Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
flyme2themoon
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu, 13 Dec 2007
Location: SG

Postby flyme2themoon » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 5:07 pm

VeniE wrote:
flyme2themoon wrote:Does anyone know how many people there are going to be in 1 batch?


abt 15 to 20 ppl ba...


Wah, then quite small classes right.. means a few batches can be running at the same time lo... 1.5 more boring days in office... :D

minikk
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun, 06 Jan 2008

Postby minikk » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 5:25 pm

xanngac wrote:
minikk wrote:i'm starting 25th with okieping...xanngac hang in there....

i wan2 see u in our 25th batch also!!!


Yah I also want to start with you all... We're supposed to start the mkt in class leh...

Tmr morning going to call the clinic to double check that they've already sent my report over... Anyone in my kind of situation before, put immediate for availability and end up not getting a reply when the rest already got theirs? :(


let us know the moment u have any updates ok

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 5:50 pm

To add on, besides the checks mention by raine, they also check the following:

Eyes (use touch light to shine through)
Flat foot
Abdomen area
Lower private area
Urine Test

That't about it. Now have to wait for medical already but my avaliability is like so far away ard may - june, anyone got/heard of such situation? how long did you wait for them to call you? Thanks ;p
Hello there!

be1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon, 07 Jan 2008
Location: singapore

Postby be1 » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 6:09 pm

angelfrez Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:20 pm Post subject: Re: waiting for call for mgmt interview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

be1 wrote:
hi angelfrez, im still waiting for the call to go for the mgmt interview too!!! everyday im so attached to my hp and they actually emailed me and told me to wait and very soon they will call us!


wah, at least they email u!
i din receive their email at all!


Hi angelfrez, i emailed to enquire bout it and thats why she replied me ... i supposed they are busy right now and will arrange a date for the mgmt interview soon.. lets wait for their calls together!

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby yingying2888 » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 6:14 pm

iwannefly wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:i passed.. i tot my mgmt round was easier than the 1-1, at least i didnt get bombarded..

i can only remember the following question
- why didnt you work in your course of study, but chose to serve
- what influenced me to be a singapore girl
- was i selected to be a VIP server in my hotel

after which i just keep tokin and tokin.. so in total she just asked like 3 or 4 questions which i just elaborated alot. if you have experience in FnB and cust svc, most likely they'll only emphasise on cust svc questions instead of personality, background, family and personality.

rainschocolate and me got the least questions i tink, from panel 1. at least we didnt get scenario based, adaptability questions etc.

overall, i tink most importantly is being natural and relaxed. i was there early and by the time it was my turn i was relaxed oredi. i even spoke lehs and las n singlish to the panel.

i completed my interview, but they asked me in again. apparently one of my tooth was grown inside, and it looked like a bo gay, so they suggested me to correct it, so that my image will improve. they were really nice so i tink its the confidence and how natural you are.

i passed and congrats to all who passed too! we will get through the medical check up! =)

for all hopefuls, wishing you guys the best of luck! keep trying till you get in!



Congrats Ying ying... You made it all the way =D

Wonder when will be my turn ?? haiz... hopefully 27th Jan ^^


thanks li'e! my luck will be with you all the way man! :wink:

angelfrez
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby angelfrez » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 6:25 pm

be1 wrote:angelfrez Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:20 pm Post subject: Re: waiting for call for mgmt interview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

be1 wrote:
hi angelfrez, im still waiting for the call to go for the mgmt interview too!!! everyday im so attached to my hp and they actually emailed me and told me to wait and very soon they will call us!


wah, at least they email u!
i din receive their email at all!


Hi angelfrez, i emailed to enquire bout it and thats why she replied me ... i supposed they are busy right now and will arrange a date for the mgmt interview soon.. lets wait for their calls together!


yea! sure!
do update me here if they contact u or anything!

And_drew
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu, 27 Dec 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby And_drew » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 7:45 pm

xanngac wrote:
minikk wrote:i'm starting 25th with okieping...xanngac hang in there....

i wan2 see u in our 25th batch also!!!


Yah I also want to start with you all... We're supposed to start the mkt in class leh...

Tmr morning going to call the clinic to double check that they've already sent my report over... Anyone in my kind of situation before, put immediate for availability and end up not getting a reply when the rest already got theirs? :(


Xanngac, im sure they will call you soon. Maybe for immediate availability is not so urgent as u do not need to serve notice period so they prioritize in such a way?

pseudonymace
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 08 Jan 2008

Postby pseudonymace » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 7:47 pm

Hello. I wanna ask if anyone who went for the write-in interviews on January 3rd got called up for the management interview yet? Cos I went, I got through, wrote my contact details down on a form and they said they will contact me to let me know the date and time for the management interview. But I haven't received any email or call yet. So if there is anyone around who have been called up for the management interview from January 3rd, especially guys, do let me know. Much appreciated.

And_drew
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu, 27 Dec 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: yayness

Postby And_drew » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 7:48 pm

stormlyn wrote:
rolly-polly wrote:
And_drew wrote:
xanngac wrote:
And_drew wrote:Yeah, Xanngac...hope that if clinic doesnt call everything should be fine.. i tried asking them and they said same thing too. Venie got call for 2nd Xray but i did not....worst case is they send direct to SIA and reject letter on my way..haha!


Never call you back for 2nd x-ray should be safe already ba. :)

I should think it is because SIA needs some time to check the availability and reports of each individuals before calling anyone so perhaps that's the reason for the delay.

Its already 1pm, no news yet. I guess we should not be expecting to hear from them today again... I dread this waiting process, but what to do. :-|


Me and Okieping got the call le!! im starting on 22 Jan and she is 25 Jan
Any batch mates? :D


Ill be starting on the 22nd too!!! :-) Mary called me at around 11 sumting.


Me. Me.. I'll be starting on 22nd too.. Finally have waited to see so many batch mate :wink:


Cool, so rollypolly and stormlyn..both of u girls right

angelfrez
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby angelfrez » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 7:56 pm

pseudonymace wrote:Hello. I wanna ask if anyone who went for the write-in interviews on January 3rd got called up for the management interview yet? Cos I went, I got through, wrote my contact details down on a form and they said they will contact me to let me know the date and time for the management interview. But I haven't received any email or call yet. So if there is anyone around who have been called up for the management interview from January 3rd, especially guys, do let me know. Much appreciated.


be1 and me are from the 3rd jan batch too.
we are also still waiting for their call.
but we are girls.

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 8:09 pm

angelfrez wrote:
pseudonymace wrote:Hello. I wanna ask if anyone who went for the write-in interviews on January 3rd got called up for the management interview yet? Cos I went, I got through, wrote my contact details down on a form and they said they will contact me to let me know the date and time for the management interview. But I haven't received any email or call yet. So if there is anyone around who have been called up for the management interview from January 3rd, especially guys, do let me know. Much appreciated.


be1 and me are from the 3rd jan batch too.
we are also still waiting for their call.
but we are girls.



hmmm ytd was my management and i met a few people from 3rdJan batch. yingying and ashton(guy) went down fo management ytd alr.

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby yingying2888 » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 8:33 pm

i have a question! for those who has got the go ahead to sign the contract, how long did you guys wait for the medical results to be out and SIA to contact you? thanks in advance.. =)

angelfrez
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby angelfrez » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 8:33 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
angelfrez wrote:
pseudonymace wrote:Hello. I wanna ask if anyone who went for the write-in interviews on January 3rd got called up for the management interview yet? Cos I went, I got through, wrote my contact details down on a form and they said they will contact me to let me know the date and time for the management interview. But I haven't received any email or call yet. So if there is anyone around who have been called up for the management interview from January 3rd, especially guys, do let me know. Much appreciated.


be1 and me are from the 3rd jan batch too.
we are also still waiting for their call.
but we are girls.



hmmm ytd was my management and i met a few people from 3rdJan batch. yingying and ashton(guy) went down fo management ytd alr.


yeap.
be1 emailed them and was told that our mgmt interview will be next week.
i guess ytd mgmt interview is full alr, so we are scheduled to the next.

be1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon, 07 Jan 2008
Location: singapore

Postby be1 » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 9:35 pm

angelfrez wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
angelfrez wrote:
pseudonymace wrote:Hello. I wanna ask if anyone who went for the write-in interviews on January 3rd got called up for the management interview yet? Cos I went, I got through, wrote my contact details down on a form and they said they will contact me to let me know the date and time for the management interview. But I haven't received any email or call yet. So if there is anyone around who have been called up for the management interview from January 3rd, especially guys, do let me know. Much appreciated.


be1 and me are from the 3rd jan batch too.
we are also still waiting for their call.
but we are girls.



hmmm ytd was my management and i met a few people from 3rdJan batch. yingying and ashton(guy) went down fo management ytd alr.


yeap.
be1 emailed them and was told that our mgmt interview will be next week.
i guess ytd mgmt interview is full alr, so we are scheduled to the next.


hmm seems like a few of us are waiting for them to get back to us! i supposed its next week lah but the email stated they will contact us very soon... the waiting process is terrible!

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu, 20 Dec 2007

Postby hafiz_ » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 9:56 pm

let's all meet up for dinner soon! what say you guys? okieping, organiser please. :wink:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest