Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
llentimes
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
Location: dreamer

Re: 27th walk-in

Postby llentimes » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:22 am

Yingying, u should change your avater to something more sexy and MYSTERIOUS! that might make abercrombie unable to sleep for the rest of his life... :P
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue, 24 Jul 2007

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:22 am

For those people who might think you cant make it this time no worries... u will make it some other time... better for u guys to ask the personnel themslf they will let u knw and clarify with u roughly what they want.... so cheer up! :wink:

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu, 20 Sep 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: 27th walk-in

Postby akiheartfelt » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:24 am

rinnuwatanabe wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
No what i mean is the "criteria" as in the height taken is like 160 and arm reach 214 not as in other criteria... get it what i mean??

Its very fast, 3 sec and you can take the measurement liao with those type of measuring tape.Its weird though but if thats what stopping you and you know you confirm more then 1.58 then you must fight for your rights ya :wink:


No need la cause for me i dont like to fight back wasting of my time further more the girl look younger then me.. i dont think so she knw hw to measure also :cool:


haha.. then dont keep complaining bout you not getting through the height measurement! :lol:


Im not complaining ok cause i see there's alot of peeps in here was saying and im trying to help them and encourage for those peeps... not like u guys always give negative point for them.... which they will think no use for them to retried again.... come on la dont be naive....


I think rinnuwatanabe just finds its weird that she's measured short of her height lah :)

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue, 24 Jul 2007

Re: 27th walk-in

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:24 am

akiheartfelt wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
No what i mean is the "criteria" as in the height taken is like 160 and arm reach 214 not as in other criteria... get it what i mean??

Its very fast, 3 sec and you can take the measurement liao with those type of measuring tape.Its weird though but if thats what stopping you and you know you confirm more then 1.58 then you must fight for your rights ya :wink:


No need la cause for me i dont like to fight back wasting of my time further more the girl look younger then me.. i dont think so she knw hw to measure also :cool:


haha.. then dont keep complaining bout you not getting through the height measurement! :lol:


Im not complaining ok cause i see there's alot of peeps in here was saying and im trying to help them and encourage for those peeps... not like u guys always give negative point for them.... which they will think no use for them to retried again.... come on la dont be naive....


I think rinnuwatanabe just finds its weird that she's measured short of her height lah :)


Ya thats right..... i think only u cud understand what i mean .... :wink:

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Re: 27th walk-in

Postby yingying2888 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:25 am

rinnuwatanabe wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
No what i mean is the "criteria" as in the height taken is like 160 and arm reach 214 not as in other criteria... get it what i mean??

Its very fast, 3 sec and you can take the measurement liao with those type of measuring tape.Its weird though but if thats what stopping you and you know you confirm more then 1.58 then you must fight for your rights ya :wink:


No need la cause for me i dont like to fight back wasting of my time further more the girl look younger then me.. i dont think so she knw hw to measure also :cool:


haha.. then dont keep complaining bout you not getting through the height measurement! :lol:


Im not complaining ok cause i see there's alot of peeps in here was saying and im trying to help them and encourage for those peeps... not like u guys always give negative point for them.... which they will think no use for them to retried again.... come on la dont be naive....


haha.. talk about naive.. wonder whose more naive here, talking about "wasting cab fare to the interviews" and trying the "SQ interviews for fun only".. we're jus stating a true picture of wat happens and the inconsistency of the measurement.. unfortunately alot of the ppl here dun try them "for fun only", isnt it good to see the real picture, rather than giving false hopes?
the world at your doorstep

gumdrops
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 28 Jan 2008

Postby gumdrops » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:27 am

i tried twice today but i cldnt get past the height req! 1st they measured 156, 2nd time 157.9 but i had a clip on and the lady hesitated and just said no. :( quite disheartening as i was so eager to join everyone else in the interviews and stuff. i never thought the height wld be such an obstacle for me because ive always been measured 158..suddenly im envious of all tall girls...! is thre any ban in such a case? and dear girls...any tips for me to shoot up by just 2 cms in 1 mth!?! :p i want this bad!

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Re: 27th walk-in

Postby Abercrombie » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:28 am

rinnuwatanabe wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
llentimes wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
llentimes wrote:And "rinnuwatanabe", For 1-1 & Mgt rds, the interviewers are SIA staff, cause I saw some of them when I STC 4 interview. The rest should be hiring company ppl as I saw some of the "taking height" staff filling in application forms in the later part of the evening

And about the height, they are right to be so particuarly (though it might not be 100% accurate) as alot of safety equipments, safe aid kit and fire-fighting equipments are placed quite high. So they need to make sure they hire staffs with certain height so crew can able to retrieve these equip in case of emergencies.


I know that but this my first time get rejected cause of my height, why i can manage to go for other airline till the final man... further more their criteria is much more higher then SQ lei... i just dont understand .... :-|


"rinnuwatanabe" I guess that will depend on luck due to such inconsistence. I heard of ppl who dun pass the height, but the next time they do. Anyway, being selected, preparation 60% luck 40%.

Dont be demoralise...


i tink the measurement of the criteria of different airlines is different.. some looks for personality, some looks, some attitude.. so i think you really cant compare airlines to airlines.. SQ must have a reason to be one of world's best airline.. definitely something to do with their stringent standards of recruitment..

if you have doubts, like wat abercrombie said, maybe nex time you can bring your own clinical measurin tape to the walk in yourself and you will then get throught the height measurement.. :wink:


And about airline, Alot is about safety. So i guess the height requirements is as important. U can try again and the next time u can stand straighter. Anyway, my height was also measure lower. In STC my height was measured 164. But today, It was measured 162.


yea.. SIA has got the 1.58m requirement instead of reaching 2+metres on tip toes because they have different air craft specifications.. SIA's higher than others i heard..


Did you hear that from me?? Thats true, the compartments now are all higher both in the cabin and Galley even the galley top was higher hahaha it makes you feel kind of shorter now :?[/quote]

My darling Abercrombie as if i dont knw what the aircraft look alike... i'm wrking with SATS since 2004 till now i knw what the different between the new and old aircraft. Its all about the same... even when im onboard looking for pax for offload do u think all the crew are taller? u knw what to me even with their sandal on to me im much more taller then them ok... only for certain crew la as in leading crew some of them only i get to see much taller then me...[/quote]

Now I know you works in SATS it makes it easier for me to explain liao. You must have seen before how short some FSS is right, how they struggle to open or close the compartment right, yup with the sandal and even now the court shoe. Tip top also cannot so have to step onto the side step build on the seats just for this purpose hahaha No choice ask for help from other crew walking from one end to the other end fighting with the incoming flow of passenger like a salmon swimming up stream to spawn hahaha lot of time is wasted here plus now you will see 2 salmon swimming upstream back to open or close that compartment. So now the height measurement iis more strict or maybe with the -2cm thing build in. Try visiting the A380 and see how heavy and high the compartment is :shock:

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu, 20 Sep 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby akiheartfelt » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:29 am

gumdrops wrote:i tried twice today but i cldnt get past the height req! 1st they measured 156, 2nd time 157.9 but i had a clip on and the lady hesitated and just said no. :( quite disheartening as i was so eager to join everyone else in the interviews and stuff. i never thought the height wld be such an obstacle for me because ive always been measured 158..suddenly im envious of all tall girls...! is thre any ban in such a case? and dear girls...any tips for me to shoot up by just 2 cms in 1 mth!?! :p i want this bad!


I don't think it's possible haha... try again next time! :) how did you try twice in a day anyway? you re-queued? haha...

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue, 24 Jul 2007

Re: 27th walk-in

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:29 am

yingying2888 wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
No what i mean is the "criteria" as in the height taken is like 160 and arm reach 214 not as in other criteria... get it what i mean??

Its very fast, 3 sec and you can take the measurement liao with those type of measuring tape.Its weird though but if thats what stopping you and you know you confirm more then 1.58 then you must fight for your rights ya :wink:


No need la cause for me i dont like to fight back wasting of my time further more the girl look younger then me.. i dont think so she knw hw to measure also :cool:


haha.. then dont keep complaining bout you not getting through the height measurement! :lol:


Im not complaining ok cause i see there's alot of peeps in here was saying and im trying to help them and encourage for those peeps... not like u guys always give negative point for them.... which they will think no use for them to retried again.... come on la dont be naive....


haha.. talk about naive.. wonder whose more naive here, talking about "wasting cab fare to the interviews" and trying the "SQ interviews for fun only".. we're jus stating a true picture of wat happens and the inconsistency of the measurement.. unfortunately alot of the ppl here dun try them "for fun only", isnt it good to see the real picture, rather than giving false hopes?


Hey babe i think u dun really understand what im trying to say.... cause u knw what u only see the borderline which to me i mean for some other peeps and try to tell them no need for them to feel overturn just chill.. ya i knw everyone hve that pasion to go thorugh all this... and im here just to cheer them up not by being arrogant with my words and be "naive" cause as what i see for some of you once u get in u feel proud like a peacock come on la.. im not like this kind of people though ya me too have the passion but however i do like them before have low self esteem which lead me to be just a ground staff but till when?? so im here just to tell them no need to feel rejected or what just take it easy when the right time have come then might be ya turn.... understand?? :wink:
Last edited by rinnuwatanabe on Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Re: 27th walk-in

Postby yingying2888 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:30 am

llentimes wrote:Yingying, u should change your avater to something more sexy and MYSTERIOUS! that might make abercrombie unable to sleep for the rest of his life... :P


hahaha.. why not u change yours too? we torture him and make him cant sleep..
the world at your doorstep

User avatar
llentimes
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
Location: dreamer

Re: 27th walk-in

Postby llentimes » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:31 am

Im not complaining ok cause i see there's alot of peeps in here was saying and im trying to help them and encourage for those peeps... not like u guys always give negative point for them.... which they will think no use for them to retried again.... come on la dont be naive....[/quote]

If u really think getting to try again is naive, then u wont understand how many pplin this forum is actually DYING to get this job. I think this height thingy should just end here cause it getting meaningless and the least constructive at all. All user, please just stop discussing about this cause I think it will just never end.

For those who really have the passion (PASSION to serve I mean), dont give up. Not all get this job just on their 1st trial.

For those unsure if this is the right job for them...think through! Is being a crew really that wonderful? U really will still love your unifom when u have to clean up the toilet in that pretty kebaya? Will u still smile even when a customer shouts at you for no reason?

Just think about all this. I not just any summer holiday job
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

User avatar
llentimes
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
Location: dreamer

Re: 27th walk-in

Postby llentimes » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:33 am

yingying2888 wrote:
llentimes wrote:Yingying, u should change your avater to something more sexy and MYSTERIOUS! that might make abercrombie unable to sleep for the rest of his life... :P


hahaha.. why not u change yours too? we torture him and make him cant sleep..


I prefer to all torturing him on the next outing. I think i cant make it 4 d nex outing cause im workin on both dates. Maybe i will sms rainschocolate to see u'll be going ktv atr work. Then I can drop by to help torture abercrombie as well.
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue, 24 Jul 2007

Re: 27th walk-in

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:33 am

Abercrombie wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
llentimes wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
llentimes wrote:And "rinnuwatanabe", For 1-1 & Mgt rds, the interviewers are SIA staff, cause I saw some of them when I STC 4 interview. The rest should be hiring company ppl as I saw some of the "taking height" staff filling in application forms in the later part of the evening

And about the height, they are right to be so particuarly (though it might not be 100% accurate) as alot of safety equipments, safe aid kit and fire-fighting equipments are placed quite high. So they need to make sure they hire staffs with certain height so crew can able to retrieve these equip in case of emergencies.


I know that but this my first time get rejected cause of my height, why i can manage to go for other airline till the final man... further more their criteria is much more higher then SQ lei... i just dont understand .... :-|


"rinnuwatanabe" I guess that will depend on luck due to such inconsistence. I heard of ppl who dun pass the height, but the next time they do. Anyway, being selected, preparation 60% luck 40%.

Dont be demoralise...


i tink the measurement of the criteria of different airlines is different.. some looks for personality, some looks, some attitude.. so i think you really cant compare airlines to airlines.. SQ must have a reason to be one of world's best airline.. definitely something to do with their stringent standards of recruitment..

if you have doubts, like wat abercrombie said, maybe nex time you can bring your own clinical measurin tape to the walk in yourself and you will then get throught the height measurement.. :wink:


And about airline, Alot is about safety. So i guess the height requirements is as important. U can try again and the next time u can stand straighter. Anyway, my height was also measure lower. In STC my height was measured 164. But today, It was measured 162.


yea.. SIA has got the 1.58m requirement instead of reaching 2+metres on tip toes because they have different air craft specifications.. SIA's higher than others i heard..


Did you hear that from me?? Thats true, the compartments now are all higher both in the cabin and Galley even the galley top was higher hahaha it makes you feel kind of shorter now :?


My darling Abercrombie as if i dont knw what the aircraft look alike... i'm wrking with SATS since 2004 till now i knw what the different between the new and old aircraft. Its all about the same... even when im onboard looking for pax for offload do u think all the crew are taller? u knw what to me even with their sandal on to me im much more taller then them ok... only for certain crew la as in leading crew some of them only i get to see much taller then me...[/quote]

Now I know you works in SATS it makes it easier for me to explain liao. You must have seen before how short some FSS is right, how they struggle to open or close the compartment right, yup with the sandal and even now the court shoe. Tip top also cannot so have to step onto the side step build on the seats just for this purpose hahaha No choice ask for help from other crew walking from one end to the other end fighting with the incoming flow of passenger like a salmon swimming up stream to spawn hahaha lot of time is wasted here plus now you will see 2 salmon swimming upstream back to open or close that compartment. So now the height measurement iis more strict or maybe with the -2cm thing build in. Try visiting the A380 and see how heavy and high the compartment is :shock:[/quote]

Ya i knw that... so i guess its not about the height measurement thing that they think they cant make it all my main topic here is about the "SCALE" i dont think so some of them just wanna go there to take their height and thats all.. Further more they themslf should knw their own height measurement right... That why some of them thought eh how come they cant get in?? thats what make them feel demoralise.....

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby yingying2888 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:34 am

gumdrops wrote:i tried twice today but i cldnt get past the height req! 1st they measured 156, 2nd time 157.9 but i had a clip on and the lady hesitated and just said no. :( quite disheartening as i was so eager to join everyone else in the interviews and stuff. i never thought the height wld be such an obstacle for me because ive always been measured 158..suddenly im envious of all tall girls...! is thre any ban in such a case? and dear girls...any tips for me to shoot up by just 2 cms in 1 mth!?! :p i want this bad!


my fren who's 157, 158 (she's in SIA now). told us that if you wanna go, wear pants so that u can tip toe slightly without being noticed.. but come to tink of it, its quite difficult too.. you might get lucky when you go for the nex walk in!

keep trying and go for it! =)
the world at your doorstep

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue, 24 Jul 2007

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:37 am

Whateva it is just stop the crap here.... for those who are unsatisfied with ya height better get ya own measuring tape and measure it yaslf... so u will knw it better no use to talk about it anymore... as what is past is past let look fwd to the future.... ok! :wink:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests