Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
iwannefly
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007

Postby iwannefly » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:06 am

streets wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
streets wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
summertime wrote:i had my first try at the interview yesterday. i made it to the last round and then got rejected. i must have given really stupid answers or something.

it is a totally horrible feeling, having gotten this far and then failing!


Which panel did you get in your management interview? Mine was panel B and they were very nice interviewers. If you like, you can post up the questions you were asked and the answers that you gave and we all can discuss about how to get them right for the coming ones :D



mine was panal c!



Streets: I didnt see a panel C for the management interview though. As for the 1-1 interview, I got panel A and I must say it was terrifying :-|


ooops i think i might have gotten the letter wrong, but i remembered it was quite a young indian lady (fair complexion) and it's right at the end on the left side. hm might have different shifts though, my first round group was no16.


i tink wad streets is referring to is 1-1 interview.. whereas pinklittlefigure is referring to management round.. ^^
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

iwannefly
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007

Postby iwannefly » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:08 am

summertime wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
summertime wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
summertime wrote:i had my first try at the interview yesterday. i made it to the last round and then got rejected. i must have given really stupid answers or something.

it is a totally horrible feeling, having gotten this far and then failing!



hi summertime... i totally understand how u feel.. because i was booted out in the last round too... did the lady tell u 3 months ban? so sad right?? it's juz a step away from success.. now we got to start all over again =/ haiz.. so near yet so far...

omg, yah. i totally agree... so near yet so far! it's very disappointing to get this far and then not make it. =(
i was told about the 3 months ban too... sigh.
going through the entire process all over again is just sad.


Very true... it's like a nightmare... u wish it wasn't true that u actually got booted out in management round... but somehow have to learn to face the cruel fact ...

wat time did u went for the final round?? becuz i'm oso in panel B... =/

hmmm... it was about 4 plus, 5. i was the second last to be interviewed by panel B.


oh.. i'm the earlier one... =/ anyway.. will u be trying again???
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

summertime
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 28 Jan 2008

Postby summertime » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:10 am

pinklittlefigure wrote:
summertime wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
summertime wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
summertime wrote:i had my first try at the interview yesterday. i made it to the last round and then got rejected. i must have given really stupid answers or something.

it is a totally horrible feeling, having gotten this far and then failing!


Which panel did you get in your management interview? Mine was panel B and they were very nice interviewers. If you like, you can post up the questions you were asked and the answers that you gave and we all can discuss about how to get them right for the coming ones :D

i got panel B as well. i thought they were nice... but i noticed a higher passing rate for people in panel A.

by the way, congrats for getting in :)


I cant exactly say which panel gave out a higher passing rate as I do see girls/boys that were unsucessful. What questions did they ask you? For mine, it is basicly focusing on my current job scope, my appearance and family.


they asked me about my family, previous job and current job. i was asked why i left my previous job for the current one. i didn't give a good reason for that.
I left my current job as there were no motivation in the company and I'm a person who need challenges to fulfil my need of recognition

i was also asked why all of a sudden i want to join SQ. i told them that i've always wanted to join but my parents didn't consent. but now i've managed to convince them.
SQ is a world renowned company that has one of the best fleet and dynamic cabin crew. To be a part of the prestigious crew, would be something I will be proud of. The career path is very challenging and rewarding at the same time and this career gives me the chance to travel to different places to experience other cultures while fulfilling my passion to provide quality customer care and services.

they asked what i could offer SIA... and i said that i have a warm personality and i'm cool headed. which led them to asking me what it takes to make me angry...
I able to offer a perfect balance of effiencency, friendliness and warmth to the passangers that I'm tending to. Tell them your strengths such as hard working and meticulous. Elaborate on them.

i think the worst part of the interview was that i didn't appear serious about the job and i wanted to join for the wrong reason? it seemed as though i only wanted to be in SQ to "meet people".
my answers were all terrible.
Do rmb to answer them with 90% truth as they are able to fire at you when they sense a lie in between. You should appear confident and most importantly flash those pearly whites! I believe you dont know what to expect off since it is your first time. Dont fret as you have 3 months to prepare before heading for another interview! Take this time to study and learn what to say during the interview :wink:

these are pretty good answers!
i kept my smile on through all the rounds. i guess it helped me get to the last stage.
i was quite surprised that i passed the one-on-one interview cos my answers were not good and i couldn't even name 3 cities that SQ flies to (i only managed to say copenhagen), even though i claimed that i went to singaporeair.com. LOL.
i will definitely prepare properly the next time!

User avatar
deviana-dee
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue, 15 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby deviana-dee » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:11 am

yellowpig wrote:sad sad.. till now still nobody tell me if braces will kill the chances of getting selected ? or i missed the reply ?

CONGRATS TO THOSE WHO MADE IT YO!


hmm, i don think so.. there was this girl who was in my group, we were at the kebaya round, the interviewer said that she needs to remove her braces before she comes for interview ( even though she's going to take it out in another couple of months)

dee.

summertime
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 28 Jan 2008

Postby summertime » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:11 am

iwannefly wrote:
summertime wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
summertime wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
summertime wrote:i had my first try at the interview yesterday. i made it to the last round and then got rejected. i must have given really stupid answers or something.

it is a totally horrible feeling, having gotten this far and then failing!



hi summertime... i totally understand how u feel.. because i was booted out in the last round too... did the lady tell u 3 months ban? so sad right?? it's juz a step away from success.. now we got to start all over again =/ haiz.. so near yet so far...

omg, yah. i totally agree... so near yet so far! it's very disappointing to get this far and then not make it. =(
i was told about the 3 months ban too... sigh.
going through the entire process all over again is just sad.


Very true... it's like a nightmare... u wish it wasn't true that u actually got booted out in management round... but somehow have to learn to face the cruel fact ...

wat time did u went for the final round?? becuz i'm oso in panel B... =/

hmmm... it was about 4 plus, 5. i was the second last to be interviewed by panel B.


oh.. i'm the earlier one... =/ anyway.. will u be trying again???

i will most likely try again! :)

iwannefly
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007

Postby iwannefly » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:12 am

jeanette_tohjh wrote:I can't slp... i am so excited over the interview later today!!! keke...

anyway... i am all ready now... just bathe... make-up bla bla bla...

wish me luck...!

Hope i can bring back more good news later!!!

Thanks ppl for all your advices and encouragement!!!

JIAYOU! JIAYOU! JIAYOU!



Good luck to you...^^ Jia you..
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

User avatar
deviana-dee
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue, 15 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby deviana-dee » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:13 am

summertime wrote:i had my first try at the interview yesterday. i made it to the last round and then got rejected. i must have given really stupid answers or something.

it is a totally horrible feeling, having gotten this far and then failing!


hey, don be sad, i m sure you have did your best. Its all about --Never say die! Just keep trying! :)

waggiee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 20 Jun 2007

Postby waggiee » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:14 am

summertime wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
summertime wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
summertime wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
summertime wrote:i had my first try at the interview yesterday. i made it to the last round and then got rejected. i must have given really stupid answers or something.

it is a totally horrible feeling, having gotten this far and then failing!


Which panel did you get in your management interview? Mine was panel B and they were very nice interviewers. If you like, you can post up the questions you were asked and the answers that you gave and we all can discuss about how to get them right for the coming ones :D

i got panel B as well. i thought they were nice... but i noticed a higher passing rate for people in panel A.

by the way, congrats for getting in :)


I cant exactly say which panel gave out a higher passing rate as I do see girls/boys that were unsucessful. What questions did they ask you? For mine, it is basicly focusing on my current job scope, my appearance and family.


they asked me about my family, previous job and current job. i was asked why i left my previous job for the current one. i didn't give a good reason for that.
I left my current job as there were no motivation in the company and I'm a person who need challenges to fulfil my need of recognition

i was also asked why all of a sudden i want to join SQ. i told them that i've always wanted to join but my parents didn't consent. but now i've managed to convince them.
SQ is a world renowned company that has one of the best fleet and dynamic cabin crew. To be a part of the prestigious crew, would be something I will be proud of. The career path is very challenging and rewarding at the same time and this career gives me the chance to travel to different places to experience other cultures while fulfilling my passion to provide quality customer care and services.

they asked what i could offer SIA... and i said that i have a warm personality and i'm cool headed. which led them to asking me what it takes to make me angry...
I able to offer a perfect balance of effiencency, friendliness and warmth to the passangers that I'm tending to. Tell them your strengths such as hard working and meticulous. Elaborate on them.

i think the worst part of the interview was that i didn't appear serious about the job and i wanted to join for the wrong reason? it seemed as though i only wanted to be in SQ to "meet people".
my answers were all terrible.
Do rmb to answer them with 90% truth as they are able to fire at you when they sense a lie in between. You should appear confident and most importantly flash those pearly whites! I believe you dont know what to expect off since it is your first time. Dont fret as you have 3 months to prepare before heading for another interview! Take this time to study and learn what to say during the interview :wink:

these are pretty good answers!
i kept my smile on through all the rounds. i guess it helped me get to the last stage.
i was quite surprised that i passed the one-on-one interview cos my answers were not good and i couldn't even name 3 cities that SQ flies to (i only managed to say copenhagen), even though i claimed that i went to singaporeair.com. LOL.
i will definitely prepare properly the next time!


Ya..preety gd answers :)

To iwannafly:
dun worry, 3mths will past fast..and maybe i could join u for the interview? haha...

waggiee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 20 Jun 2007

Postby waggiee » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:18 am

rinnuwatanabe wrote:
waggiee wrote:i juz did a check n the interview is tmr..arh,
the problem is i am having my end yr holi starting in 2 wks tims till graduation. so..still not considered a diploma grad yet..
i think i'll juz have to missed the chance.. :(
Gd luck for all going for the interview tmr..


Hey just give it a try cause they stated there whoever will be graduating by mid May may apply too... u can just use your O level cert then... :cool:


rinnuwatanabe, i should have tried on sun. one of my schoolmates went and she got selected for another round of interview today..hmm... :?

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:19 am

As for the questions that might be asked during the interviews, I will try to get a summaried list along with my answers and post it here. Give me roughly a night to create it :)

summertime
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 28 Jan 2008

Postby summertime » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:25 am

deviana-dee wrote:
summertime wrote:i had my first try at the interview yesterday. i made it to the last round and then got rejected. i must have given really stupid answers or something.

it is a totally horrible feeling, having gotten this far and then failing!


hey, don be sad, i m sure you have did your best. Its all about --Never say die! Just keep trying! :)

that's the thing, i didn't do my best. i went there with the mentality of just trying my luck. i should have prepared myself better; now i regret not doing so.
i'll try again for sure! hopefully i only have to try once more. :)

waggiee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 20 Jun 2007

Postby waggiee » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:31 am

any idea when will the nx recruitment be held?

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:34 am

waggiee wrote:any idea when will the nx recruitment be held?


Waggiee: there should be a walk-in recruitment in about 2-3 weeks from now (do check the SIA website on a daily basis so you wont miss out the chance) and there should be another walk-in recruitment in about 4-8 weeks time.

waggiee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 20 Jun 2007

Postby waggiee » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:37 am

pinklittlefigure wrote:
waggiee wrote:any idea when will the nx recruitment be held?


Waggiee: there should be a walk-in recruitment in about 2-3 weeks from now (do check the SIA website on a daily basis so you wont miss out the chance) and there should be another walk-in recruitment in about 4-8 weeks time.


thx for ur prompt reply :D

iwannefly
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007

Postby iwannefly » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:39 am

waggiee wrote:
summertime wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
summertime wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
summertime wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
summertime wrote:i had my first try at the interview yesterday. i made it to the last round and then got rejected. i must have given really stupid answers or something.

it is a totally horrible feeling, having gotten this far and then failing!


Which panel did you get in your management interview? Mine was panel B and they were very nice interviewers. If you like, you can post up the questions you were asked and the answers that you gave and we all can discuss about how to get them right for the coming ones :D

i got panel B as well. i thought they were nice... but i noticed a higher passing rate for people in panel A.

by the way, congrats for getting in :)


I cant exactly say which panel gave out a higher passing rate as I do see girls/boys that were unsucessful. What questions did they ask you? For mine, it is basicly focusing on my current job scope, my appearance and family.


they asked me about my family, previous job and current job. i was asked why i left my previous job for the current one. i didn't give a good reason for that.
I left my current job as there were no motivation in the company and I'm a person who need challenges to fulfil my need of recognition

i was also asked why all of a sudden i want to join SQ. i told them that i've always wanted to join but my parents didn't consent. but now i've managed to convince them.
SQ is a world renowned company that has one of the best fleet and dynamic cabin crew. To be a part of the prestigious crew, would be something I will be proud of. The career path is very challenging and rewarding at the same time and this career gives me the chance to travel to different places to experience other cultures while fulfilling my passion to provide quality customer care and services.

they asked what i could offer SIA... and i said that i have a warm personality and i'm cool headed. which led them to asking me what it takes to make me angry...
I able to offer a perfect balance of effiencency, friendliness and warmth to the passangers that I'm tending to. Tell them your strengths such as hard working and meticulous. Elaborate on them.

i think the worst part of the interview was that i didn't appear serious about the job and i wanted to join for the wrong reason? it seemed as though i only wanted to be in SQ to "meet people".
my answers were all terrible.
Do rmb to answer them with 90% truth as they are able to fire at you when they sense a lie in between. You should appear confident and most importantly flash those pearly whites! I believe you dont know what to expect off since it is your first time. Dont fret as you have 3 months to prepare before heading for another interview! Take this time to study and learn what to say during the interview :wink:

these are pretty good answers!
i kept my smile on through all the rounds. i guess it helped me get to the last stage.
i was quite surprised that i passed the one-on-one interview cos my answers were not good and i couldn't even name 3 cities that SQ flies to (i only managed to say copenhagen), even though i claimed that i went to singaporeair.com. LOL.
i will definitely prepare properly the next time!


Ya..preety gd answers :)

To iwannafly:
dun worry, 3mths will past fast..and maybe i could join u for the interview? haha...


Thanks waggiee =D u can try the upcoming write in.. =D who knows u might passed all round before the 3 months is up.. ^^ jia you.. don miss out any opportunity..
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest