Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Final Interview this Tuesday

Post by xanngac » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 3:57 pm

brownspecs wrote:Thanks for your advice. A SIA crew friend of mine told me that if one is selected for the final round, he/she is 99% cleared, is that true? What are the cases where they put you on KIV or disqualified?
xanngac wrote:
brownspecs wrote:Hey I be going for the final interview tomorrow. Any idea hows it going to be like? The email states that be prepared the whole session will last till 5.30pm. Are they going to give us a briefing as well? Am quite nervous what to expect. Any idea when will the training start also?
It depends on what time your interview time is. If you start earlier, you won't end at 5.30pm. Say if your timing is about 3pm, you should be able to leave the place by 4pm or latest 4.30pm.

There's a short briefing after you are cleared of your mgmt interview, but like I say, short briefing, so it will last less than 10mins. Sometimes the lady will brief you even before you go into the interview room so that she don't have to keep repeating to everyone who clear the mgmt interview.

Basically, you will fill in a simple form upon reaching the interview waiting room, the lady will ask to check all your certs and docs. Then you will wait for your name to be called to go into the interview room. Once you are done, you will wait outside the room, the lady will enter the interview room to get the result and announce it to you.

If you are unsuccessful or KIV case, the lady will tell you and you can leave the area.

If you are successful, you will be asked to fill in 2 simple forms for your particulars, then you will be given a letter to go for medical checkup at the clinic. She'll do a short briefing (if she haven't done so earlier) and you will be free to leave the area once all these steps are done.

As for questions to expect, do see the earlier posts. What you are asked depends on how you answer your questions also. As long as you are sincere in your answering, be natural and confidence and of course, smile, it should not be of a problem.

Training dates will be up to SIA's discretion as well as your availability. You will be told only after you clear your medical.

Good luck! :)
Well, I didn't clear my mgmt once and I wasn't the only one that day who didn't clear it, so not necessary 99% cleared. Besides, passing rate of mgmt round is always different, if 99% cleared then a lot of people would have made it right. ;)

Being able to go to mgmt round does mean that you have certain qualities that they are looking for. Mgmt interview is a chance for you to convince them that you are definitely right for the job. If one fails to convince them, getting through to mgmt round will also get rejected eventually.

Don't forget there's still medical round aft the mgmt interview. One can still get rejected at that stage, though I think the chances are really slim. Perhaps this is the 99% your friend was referring to?

As for why they KIV or disqualify an interviewee, they will not reveal the actual reasons, so I've no idea too. But some are lucky ones who are told the reason why they were rejected (need to brush up english, etc) but that's really really rare.
And so my journey begins... :)

minikk

Post by minikk » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 4:10 pm

i'm awaiting for my medical results impatiently alongside with Xangac and okieping.

I hope they get back to us soon.

for the others going for management round good luck.

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 4:12 pm

minikk wrote:i'm awaiting for my medical results impatiently alongside with Xangac and okieping.

I hope they get back to us soon.

for the others going for management round good luck.
Hehe yah lor very impatiently waiting, I've never been so excited whenever my hp rang... :)
And so my journey begins... :)

minikk

Post by minikk » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 4:15 pm

i'm like checking my phone every now and then.

so nervous.

okieping
Regular
Regular

Post by okieping » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 4:24 pm

minikk wrote:i'm like checking my phone every now and then.

so nervous.

wait & wait lo...like wht i told xabbgac...wait till the cow come home...till we become siao ding dong...wahaha... now i'm on 24hr stand-by... :P

hellokittylove
Regular
Regular

Post by hellokittylove » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 4:25 pm

dear minikk xanngac and okieping (added),

i totally understand how u all feels

rem, for sure no news means good news, because if you were not being called back for 2nd xray means your back is Ok, HR People needs time to process and allocate your training date.

at least u gals have company, it seems like, during my wait, i'm the only one in this forum who went medical that time..

so no worries, sure pass! get ready for your red nails and bun!
Last edited by hellokittylove on Mon, 07 Jan 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minikk

Post by minikk » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 4:26 pm

now already like 4.30pm...maybe tomorrow ba

okieping
Regular
Regular

Post by okieping » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 4:34 pm

minikk wrote:now already like 4.30pm...maybe tomorrow ba

wahaha...continue the waiting game tomorrow....if they still dont call us by tomorrow..then i think our training wouldnt start on the 22nd liao..

minikk

Post by minikk » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 4:37 pm

i think they are busy ba.

haha skarly have to wait until end of the week.

the lady who check our certs says 1 week remember?

okieping
Regular
Regular

Post by okieping » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 4:38 pm

minikk wrote:i think they are busy ba.

er...dont remember ley.... too happy to remember anything on that day..but like that where got enough time for 2 weeks notice?

minikk

Post by minikk » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 4:39 pm

okieping wrote:

er...dont remember ley.... too happy to remember anything on that day..but like that where got enough time for 2 weeks notice?

precisely....

so resign after they call us or after sign contract?

okieping
Regular
Regular

Post by okieping » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 4:42 pm

minikk wrote:
okieping wrote:

precisely....

should be after they call cos from what i know we will only get to sign the contract a few days before the course starts

minikk

Post by minikk » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 4:44 pm

okieping wrote:
minikk wrote:
okieping wrote: er...dont remember ley.... too happy to remember anything on that day..but like that where got enough time for 2 weeks notice?

precisely....

should be after they call cos from what i know we will only get to sign the contract a few days before the course starts
like tat safe meh? i think i no need to rest le

okieping
Regular
Regular

Post by okieping » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 4:46 pm

minikk wrote:
okieping wrote:
minikk wrote:
precisely....

like tat safe meh? i think i no need to rest le

not very sure.....anyone out there can help us with this? when to resign?

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 4:52 pm

okieping wrote: not very sure.....anyone out there can help us with this? when to resign?
resign only after SIA has confirmed that you have cleared your medical checkup..

otherwise please dun resign...
Soaring above all