Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:00 am

hmm alright den i'll sign on every single page! hahaha thanks abercrombie.
the world at your doorstep.

kathy1314
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby kathy1314 » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:04 am

Hi everyone is 23 yrs old too old to become a cabin crew?Thanks!

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:10 am

kathy1314 wrote:Hi everyone is 23 yrs old too old to become a cabin crew?Thanks!

Wah if 23 yrs old is too old then all those who join at at 24yrs old are all Old Uncle and Aunty liao :P To answer your question if you are a girl at 23, fly for 5 years, you are only 28yrs old !! You can then go and get married and have babies or find a new job. For a guy same thing, at 28yrs old there is still plenty of job waiting for you outside. Don't really get what is your worries, SQ take in girls at 29-30yrs old too. :roll:

Valentin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 15 Jan 2008

Postby Valentin » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:51 am

Dear fellow forumers, thanks to all those who replied to my concerns. However, let me explain alittle...i've been reading this forum since Venie went for an X-ray and there were alot of people anxious about getting a confirmation call from SIA..

I did my fair share of research too. However, i must confess that the research done by some is way more than what i did. If all those who feel that reading up on all the past forum posts would give you an edge..i must say don't feel shy about asking something of concern which u are in doubt even though there may be past post regarding it.

As for the accomodation concern itself and the replies i got, i must say that for some, in regards to all the research done, they still do not know what exactly would they be facing..

My concern in asking these questions is that i want to get some reaffirmation before signing as it might deprive the chance of another who love the cabin crew life much more...

My opinion is consider carefully before signing. Yes, it a dream job but sometimes commitments conflit with what we want. From what i've read so far, i get a feel that most people try so hard to become a cabin crew for the perks the job offers rather than the passion for the job itself.I take my job seriously and the perks a just a bonus. i urge those who like this job for the perks only and claim that they love this job very much and sign pls do consider your decision carefully as you might be depriving someone else of this golden oppturnity...

Venie, thanks for your reply and agreeing with Chanyl but let me remind you that there was a time in this same forum..you were asking alot of basic questions too...

I urge all newbies to ask what you must and speak freely. As for the old birds pls be patient with us. The whole point in asking is not only knowing whats the latest news but also to make new friends who would be our collegues too.

Aplogies for the super long mail and i would like to thank all for their kind replies to my concern. Let me end with a note that reading up on this forum and doing tons of research alone doesn't make a success out of a cabin crew interview, but knowing the right thins about the job and being sincere about who u really are.

Thanks.

User avatar
paperclip
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed, 09 Jan 2008
Location: girl in the gardens, west

Postby paperclip » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 6:21 am

Abercrombie wrote:
kathy1314 wrote:Hi everyone is 23 yrs old too old to become a cabin crew?Thanks!

Wah if 23 yrs old is too old then all those who join at at 24yrs old are all Old Uncle and Aunty liao :P To answer your question if you are a girl at 23, fly for 5 years, you are only 28yrs old !! You can then go and get married and have babies or find a new job. For a guy same thing, at 28yrs old there is still plenty of job waiting for you outside. Don't really get what is your worries, SQ take in girls at 29-30yrs old too. :roll:


do you know for sure that SIA'll take in girls at 30? I'm thinking of trying again...Wahhh sibeh auntie liao. :lol:

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:28 am

paperclip wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
kathy1314 wrote:Hi everyone is 23 yrs old too old to become a cabin crew?Thanks!

Wah if 23 yrs old is too old then all those who join at at 24yrs old are all Old Uncle and Aunty liao :P To answer your question if you are a girl at 23, fly for 5 years, you are only 28yrs old !! You can then go and get married and have babies or find a new job. For a guy same thing, at 28yrs old there is still plenty of job waiting for you outside. Don't really get what is your worries, SQ take in girls at 29-30yrs old too. :roll:


do you know for sure that SIA'll take in girls at 30? I'm thinking of trying again...Wahhh sibeh auntie liao. :lol:


hmm. i'm seriously not sure coz i think its up to whether how u proptray yourself and stuff like tat? if u're 30 and look like 23, well of coz u stand a much higher chance. i do know a few girls who got in at about 27. as for 30.. i guess u can try but must be prepared for the worse bah?
good luck!
the world at your doorstep.

User avatar
Acorna
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Acorna » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:41 pm

akiheartfelt wrote:
serray wrote:hihi... will we be wearing our own shoes or will we be asked to wear the slippers during the kebaya fitting round?

i'm asking because a few of my toenails came off because of running. argh~ yucks!! so if they'll b checking the feet, i'll definitely have to stick some fake nails on it. abit yucks lah cos i'll b sticking it on the raw nailbed. :lol:

please give me some advice okie?? thanks thanks thanks!!!

27th~ nervous! haha


i do hope they won't check the feet area cos i have more spots there haha...

btw i came across this site which some of you might be interested to take a look at

http://www.uniformfreak.com/

Set up by a steward who has a freaky hobby of collecting cabin crew uniforms hahaha...



WOwW, this is cool. being able to see all kinds of airline uniforms! I really wonder how he goes around collecting them. haha! thks for sharing anyway akiheartfelt

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue, 15 Aug 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: Erm regarding this sunday interview....

Postby zandlelightz » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 1:15 pm

RoyWu22 wrote:Hi, i'm new to this forum, erm wat i wan to knw is i'm a guy, and for this sunday walk-in, must i wear formal or i can wear casual for the walk in?



Hi roywu22

You should wear pants, a nice shirt and a simple tie. All must be iron. And not to forget a nice black leather shoe. Look presentable and be yourself. I when to follow my friend for the interview last december and i was shocked as some guys came wearing snowcaps and jeans and they got booted. i remember seeing alot of goodlooking guys who came but was boot and this fat guy when through to round 2. So just be yourself and it will be alright. Thanks

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby yingying2888 » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 1:22 pm

good good good luck to all going for the walk in tmr!

cya guys on board! hahaha...
the world at your doorstep

Hikari82
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 18 Jan 2008

Postby Hikari82 » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 1:51 pm

Wish all who went tomolo good luck!! Zandlelight good advice... wil take note. HMmm if i manage to squeeze in then i go for the gathering at on the 2nd/3rd feb.. if cant.... better dont go.... make myself sad... lol. :?

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue, 15 Aug 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby zandlelightz » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 1:58 pm

Hikari82 wrote:Wish all who went tomolo good luck!! Zandlelight good advice... wil take note. HMmm if i manage to squeeze in then i go for the gathering at on the 2nd/3rd feb.. if cant.... better dont go.... make myself sad... lol. :?



Thanks. i am just helping. Haha. I am also going for fun. I don't think i will get in. Hahah. But i wish you and everyone else luck. Cool.

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue, 15 Aug 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: Erm regarding this sunday interview....

Postby zandlelightz » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 2:00 pm

zandlelightz wrote:
RoyWu22 wrote:Hi, i'm new to this forum, erm wat i wan to knw is i'm a guy, and for this sunday walk-in, must i wear formal or i can wear casual for the walk in?



Hi roywu22

You should wear pants, a nice shirt and a simple tie. All must be iron. And not to forget a nice black leather shoe. Look presentable and be yourself. I when to follow my friend for the interview last december and i was shocked as some guys came wearing snowcaps and jeans and they got booted. i remember seeing alot of goodlooking guys who came but was boot and this fat guy when through to round 2. So just be yourself and it will be alright. Thanks




To everyone else who is going as well. Here is a tip. Be nice to everyone you meet as SIA has put some hidden judges in the crowd as well. . Yup. The cleaner might even be disguise as a judge. Haha

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu, 20 Dec 2007

Postby hafiz_ » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 2:28 pm

Hikari82 wrote:Wish all who went tomolo good luck!! Zandlelight good advice... wil take note. HMmm if i manage to squeeze in then i go for the gathering at on the 2nd/3rd feb.. if cant.... better dont go.... make myself sad... lol. :?


hey, dont think like that! the forum's open to all, not just those who are already training or flying. i, for one, am waiting for my ban to be over before i'm allowed to try again. so, come! :)

jlkm2005
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat, 29 Dec 2007

Postby jlkm2005 » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 2:35 pm

for the gathering...i prefer sat coz going back to kl on sun :(

Hikari82
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 18 Jan 2008

Postby Hikari82 » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 3:22 pm

Hafiz.. i tot some say theres no ban regarding the interview? why not u joni me go for it tomolo? Right now i am facing difficulties of getting a full length photo for tomolo... do they have any photographer over at there?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests