Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Venezia
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 18 Apr 2007

Postby Venezia » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:24 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
blackpolitics wrote:
xanngac wrote:
blackpolitics wrote:pleasure to be here, been hearing about this forum and its really updated. erhhh so did anyone got in todae from here?

i need to enquire on something. 30th Jan i need to report at the HR interview Room at SIA Training Centre. May i know what is the attire? reason why i asked this is because im still serving my national service. so can i go casual or? tues i will still be out on the field man. sigh.

what does Certificate of Service (NS)( only for FS candidates), what is FS?

Appreciates if anyone could give me an answer? Thanks.


What is your purpose of going to the HR interview room. To sign the bond or to go for mgmt interview??

If you are going for mgmt interview, obviously you want to leave a good impression by dressing in formal attire, i.e shirt and pants, if you want, add a tie, but that one up to individual lah. If not you just might risk being booted out cause interviewers might find that you did not respect this interview process enough.

If you are there to sign bond, it would still be a good idea to dress smart casual, cause you never know who's looking at you. A little respect for your future employer will be good. :)

Hope this helps.


hey xanngac,
im one of those lucky ones that manage to clear all rounds today. so im like those selected lah. i also got the form to go for medical examination and XRAY but those forms that they gave us ask us to report at HR interview room. its the pre employment briefing.. so im like kinda lost; what should i wear?
because i will be back in camp tonight. and sad to say, tues igot a field camp. im kinda worried it finished late.

Always go with a long sleeve shirt with pants and leather shoe. Bring a tie just in case everyone there put on tie then you can put it on. You are never wrong to overdress but underdress really kills you :wink:


Ya, their advice is very good. If u cant, at least be in Smart Casual (Black or dark denim and collar pole Tee??) cos there r ppl rejected at the entrance cos they wear shorts, t-shirt or slippers and are asked to go home immediately to change. If u miss your timeslot, it will be very troublesome and leave a very bad impression.

As for the NS cert, i think u will need to get it from MINDEF and according to my fren they take about a month and very headache process. And briefing will not take too long

FS - Flight Steward
FSS- Flight Stewardess :wink:

iwannefly
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007

Postby iwannefly » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:25 pm

xanngac wrote:
iwannefly wrote:if my ban is 3 months... can i try out earlier?? like 1 month later or 2 month later?? or muz i wait for exact 3 months?

Anyone can help me ans this.. ??

Abercrombie can u help me ans this ?? hee


Better play safe, they ask you to wait 3mths you wait 3mths. If not later they pull out your record, they also can ask you to come back next time.

And that might leave a bad impression la, cause they might perceive you to be someone who don't listen... Its heng suay thing, some people manage to get lucky, but honestly, how many people are really that lucky?

Think through properly first ya babe. :)


Thanks gal.. i guess there is no other choice but to WAIT... =D
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:35 pm

Hello guys and girls, I came back from the 270108 walk in interview with good news! As for those who did not manage to get through this time round, fear not as there will be a upcoming write-in in about 2-3 weeks time if I'm not wrong. I'm glad all the major hurdles have been cleared and now I'm currently left with medical.

Let me share how my day when by.

KEY NOTE: SMILE AT ALL TIMES WITH SINCERITY

It would be a wise choice to be at a walk in interview at least an hour earlier than the stipulated time. I reach Sheraton Tower at 8:30am and I was very lucky to have Li'e (iwannafly) to be in the queue beforehand.
I was grouped along with Serene (eneres) and Siti Sarah in Grp9 while Li'e (iwannafly) was in another group. Valeria (mouse) was there early thus she managed to be placed into Grp1. After getting your application form verified, you will be ask to be seated till your turn for the self intro round.

Self intro round
This round has 10 interviewees to 2 interviewers and this round can be prepared. I suggest fellow candidates to try creating your own self intro and practice it till it is etched into your mind. Once something is deeply embedded into your mind, saying it would make it somehow more convincing and you will not fluster that much.

I think the most important tip to catch the attention of the interviewers would be to come up with something interesting about yourself. You can go along with the normal introduction such as name, age, workplace and hobbies but do inject a portion of something memorable that happened to yourself. After the standard self intro, we were ask the question below and the answer I gave was as below

"Why do you want to be a SIA air stewardess?"
"I want to be a SIA air stewardess because the career path is challenging and rewarding. This career give me the chance to travel to different destinations and experience other cultures while fulfilling my passion of providing quality customer care and service. I believe that I make a suitable candidate as a Singapore Girl as I'm able to potray Asian's hospitality and grace."


After everyone made their self introduction, we were all ushered outside to await for the results. Out of 10 from Grp 9, only 5 made it through. Right after the announcement of the results, you will be made to stay in one area to verify your education documents and identity.

Kebaya + skin check round
After document verification, we were ushered into the kebaya + skin check room. There was a rack that contains about 20 sets of kebaya of various sizes ranging from XXS to XXL. One tip for girls is to try the kebaya blouse on first before heading off to change as you must be quick. Girls with long hair are expected to bun up their hair so do bring rubber bands when you try out for the interview. I'm relatively larger sized compared to other girls thus the blouse I wore was XXL. Do remember that there are interviewers that are on a look out for girls whom behave badly during change.

Once you are in the kebaya, you are expected to walk towards the interviewer whom is roughly 5-8 meters away. Do walk naturally and try not too stiff up as it might hinder your grading. Once you reach her, she would prompt some questions and you will be asked to walked back and return again for another walking grading. Do not drag your feets across the room and do not walk till the slit of the kebaya skirt goes wide open.

I was informed that my BMI (body mass index) is relatively quite high for the ratio of my height and weight. I tactfully answered as below

"I'm currently going through a regime whereby I take healthy food and exercise. I've lost quite alot of kilos compared to my last attempt and I'm working hard to reach my targetted weight. I'm very determine to lose the excess weight and maintain thereafter"

After answering, I was ushered to another interviewer whom is designated to perform the skin check. Due to Sheraton Tower's ballroom lightings are yellow lights, the interviewer have installed two rather huge spot lights to check on your flaws. If you do not have severe acne scars, pigmentation or scars, you should be able pass this round without much problem.

Once you are done with the skin screening, you would be asked to changed out of the kebaya to await for results. Once again, please do hang back the uniform in a orderly manner and do not just dump the kebaya all over the place. This round itself has managed to reduced our group of 10 to 5.

My advice for this round would be to take inciative to correct the problems you might have before attempting the round as they can be rather choosy. Proper facial regime and exercise should get you quite far.

1-1 interview
This round can be a killer round for those whom may not be fluent in English. My interview started with a passage reading and it went down quite alright. Do take the time to scan through the passage before reading it as the passage may contain words that are hard to pronounce.

My interviewer threw different questions at me and these are some of them

1. You state in your application form that you are able to converse in French. How fluent are you?
Answer them truthfully and dont lie about it as he/she may test you
2. Your email address is very unique. How did it came about?
Told him a really crappy story of it
3. Where do you intend to stay if you get selected to be a SIA air stewardess?
Explained to him my plans
4. What are the qualities that a SIA air stewardess should have?
To be a sucessful air stewardess, one must have the perfect balance of efficency, friendliness and warmth. Elaborate on it

The key to this round is not to fumble your words and stay calm. Dont be nervous as nervousness may cause you to stutter your words. Stay composed at all times.

Management interview

During this round, you will be interviewed by SIA managers themselves thus do rmb to dress up smartly as first impression will last a long time. The interviewers were very nice and the questioned they asked were

1. Tell me briefly about yourself
You can use the exact same self intro
2. What are your current jobscope in the company?
I linked my jobscope to customer service
3. Tell us about how you deal with any difficult customer that you may have come by
Told them about my past experience
4. Why we should choose you to be SIA air stewardess?
Use words such as extrovert, friendly, service orientated and etc
5. Which part of your face would you like to change and why
I told them my face is something I happy with but if I really had to choose a part, i will choose the eyebrow cos they are alittle scrawny
6. Tell me about your family
Told them about family and what are they doing
7. How determine are you in getting this job
I told them I'm determined to secure a position as a cabin crew as I've given 110% this time round. I mentioned to them what I've done for the interview

The key here is to be true and answer tactfully. Try to insert positive remarks through out your speech.

That is what I can summaried about my interview and how it went.
Out of the 10 candidates that took the chance, only one in mine made it.
This is my 4th attempt and I managed to overcome the odds.
The key to being sucessful (for me) would be to have confidence but never too much.

I'm rather tired now but I will make a full entry about it in my blog later. Will post up the link once it is ready. Hopefully the information I've given can help many whom are trying. Rmb the key to sucess is to continue trying till you get it!
Last edited by pinklittlefigure on Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackpolitics
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008

Postby blackpolitics » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:35 pm

Venezia wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
blackpolitics wrote:
xanngac wrote:
blackpolitics wrote:pleasure to be here, been hearing about this forum and its really updated. erhhh so did anyone got in todae from here?

i need to enquire on something. 30th Jan i need to report at the HR interview Room at SIA Training Centre. May i know what is the attire? reason why i asked this is because im still serving my national service. so can i go casual or? tues i will still be out on the field man. sigh.

what does Certificate of Service (NS)( only for FS candidates), what is FS?

Appreciates if anyone could give me an answer? Thanks.


What is your purpose of going to the HR interview room. To sign the bond or to go for mgmt interview??

If you are going for mgmt interview, obviously you want to leave a good impression by dressing in formal attire, i.e shirt and pants, if you want, add a tie, but that one up to individual lah. If not you just might risk being booted out cause interviewers might find that you did not respect this interview process enough.

If you are there to sign bond, it would still be a good idea to dress smart casual, cause you never know who's looking at you. A little respect for your future employer will be good. :)

Hope this helps.


hey xanngac,
im one of those lucky ones that manage to clear all rounds today. so im like those selected lah. i also got the form to go for medical examination and XRAY but those forms that they gave us ask us to report at HR interview room. its the pre employment briefing.. so im like kinda lost; what should i wear?
because i will be back in camp tonight. and sad to say, tues igot a field camp. im kinda worried it finished late.

Always go with a long sleeve shirt with pants and leather shoe. Bring a tie just in case everyone there put on tie then you can put it on. You are never wrong to overdress but underdress really kills you :wink:


Ya, their advice is very good. If u cant, at least be in Smart Casual (Black or dark denim and collar pole Tee??) cos there r ppl rejected at the entrance cos they wear shorts, t-shirt or slippers and are asked to go home immediately to change. If u miss your timeslot, it will be very troublesome and leave a very bad impression.

As for the NS cert, i think u will need to get it from MINDEF and according to my fren they take about a month and very headache process. And briefing will not take too long

FS - Flight Steward
FSS- Flight Stewardess :wink:


thanks for the advices. so even though we cleared all interviews, we are still not necessary in already yet. right to say that?

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:36 pm

Hi everyone

I went for the walk in today, reached there at 8am and left at 915am....Yes, i was booted out at the 1st round :x

Not really disappointed, I was rather mentally prepared for it...What will be will be...at least I tried my best :wink: By the time I left at 9plus, I was shocked at the queue, there were so many pple at the stairways near to the entrance...Heng tat I came early, finish early rather than wait... Suay tat I believe tat I am the 1st few to be booted out of the day :cry:

I will try again the next time :P
(=^_^=)

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:43 pm

snowss wrote:Hi everyone

I went for the walk in today, reached there at 8am and left at 915am....Yes, i was booted out at the 1st round :x

Not really disappointed, I was rather mentally prepared for it...What will be will be...at least I tried my best :wink: By the time I left at 9plus, I was shocked at the queue, there were so many pple at the stairways near to the entrance...Heng tat I came early, finish early rather than wait... Suay tat I believe tat I am the 1st few to be booted out of the day :cry:

I will try again the next time :P


Hey babe, it is alright to miss a chance or two so long you keep fighting for it! One day, you will be able to secure it! :)

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:47 pm

iwannefly wrote:CONGRATS pinklittlefigure ^^

You deserve it... too bad i can't join u..


Li'e! Dont give up without fighting! I'll be waiting for you girls to join me!

iwannefly
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007

Postby iwannefly » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:50 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:Hello guys and girls, I came back from the 270108 walk in interview with good news! As for those who did not manage to get through this time round, fear not as there will be a upcoming write-in in about 2-3 weeks time if I'm not wrong. I'm glad all the major hurdles have been cleared and now I'm currently left with medical.

Let me share how my day when by.

KEY NOTE: SMILE AT ALL TIMES WITH SINCERITY

It would be a wise choice to be at a walk in interview at least an hour earlier than the stipulated time. I reach Sheraton Tower at 8:30am and I was very lucky to have Li'e (iwannafly) to be in the queue beforehand.
I was grouped along with Serene (eneres) and Siti Sarah in Grp9 while Li'e (iwannafly) was in another group. Valeria (mouse) was there early thus she managed to be placed into Grp1. After getting your application form verified, you will be ask to be seated till your turn for the self intro round.

Self intro round
This round has 10 interviewees to 2 interviewers and this round can be prepared. I suggest fellow candidates to try creating your own self intro and practice it till it is etched into your mind. Once something is deeply embedded into your mind, saying it would make it somehow more convincing and you will not fluster that much.

I think the most important tip to catch the attention of the interviewers would be to come up with something interesting about yourself. You can go along with the normal introduction such as name, age, workplace and hobbies but do inject a portion of something memorable that happened to yourself. After the standard self intro, we were ask the question below and the answer I gave was as below

"Why do you want to be a SIA air stewardess?"
"I want to be a SIA air stewardess because the career path is challenging and rewarding. This career give me the chance to travel to different destinations and experience other cultures while fulfilling my passion of providing quality customer care and service. I believe that I make a suitable candidate as a Singapore Girl as I'm able to potray Asian's hospitality and grace."


After everyone made their self introduction, we were all ushered outside to await for the results. Out of 10 from Grp 9, only 5 made it through. Right after the announcement of the results, you will be made to stay in one area to verify your education documents and identity.

Kebaya + skin check round
After document verification, we were ushered into the kebaya + skin check room. There was a rack that contains about 20 sets of kebaya of various sizes ranging from XXS to XXL. One tip for girls is to try the kebaya blouse on first before heading off to change as you must be quick. Girls with long hair are expected to bun up their hair so do bring rubber bands when you try out for the interview. I'm relatively larger sized compared to other girls thus the blouse I wore was XXL. Do remember that there are interviewers that are on a look out for girls whom behave badly during change.

Once you are in the kebaya, you are expected to walk towards the interviewer whom is roughly 5-8 meters away. Do walk naturally and try not too stiff up as it might hinder your grading. Once you reach her, she would prompt some questions and you will be asked to walked back and return again for another walking grading. Do not drag your feets across the room and do not walk till the slit of the kebaya skirt goes wide open.

I was informed that my BMI (body mass index) is relatively quite high for the ratio of my height and weight. I tactfully answered as below

"I'm currently going through a regime whereby I take healthy food and exercise. I've lost quite alot of kilos compared to my last attempt and I'm working hard to reach my targetted weight. I'm very determine to lose the excess weight and maintain thereafter"

After answering, I was ushered to another interviewer whom is designated to perform the skin check. Due to Sheraton Tower's ballroom lightings are yellow lights, the interviewer have installed two rather huge spot lights to check on your flaws. If you do not have severe acne scars, pigmentation or scars, you should be able pass this round without much problem.

Once you are done with the skin screening, you would be asked to changed out of the kebaya to await for results. Once again, please do hang back the uniform in a orderly manner and do not just dump the kebaya all over the place. This round itself has managed to reduced our group of 10 to 5.

My advice for this round would be to take inciative to correct the problems you might have before attempting the round as they can be rather choosy. Proper facial regime and exercise should get you quite far.

1-1 interview
This round can be a killer round for those whom may not be fluent in English. My interview started with a passage reading and it went down quite alright. Do take the time to scan through the passage before reading it as the passage may contain words that are hard to pronounce.

My interviewer threw different questions at me and these are some of them

1. You state in your application form that you are able to converse in French. How fluent are you?
Answer them truthfully and dont lie about it as he/she may test you
2. Your email address is very unique. How did it came about?
Told him a really crappy story of it
3. Where do you intend to stay if you get selected to be a SIA air stewardess?
Explained to him my plans
4. What are the qualities that a SIA air stewardess should have?
To be a sucessful air stewardess, one must have the perfect balance of efficency, friendliness and warmth. Elaborate on it

The key to this round is not to fumble your words and stay calm. Dont be nervous as nervousness may cause you to stutter your words. Stay composed at all times.

Management interview

During this round, you will be interviewed by SIA managers themselves thus do rmb to dress up smartly as first impression will last a long time. The interviewers were very nice and the questioned they asked were

1. Tell me briefly about yourself
You can use the exact same self intro
2. What are your current jobscope in the company?
I linked my jobscope to customer service
3. Tell us about how you deal with any difficult customer that you may have come by
Told them about my past experience
4. Why we should choose you to be SIA air stewardess?
Use words such as extrovert, friendly, service orientated and etc
5. Which part of your face would you like to change and why
I told them my face is something I happy with but if I really had to choose a part, i will choose the eyebrow cos they are alittle scrawny
6. Tell me about your family
Told them about family and what are they doing
7. How determine are you in getting this job
I told them I'm determined to secure a position as a cabin crew as I've given 110% this time round. I mentioned to them what I've done for the interview

The key here is to be true and answer tactfully. Try to insert positive remarks through out your speech.

That is what I can summaried about my interview and how it went.
Out of the 10 candidates that took the chance, only one in mine made it.
This is my 4th attempt and I managed to overcome the odds.
The key to being sucessful (for me) would be to have confidence but never too much.

I'm rather tired now but I will make a full entry about it in my blog later. Will post up the link once it is ready. Hopefully the information I've given can help many whom are trying. Rmb the key to sucess is to continue trying till you get it!


hee .. Congrats babe ^^

Gong Xi Gong Xi :D
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:51 pm

iwannefly wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
akiheartfelt wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
akiheartfelt wrote:
iwannefly wrote:if my ban is 3 months... can i try out earlier?? like 1 month later or 2 month later?? or muz i wait for exact 3 months?

Anyone can help me ans this.. ??

Abercrombie can u help me ans this ?? hee


Just offering my opinion, i've read past threads and chances are they will take note of your ban or ask you when was your last try and at which stage you failed, so it's better to be honest and keep to the ban rather than feeling disappointed again. But then i've also read about one case where they totally overlooked her ban and passed her. So.... good luck! :)



True... tink it's better to take the safer way then to burn my own bridge... hee... ^^

that's why i was debating whether i should try again in one or two month later.. oso becuz i read baout the gal who got ban but she went ahead and passed... =/

Dilemma...


I think can try but be mentally prepared to get rejected cos of the ban... and bring all your lucky charms along! hee


i don mind trying... juz afraid they might blacklist me... =(

This question I also don't knowhow to answer you :???:
The word BAN simply means BAN, there is no other meaning to it.
If you try might get through if they overlook, else you get blacklisted....
Try this, if you get ban for driving for 3 months will you still want to drive during this 3 months. There are people who tried and nothing happen and there are also those who tried and get caught. The decision is up to you only and nobody can help you because they are not the one to face the consequences of the outcome.


You quote without any reply leh :???:

User avatar
crystalheart
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby crystalheart » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:51 pm

Hey pinklittlefigure so mr tan's strategy worked for u huh..what about the other 3 gal frens of yours? and Siti Sarah and Joyce Wong?

Fren of Luke Tan :D

iwannefly
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007

Postby iwannefly » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:52 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:
iwannefly wrote:CONGRATS pinklittlefigure ^^

You deserve it... too bad i can't join u..


Li'e! Dont give up without fighting! I'll be waiting for you girls to join me!


Ladyluck left me during my management round.. so sad..

Will try again.. but have to wait for 3 months due to the ban.. sianz

I will definitely join you and the others after my ban.. can't be batchmates but i'm sure we still can be very good colleagues ^^
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

User avatar
streets
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby streets » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:56 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:Hello guys and girls, I came back from the 270108 walk in interview with good news! As for those who did not manage to get through this time round, fear not as there will be a upcoming write-in in about 2-3 weeks time if I'm not wrong. I'm glad all the major hurdles have been cleared and now I'm currently left with medical.

Let me share how my day when by.

KEY NOTE: SMILE AT ALL TIMES WITH SINCERITY

It would be a wise choice to be at a walk in interview at least an hour earlier than the stipulated time. I reach Sheraton Tower at 8:30am and I was very lucky to have Li'e (iwannafly) to be in the queue beforehand.
I was grouped along with Serene (eneres) and Siti Sarah in Grp9 while Li'e (iwannafly) was in another group. Valeria (mouse) was there early thus she managed to be placed into Grp1. After getting your application form verified, you will be ask to be seated till your turn for the self intro round.

Self intro round
This round has 10 interviewees to 2 interviewers and this round can be prepared. I suggest fellow candidates to try creating your own self intro and practice it till it is etched into your mind. Once something is deeply embedded into your mind, saying it would make it somehow more convincing and you will not fluster that much.

I think the most important tip to catch the attention of the interviewers would be to come up with something interesting about yourself. You can go along with the normal introduction such as name, age, workplace and hobbies but do inject a portion of something memorable that happened to yourself. After the standard self intro, we were ask the question below and the answer I gave was as below

"Why do you want to be a SIA air stewardess?"
"I want to be a SIA air stewardess because the career path is challenging and rewarding. This career give me the chance to travel to different destinations and experience other cultures while fulfilling my passion of providing quality customer care and service. I believe that I make a suitable candidate as a Singapore Girl as I'm able to potray Asian's hospitality and grace."


After everyone made their self introduction, we were all ushered outside to await for the results. Out of 10 from Grp 9, only 5 made it through. Right after the announcement of the results, you will be made to stay in one area to verify your education documents and identity.

Kebaya + skin check round
After document verification, we were ushered into the kebaya + skin check room. There was a rack that contains about 20 sets of kebaya of various sizes ranging from XXS to XXL. One tip for girls is to try the kebaya blouse on first before heading off to change as you must be quick. Girls with long hair are expected to bun up their hair so do bring rubber bands when you try out for the interview. I'm relatively larger sized compared to other girls thus the blouse I wore was XXL. Do remember that there are interviewers that are on a look out for girls whom behave badly during change.

Once you are in the kebaya, you are expected to walk towards the interviewer whom is roughly 5-8 meters away. Do walk naturally and try not too stiff up as it might hinder your grading. Once you reach her, she would prompt some questions and you will be asked to walked back and return again for another walking grading. Do not drag your feets across the room and do not walk till the slit of the kebaya skirt goes wide open.

I was informed that my BMI (body mass index) is relatively quite high for the ratio of my height and weight. I tactfully answered as below

"I'm currently going through a regime whereby I take healthy food and exercise. I've lost quite alot of kilos compared to my last attempt and I'm working hard to reach my targetted weight. I'm very determine to lose the excess weight and maintain thereafter"

After answering, I was ushered to another interviewer whom is designated to perform the skin check. Due to Sheraton Tower's ballroom lightings are yellow lights, the interviewer have installed two rather huge spot lights to check on your flaws. If you do not have severe acne scars, pigmentation or scars, you should be able pass this round without much problem.

Once you are done with the skin screening, you would be asked to changed out of the kebaya to await for results. Once again, please do hang back the uniform in a orderly manner and do not just dump the kebaya all over the place. This round itself has managed to reduced our group of 10 to 5.

My advice for this round would be to take inciative to correct the problems you might have before attempting the round as they can be rather choosy. Proper facial regime and exercise should get you quite far.

1-1 interview
This round can be a killer round for those whom may not be fluent in English. My interview started with a passage reading and it went down quite alright. Do take the time to scan through the passage before reading it as the passage may contain words that are hard to pronounce.

My interviewer threw different questions at me and these are some of them

1. You state in your application form that you are able to converse in French. How fluent are you?
Answer them truthfully and dont lie about it as he/she may test you
2. Your email address is very unique. How did it came about?
Told him a really crappy story of it
3. Where do you intend to stay if you get selected to be a SIA air stewardess?
Explained to him my plans
4. What are the qualities that a SIA air stewardess should have?
To be a sucessful air stewardess, one must have the perfect balance of efficency, friendliness and warmth. Elaborate on it

The key to this round is not to fumble your words and stay calm. Dont be nervous as nervousness may cause you to stutter your words. Stay composed at all times.

Management interview

During this round, you will be interviewed by SIA managers themselves thus do rmb to dress up smartly as first impression will last a long time. The interviewers were very nice and the questioned they asked were

1. Tell me briefly about yourself
You can use the exact same self intro
2. What are your current jobscope in the company?
I linked my jobscope to customer service
3. Tell us about how you deal with any difficult customer that you may have come by
Told them about my past experience
4. Why we should choose you to be SIA air stewardess?
Use words such as extrovert, friendly, service orientated and etc
5. Which part of your face would you like to change and why
I told them my face is something I happy with but if I really had to choose a part, i will choose the eyebrow cos they are alittle scrawny
6. Tell me about your family
Told them about family and what are they doing
7. How determine are you in getting this job
I told them I'm determined to secure a position as a cabin crew as I've given 110% this time round. I mentioned to them what I've done for the interview

The key here is to be true and answer tactfully. Try to insert positive remarks through out your speech.

That is what I can summaried about my interview and how it went.
Out of the 10 candidates that took the chance, only one in mine made it.
This is my 4th attempt and I managed to overcome the odds.
The key to being sucessful (for me) would be to have confidence but never too much.

I'm rather tired now but I will make a full entry about it in my blog later. Will post up the link once it is ready. Hopefully the information I've given can help many whom are trying. Rmb the key to sucess is to continue trying till you get it!



wow, i think it really depends on luck too, who you get as an interviewer. most of the questions you were asked in the management round, i was asked during the 1-1. i need to brush up on my presentation skills and NOT panic, which got me into blonde attacks if you get what i mean haha.
Last edited by streets on Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:56 pm

crystalheart wrote:Hey pinklittlefigure so mr tan's strategy worked for u huh..what about the other 3 gal frens of yours? and Siti Sarah and Joyce Wong?

Fren of Luke Tan :D


I must say that Mr Tan and Mr Wong has provided us very good tips and pointers to score the interview! I wanna thank them personally one day :D

iwannefly
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007

Postby iwannefly » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:56 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
akiheartfelt wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
akiheartfelt wrote:
iwannefly wrote:if my ban is 3 months... can i try out earlier?? like 1 month later or 2 month later?? or muz i wait for exact 3 months?

Anyone can help me ans this.. ??

Abercrombie can u help me ans this ?? hee


Just offering my opinion, i've read past threads and chances are they will take note of your ban or ask you when was your last try and at which stage you failed, so it's better to be honest and keep to the ban rather than feeling disappointed again. But then i've also read about one case where they totally overlooked her ban and passed her. So.... good luck! :)



True... tink it's better to take the safer way then to burn my own bridge... hee... ^^

that's why i was debating whether i should try again in one or two month later.. oso becuz i read baout the gal who got ban but she went ahead and passed... =/

Dilemma...


I think can try but be mentally prepared to get rejected cos of the ban... and bring all your lucky charms along! hee


i don mind trying... juz afraid they might blacklist me... =(

This question I also don't knowhow to answer you :???:
The word BAN simply means BAN, there is no other meaning to it.
If you try might get through if they overlook, else you get blacklisted....
Try this, if you get ban for driving for 3 months will you still want to drive during this 3 months. There are people who tried and nothing happen and there are also those who tried and get caught. The decision is up to you only and nobody can help you because they are not the one to face the consequences of the outcome.


You quote without any reply leh :???:


opps.. didn't realise... sorry =D

i know it's not adviseable to break the ban... so i tink i will juz be good and wun try any until the ban is up.. =D don wanne burn my own bridge...
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:56 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:
snowss wrote:Hi everyone

I went for the walk in today, reached there at 8am and left at 915am....Yes, i was booted out at the 1st round :x

Not really disappointed, I was rather mentally prepared for it...What will be will be...at least I tried my best :wink: By the time I left at 9plus, I was shocked at the queue, there were so many pple at the stairways near to the entrance...Heng tat I came early, finish early rather than wait... Suay tat I believe tat I am the 1st few to be booted out of the day :cry:

I will try again the next time :P


Hey babe, it is alright to miss a chance or two so long you keep fighting for it! One day, you will be able to secure it! :)


Yep, I will keep trying till I get in...Hahaa 8-)

Next time round, I guess I better 'jio' more pple to go with me...Cause today I went alone, so nervous...it's like pple have alrdy formed their clan liao...I only spoke during the round 1 :oops:

next time round is 2nd time loh :-({|=


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests