Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 2:34 am

yellowpig wrote:sad sad.. till now still nobody tell me if braces will kill the chances of getting selected ? or i missed the reply ?

CONGRATS TO THOSE WHO MADE IT YO!
Answered before liao if you cant find please PM crystalheart, i am sure he/she can give you a good answer :wink:

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 2:35 am

Abercrombie wrote:I have no life lah so all my time is spent on various Forum regarding my hobby which is photography, time check ...8hr here liao oh my God!!! Some forum are very strict, the most 2-3 post out of topic you will kana liao very difficult to get to know fellow forum-er but they have a place to talk cock and you can talk anything till the cow comes home. This threat is a bit different, apart from getting informations you can make friends and organise meet together or even attend the interviews together, it makes it more interesting. I can create a thread for the gathering or other talk but this will direct the traffic and those frequent user away from this threat and people will not be able to get instant reply on their question as there are many "in house tips giver" here almost 24hrs. worst it will drop to page 2 or 3 with the latest post as 1 week ago with question answered 1 week later :wink: Well some O.T should be ok as it keep the place more lively thats why I park myself here, so lets just control ourself and dont O.T too much. Anything we can just go MSN lor

make :love: not :boxing:
yea. i owas tot its okay to talk about topics out of SIA cabin crew. the gathering is meant for forumers in this thread, if this kinda thing is posted elsewhere like in the link rinu gave, how wil fellow forumers know about it? so gathering organisers have to go to leisure jokes and informal thread sections to post and update ba i suppose.. :-|
the world at your doorstep

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 2:43 am

This can be done posting here a gathering post once awhile then by linking it to the name list and yak yak yak thread :wink:

gumdrops

Post by gumdrops » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 2:46 am

yellowpig wrote:sad sad.. till now still nobody tell me if braces will kill the chances of getting selected ? or i missed the reply ?

i asked one of my girlfriends who's flying, its a no-no. personally i have braces too but only on the bottom row, i guess if i manage to actually get past the height round ( sian! ), and if they say no to braces i'll just inform them i'll get it removed if required. or you cld ask if they'd save a position for you if you manage to clear all rounds. i bet you'd have a megawatt smile after you remove your braces because your teeth wld be so perfect so if you have no prbs w the interviews i dont see why they wont accomodate to tt!

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 2:47 am

The problem of do this will be you will get all sorts of people joining for the get together. unlike here where people of the same interest will join ....not easy... or just PM to one person and he keep the list lor

zetpeh
Regular
Regular

Post by zetpeh » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 2:47 am

wow... wat a mess due to the height thingy ... Congrat for those who made it.....

green_tea

Post by green_tea » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 3:43 am

Abercrombie wrote:

Answered before liao if you cant find please PM crystalheart, i am sure he/she can give you a good answer :wink:
Hi, you will be booted out during the kebaya round if you wear braces..i have a friend who got booted out during that round. The beautician told her to try again after removing her braces.

angietyj

Post by angietyj » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 9:29 am

green_tea wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:

Hi, you will be booted out during the kebaya round if you wear braces..i have a friend who got booted out during that round. The beautician told her to try again after removing her braces.
its okay babe! try next time!

congrats to joyce! hee! so happi for her!

i got boot out in first round man! i thk i ruin it la. was like talking less than 10s when others talk for like 3mins! n i onli talked about where's my current and previous job and im a sociable gal n FULL STOP!

dunno wht e ... im doing la! :x guess too tired painting my whole hse till 3 in e morning.

:o

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 9:35 am

Good Morning Everyone!!!
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:08 am

Yellowpig: There was a girl who had braces in my group and she wasnt selected. I think during self intro, you should tell the interviewer something like this "I did braces for my teeth back in year **** to correct my teeth and I'm glad I did it because it enhances my outer appearance. I will be removing my braces by year **** and I cant wait to see the result myself"

Answer tactfully and I believe they may consider accepting girls who are having their braces on.

summertime

Post by summertime » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:20 am

i had my first try at the interview yesterday. i made it to the last round and then got rejected. i must have given really stupid answers or something.

it is a totally horrible feeling, having gotten this far and then failing!

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:20 am

llentimes wrote:
salvana wrote:hello all,

CONGRATS to those who made it. (especially pinklittlefigure)

And good luck for those who will b having their mgmt round soon...

As for me, I failed at round 1. :(
I really have no idea what went wrong..... i guess i can only say... luck plays a part....
well well... managed to get thru till mgmt round doesn't necessarily means i can pass round 1 in my next attempt.... and yeah..true enuf... i was booted out rite after round 1.... :-|
Salvana, join mi in the next interview okie! we can work hard together! :D
Llentimes: Thank you for your well wishes!

Round 1 can be prepared so you may wanna take a look at Pg 549 for more information on how I manage to get thru all the rounds

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:22 am

summertime wrote:i had my first try at the interview yesterday. i made it to the last round and then got rejected. i must have given really stupid answers or something.

Which panel did you get in your management interview? Mine was panel B and they were very nice interviewers. If you like, you can post up the questions you were asked and the answers that you gave and we all can discuss about how to get them right for the coming ones :D

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:24 am

angietyj wrote:
green_tea wrote:
Abercrombie wrote: Answered before liao if you cant find please PM crystalheart, i am sure he/she can give you a good answer :wink:
its okay babe! try next time!

congrats to joyce! hee! so happi for her!

i got boot out in first round man! i thk i ruin it la. was like talking less than 10s when others talk for like 3mins! n i onli talked about where's my current and previous job and im a sociable gal n FULL STOP!

dunno wht e ... im doing la! :x guess too tired painting my whole hse till 3 in e morning.

:o
Angietyc: I did a write up about my interview on Pg 549 and you can take a look to see how I prepared for self intro :D

summertime

Post by summertime » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:30 am

pinklittlefigure wrote:
summertime wrote:i had my first try at the interview yesterday. i made it to the last round and then got rejected. i must have given really stupid answers or something.

Which panel did you get in your management interview? Mine was panel B and they were very nice interviewers. If you like, you can post up the questions you were asked and the answers that you gave and we all can discuss about how to get them right for the coming ones :D
i got panel B as well. i thought they were nice... but i noticed a higher passing rate for people in panel A.

by the way, congrats for getting in :)