Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Mme

Re: SIA Cabin Crew

Postby Mme » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 9:48 am

Josh wrote:Any guys out there have received their SIA invitation ? How come only the gals get it ? Any guys got theirs ?


My bf has yet to get his reply. I sent in by mail on 14 and email on 18. Cheez its as if i am applying for the job and i can feel the tension for him. He is just as anxious as you josh. I believe my bf is good looking else if he is not selected cos he is Malaysian? Keep you hopes high Josh am sure you will get it 1st since you are Singaporean like me.

Do post it here if you get it. Then I will be zipping into CYC to get his shirt done!

By the way, did you tell your gf that you are applying for SIA?

Jorli

Postby Jorli » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 9:51 am

shopaholic wrote:congrats on getting in Ezanne!

I have 2 visible scars on my face from chickenpox... I have never tried hiding them with makeup, but I don't want to either.

Now I'm just afraid SIA won't accept me due to that. sigh.


How is your scar like? A spot? My chicken spot scar cant be covered cos it looks like a pithole, cos i burst it due to irritation and the worse thing is it's quite obvious as it's just above the lids..

Bree

Re: SIA Cabin Crew

Postby Bree » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:42 am

Mme wrote:
Josh wrote:Any guys out there have received their SIA invitation ? How come only the gals get it ? Any guys got theirs ?


My bf has yet to get his reply. I sent in by mail on 14 and email on 18. Cheez its as if i am applying for the job and i can feel the tension for him. He is just as anxious as you josh. I believe my bf is good looking else if he is not selected because he is Malaysian? Keep you hopes high Josh am sure you will get it 1st since you are Singaporean like me.

Do post it here if you get it. Then I will be zipping into CYC to get his shirt done!

By the way, did you tell your girlfriend that you are applying for SIA?


It's NOT just about a pretty face, Mme. It's a about service. If he is not selected, it is because you both have gotten your focus wrong. A pretty face will not get him anywhere too far. So quit finding irrelevant excuses for his incapability to realise good service and willing hands to work hard (as oppose to strutting around with his "good looking" face). It dismays me how some people here are so concern about looks, and only looks, and thinks that a pretty face is all you need. How misled.

jessie1

Postby jessie1 » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:07 am

yipeee! i've received the final mgt interview from silkair! i'm so happy!!

M

Re: SIA Cabin Crew

Postby M » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:14 am

Bree wrote:
Mme wrote:
Josh wrote:Any guys out there have received their SIA invitation ? How come only the gals get it ? Any guys got theirs ?


My bf has yet to get his reply. I sent in by mail on 14 and email on 18. Cheez its as if i am applying for the job and i can feel the tension for him. He is just as anxious as you josh. I believe my bf is good looking else if he is not selected because he is Malaysian? Keep you hopes high Josh am sure you will get it 1st since you are Singaporean like me.

Do post it here if you get it. Then I will be zipping into CYC to get his shirt done!

By the way, did you tell your girlfriend that you are applying for SIA?


It's NOT just about a pretty face, Mme. It's a about service. If he is not selected, it is because you both have gotten your focus wrong. A pretty face will not get him anywhere too far. So quit finding irrelevant excuses for his incapability to realise good service and willing hands to work hard (as oppose to strutting around with his "good looking" face). It dismays me how some people here are so concern about looks, and only looks, and thinks that a pretty face is all you need. How misled.


Agreed with Bree. 8)

guest00

Postby guest00 » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:29 am

will they send an email if not selected for the first interview?

Guest

Postby Guest » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:45 am

Hopeful wrote:Hey..... i've sent in my application way before the closing date but have yet to receive a reply.... Guess its due to my age (i'm 29)...... :cry:

Anyone whos around that age but managed to secure an interview? Pls tell me ya.....


Hi Im 28 years old... have yet to receive any email from SIA...what about you? want to exchange email...We can talk more...Mine is gellybeanus77@yahoo.com.tw

Hope to hear from you, hopeful...

goh

Re: SIA Cabin Crew

Postby goh » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:18 pm

Mme wrote:
Josh wrote:Any guys out there have received their SIA invitation ? How come only the gals get it ? Any guys got theirs ?


My bf has yet to get his reply. I sent in by mail on 14 and email on 18. Cheez its as if i am applying for the job and i can feel the tension for him. He is just as anxious as you josh. I believe my bf is good looking else if he is not selected because he is Malaysian? Keep you hopes high Josh am sure you will get it 1st since you are Singaporean like me.

Do post it here if you get it. Then I will be zipping into CYC to get his shirt done!

By the way, did you tell your girlfriend that you are applying for SIA?

Hi, just to let u know SIA web page just put up recruiting Flight Steward/Stewardess for Malaysian. Do take a look out the due date. Maybe u can post for him again as he is a malaysian.Just to play safe for him, right? :)

blurz

Postby blurz » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:31 pm

Guest00 wrote:Sob, i havent gotta any reply. Anyone who sent their application on the 17th got a reply?


Hi Guest00, I have also yet to receive any email from them. I sent the email on 14th June.....Waiting..... :wink:

cieux

Postby cieux » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:36 pm

blurz wrote:
Guest00 wrote:Sob, i havent gotta any reply. Anyone who sent their application on the 17th got a reply?


Hi Guest00, I have also yet to receive any email from them. I sent the email on 14th June.....Waiting..... :wink:


Hi, i sent in on 17th afternoon.. still waiting for reply. Don't lose hope!

shopaholic

Postby shopaholic » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:57 pm

Jorli wrote:
shopaholic wrote:congrats on getting in Ezanne!

I have 2 visible scars on my face from chickenpox... I have never tried hiding them with makeup, but I don't want to either.

Now I'm just afraid SIA won't accept me due to that. sigh.


How is your scar like? A spot? My chicken spot scar cant be covered because it looks like a pithole, because i burst it due to irritation and the worse thing is it's quite obvious as it's just above the lids..



Mine are not pitholes-like but they are visible, your scar above the eyelid would not be as visible, no? Have you ever sent in your application before?

Hopeful

Postby Hopeful » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 1:20 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Hopeful wrote:Hey..... i've sent in my application way before the closing date but have yet to receive a reply.... Guess its due to my age (i'm 29)...... :cry:

Anyone whos around that age but managed to secure an interview? Pls tell me ya.....


Hi Im 28 years old... have yet to receive any email from SIA...what about you? want to exchange email...We can talk more...Mine is gellybeanus77@yahoo.com.tw

Hope to hear from you, hopeful...


Hey i've sent u an email......Hope to hear from u soon... =)

Jorli

Postby Jorli » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 1:54 pm

shopaholic wrote:
Jorli wrote:
shopaholic wrote:congrats on getting in Ezanne!

I have 2 visible scars on my face from chickenpox... I have never tried hiding them with makeup, but I don't want to either.

Now I'm just afraid SIA won't accept me due to that. sigh.


How is your scar like? A spot? My chicken spot scar cant be covered because it looks like a pithole, because i burst it due to irritation and the worse thing is it's quite obvious as it's just above the lids..



Mine are not pitholes-like but they are visible, your scar above the eyelid would not be as visible, no? Have you ever sent in your application before?



It's very obvious, cos it's quite deep. I also have 1 slightly above the nose. Have not sent in any app but graduatin soon. My SIA fren did say that this will be checklisted during Kebaya Round.

Guest00

Postby Guest00 » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 2:01 pm

blurz wrote:
Guest00 wrote:Sob, i havent gotta any reply. Anyone who sent their application on the 17th got a reply?


Hi Guest00, I have also yet to receive any email from them. I sent the email on 14th June.....Waiting..... :wink:


No, i had not yet received it. I dont know why. Dont know isit because my email didnt get thru (since their mailbox had abit of prob and i try resending it many times)? I am 24 with hons degree. Isit y? U? I am starting to think of all the reasons that i am being rejected and feeling hopeless... Let's hope that they are still looking at my application...

Guest

Postby Guest » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 2:19 pm

Guest00 wrote:
blurz wrote:
Guest00 wrote:Sob, i havent gotta any reply. Anyone who sent their application on the 17th got a reply?


Hi Guest00, I have also yet to receive any email from them. I sent the email on 14th June.....Waiting..... :wink:


No, i had not yet received it. I dont know why. Dont know isit because my email didnt get thru (since their mailbox had abit of prob and i try resending it many times)? I am 24 with hons degree. Isit y? U? I am starting to think of all the reasons that i am being rejected and feeling hopeless... Let's hope that they are still looking at my application...

Hi, I send on the 17th, and I'm also a degree holder, this yr 25. I tink izit that we are over-qualify? Since they didnt mention recruiting degree holders? :(


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests