Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 5:37 pm

pseudonymace wrote:K...I am extremely new to this but just like many of you...i too am a hopeful for the much coveted title of "SIA Cabin Crew". I was one of those who went for the write-in on January 3rd at SIA training centre. I passed those rounds and am now waiting for the Management round. But that aside, what is this medical thing all about? I am totally lost about that. When are you supposed to go for that? Is it for the males also or only the females. I'd be very appreciative if someone...just anyone...could enlighten me on this. Thank you!!!! :)


is like an employement medical checkup..

very similar to those medical checkup you need to do before a company will employ you..

basically is to ensure that you're fit to work.
Soaring above all

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 5:37 pm

Nope, i'm left with my last yr so i'll change it to part time basis hee

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 5:38 pm

Sokeai wrote:Hehe thanks so much Venie!

I can't believe it, only left medical and i'll be able to start training! I am so excited, can't wait >.<

Have not done medical cause we finished not long ago and the clinic closes at 3pm. So we will be going down tomorrow to do our medical.


keke.. yeah!!! we all gonna fly soon!!! hehe...

anyway CONGRATS.. you're just a small small little tiny step away from ya flying dream!!!
Soaring above all

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 5:43 pm

VeniE wrote:
Sokeai wrote:Hehe thanks so much Venie!

I can't believe it, only left medical and i'll be able to start training! I am so excited, can't wait >.<

Have not done medical cause we finished not long ago and the clinic closes at 3pm. So we will be going down tomorrow to do our medical.


keke.. yeah!!! we all gonna fly soon!!! hehe...

anyway CONGRATS.. you're just a small small little tiny step away from ya flying dream!!!


Thanks once again Venie, i can only start after exams which is ard may-june (same as hafiz situation) Pray that Hafiz will pass after his banned!

Think i cannot sleep tonight :shock:

User avatar
Maximus_miranda
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby Maximus_miranda » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 5:59 pm

snowss wrote:Any idea if one have only 2 credits in her o level but later get a pte dip frm mdis(business management) is eligible or not??

Or die-die must have 5 credits??


You will be eligible once you graduate with a private diploma from MDIS. Similar situation for me. Cheers!

Maximus
www.tiratira.sg
Singapore's first customization online store where the final looks of all our products are designed by the customer! Free shipping worldwide!

iwannefly
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007

Postby iwannefly » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 6:25 pm

Congrats to those who passed their management today.. ^^ Hopefully i can share my good news with all of u soon too ...

downtown
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby downtown » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 7:08 pm

crystalheart wrote: Do u know how many out there couldn't even pass the 1st rd interview?


i know it very clear :cry:

one thing...i hate wasting my time and transport fee if i can't get the job

Akire
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Akire » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 7:22 pm

Congraz to those whom make it today! So so envy of your. Hmmm when will it be my turn????? Sigh.............

But still happy for your :D !!!

User avatar
crystalheart
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby crystalheart » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 7:43 pm

downtown wrote:
crystalheart wrote: Do u know how many out there couldn't even pass the 1st rd interview?


i know it very clear :cry:

one thing...i hate wasting my time and transport fee if i can't get the job


U are so miserly,talking about time and transport and comparing to your desire to be a fss....like that u will never succeed in life...wake up gal!!

User avatar
crystalheart
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby crystalheart » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 7:50 pm

This is from a cbox put in by a jubliant successful mngt rd candidate (8 jan ) thanking her mentor who had helped her:

SStan: Congrats Flan! Didn't I tell u wuld pass the final rd.Remember I had conducted this type of interview at least 100 xs.I will call you
8 Jan 08, 17:32

flan: Those out there who are really keen on the job should consider seeking advices from Mr Tan, he had really helped me alot and boost my confidence after talking to him. It really helps
8 Jan 08, 17:21

flan: Mr Tan, i passed my mgmt round today! only left medical to go. I tried calling you but can't get through. Thank you so much for helping me out! I'm so happy now;)
Her mentor's blog is at http://excce.blogspot.com
Last edited by crystalheart on Tue, 08 Jan 2008 7:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 7:56 pm

i passed the management interview today!!

thank all of u so much for all your well wishes. =D

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007

Postby pinklittlefigure » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 8:25 pm

Anyone here going to give Mr SS Tan basic interview course?

If you do, PM me as I'm interested :D

angelfrez
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby angelfrez » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 8:40 pm

Sokeai wrote:
VeniE wrote:
Sokeai wrote:Hehe thanks so much Venie!

I can't believe it, only left medical and i'll be able to start training! I am so excited, can't wait >.<

Have not done medical cause we finished not long ago and the clinic closes at 3pm. So we will be going down tomorrow to do our medical.


keke.. yeah!!! we all gonna fly soon!!! hehe...

anyway CONGRATS.. you're just a small small little tiny step away from ya flying dream!!!


Thanks once again Venie, i can only start after exams which is ard may-june (same as hafiz situation) Pray that Hafiz will pass after his banned!

Think i cannot sleep tonight :shock:


guess u are studying uol too right?
me too.
so if they select me, i can only start in june too.

soggy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue, 08 Jan 2008

Postby soggy » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 8:58 pm

Greetings everyone. I'm new to this forum and I have been following this particular thread rather closely, so much so that I have almost read the entire thread. I have dreamt of being a flight steward since I was young but thinking that I look like the average joe, I already lost half the battle. However, my dad told me about the up-coming walk-in on the 27th of January and I feel that this coincidence is calling out to me in one way or another. I have heard many myths about the interviews and after reading this thread, I have reason to believe otherwise with regards. I believe that whatever help and information I can gather here will be an asset if I were to decide to go for the walk-in.

A little bit about myself first and foremost. I'm a 23 year old male who has completed national service but all I have is 5 'O' Level credits with an A2 in English. I'm standing at 1.78m and I am more on the slim side weighing at a mere 60kg. I have a slight problem with body acne but that's just on my back. It's just slight, but it is there. There are, however no visible scars on my neck, face and hands. I know I am not the perfect candidate, but what I would like to know if any of you have come across people who have made it with similar or almost similar qualities and qualifications. In short, I would like your opinion on if I should even bother. Thanks in advance. :D

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 9:18 pm

soggy wrote:Greetings everyone. I'm new to this forum and I have been following this particular thread rather closely, so much so that I have almost read the entire thread. I have dreamt of being a flight steward since I was young but thinking that I look like the average joe, I already lost half the battle. However, my dad told me about the up-coming walk-in on the 27th of January and I feel that this coincidence is calling out to me in one way or another. I have heard many myths about the interviews and after reading this thread, I have reason to believe otherwise with regards. I believe that whatever help and information I can gather here will be an asset if I were to decide to go for the walk-in.

A little bit about myself first and foremost. I'm a 23 year old male who has completed national service but all I have is 5 'O' Level credits with an A2 in English. I'm standing at 1.78m and I am more on the slim side weighing at a mere 60kg. I have a slight problem with body acne but that's just on my back. It's just slight, but it is there. There are, however no visible scars on my neck, face and hands. I know I am not the perfect candidate, but what I would like to know if any of you have come across people who have made it with similar or almost similar qualities and qualifications. In short, I would like your opinion on if I should even bother. Thanks in advance. :D


a friend of mine is currenlty an SIA flight steward after 3 tries.
but he has a diploma.
he has slight acne on his face but he is good in concealing.

anyway, for guys, they dun check your back.. so i guess as long as ur face is not tat bad, its fine.
they lowered their criteria to 5 O's credit.
so u meet the criteria!

my friend is 169? or 170. i dunno.
but he's very lean too.

i think u shud jus try since u meet the requirement. no harm right?

jus my two cents worth.. good luck!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests