Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 2:35 pm

xanngac wrote:
downtown wrote:so walk in chances are lessser than write in chances


Don't think that's the case la...


ya lor.. its the same la..

in the end also about 2 out of a grp will get into management. don't worry.. if u make the cut.. walk-in or write-in doesn't make a difference.

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 2:35 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
Sokeai wrote:I got my call this morning, i'm in the 2.30pm slot on 8th Jan. The lady say she will email me more on the details.

Looks like we can go down together! Where do you all stay? Ben/Rain/Yingying? :D


i'm staying in holland. but i will go down from school. i'm studying in SP. =) my slot is 330pm.

btw, ben, sokeai, the mail asked us to complete the attached forms and print it out. but i didnt see any forms, u guys have it?

raine, keep calling them when its office hours. like what i did when i keep flooding them the write application form. you will get it since you've already got the call from them! dun worry too much ya?


Oo, mine is 2.30pm. Most likely we will be able to see each other there! :D

Anyone care to share what forms need to bring down? Cause till now i have yet to get any emails from them other than the phone call ytd. Kinna gan chiong already. :???:

And_drew
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu, 27 Dec 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby And_drew » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 3:03 pm

xanngac wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Things will get slightly better after your probation end and slightly more after your 1st year whereby you should have completed your Business class training and qualified to work there. Traditionally your first 2 months of flying will be good $$, this is to make up for the income loss during the 3-4 mths of training if possible. You will not feel much lah as when you have not been thru good time, you will not know how hard it is now.....you will just take it as normal :lol:


Ok what you say makes sense haha. Actually if I can get to fly, I'm happy already. Now awaiting medical to clear the last stage... So gan cheong! :shock:

Hey rolly-polly and smileygal, congrats for making it through! Btw, I'm the one who sat besides Grace that day, the one in white shirt and black pants, rem? :) I wonder when they will get back to us about the medical. Keep us updated if they get to you all ya. :)


Hi Xanngac, i think they will get to us by 08Jan since most of us need the 2 weeks notice and they are trying to fit us into the class starting 22 Jan right..i cant stand this suspense :shock:

User avatar
okieping
Regular
Regular
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri, 31 Aug 2007

Postby okieping » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 3:39 pm

And_drew wrote:
xanngac wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Things will get slightly better after your probation end and slightly more after your 1st year whereby you should have completed your Business class training and qualified to work there. Traditionally your first 2 months of flying will be good $$, this is to make up for the income loss during the 3-4 mths of training if possible. You will not feel much lah as when you have not been thru good time, you will not know how hard it is now.....you will just take it as normal :lol:


Ok what you say makes sense haha. Actually if I can get to fly, I'm happy already. Now awaiting medical to clear the last stage... So gan cheong! :shock:

Hey rolly-polly and smileygal, congrats for making it through! Btw, I'm the one who sat besides Grace that day, the one in white shirt and black pants, rem? :) I wonder when they will get back to us about the medical. Keep us updated if they get to you all ya. :)


Hi Xanngac, i think they will get to us by 08Jan since most of us need the 2 weeks notice and they are trying to fit us into the class starting 22 Jan right..i cant stand this suspense :shock:



hopefully all of us get into the same class..... if the class full liao...then there's chances that we might be in different class... :???:

User avatar
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat, 06 Jan 2007

Postby xanngac » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 5:49 pm

And_drew wrote:
xanngac wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Things will get slightly better after your probation end and slightly more after your 1st year whereby you should have completed your Business class training and qualified to work there. Traditionally your first 2 months of flying will be good $$, this is to make up for the income loss during the 3-4 mths of training if possible. You will not feel much lah as when you have not been thru good time, you will not know how hard it is now.....you will just take it as normal :lol:


Ok what you say makes sense haha. Actually if I can get to fly, I'm happy already. Now awaiting medical to clear the last stage... So gan cheong! :shock:

Hey rolly-polly and smileygal, congrats for making it through! Btw, I'm the one who sat besides Grace that day, the one in white shirt and black pants, rem? :) I wonder when they will get back to us about the medical. Keep us updated if they get to you all ya. :)


Hi Xanngac, i think they will get to us by 08Jan since most of us need the 2 weeks notice and they are trying to fit us into the class starting 22 Jan right..i cant stand this suspense :shock:


Haha yes okieping and I were thinking they should get back to us on Monday or Tuesday since 2wks notice is needed for some of us. Still the waiting is killing me hahaha.

I've never been so attached to my handphone all my life lor! :P
And so my journey begins... :)

User avatar
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat, 06 Jan 2007

Postby xanngac » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 5:51 pm

okieping wrote:
And_drew wrote:
xanngac wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Things will get slightly better after your probation end and slightly more after your 1st year whereby you should have completed your Business class training and qualified to work there. Traditionally your first 2 months of flying will be good $$, this is to make up for the income loss during the 3-4 mths of training if possible. You will not feel much lah as when you have not been thru good time, you will not know how hard it is now.....you will just take it as normal :lol:


Ok what you say makes sense haha. Actually if I can get to fly, I'm happy already. Now awaiting medical to clear the last stage... So gan cheong! :shock:

Hey rolly-polly and smileygal, congrats for making it through! Btw, I'm the one who sat besides Grace that day, the one in white shirt and black pants, rem? :) I wonder when they will get back to us about the medical. Keep us updated if they get to you all ya. :)


Hi Xanngac, i think they will get to us by 08Jan since most of us need the 2 weeks notice and they are trying to fit us into the class starting 22 Jan right..i cant stand this suspense :shock:



hopefully all of us get into the same class..... if the class full liao...then there's chances that we might be in different class... :???:


Wah...don't think so ba. I hope we all will be in the same class too! But guys and girls are separated for training is it?
And so my journey begins... :)

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu, 20 Dec 2007

Postby hafiz_ » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 5:56 pm

xanngac wrote:
okieping wrote:
And_drew wrote:
xanngac wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Things will get slightly better after your probation end and slightly more after your 1st year whereby you should have completed your Business class training and qualified to work there. Traditionally your first 2 months of flying will be good $$, this is to make up for the income loss during the 3-4 mths of training if possible. You will not feel much lah as when you have not been thru good time, you will not know how hard it is now.....you will just take it as normal :lol:


Ok what you say makes sense haha. Actually if I can get to fly, I'm happy already. Now awaiting medical to clear the last stage... So gan cheong! :shock:

Hey rolly-polly and smileygal, congrats for making it through! Btw, I'm the one who sat besides Grace that day, the one in white shirt and black pants, rem? :) I wonder when they will get back to us about the medical. Keep us updated if they get to you all ya. :)


Hi Xanngac, i think they will get to us by 08Jan since most of us need the 2 weeks notice and they are trying to fit us into the class starting 22 Jan right..i cant stand this suspense :shock:


all together i believe. but more girls than guys lor. so excited for you guys! haha.


hopefully all of us get into the same class..... if the class full liao...then there's chances that we might be in different class... :???:


Wah...don't think so ba. I hope we all will be in the same class too! But guys and girls are separated for training is it?



all together i believe. but more girls than guys lor. so excited for you guys! haha.

User avatar
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat, 06 Jan 2007

Postby xanngac » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 5:59 pm

Hafiz, don't give up ok, must try again. I'm sure you will get in! :) Cannot be batchmates can be colleagues. ;)
And so my journey begins... :)

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu, 20 Dec 2007

Postby hafiz_ » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 6:08 pm

xanngac wrote:Hafiz, don't give up ok, must try again. I'm sure you will get in! :) Cannot be batchmates can be colleagues. ;)


haha. yeah man. after the probation period's up, you guys can change flights and do flights with me! when i get in of course. :)

User avatar
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat, 06 Jan 2007

Postby xanngac » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 6:11 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
xanngac wrote:Hafiz, don't give up ok, must try again. I'm sure you will get in! :) Cannot be batchmates can be colleagues. ;)


haha. yeah man. after the probation period's up, you guys can change flights and do flights with me! when i get in of course. :)


Hahaha that's like another 10mths to go!
And so my journey begins... :)

And_drew
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu, 27 Dec 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby And_drew » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 6:28 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
xanngac wrote:Hafiz, don't give up ok, must try again. I'm sure you will get in! :) Cannot be batchmates can be colleagues. ;)


haha. yeah man. after the probation period's up, you guys can change flights and do flights with me! when i get in of course. :)


Hafiz, dun be disheartened. U will make it. :)

ben02
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri, 28 Dec 2007

Postby ben02 » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 6:42 pm

Sokeai wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
Sokeai wrote:I got my call this morning, i'm in the 2.30pm slot on 8th Jan. The lady say she will email me more on the details.

Looks like we can go down together! Where do you all stay? Ben/Rain/Yingying? :D


i'm staying in holland. but i will go down from school. i'm studying in SP. =) my slot is 330pm.

btw, ben, sokeai, the mail asked us to complete the attached forms and print it out. but i didnt see any forms, u guys have it?

raine, keep calling them when its office hours. like what i did when i keep flooding them the write application form. you will get it since you've already got the call from them! dun worry too much ya?


Oo, mine is 2.30pm. Most likely we will be able to see each other there! :D

Anyone care to share what forms need to bring down? Cause till now i have yet to get any emails from them other than the phone call ytd. Kinna gan chiong already. :???:


its the application form that was given to us by the lady at the admin table on the 27th Dec one.. she told me to bring when contacted for the final interview..

basically, its the exact same form which we all filled and mailed to them, that got us shortlisted on the 27th Dec one.. (just that i noticed there is one sentence on top which says '.. to be filled and returned to the Human Resource Department...)

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 7:01 pm

ben02 wrote:its the application form that was given to us by the lady at the admin table on the 27th Dec one.. she told me to bring when contacted for the final interview..

basically, its the exact same form which we all filled and mailed to them, that got us shortlisted on the 27th Dec one.. (just that i noticed there is one sentence on top which says '.. to be filled and returned to the Human Resource Department...)


just ignore that sentence.. bring the necessary doc they require you to bring.. originals & photocopied..
Soaring above all

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 7:11 pm

VeniE wrote:
ben02 wrote:its the application form that was given to us by the lady at the admin table on the 27th Dec one.. she told me to bring when contacted for the final interview..

basically, its the exact same form which we all filled and mailed to them, that got us shortlisted on the 27th Dec one.. (just that i noticed there is one sentence on top which says '.. to be filled and returned to the Human Resource Department...)


just ignore that sentence.. bring the necessary doc they require you to bring.. originals & photocopied..


Venie, those docs are: Application form, passport, bankbook, nric, edu certs, birth cert and photo? Anything that i missed out?

Thanks so much! :D

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 8:00 pm

Sokeai wrote:Venie, those docs are: Application form, passport, bankbook, nric, edu certs, birth cert and photo? Anything that i missed out?

Thanks so much! :D


yup.. that's all.. originals & photocopied..

bring your confidence and your sincererity as well yea :)
Soaring above all


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests