Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Colleen

Silkair Interview

Postby Colleen » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:41 pm

Tori,

Thx 4 ur info.. I'll try my best the next time.. :)

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:18 pm

Hi

Just want to ask if SIA accept late application?

The closing date for the current recruitment of flight stewardess is on 18th Jun but I only manage to send me application on the 20th Jun. Is it too late?

goh

confidence

Postby goh » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:00 am

rpammi wrote:
goh wrote:
rpammi wrote:Any gals out there ,,who is 28 or 29,,has just applied or recently applied for SQ , or Jetstar Asia...but jetstar .only we will know end of June ,,so Gd Luck to all of u !!!! any married lady out there who applied ?
Ya, i did apply and sooo worry of my age that make the rejection. Really hope to get through as no longer eligible if too old. U also 28? :wink:


yeah i applied ,,its ok ,,they dunt call also nvr mind ,,but i also tried jetstar and silkair...


But i really do hope they gv me a chance to being select as since have the courage to apply, of course hope and pray hard to be selected. I also sent silkair, but do you know is the training period the same as SQ?They didnt state in the web page.

goh

Re: 28

Postby goh » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:10 am

Anonymous wrote:
goh wrote:
rpammi wrote:Any gals out there ,,who is 28 or 29,,has just applied or recently applied for SQ , or Jetstar Asia...but jetstar .only we will know end of June ,,so Gd Luck to all of u !!!! any married lady out there who applied ?
Ya, i did apply and sooo worry of my age that make the rejection. Really hope to get through as no longer eligible if too old. U also 28? :wink:


Hi... Im 28 years old...Still keeping my dream alive :wink:


Ya. dream for quite some time so is really time for us to pray hard after the submition of our application. so did you put your pream to reality already?r u already an air stewardess? :wink:

purplee

Postby purplee » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 1:29 am

hi guest, im not sure abt the baggage compartment thingy.. I juz got in and my training is going to start next mth.. Sorry i cant help you with your queries..

weeleng

Postby weeleng » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 3:18 am

Anonymous wrote:
jll wrote:
minty wrote:thanks for your advice jll, i guess ii have to keep trying or i'll never know. oops i think the pictures could not be posted here. Are you an air stewardess too? Oh, do you mind trying to post hte pictures here agaiin? Thanks


hi minty,

here is the link to the photos of SIA stewardess.

http://photos.yahoo.com/woohoo123123123

these are the looks that SIA employ. just an example. SIA have a mixture of average-looking girls and pretty looking girls. and mixtures of slim girls and big-size girls. and girls who are age young, like 20 to older age, like 28

so, it depends on the company when and what kind of girls they want. so just keep applying, who knows, u might be the one they are looking for in one of their recruitment.

all the best! =)


yup, i agreed. SIA have different types of stewardess, pretty, average, slim, big-boned, newbies age 20 and newbies age 28,29.

so, let just give it a shot each time the recruitment exercise is out, who knows, we might just fit into one of their recruitement.

Guest

Postby Guest » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:06 am

purplee wrote:hi guest, im not sure abt the baggage compartment thingy.. I juz got in and my training is going to start next mth.. Sorry i cant help you with your queries..

Hi Purplee,
Are there alot of tall gals in your batch? Or are they about the same height as you?

KittyKat

Re: emirates

Postby KittyKat » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:07 am

wannabee wrote:
Guest Star wrote:
wannabee wrote:
Anonymous wrote:does anyone one how the emirates conduct the interview.. plzz share with us.. plzz.. thx


i went for the emirates interview. was kicked out on the first round. i believe due to my acne scars. they arent as anal as SQ where height is concerned. i am 156cm but they didnt ask me to leave but gave me a chance to go for the first round. i was also asked to reach for the 212cm marking on tiptoes which isn't that very difficult really, u just need to stretch. during the first round a group of 10 of us were asked to sit in a circle. the interviewer gave us a topic to discuss. i was surprised that some of the girls in the group didnt even take the initiative to open their mouths. 3 were selected out of the group. i heard the other rounds r pretty similar to the first one. i'm gg for laser treatment for my acne scars n will try again in the future shld they conduct a recruitment again.



Hi with regards to the acne scars and that you're going for laser tmt to remove them. are your scars that bad? I've bump into one SQ girl yest and noticed her complexion is troubled. guess she got the problem after joining SIA..


the scars r visible. holes on the cheeks. though my acne days r long gone, the scars r there. results frm the laser treatment is gradual since i'm still undergoing the treatment - it takes time u see. i'm optimistic that the scars will be reduced soon n with gd foundation, hopefully they r not obvious the next time i go for an interview. i guess u need to be in a tip-top condition during the interview. the other day, at the airport, i actually saw this sq cabincrew with horrible huge zits on her back but i reckon she only had a breakout after joining sq. ohwell....

:o)


Hi Wannabee,
Please, pleaseee share with me in detail what was the interview like? I'm goin for their walk-in interview next Sat (they're recruiting in Bali)...and I'm so nervous!!! What kind of questions were asked? Dress code is formal business attire right?

Thanks so much in advance!

GELLY
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu, 12 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: 28

Postby GELLY » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:09 pm

goh wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
goh wrote:
rpammi wrote:Any gals out there ,,who is 28 or 29,,has just applied or recently applied for SQ , or Jetstar Asia...but jetstar .only we will know end of June ,,so Gd Luck to all of u !!!! any married lady out there who applied ?
Ya, i did apply and sooo worry of my age that make the rejection. Really hope to get through as no longer eligible if too old. U also 28? :wink:


Hi... Im 28 years old...Still keeping my dream alive :wink:


Ya. dream for quite some time so is really time for us to pray hard after the submition of our application. so did you put your pream to reality already?r u already an air stewardess? :wink:


Hi...Im gelly, already 28 years old, still keeping my dream alive...Hee...Do you guys want to exchange email add so that we can exchange more info :lol:

goh

Re: 28

Postby goh » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 1:33 pm

GELLY wrote:
goh wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
goh wrote:
rpammi wrote:Any gals out there ,,who is 28 or 29,,has just applied or recently applied for SQ , or Jetstar Asia...but jetstar .only we will know end of June ,,so Gd Luck to all of u !!!! any married lady out there who applied ?
Ya, i did apply and sooo worry of my age that make the rejection. Really hope to get through as no longer eligible if too old. U also 28? :wink:


Hi... Im 28 years old...Still keeping my dream alive :wink:


Ya. dream for quite some time so is really time for us to pray hard after the submition of our application. so did you put your pream to reality already?r u already an air stewardess? :wink:


Hi...Im gelly, already 28 years old, still keeping my dream alive...Hee...Do you guys want to exchange email add so that we can exchange more info :lol:


sure. changlin01@hotmail.com how abt yurs?did u sent in your application for this time round? :wink:

goh

reply

Postby goh » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 1:37 pm

Hi, did anyone received the invitation interview from SQ? Still waiting..... :roll:

Guest

Re: reply

Postby Guest » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 1:50 pm

goh wrote:Hi, did anyone received the invitation interview from SQ? Still waiting..... :roll:

ya i got my. by mail my interview is at 2nd next month.

Tori

Re: reply

Postby Tori » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 1:59 pm

Anonymous wrote:
goh wrote:Hi, did anyone received the invitation interview from SQ? Still waiting..... :roll:

ya i got my. by mail my interview is at 2nd next month.


U just got it?? Btw, did u send in early for ur application?

Cheers,
:)

rpammi

Re: 28

Postby rpammi » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 2:12 pm

GELLY wrote:
goh wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
goh wrote:
rpammi wrote:Any gals out there ,,who is 28 or 29,,has just applied or recently applied for SQ , or Jetstar Asia...but jetstar .only we will know end of June ,,so Gd Luck to all of u !!!! any married lady out there who applied ?
Ya, i did apply and sooo worry of my age that make the rejection. Really hope to get through as no longer eligible if too old. U also 28? :wink:


Hi... Im 28 years old...Still keeping my dream alive :wink:


Ya. dream for quite some time so is really time for us to pray hard after the submition of our application. so did you put your pream to reality already?r u already an air stewardess? :wink:


Hi...Im gelly, already 28 years old, still keeping my dream alive...Hee...Do you guys want to exchange email add so that we can exchange more info :lol:





oh yeah sure.. its rpammi@yahoo.com anyway..Goh.... i m not a n air stewardess..dying to be one lol

goh

Re: reply

Postby goh » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 2:50 pm

Tori wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
goh wrote:Hi, did anyone received the invitation interview from SQ? Still waiting..... :roll:

ya i got my. by mail my interview is at 2nd next month.


U just got it?? Btw, did u send in early for ur application?

Cheers,
:)


Hi, Tori, is not me who got the mail. I also like u, still waiting for the invitation. abit sad that till now still have not received. I think they will start sending soon. So lets pray hards. Hope to c u guys. :wink:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests