Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
yellowpig
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat, 12 Jan 2008
Contact:

Postby yellowpig » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 1:07 am

whaa.. i really noob in this interview thinggg..

anyone going on 27jan also? i heard someone tried 9times and passed! goodness! you have my utmost respect!!!

yellowpig
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat, 12 Jan 2008
Contact:

Postby yellowpig » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 2:23 am

one question people:

what should i bring for the JAN 27 interview ?
i read through and didnt find it anywhere ! can anyone help me in this ?

and if i am wearing braces now, will they still want me ??


THANKYUU! !!

User avatar
Maximus_miranda
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby Maximus_miranda » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 5:39 am

aliciagloria wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:
xanngac wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:1. hafiz_
2. okieping
3. xanngac
4. sokeai
5. rainschocolate
6. rurik0
7. maximus
8. Abercrombie
9. minikk
10. iwannafly
11. angelfrez
12. sheepish
13. snowss
14. aliciagloria
15. pinklittlefigure

i think the venue should be a lil central so it'll be fair for everyone, no?
hmm. i think we should go for any of the 4 (minus bloogie) which can accomodate a table of say 20. which ones can accomodate us ah? haha.


erm, i was kiasu abit. i called swensens vivo and made a reservation for a table of 20. is that okayyyy? if it's not can always cancel. :)


Hey Hafiz thanks, I'm sure you will make it once the ban is lifted, I'm rooting for you all the way! :)

I'm fine with swensens at vivo, they can accomodate 20 of us for sure ya.


yeah. i specially said TWO-ZERO. haha. are the rest fine with swensens vivo? tell me yeah. then i can make changes. :)


Thanks Hafiz for the efficiency! I am fine with swensons vivo...see u all next wed. =) btw, where is our mtg plc? outside swensons? since not everyone taking mrt right...? im taking a bus there frm my workplc.


Hello children! Bad news! I'm afraid I can't join you'll for dinner noh! I just called Mary yesterday and she told me that the bond signing will most probably on the 28th or 29th, so I'll be going for my trip on Tuesday night. Will only be back on the 26th.

Please do have fun ok? If there's ever gonna be another gathering, count me in can! Take care and god bless!

Maximus
www.tiratira.sg
Singapore's first customization online store where the final looks of all our products are designed by the customer! Free shipping worldwide!

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 9:53 am

yellowpig wrote:one question people:

what should i bring for the JAN 27 interview ?
i read through and didnt find it anywhere ! can anyone help me in this ?

and if i am wearing braces now, will they still want me ??


THANKYUU! !!


http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... etails.jsp

instead of asking, i think it would be good that you try to do some research before asking.. many questions have been asked and answered many times.

braces that are visible are not allowed.. depends on when you're removing it and whether they are willing to wait till you removed your braces. if not, they will ask you to come back next time after you have removed it.
Soaring above all

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 9:57 am

Abercrombie wrote:
scopio124 wrote:i am not quite understand about the invited for walk in interview even u din apply thing.

is that mean if SIA if really interested in u, they will actually head hunted u and send u an invitation?

Depend on the circumstances why she fail the last time,maybe its because some issue that is resolve now, so were ask to try again? Example like break out the last time, late available training start date etc


it could be that they trace back to the previous write-in where some ppl are not shortlisted and they invited them to go this time.
Soaring above all

User avatar
lipcolor
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed, 20 Jun 2007

Postby lipcolor » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:06 am

hihi all..~
im fillin up the appl form rite now..~ will be goin on 27th..!! >> my 2nd attempt..~

yea..~ gogogo~*
colorful l!fe..~

Pit Pat Raindrops
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 10 Jan 2008

Postby Pit Pat Raindrops » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:36 am

Hi i will be going for the 27 Jan interview. Hope to get some advice and know some friends from here. :D

Do you all know if SIA takes in big size girls before? :wink:

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu, 20 Dec 2007

Re: Forum gathering! :)

Postby hafiz_ » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 1:19 pm

1. hafiz_
2. okieping
3. xanngac
4. and_drew
5. sokeai
6. rainschocolate
7. rurik0
8. gladys
9. Abercrombie
10. minikk
11. iwannafly
12. angelfrez
13. sheepish
14. snowss
15. isabelle85

anyone i missed out? hmm.

people, we could meet at 7 at harbour front control? so far, i only recognise sokeai, rainschocolate, xanngac, angelfrez and okieping. haha.

ben02
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri, 28 Dec 2007

Postby ben02 » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 1:55 pm

VeniE wrote:
yellowpig wrote:one question people:

what should i bring for the JAN 27 interview ?
i read through and didnt find it anywhere ! can anyone help me in this ?

and if i am wearing braces now, will they still want me ??


THANKYUU! !!


http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... etails.jsp

instead of asking, i think it would be good that you try to do some research before asking.. many questions have been asked and answered many times.

braces that are visible are not allowed.. depends on when you're removing it and whether they are willing to wait till you removed your braces. if not, they will ask you to come back next time after you have removed it.


Ya, thats right.. I personally asked the interviewers during my last interview with them.. They said its not allowed... I was scheduled to fix (my braces) too, but had to put on hold cos of the application .. I guess the company feels its not presentable (which i dun feel so,..) so like wat Venie mentioned, u have to be without braces (while working with them).. so, ya, hope that answers ur query..

User avatar
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat, 06 Jan 2007

Postby xanngac » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 1:56 pm

Maximus_miranda wrote:
aliciagloria wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:
xanngac wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:1. hafiz_
2. okieping
3. xanngac
4. sokeai
5. rainschocolate
6. rurik0
7. maximus
8. Abercrombie
9. minikk
10. iwannafly
11. angelfrez
12. sheepish
13. snowss
14. aliciagloria
15. pinklittlefigure

i think the venue should be a lil central so it'll be fair for everyone, no?
hmm. i think we should go for any of the 4 (minus bloogie) which can accomodate a table of say 20. which ones can accomodate us ah? haha.


erm, i was kiasu abit. i called swensens vivo and made a reservation for a table of 20. is that okayyyy? if it's not can always cancel. :)


Hey Hafiz thanks, I'm sure you will make it once the ban is lifted, I'm rooting for you all the way! :)

I'm fine with swensens at vivo, they can accomodate 20 of us for sure ya.


yeah. i specially said TWO-ZERO. haha. are the rest fine with swensens vivo? tell me yeah. then i can make changes. :)


Thanks Hafiz for the efficiency! I am fine with swensons vivo...see u all next wed. =) btw, where is our mtg plc? outside swensons? since not everyone taking mrt right...? im taking a bus there frm my workplc.


Hello children! Bad news! I'm afraid I can't join you'll for dinner noh! I just called Mary yesterday and she told me that the bond signing will most probably on the 28th or 29th, so I'll be going for my trip on Tuesday night. Will only be back on the 26th.

Please do have fun ok? If there's ever gonna be another gathering, count me in can! Take care and god bless!

Maximus



So sad! :(

Thought can see you, but guess there'll be plenty of chance at STC ya hehe. Enjoy your trip! :)
And so my journey begins... :)

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu, 20 Dec 2007

Re: Forum gathering! :)

Postby aliciagloria » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 2:05 pm

hafiz_ wrote:1. hafiz_
2. okieping
3. xanngac
4. and_drew
5. sokeai
6. rainschocolate
7. rurik0
8. gladys
9. Abercrombie
10. minikk
11. iwannafly
12. angelfrez
13. sheepish
14. snowss
15. isabelle85
16.aliciagloria
17.pinklittlefigure

anyone i missed out? hmm.

people, we could meet at 7 at harbour front control? so far, i only recognise sokeai, rainschocolate, xanngac, angelfrez and okieping. haha.


i've seen rainschocolate b4 only,but duno if i can still recongnise her...haha. Hafiz or xanngac, u guys wana leave down ur contact no. juz in case we cant find one another? or someone is late etc. would be gd!

User avatar
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat, 06 Jan 2007

Re: Forum gathering! :)

Postby xanngac » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 2:07 pm

hafiz_ wrote:1. hafiz_
2. okieping
3. xanngac
4. and_drew
5. sokeai
6. rainschocolate
7. rurik0
8. gladys
9. Abercrombie
10. minikk
11. iwannafly
12. angelfrez
13. sheepish
14. snowss
15. isabelle85

anyone i missed out? hmm.

people, we could meet at 7 at harbour front control? so far, i only recognise sokeai, rainschocolate, xanngac, angelfrez and okieping. haha.



Is Andrew still joining? Thought he wont be back till Wednesday evening. So that means we've by far 14 people. Anymore people interested to join us? :)

I think 7pm at harbour front control is ok for some only, cause some may not have knocked off from work so early to make it on time. For those who can't make it at 7pm, can meet us directly at Swensen's. Hafiz you reserved the place under Hafiz right? Haha its a stupid question lah, but just want to make sure ok. :P

So those who arrive later, just have to ask the waiters/waitresses to lead you to our table.

Can we have a headcount who are those who can make it at Harbour Front station control at 7pm? Cause we don't recognise everyone haha at least must know how many people we're waiting ma.
And so my journey begins... :)

User avatar
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat, 06 Jan 2007

Re: Forum gathering! :)

Postby xanngac » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 2:10 pm

aliciagloria wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:1. hafiz_
2. okieping
3. xanngac
4. and_drew
5. sokeai
6. rainschocolate
7. rurik0
8. gladys
9. Abercrombie
10. minikk
11. iwannafly
12. angelfrez
13. sheepish
14. snowss
15. isabelle85
16.aliciagloria
17.pinklittlefigure

anyone i missed out? hmm.

people, we could meet at 7 at harbour front control? so far, i only recognise sokeai, rainschocolate, xanngac, angelfrez and okieping. haha.


i've seen rainschocolate b4 only,but duno if i can still recongnise her...haha. Hafiz or xanngac, u guys wana leave down ur contact no. juz in case we cant find one another? or someone is late etc. would be gd!


Haha ya did thought of that but erm like that everyone in the forum will have our number sia! :P

Hafiz, we PM them our number instead how about it? :)
And so my journey begins... :)

User avatar
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat, 06 Jan 2007

Re: Forum gathering! :)

Postby xanngac » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 2:16 pm

1. hafiz_
2. okieping
3. xanngac
4. and_drew
5. sokeai
6. rainschocolate
7. rurik0
8. gladys
9. Abercrombie
10. minikk
11. iwannafly
12. angelfrez
13. sheepish
14. snowss
15. isabelle85
16.aliciagloria
17.pinklittlefigure



Ok so far, updated list is 17 people. Meet 7pm at Harbour Front station control. For those who can't make it at 7pm, just meet us directly at Swensen's instead.

Need a headcount of those who can meet at 7pm at Harbour Front station control.
And so my journey begins... :)

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu, 20 Dec 2007

Re: Forum gathering! :)

Postby aliciagloria » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 2:16 pm

xanngac wrote:
aliciagloria wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:1. hafiz_
2. okieping
3. xanngac
4. and_drew
5. sokeai
6. rainschocolate
7. rurik0
8. gladys
9. Abercrombie
10. minikk
11. iwannafly
12. angelfrez
13. sheepish
14. snowss
15. isabelle85
16.aliciagloria
17.pinklittlefigure

anyone i missed out? hmm.

people, we could meet at 7 at harbour front control? so far, i only recognise sokeai, rainschocolate, xanngac, angelfrez and okieping. haha.


i've seen rainschocolate b4 only,but duno if i can still recongnise her...haha. Hafiz or xanngac, u guys wana leave down ur contact no. juz in case we cant find one another? or someone is late etc. would be gd!


Haha ya did thought of that but erm like that everyone in the forum will have our number sia! :P

Hafiz, we PM them our number instead how about it? :)


haha Ya unless u wan Everyone to contact u abt SIA queries, ur hp will become a hotline no. for ppl to call. =p maybe u can start by PM-ing me ur no.? MRT very big, hw to recognise u? wat u gonna wear? hehe.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests