Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 6:17 pm

akiheartfelt wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
akiheartfelt wrote: Just offering my opinion, i've read past threads and chances are they will take note of your ban or ask you when was your last try and at which stage you failed, so it's better to be honest and keep to the ban rather than feeling disappointed again. But then i've also read about one case where they totally overlooked her ban and passed her. So.... good luck! :)
that's why i was debating whether i should try again in one or two month later.. oso becuz i read baout the gal who got ban but she went ahead and passed... =/

Dilemma...
I think can try but be mentally prepared to get rejected cos of the ban... and bring all your lucky charms along! hee
i don mind trying... juz afraid they might blacklist me... =(
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 6:31 pm

corines143 wrote:hi there... whats up ..
i haven log in for some time..
i was likeall you gals before constantly trying for every interview but i can truthfull say i have given up because i felt being a SIA stewardess is not realistic at all.. cos what are u gonna do after flying?

Well, to begin with, what you are going to do after flying depends on your strengths. There are always opportunities out there, and if you are good enough to link up your experience in SIA to the job that you want to work in, this experience will definitely help you.

I've seen people whom after leaving SIA working in HR firm, recruitment firms, sales related industry. It is never really about the kind of work you do, it is about how you are able to link your past experience and position yourself to your future employer.

If you think being a stewardess is just a pretty face, or high-class waitress, then perhaps you do not understand this industry well enough. By the way, there are people who worked many years in the industry and they earn enough to set up their own business. So really, there's lots of way out unless you have already set your mind that there isn't. :)
And so my journey begins... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 6:33 pm

zetpeh wrote:hmmm... a question for all those who just got in recently... any of you have F & B experiences?In management position or crew level?
Wah zet so long never see you online! Btw I've none of the experience in F&B or customer service, like they said, its an advantage, not a pre-requisite. Did you go for the walk-in today? :)

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 6:33 pm

iwannefly wrote:
akiheartfelt wrote:
iwannefly wrote: that's why i was debating whether i should try again in one or two month later.. oso becuz i read baout the gal who got ban but she went ahead and passed... =/

Dilemma...
I think can try but be mentally prepared to get rejected cos of the ban... and bring all your lucky charms along! hee

This question I also don't knowhow to answer you :???:
The word BAN simply means BAN, there is no other meaning to it.
If you try might get through if they overlook, else you get blacklisted....
Try this, if you get ban for driving for 3 months will you still want to drive during this 3 months. There are people who tried and nothing happen and there are also those who tried and get caught. The decision is up to you only and nobody can help you because they are not the one to face the consequences of the outcome.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 6:35 pm

xanngac wrote:
i was likeall you gals before constantly trying for every interview but i can truthfull say i have given up because i felt being a SIA stewardess is not realistic at all.. cos what are u gonna do after flying?

Well, to begin with, what you are going to do after flying depends on your strengths. There are always opportunities out there, and if you are good enough to link up your experience in SIA to the job that you want to work in, this experience will definitely help you.

I've seen people whom after leaving SIA working in HR firm, recruitment firms, sales related industry. It is never really about the kind of work you do, it is about how you are able to link your past experience and position yourself to your future employer.

If you think being a stewardess is just a pretty face, or high-class waitress, then perhaps you do not understand this industry well enough. By the way, there are people who worked many years in the industry and they earn enough to set up their own business. So really, there's lots of way out unless you have already set your mind that there isn't. :)
There are many who married to rich man found on board too :twisted:

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Re: heyy

Post by xanngac » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 6:37 pm

blackpolitics wrote:pleasure to be here, been hearing about this forum and its really updated. erhhh so did anyone got in todae from here?

i need to enquire on something. 30th Jan i need to report at the HR interview Room at SIA Training Centre. May i know what is the attire? reason why i asked this is because im still serving my national service. so can i go casual or? tues i will still be out on the field man. sigh.

what does Certificate of Service (NS)( only for FS candidates), what is FS?

Appreciates if anyone could give me an answer? Thanks.
What is your purpose of going to the HR interview room. To sign the bond or to go for mgmt interview??

If you are going for mgmt interview, obviously you want to leave a good impression by dressing in formal attire, i.e shirt and pants, if you want, add a tie, but that one up to individual lah. If not you just might risk being booted out cause interviewers might find that you did not respect this interview process enough.

If you are there to sign bond, it would still be a good idea to dress smart casual, cause you never know who's looking at you. A little respect for your future employer will be good. :)

Hope this helps.

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 6:41 pm

iwannefly wrote:if my ban is 3 months... can i try out earlier?? like 1 month later or 2 month later?? or muz i wait for exact 3 months?

Anyone can help me ans this.. ??

Abercrombie can u help me ans this ?? hee
Better play safe, they ask you to wait 3mths you wait 3mths. If not later they pull out your record, they also can ask you to come back next time.

And that might leave a bad impression la, cause they might perceive you to be someone who don't listen... Its heng suay thing, some people manage to get lucky, but honestly, how many people are really that lucky?

Think through properly first ya babe. :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 6:42 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:frustrated? haha.. i tot just for fun..

anyway.. yea.. for those who failed no worries, i guess we'll meet someday in STC!

hopefully i'll be able to see joyce who passed the managment round today in training! i'll have malaysian company!

raine.. cant wait for my training to start man.. wonder how is ashton, the guy who passed the management round with us on 8th jan.. =)
Hey whats wrong with the Singaporean company?? Are you going to form clicks starting from training and continue doing that when you fly ?? [-X Maybe you will be in the Indian Fss batches :-|
Yea that's this batch with almost half of them from India... Really heng suay one.

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 6:44 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
xanngac wrote:

There are many who married to rich man found on board too :twisted:
Hahaha yea that's one of the options too. Whatever that rocks your boat! ;)

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 6:49 pm

xanngac wrote:
iwannefly wrote:if my ban is 3 months... can i try out earlier?? like 1 month later or 2 month later?? or muz i wait for exact 3 months?

Anyone can help me ans this.. ??

Abercrombie can u help me ans this ?? hee
Better play safe, they ask you to wait 3mths you wait 3mths. If not later they pull out your record, they also can ask you to come back next time.

And that might leave a bad impression la, cause they might perceive you to be someone who don't listen... Its heng suay thing, some people manage to get lucky, but honestly, how many people are really that lucky?

Think through properly first ya babe. :)
haha heng suay... If i were you i would wait... cos there's a reason why they impose a ban ya...

blackpolitics

Post by blackpolitics » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 6:58 pm

xanngac wrote:
blackpolitics wrote:pleasure to be here, been hearing about this forum and its really updated. erhhh so did anyone got in todae from here?

i need to enquire on something. 30th Jan i need to report at the HR interview Room at SIA Training Centre. May i know what is the attire? reason why i asked this is because im still serving my national service. so can i go casual or? tues i will still be out on the field man. sigh.

What is your purpose of going to the HR interview room. To sign the bond or to go for mgmt interview??

If you are going for mgmt interview, obviously you want to leave a good impression by dressing in formal attire, i.e shirt and pants, if you want, add a tie, but that one up to individual lah. If not you just might risk being booted out cause interviewers might find that you did not respect this interview process enough.

If you are there to sign bond, it would still be a good idea to dress smart casual, cause you never know who's looking at you. A little respect for your future employer will be good. :)

Hope this helps.
hey xanngac,
im one of those lucky ones that manage to clear all rounds today. so im like those selected lah. i also got the form to go for medical examination and XRAY but those forms that they gave us ask us to report at HR interview room. its the pre employment briefing.. so im like kinda lost; what should i wear?
because i will be back in camp tonight. and sad to say, tues igot a field camp. im kinda worried it finished late.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:08 pm

blackpolitics wrote:
xanngac wrote:

Hope this helps.
hey xanngac,
im one of those lucky ones that manage to clear all rounds today. so im like those selected lah. i also got the form to go for medical examination and XRAY but those forms that they gave us ask us to report at HR interview room. its the pre employment briefing.. so im like kinda lost; what should i wear?
because i will be back in camp tonight. and sad to say, tues igot a field camp. im kinda worried it finished late.
Always go with a long sleeve shirt with pants and leather shoe. Bring a tie just in case everyone there put on tie then you can put it on. You are never wrong to overdress but underdress really kills you :wink:

blackpolitics

Post by blackpolitics » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:13 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
blackpolitics wrote:
xanngac wrote: What is your purpose of going to the HR interview room. To sign the bond or to go for mgmt interview??

Hope this helps.
hey xanngac,
Always go with a long sleeve shirt with pants and leather shoe. Bring a tie just in case everyone there put on tie then you can put it on. You are never wrong to overdress but underdress really kills you :wink:
thanks aber. btw, so what do we do at the Pre employment briefing? i ORD june7 so whats gonna happen next? im gonna take my x ray on fri most prob. the receptionist lady told me its no rush for me since im still working personnel.

crystalheart

Post by crystalheart » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:21 pm

if i were an interviewer i would be impressed with a guy wearing a jacket or at least a long sleeve shirt with a matching tie. 8-)

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:22 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
akiheartfelt wrote: I think can try but be mentally prepared to get rejected cos of the ban... and bring all your lucky charms along! hee

This question I also don't knowhow to answer you :???:
The word BAN simply means BAN, there is no other meaning to it.
If you try might get through if they overlook, else you get blacklisted....
Try this, if you get ban for driving for 3 months will you still want to drive during this 3 months. There are people who tried and nothing happen and there are also those who tried and get caught. The decision is up to you only and nobody can help you because they are not the one to face the consequences of the outcome.
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward