Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
iwannefly
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007

Postby iwannefly » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 2:03 pm

Eneres wrote:Hey People,

I'm so dissappointed with myself yesterday....:( What a letdown.

Managed to pass Round 1, Kebaya + Skincheck but failed at 1to1 interview.

During Kebaya, the lady was very nice. i was initially very stiff in my walking but she asked me to try being natural and i did! She mentioned that i am very fair and have a small face. LOL

During 1 to 1 interview, The questions asked were relatively tough:

1. Why do you want to make a career switch?
2. What does customer service means to you?
3. What are the negative aspects of being a Cabin crew?
4. Do you refer to work alone or as a team?
5. Are you a team player or team leader?
6. Describe yourself.
7. Is service on Air ot service on ground more important and why?

That's all i could recall........

I frumbled at Qn 3 :

"3. What are the negative aspects of being a Cabin crew?"

I answered that working irregular hours and that it can be positive in the sense that you must stay healthy and be very disciplined.

I guess this is what killed me....depending on how you interpret my answer. i guess i failed to explain clearly and maybe the interviewer might interpret it as i'm someone who prefers 9 to 5 job.

Actually what i meant was that to some people, it might be negative. However, for me, it is positive as i do not like deskbound job and thus i do not mind the irregular working hours. This can be positive because i will then"forced" myself to stay healthy, be healthy and maintain being disciplined.

Sigh!

Hey, but i'm happy for Pinklittlefigure who managed to pass all rounds.......You deserve it for putting in so much effort.

It was nice meeting Rainchocolate as well.........i hope you remember me. :)

Iwannafly and Mouse, lets work hard and try again........We'll soon succeed! :)



Hi Serene...

i believe next try u can get in de.. so jia you jia you.. ^^

i don tink i can try again so soon due to my ban.. i wish you and mouse all the best ^^ jia you k? will join u gals after my ban .. hee...
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

omg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 28 Jan 2008

Postby omg » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 2:09 pm

Eneres wrote:
Hey People,

I'm so dissappointed with myself yesterday.... What a letdown.

Managed to pass Round 1, Kebaya + Skincheck but failed at 1to1 interview.

During Kebaya, the lady was very nice. i was initially very stiff in my walking but she asked me to try being natural and i did! She mentioned that i am very fair and have a small face. LOL

During 1 to 1 interview, The questions asked were relatively tough:

1. Why do you want to make a career switch?
2. What does customer service means to you?
3. What are the negative aspects of being a Cabin crew?
4. Do you refer to work alone or as a team?
5. Are you a team player or team leader?
6. Describe yourself.
7. Is service on Air ot service on ground more important and why?

That's all i could recall........

I frumbled at Qn 3 :

"3. What are the negative aspects of being a Cabin crew?"

I answered that working irregular hours and that it can be positive in the sense that you must stay healthy and be very disciplined.

I guess this is what killed me....depending on how you interpret my answer. i guess i failed to explain clearly and maybe the interviewer might interpret it as i'm someone who prefers 9 to 5 job.

Actually what i meant was that to some people, it might be negative. However, for me, it is positive as i do not like deskbound job and thus i do not mind the irregular working hours. This can be positive because i will then"forced" myself to stay healthy, be healthy and maintain being disciplined.

Sigh!

Hey, but i'm happy for Pinklittlefigure who managed to pass all rounds.......You deserve it for putting in so much effort.

It was nice meeting Rainchocolate as well.........i hope you remember me.

Iwannafly and Mouse, lets work hard and try again........We'll soon succeed!



Hi Serene...

i believe next try u can get in de.. so jia you jia you.. ^^

i don tink i can try again so soon due to my ban.. i wish you and mouse all the best ^^ jia you k? will join u gals after my ban .. hee...
_________________
I wanne FLY... Counting down my ban..
-----------------------------------------

hi serene u know when is the next interview?

omg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 28 Jan 2008

Postby omg » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 2:10 pm

hi Eneres:
u know when is the next interview?

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby yingying2888 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 2:14 pm

omg wrote:hi Eneres:
u know when is the next interview?


keep checking the SIA website for updates on any upcoming interviews.
the world at your doorstep

serray
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 03 May 2007

Postby serray » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 2:20 pm

summertime wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
summertime wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
summertime wrote:i had my first try at the interview yesterday. i made it to the last round and then got rejected. i must have given really stupid answers or something.

it is a totally horrible feeling, having gotten this far and then failing!



hi summertime... i totally understand how u feel.. because i was booted out in the last round too... did the lady tell u 3 months ban? so sad right?? it's juz a step away from success.. now we got to start all over again =/ haiz.. so near yet so far...

omg, yah. i totally agree... so near yet so far! it's very disappointing to get this far and then not make it. =(
i was told about the 3 months ban too... sigh.
going through the entire process all over again is just sad.


Very true... it's like a nightmare... u wish it wasn't true that u actually got booted out in management round... but somehow have to learn to face the cruel fact ...

wat time did u went for the final round?? becuz i'm oso in panel B... =/

hmmm... it was about 4 plus, 5. i was the second last to be interviewed by panel B.


hi summertime... r u the girl in purple??

summertime
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 28 Jan 2008

Postby summertime » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 2:36 pm

hi serray, yup... that's me.

serray
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 03 May 2007

Postby serray » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 2:49 pm

summertime wrote:hi serray, yup... that's me.


really?? i'm the girl b4 u!! heehee~

summertime
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 28 Jan 2008

Postby summertime » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 2:50 pm

serray wrote:
summertime wrote:hi serray, yup... that's me.


really?? i'm the girl b4 u!! heehee~

omg, hello!! so did you get in??? :)

serray
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 03 May 2007

Postby serray » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 2:58 pm

summertime wrote:
serray wrote:
summertime wrote:hi serray, yup... that's me.


really?? i'm the girl b4 u!! heehee~

omg, hello!! so did you get in??? :)


yes i got it!!! haha... i think i'm gg for my medicals tml!! :D

summertime
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 28 Jan 2008

Postby summertime » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 3:03 pm

serray wrote:
summertime wrote:
serray wrote:
summertime wrote:hi serray, yup... that's me.


really?? i'm the girl b4 u!! heehee~

omg, hello!! so did you get in??? :)


yes i got it!!! haha... i think i'm gg for my medicals tml!! :D

that's great! congrats. :D

serray
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 03 May 2007

Postby serray » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 3:12 pm

ya.. i'm soooo happy!!! it's almost unbelievable and yesterday's interview was so surreal. i went in w/o much expectations becos it's my first trial afterall..

girls, if u think ur nt pretty enough, or u worry about scars, or even ur education level... DUN FRET!! just go and try!! i'm nt pretty, i just had a scar (alamak.. came at the wrong time though) on my hand, i have mild acne... and i even went w no toenails (cos of running), at the management round, i even rem telling summertime i'm dead cos after a day of waiting, i think my make up is smudge n my face is oily and giving in to gravity.

haha...

but bear in mind, be confident, be humble, be nice and be SMILEY!! And it might just be ur lucky day!!!

AND AND AND... rem to do ur homework.. read thru the forum, it's got the best advice u can gt!!!

gd luck for those who'll b gg for today's management n future walk-ins.

:wink:

User avatar
HippiEeEe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon, 28 Jan 2008
Location: East

Postby HippiEeEe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 3:55 pm

Hi everyone! Same as serray, this is my 1st time applying for such wonderful job and have gained so much experience throughout the interview!

And to tell ya, initially i have no idea what is 1-1 interview and management interviews until I tried Google search and found you guys useful tips.

To those who'd make it through: My sincere CONGRATS! I really hope to join you guys soon if ever possible...

To those who didn't make this time round: Don't give up so easily ok? :) I'm sure ALL of us here will be able to make it in the near future! JIA YOU!
Embrace the Day with Power Confidence! ^^v

User avatar
zetpeh
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu, 12 Apr 2007
Location: sg

Postby zetpeh » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 5:21 pm

[quote="yingying2888"]Expats' gathering
Date/Day: 2nd Feb, Saturday
Event: Lunch followed by karaoke session
Venue: Probably NUS Guildhouse at Suntec


1) Abercrombie
2) okieping
3) rainschocolate
4) yingying2888 confirmed
5) Sokeai confirmed
6) zetpeh confirmed
7) hafiz_ confirmed
8) sheepish
9) jlkm2005
10) iwannefly
11) xanngac
12) aliciagloria
13) rx_aelix
14) zandlelightz
15) Destinee
16) Hikari82
17) rurik0
18) rinnuwatanabe
19) jas
21) streets

iwannefly
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007

Postby iwannefly » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 5:40 pm

Expats' gathering
Date/Day/Time: 2nd Feb, Saturday, 1 plus 2
Event: Lunch followed by karaoke session
Venue: Probably NUS Guildhouse at Suntec


1) Abercrombie
2) okieping
3) rainschocolate
4) yingying2888 confirmed
5) Sokeai confirmed
6) zetpeh confirmed
7) hafiz_ confirmed
8) sheepish
9) jlkm2005
10) iwannefly confirmed
11) xanngac
12) aliciagloria
13) rx_aelix
14) zandlelightz
15) Destinee
16) Hikari82
17) rurik0
18) rinnuwatanabe
19) jas
21) streets

hey people, the details are more or less confirmed. so let's do this chop chop! could you guys kindly confirm if you're going? so i can chop chop collate the list and get lynnie to do the booking. thanks a bunch!
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

User avatar
jeanette_tohjh
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed, 23 May 2007

Postby jeanette_tohjh » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 5:48 pm

Hi!!! It's me again...

Just came back from the interview... and... YESH... i made it thru the 1-1 interview... but due to time constraint again... my management is being postpone to tml... gosh... :???:

I am really HAPPY... kekeke...

Hope I can continue to bring back good news to u all again tml!!!! :D

JIAYOU! JIAYOU! JIAYOU


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests