Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
guest~

Re: Silkair 3rd interview

Postby guest~ » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:41 am

Thanks for your reply Silkair crew. Truly appreciate it that you let us know what is in for the 3rd round of interview.

But can I clarify something with u please? Your interview procedure somehow seemed different from what my friend told me as she was selected during the Jan' 05 intake.

She said that during the 3rd round of interview, they were asked to change into Silkair's uniform and at the same time, being checked for visible scars on body and face. Afterwhich, selected candidates would proceed for swimming test in the afternoon.

Therefore, is it that the procedures of the interview is always changing?



Silkair crew wrote:When I had my interview 2 years back, I had a 1 to 6 interview first in a small room, the interviewee asked us different questions, mostly about the company's profile....they want to know how much you know about the company. That includes destinations, history etc.....
then they asked us to wait for a while outside where we had some refreshments, a lady will then call out your name to those who will make it to the swimming test.
During the swimming test, please do not cry or run away when you are told to jump. If you hesitate, you are out even if you manage to jump and swim. Let me warn you that you not only have to jump, you will have to swim across the pool which has artificial sea current.
On ya, one more thing, before you jump, they will ask you to line up according to your no. and ask you to walk a distance one by one for the body check. Basically, they will check your skin on your body, face and any visible obvious scars and tattoos....... uniform covering scar should be ok.
Then after everything.....you will be told to go home and wait for the next letter to the management interview. This would be the worst and scariest, coming to the front and talk, you will be facing the senior managers and interviewees.
Good luck for those going for the interview! Hope to see you in Silkair
BTW, some of the interviewees for the coming interview includes some of our cabin crew and cabin crew supervisors and managers. Good Luck!!

Guest

Postby Guest » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:21 am

hi did anyone got the reply from silkair /sia for the june intake as i sent in mine resume thru the net , and yet to receive any reply is the vacancies for the positions still on??

Guest

Postby Guest » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:45 am

Anonymous wrote:hi did anyone got the reply from silkair /sia for the june intake as i sent in mine resume thru the net , and yet to receive any reply is the vacancies for the positions still on??


Hi, I had recieved email reply from silkair on 14-Jun-2005 that my application is put KIV as interviews are conducting currently. =(

Tori

Finally...

Postby Tori » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:00 pm

Hi there,

Finally, email able to go through!!

:D

guest00

Re: Silkair 3rd interview

Postby guest00 » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 1:04 pm

can i ask, does that mean that we can conceal anything with some makeup for the scar check, since its before the swim? So there will be no more checks after the swimming?
guest~ wrote:Thanks for your reply Silkair crew. Truly appreciate it that you let us know what is in for the 3rd round of interview.

But can I clarify something with u please? Your interview procedure somehow seemed different from what my friend told me as she was selected during the Jan' 05 intake.

She said that during the 3rd round of interview, they were asked to change into Silkair's uniform and at the same time, being checked for visible scars on body and face. Afterwhich, selected candidates would proceed for swimming test in the afternoon.

Therefore, is it that the procedures of the interview is always changing?



Silkair crew wrote:When I had my interview 2 years back, I had a 1 to 6 interview first in a small room, the interviewee asked us different questions, mostly about the company's profile....they want to know how much you know about the company. That includes destinations, history etc.....
then they asked us to wait for a while outside where we had some refreshments, a lady will then call out your name to those who will make it to the swimming test.
During the swimming test, please do not cry or run away when you are told to jump. If you hesitate, you are out even if you manage to jump and swim. Let me warn you that you not only have to jump, you will have to swim across the pool which has artificial sea current.
On ya, one more thing, before you jump, they will ask you to line up according to your no. and ask you to walk a distance one by one for the body check. Basically, they will check your skin on your body, face and any visible obvious scars and tattoos....... uniform covering scar should be ok.
Then after everything.....you will be told to go home and wait for the next letter to the management interview. This would be the worst and scariest, coming to the front and talk, you will be facing the senior managers and interviewees.
Good luck for those going for the interview! Hope to see you in Silkair
BTW, some of the interviewees for the coming interview includes some of our cabin crew and cabin crew supervisors and managers. Good Luck!!

starlets

Re: silkair 3rd interview

Postby starlets » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 3:02 pm

guest~ wrote:if i am not wrong, the letter stated that we'll have to go through a round of interview in the morning and then, swimming test in the AFTERNOON. so i think it is highly possible that only IF we get through the round of interivew in the morning, only then, we would be able to go for the swimming test.

let's just hope for the best since we are already at the 3rd round of interview! =)

starlets wrote:hi girls, i one of your who received e invitation for our 3rd interview. any ideas issit truth tat they will select girls for swimming tests only if u pass e interview in the morning? tat means if we r not selected then they will ask us to leave?


thanks for yor rely. im really very worry coz my friend told me we got to jump from a very high distant.

Guest

Postby Guest » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 3:19 pm

Anonymous wrote:erm..is jetstarasia good?


my bf sis is at jetstarasia. e pay is really darm low. heard from alot of my friends that the company is not very good.

Guest

re: 3rd interviews

Postby Guest » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 5:39 pm

anyone know how high we need to jump into e pool for our 3rd interview???

Guest

Re: Finally...

Postby Guest » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 6:31 pm

Tori wrote:Hi there,

Finally, email able to go through!!

:D


Same here! even manage to send after 5pm! :lol:

Jojo

Postby Jojo » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 6:42 pm

can i wear googles for the swim test or will i be penalise?

thanks

User avatar
Suzycreamcheeze
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed, 11 May 2005

Postby Suzycreamcheeze » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 7:57 pm

i just had to go buy a swimsuit ... hahaha, only gonna wear it once so was lookign for a cheap one.. i realise, swimsuits nowadays are not cheap!

I also wonder what the swim test will be like.. Shldnt be so bad, i guess as long as you can swim, it shld be ok. I hear form my friends that its not hard at all... the jumping part, i have no clue about how thats going to be like.

I think we all shldnt worry so much, otherwise we might pacnick ourselves more. Im trying not to think abt it too much so that the anxiety will not kill me in this process. Haha.

To everyone who is going for the 3rd interview >>> Get all ur stuff prepared and dun worry too much about anything. Do your best and we'll all proabably have to wait a long time again for our interview. LoL

babyshann

Postby babyshann » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 8:34 pm

hahaha Tori you are lucky!!!

I sent my application this morning by Speed Post which cost me 9 bucks haha..

It' really efficient, reached SIA by 6pm...but not as efficient as email!!

HMPH!! GRRRRRRRrrrrr..

Tori

Postby Tori » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:18 pm

babyshann wrote:hahaha Tori you are lucky!!!

I sent my application this morning by Speed Post which cost me 9 bucks haha..

It' really efficient, reached SIA by 6pm...but not as efficient as email!!

HMPH!! GRRRRRRRrrrrr..


No worries, as long as it reach them! Hope we'll be shortlisted for the interview :P

guest~

Re: re: 3rd interviews

Postby guest~ » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:19 pm

Anonymous wrote:anyone know how high we need to jump into e pool for our 3rd interview???


I heard from my silkair gf who is a air-stewardess that it is about 3 storey high. You want the job, you have to jump no matter what. =)

Silkair crew

Re: re: 3rd interviews

Postby Silkair crew » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:58 pm

Anonymous wrote:anyone know how high we need to jump into e pool for our 3rd interview???

Yes you have to jump from a mock up plane to the pool about 2 - 3m deep. But you will be wearing life jacket and you will float back to the water surface within few seconds. Its not at all scary. Just ask yourself, do you want the job? If so, just jump!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests