Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mentelism

???

Postby mentelism » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:17 am

Hi everybody,

I am sooo very new in here... in fact i jz found this forum today... & gosh, i declare that i have read total of almost 200pages at one time from 7pm till midnight... PHEW!!!.. I was tat engross... Newae im glad i had found sumthin resourceful at last!! I have been findin an address or email to write in instead.. this is due to because I had bad experience goin for the walk-in the last time... *haiz*..long story...

Bt nonetheless I stil came down for the walk-in today only because the HR lady gave me assurance on certain issues...

The story is the last time I went, I was rejected at queue jz because I dont have any 'O' lvls... Bt the strange thing is I have a diploma.. Ridiculous I tell you!!.. plus the lady who screen me was loud!! Gosh!! U imagine with the crowd today hw embarassin it was for me.. So I called up the HR and she told me I wldnt have any problem this time.. And this was my second attempt with SQ... I had always been trying SILKAIR because I meet their requirements. Bt I had always want to see the world.. dun get me wrng... that is nt my motive to join.. this is really my hardcore passion.. (if thats a term I shld use)..

Afterall that boost of confidence built, got thru from the screenin.. nt until I reach the measurement stage, the measure me at 156.65.. Im like WTF!!!... I rmbr the last I measured was 1.58 at least.. I thot I shrink bt it happen to my fren too...

So then I thot I wld jz wait for the write-in..

The qns is:

- Can I jz submit my resume to the cabin crew email add and use the application form from the write in format or shld I wait for the advertisement on the web first??

- If I happen to shortlisted, wld my chance to pass thru the height test be still slim??

Dats my qns for nw... There seems to be many more bt gz I'll take one step at a time....

~mentelism~ :roll:

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Re: ???

Postby akiheartfelt » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:32 am

mentelism wrote:Afterall that boost of confidence built, got thru from the screenin.. nt until I reach the measurement stage, the measure me at 156.65.. Im like WTF!!!... I rmbr the last I measured was 1.58 at least.. I thot I shrink bt it happen to my fren too...

umm hmm that's what happened to me too. i feel that their interview processes are somewhat inconsistent eg. height measurements and "leniency to shorter girls", and ban period etc... hmmm... :roll:

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Postby yingying2888 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:36 am

akiheartfelt wrote:
mentelism wrote:Afterall that boost of confidence built, got thru from the screenin.. nt until I reach the measurement stage, the measure me at 156.65.. Im like WTF!!!... I rmbr the last I measured was 1.58 at least.. I thot I shrink bt it happen to my fren too...

umm hmm that's what happened to me too. i feel that their interview processes are somewhat inconsistent eg. height measurements and "leniency to shorter girls", and ban period etc... hmmm... :roll:

thats exactly what i said in one of my post like 10 pages ago. haha. but it happened to my fren..
the world at your doorstep

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Postby llentimes » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:40 am

salvana wrote:hello llentimes,

okie.... let's do it again.... :)
hopefully the next recruitment drive will soon come..

Yesyes, We can keep alook-out in their website. I think next month should have ba.
*keep our fingers crossed* :wink:
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Abercrombie » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:42 am

akiheartfelt wrote:

umm hmm that's what happened to me too. i feel that their interview processes are somewhat inconsistent eg.

height measurements : Bring your own measuring tape the next time
"leniency to shorter girls" : No leniency should be given as this is a Requirement for a reason
ban period : They want to have fresh people trying and not the same group of people at every interviews, They reject for a reason so a period of time as given for you to improve yourself

There are other job interviews that stated that people who tried before need not apply

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Abercrombie » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:45 am

yingying2888 wrote:
akiheartfelt wrote:

thats exactly what i said in one of my post like 10 pages ago. haha. but it happened to my fren..

Wah YingYing you are still swinging from left to right till now ah ....super hyper wor muhahahaha :P

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Postby llentimes » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:46 am

Abercrombie wrote:
akiheartfelt wrote:

umm hmm that's what happened to me too. i feel that their interview processes are somewhat inconsistent eg.

"leniency to shorter girls" : No leniency should be given as this is a Requirement for a reason
ban period : They want to have fresh people trying and not the same group of people at every interviews, They reject for a reason so a period of time as given for you to improve yourself

There are other job interviews that stated that people who tried before need not apply

Abercrombie...u quote without no reply as well le... :cool:

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 27th walk-in

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:48 am

llentimes wrote:congrats to "pinklittlefigure"'s preservation! it really paid off
and congrats to "purplesara","jeanette_tohjh", "hikari82" for making it so far. keep up the good work ( plus plenty of luck) and bring forum more crews!

To "iwannefly",dun gif up. I am sure u'll to make it in the near future!

And "rinnuwatanabe", For 1-1 & Mgt rds, the interviewers are SIA staff, cause I saw some of them when I STC 4 interview. The rest should be hiring company ppl as I saw some of the "taking height" staff filling in application forms in the later part of the evening

And about the height, they are right to be so particuarly (though it might not be 100% accurate) as alot of safety equipments, safe aid kit and fire-fighting equipments are placed quite high. So they need to make sure they hire staffs with certain height so crew can able to retrieve these equip in case of emergencies.

I know that but this my first time get rejected cause of my height, why i can manage to go for other airline till the final man... further more their criteria is much more higher then SQ lei... i just dont understand .... :-|

mentelism

Postby mentelism » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:48 am

Abercrombie wrote:
akiheartfelt wrote:

*it sounds really harsh... bt its ok.. thot with arm reach i wld be able to pass... i will still try my luck... im determine newae...

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:50 am

llentimes wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
akiheartfelt wrote:

Thats right where got such thing about leniency for the shorter one.... but however i think today the scale must be something wrong.... what i know my friend told me is this scale will minus 2 cm frm ya origin height... thats what they told me :)
Last edited by rinnuwatanabe on Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Postby yingying2888 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:51 am

Abercrombie wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
akiheartfelt wrote:

Wah YingYing you are still swinging from left to right till now ah ....super hyper wor muhahahaha :P

hahaha..

i tot u like to see ma :wink:

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Re: 27th walk-in

Postby llentimes » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:52 am

And "rinnuwatanabe", For 1-1 & Mgt rds, the interviewers are SIA staff, cause I saw some of them when I STC 4 interview. The rest should be hiring company ppl as I saw some of the "taking height" staff filling in application forms in the later part of the evening

And about the height, they are right to be so particuarly (though it might not be 100% accurate) as alot of safety equipments, safe aid kit and fire-fighting equipments are placed quite high. So they need to make sure they hire staffs with certain height so crew can able to retrieve these equip in case of emergencies.[/quote]

I know that but this my first time get rejected cause of my height, why i can manage to go for other airline till the final man... further more their criteria is much more higher then SQ lei... i just dont understand .... :-|[/quote]

"rinnuwatanabe" I guess that will depend on luck due to such inconsistence. I heard of ppl who dun pass the height, but the next time they do. Anyway, being selected, preparation 60% luck 40%.

Dont be demoralise...

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Abercrombie » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:53 am

llentimes wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
akiheartfelt wrote:

I know some will miss my reply, so I reply in BOLD BLUE and you....you...still miss it.... ](*,)

mentelism

Postby mentelism » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:54 am

rinnuwatanabe wrote:
llentimes wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
akiheartfelt wrote:

Thats right where got such thing about leniency for the shorter one.... but however i think today the scale must be something wrong.... what i know my friend told me is this scale will minus 2 cm frm ya origin height... thats what they told me :)

May be leniency for "shorter" heights isnt exactly wat u ppl think she meant... short in some sense that if ur 1.56 plus to 1.57 at least we shld be given the test or the arm reach....

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Postby yingying2888 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:54 am

mentelism wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
akiheartfelt wrote:

*it sounds really harsh... bt its ok.. thot with arm reach i wld be able to pass... i will still try my luck... im determine newae...

this height measurement thingy today happened to alot alot of ppl.. hmm... prolly Adecco and SIA have different measurement scales or maybe younger gals have different method of measuring.. like u noe older aunties at the SIA walk in will remind you to stand straight etc.. but not for the younger gals?