! =) had read abt the descriptions on ur experience yesterday. i wonder how u keep calm thru out,man! i got phased out on the 1-1 interview again, this my 2nd time. well, i guessed i get on better hands tis time den my first try thou(last mth's intake) . =)

few of ur questions in the mgmt rd was being asked at my 1-1. i dunno why. anyway, reli appreciate ur shares in here. i had been trying to source out whats mgmt rd is all abt.

i was being asked on what wld i do if a passenger tries to date you out after your flight.
talk abt a bad customer encounter i may have. (in which i din came across so far!)
what wld u do if you received a bad service.
any ideal how i shld had replied?

tink i reli gotta brushed up on my confidence and communications. some how felt that i am not matured enuf... *sobz*


Sillybaby: Maintaining a calm face wasnt something easy but you must practice it frequently. I believe the reason why I manage to keep a straight face with a smile was because I've sort of tried many attempts till a point I can roughly anticipate what was next for me.

i was being asked on what wld i do if a passenger tries to date you out after your flight.
I would not entertain to such gestures because I do have the responsibility to uphold the company's image.

talk abt a bad customer encounter i may have.
If you did not come across any, I suggest you to put it in a mild manner and give a senario rather than just telling them you never did. You can start like "I'm considered very lucky not to come across any unpleasant encounter but in event I do, I will respond to it tactfully and ensure my customer is my priority"

what wld u do if you received a bad service.
If I were to recieve a bad service from a service provider, I would politely tell them my discomfort and wait patiently for their actions.
In event my discomfort is not acknowledge, I will make do with whatever that is available and wait till I get the chance to voice out.

Hope that helps :D


joyce, its no wonder you get in.. haha.. the questions were tough and your answers are excellent!

hope to c you in STC soon, msian counterpart!
the world at your doorstep

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:17 am

Eneres wrote:Hey People,

I'm so dissappointed with myself yesterday....:( What a letdown.

Managed to pass Round 1, Kebaya + Skincheck but failed at 1to1 interview.

During Kebaya, the lady was very nice. i was initially very stiff in my walking but she asked me to try being natural and i did! She mentioned that i am very fair and have a small face. LOL

During 1 to 1 interview, The questions asked were relatively tough:

1. Why do you want to make a career switch?
2. What does customer service means to you?
3. What are the negative aspects of being a Cabin crew?
4. Do you refer to work alone or as a team?
5. Are you a team player or team leader?
6. Describe yourself.
7. Is service on Air ot service on ground more important and why?

That's all i could recall........

I frumbled at Qn 3 :

"3. What are the negative aspects of being a Cabin crew?"

I answered that working irregular hours and that it can be positive in the sense that you must stay healthy and be very disciplined.

I guess this is what killed me....depending on how you interpret my answer. i guess i failed to explain clearly and maybe the interviewer might interpret it as i'm someone who prefers 9 to 5 job.

Actually what i meant was that to some people, it might be negative. However, for me, it is positive as i do not like deskbound job and thus i do not mind the irregular working hours. This can be positive because i will then"forced" myself to stay healthy, be healthy and maintain being disciplined.

Sigh!

Hey, but i'm happy for Pinklittlefigure who managed to pass all rounds.......You deserve it for putting in so much effort.

It was nice meeting Rainchocolate as well.........i hope you remember me. :)

Iwannafly and Mouse, lets work hard and try again........We'll soon succeed! :)


Hi Serene,

Dont fret! All you need a little more luck and possible answers to negate through tough questions!

I believe that you will make it through soon and keep in mind, we bring each other luck! Will be waiting for you to be batchmates :)

I must say the questions you were asked during your 1-1 is relatively tough compared to mine. My answers would be in short form thus you may extract certain ideas to phrase them yourself

1. Why do you want to make a career switch?
current company no motivation
person who need challenges to satisfy need of recognition


2. What does customer service means to you?
a perfect balance of efficency, friendliness and warmth
Being able to deal with situation tactfully


3. What are the negative aspects of being a Cabin crew?
Unable to spend quality time with family
Will draw more time during offdays to compensate the lost times


4. Do you refer to work alone or as a team?
Team due to team is able to perform better in situations
Quote them experience working as a team


5. Are you a team player or team leader?
I'm flexible as I can be a team player and team leader depending on situations

6. Describe yourself.
Use words such as extrovert, hard working, meticulous and etc that is something that highlights yourself as a good cabin crew

7. Is service on Air ot service on ground more important and why?
I'm not sure what is question as it sounds a little odd.

Hope that helps :D

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby yingying2888 » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:18 am

kaozzzzzz wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
yellowpig wrote:will do ! anyway, just asking..

SIA dont ask u wear swim suit anymore ?? i don't seem to see anyone posting about that here !


hey gal.. starting from the 1st dec walk in, there will be no more Water confidence tests and tea party..

that means no need to wear swim suit and jump in water! =)

and no need to mingle around while being observed by management staffs too..


Hi Hi....
yeah it's true there's no more water confidence tests....but then there will be a stage where u still need to do it....
this is where they spot those who dare not jump into the water from that 2.5 storey high mock up....

should u still refuse to jump in due to the fear in height, they will refer you to the management...(Pls remember that you've already signed the bond).....

Hearsay that there are people (but very seldom) who said bye bye to SIA becoz of that...and they had to pay the bond


yea.. i heard bout the same thingy too. but that wil be done in the training right? think it'd be really exciting to do it. haha
the world at your doorstep

yellowpig
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat, 12 Jan 2008
Contact:

Postby yellowpig » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:28 am

haha, yah ! jumping down the water seems, cool ! haha !

ru guo sign bond le, then realized got tattoo, wont it be piak piak situation?


& noo, i got no tattoos! just curious! haha

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:30 am

serray wrote:
acceber wrote:thanks *tory!
giving me a little hope. :)

i'll definitely will try again!!!

but here's another query.

i've little marks on my hand, those left behind by mozzie bites.
actually they're not v obvious kind... (tat's fr my POV. mayb to them is a BIG BIG DEAL u see.)

i afraid it's hard to survive thru the interview as well.


hey girl... just go n try!! i have this scar, n it's dark red somemore... dun think concealor can totally cover it... i dun think they're tt particular. i'm sure if it's nt tooooo obvious, u shld b fine. nobody is perfect!!


Dark pigmented scars or keloid scars are big no-no to SIA and that was one of my downfall back for my 2nd attempt. I suggest that to lighten the scar by chemical peel if it is very obvious. Concealer must be applied correctly so it wont stand out.

kaozzzzzz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon, 08 Oct 2007

Postby kaozzzzzz » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:31 am

pinklittlefigure wrote:
Eneres wrote:Hey People,

I'm so dissappointed with myself yesterday....:( What a letdown.

Managed to pass Round 1, Kebaya + Skincheck but failed at 1to1 interview.

During Kebaya, the lady was very nice. i was initially very stiff in my walking but she asked me to try being natural and i did! She mentioned that i am very fair and have a small face. LOL

During 1 to 1 interview, The questions asked were relatively tough:

1. Why do you want to make a career switch?
2. What does customer service means to you?
3. What are the negative aspects of being a Cabin crew?
4. Do you refer to work alone or as a team?
5. Are you a team player or team leader?
6. Describe yourself.
7. Is service on Air ot service on ground more important and why?

That's all i could recall........

I frumbled at Qn 3 :

"3. What are the negative aspects of being a Cabin crew?"

I answered that working irregular hours and that it can be positive in the sense that you must stay healthy and be very disciplined.

I guess this is what killed me....depending on how you interpret my answer. i guess i failed to explain clearly and maybe the interviewer might interpret it as i'm someone who prefers 9 to 5 job.

Actually what i meant was that to some people, it might be negative. However, for me, it is positive as i do not like deskbound job and thus i do not mind the irregular working hours. This can be positive because i will then"forced" myself to stay healthy, be healthy and maintain being disciplined.

Sigh!

Hey, but i'm happy for Pinklittlefigure who managed to pass all rounds.......You deserve it for putting in so much effort.

It was nice meeting Rainchocolate as well.........i hope you remember me. :)

Iwannafly and Mouse, lets work hard and try again........We'll soon succeed! :)


Hi Serene,

Dont fret! All you need a little more luck and possible answers to negate through tough questions!

I believe that you will make it through soon and keep in mind, we bring each other luck! Will be waiting for you to be batchmates :)

I must say the questions you were asked during your 1-1 is relatively tough compared to mine. My answers would be in short form thus you may extract certain ideas to phrase them yourself

1. Why do you want to make a career switch?
current company no motivation
person who need challenges to satisfy need of recognition


2. What does customer service means to you?
a perfect balance of efficency, friendliness and warmth
Being able to deal with situation tactfully


3. What are the negative aspects of being a Cabin crew?
Unable to spend quality time with family
Will draw more time during offdays to compensate the lost times


4. Do you refer to work alone or as a team?
Team due to team is able to perform better in situations
Quote them experience working as a team


5. Are you a team player or team leader?
I'm flexible as I can be a team player and team leader depending on situations

6. Describe yourself.
Use words such as extrovert, hard working, meticulous and etc that is something that highlights yourself as a good cabin crew

7. Is service on Air ot service on ground more important and why?
I'm not sure what is question as it sounds a little odd.

Hope that helps :D



Hi let me help on that....

7. Is service on Air or service on ground more important and why?

Both are equally important and cannot be left out... In order for Singapore Airlines to provide that world class service, the company will make sure passengers get a world class service treatment from checking in, in flight service right up till reaching their destinations.

(You may want to refer to singaporeair.com main tab "The Experience")

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:35 am

yellowpig wrote:will do ! anyway, just asking..

SIA dont ask u wear swim suit anymore ?? i don't seem to see anyone posting about that here !


SIA has omitted WCT (water confidence test) since 2007 if I'm not wrong. Therefore there is not a need to wear swimming costume. The test would be conducted during SEP training instead

Hope that helps :D

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2007

Postby caryssa » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:38 am

rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:thankyou very nice???

since when your english became like this OMG. whom did u learn from..
*shakes head*

i was only away for 10 pages my dear!


sigh..

now we have to go elsewhere to coordinate and collate the list of the outing goers.. REALLY SORRY GUYS!

i certainly hope we dont have to go to the gathering who tries interviews just for fun.. and who doesnt share the same interests and passion as us.. like in the wrong frequency...
\

hmmm? why now must go to the other link to do the gathering?
didn't we always do it in the forum?
more convenient for everyone leh..


i oso dunno.. i think some users who's not interested in SIA thinks that its interfering the searching for related topics.. nvm la.. i got warned oredi.. troublesome abit, sorry la.. :cry:


oh.. warned?
hmm okok i go read back the threads.. but why la? very serious?

anyway. i miss the old forum people. seems more lively and happy last time... =(((


well raine..someone in this forum complained abt it..so,plavt came in n warned yingying..aww.. :-| but the person itself also wana join the gathering...weird huh..lol..

User avatar
mouse
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue, 27 Sep 2005

Postby mouse » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:40 am

Eneres wrote:Hey People,

I'm so dissappointed with myself yesterday....:( What a letdown.

Managed to pass Round 1, Kebaya + Skincheck but failed at 1to1 interview.

During Kebaya, the lady was very nice. i was initially very stiff in my walking but she asked me to try being natural and i did! She mentioned that i am very fair and have a small face. LOL

During 1 to 1 interview, The questions asked were relatively tough:

1. Why do you want to make a career switch?
2. What does customer service means to you?
3. What are the negative aspects of being a Cabin crew?
4. Do you refer to work alone or as a team?
5. Are you a team player or team leader?
6. Describe yourself.
7. Is service on Air ot service on ground more important and why?

That's all i could recall........

I frumbled at Qn 3 :

"3. What are the negative aspects of being a Cabin crew?"

I answered that working irregular hours and that it can be positive in the sense that you must stay healthy and be very disciplined.

I guess this is what killed me....depending on how you interpret my answer. i guess i failed to explain clearly and maybe the interviewer might interpret it as i'm someone who prefers 9 to 5 job.

Actually what i meant was that to some people, it might be negative. However, for me, it is positive as i do not like deskbound job and thus i do not mind the irregular working hours. This can be positive because i will then"forced" myself to stay healthy, be healthy and maintain being disciplined.

Sigh!

Hey, but i'm happy for Pinklittlefigure who managed to pass all rounds.......You deserve it for putting in so much effort.

It was nice meeting Rainchocolate as well.........i hope you remember me. :)

Iwannafly and Mouse, lets work hard and try again........We'll soon succeed! :)


Eneres!!

We must continue with our dreams.... :)
Iwannafly too !! Jia You!

kaozzzzzz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon, 08 Oct 2007

Postby kaozzzzzz » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:41 am

yellowpig wrote:haha, yah ! jumping down the water seems, cool ! haha !

ru guo sign bond le, then realized got tattoo, wont it be piak piak situation?


& noo, i got no tattoos! just curious! haha



actually, u do the swimming thingy in SEP...but with swimming costumes, then uniform over it...so as long as ur uniform doesn't reveal any tatoos....no issue with that...

unless u sway sway have to do the swimming thing for two days, most likely the 2nd day would be just swimming gear with a jumper over it

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:42 am

acceber wrote:some odd qns.

is the kebaya's material same as the shops are selling? apart fr wat i noe it is being tailor made of coz.

i've being reading the forum since jus now tho. haha. addictive.


Acceber: Every single kebaya are tailored made to fit the wearer to enhance their figure. Each sucessful candidates will have to make 4 sets of kebaya and it is compulsory to bring a spare kebaya even for short 1 hour flights. That is the reason why the kebaya in the kebaya + skin check rounds has sizes ranging from XXS to XXL


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests