Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 2:55 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:
snowss wrote:Seeing how pple have rcvd the email for interviews on the 27Dec and 3 Jan, really makes me feel very demoralised :(

Was it really my photo tat i didnt make the cut...I sent in the same for the one for Emirates...And I got the email from EK :wink: Attending the EK interview next sat...


Haizz...Am I really tat bad :(


Snowss: If you really want to get a proper photo done, you can try Beautybox Studio at Pacific Plaza (beside Orchard DFS building).

The standard corporate photo (8 passport photo & cd-rom) that includes basic makeup with hair grooming at the price of SGD108. After taking 12 shots, you are allowed to choose one shot that you want to make into your passport photo and they will edit it for you using Photoshop.

My photo turns out to be quite alright so I would suggest that if you are really keen on getting the job via write in, go and get proper photo done as first impression is the biggest impression.

Btw there is nothing to fret about cos facial imperfection is small problem compared to being big sized :?


Thanks for ur help...Will consider abt the photo taking :wink:


Guess I'll have to go for the one on 27th....just take this chance to get myself prepared and not being so pessimistic....Gambattei :wink:

charine
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 28 Dec 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby charine » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 2:57 pm

yingying2888 wrote:people, i'm back from my 1st round.. so tired.. it's gonna be a super long post.. haha..

Reached at 1.30pm and met Charine and iwannafly. thou charine was scheduled at 2.30pm she joined the 2pm slot with me and iwannafly. i think it's better that you go there early, and if they dun have enough ppl at the timeslot, you can strill join in the earlier slot. 8 gals in a group, i was in group 5.

Waited about an hour before we started the 1st round of interview. the question was "give us a brief self intro and tell us what you hope to achieve from this job". the lady was slightly plump, yet very friendly.. listens to all of us intently and smiled at us. I thought all of us did very well, all having customer service experience. At the end only 2 out of 6 got in, being me and iwannafly. even though i thought all the gals in my group did way better than those who got booted out at the walk in.

Kebaya round. The same lady again. The moment i saw her, she sort of lectured me about the untrue things that i wrote in my application form. i wrote "graduating from SP in mid feb 08", yet since i'm working part time, i wrote "24 hours" under "notice period required by employer". so she said, since your only free 2 months later, then your suppose to write 2 months. i can only smile and say sorry, explaining to her that i mistook the meaning of "notice period required by employer".

She asked me lift up my fringe and asked me bout my skin care regime. i said facial once a month, and pointed to the slight indention above my brows, and said that i'm currently undergoing treatment to remove it. Then walked really slow and as graciously as possible at the walking. Round 2, iwannafly and me passed.

1-1. 2 ladies in each room. iwannafly got the younger one and i got the older one. the older one bombarded me with all kinds of questions.

1. self intro
2. what do your parents do?
3. why do you have to work part time since your parents are working?
4. are you a PR? if not why? any of your family members PR?

then after learning about my background and cust service experiences, she asked:

5. i know your capable, has a lot of experience from your testimonials. and if we're able to anticipate the passengers' needs, we wouldnt have any more fussy customers and complaints. but i want to know, how are you going to make sure that all 300 passengers on board are happy with your service? how are you going to prevent them from being fussy?

that was the question that i assumed prolly decided my life and death. haha. and she forgot all bout the passage reading. until i opened the door and was about to leave, she called me back to read the passage. it was the carousel one. i took a few minutes to scan it through and prepared myself for any tough to pronounce words. passed it.

yup.. so that's about it.. will be waiting for further notice on the final interview date.

passing rate's like only 8 out of 5 groups when it was my turn to write down the contacts..

CHARINE : i've enjoyed your company and i tink ur reli confident and did good.

IWANNAFLY : wishing you the best of luck! even though you dunno how to read that word, still must act like you know it..

GLADYS_LOPEZ : walk slow walk slow!

gonna prepare myself for management. dam shag.. haha


haha....i enjoyed your company too. glad that you passed! good luck for the next round!! do more facial facial facial... :P

charine
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 28 Dec 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby charine » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 3:02 pm

iwannefly wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:people, i'm back from my 1st round.. so tired.. it's gonna be a super long post.. haha..

Reached at 1.30pm and met Charine and iwannafly. thou charine was scheduled at 2.30pm she joined the 2pm slot with me and iwannafly. i think it's better that you go there early, and if they dun have enough ppl at the timeslot, you can strill join in the earlier slot. 8 gals in a group, i was in group 5.

Waited about an hour before we started the 1st round of interview. the question was "give us a brief self intro and tell us what you hope to achieve from this job". the lady was slightly plump, yet very friendly.. listens to all of us intently and smiled at us. I thought all of us did very well, all having customer service experience. At the end only 2 out of 6 got in, being me and iwannafly. even though i thought all the gals in my group did way better than those who got booted out at the walk in.

Kebaya round. The same lady again. The moment i saw her, she sort of lectured me about the untrue things that i wrote in my application form. i wrote "graduating from SP in mid feb 08", yet since i'm working part time, i wrote "24 hours" under "notice period required by employer". so she said, since your only free 2 months later, then your suppose to write 2 months. i can only smile and say sorry, explaining to her that i mistook the meaning of "notice period required by employer".

She asked me lift up my fringe and asked me bout my skin care regime. i said facial once a month, and pointed to the slight indention above my brows, and said that i'm currently undergoing treatment to remove it. Then walked really slow and as graciously as possible at the walking. Round 2, iwannafly and me passed.

1-1. 2 ladies in each room. iwannafly got the younger one and i got the older one. the older one bombarded me with all kinds of questions.

1. self intro
2. what do your parents do?
3. why do you have to work part time since your parents are working?
4. are you a PR? if not why? any of your family members PR?

then after learning about my background and cust service experiences, she asked:

5. i know your capable, has a lot of experience from your testimonials. and if we're able to anticipate the passengers' needs, we wouldnt have any more fussy customers and complaints. but i want to know, how are you going to make sure that all 300 passengers on board are happy with your service? how are you going to prevent them from being fussy?

that was the question that i assumed prolly decided my life and death. haha. and she forgot all bout the passage reading. until i opened the door and was about to leave, she called me back to read the passage. it was the carousel one. i took a few minutes to scan it through and prepared myself for any tough to pronounce words. passed it.

yup.. so that's about it.. will be waiting for further notice on the final interview date.

passing rate's like only 8 out of 5 groups when it was my turn to write down the contacts..

CHARINE : i've enjoyed your company and i tink ur reli confident and did good.

IWANNAFLY : wishing you the best of luck! even though you dunno how to read that word, still must act like you know it..

GLADYS_LOPEZ : walk slow walk slow!

gonna prepare myself for management. dam shag.. haha


Congrats yingying !! =D

i will try to pronounce that word next time... lolz.. hopefully next time i can pass all rounds..

anyway.. i tink charine did great.. she's present herself better than me...

Charine.. let's try again on the 27th ... ^^ surely this time u can get in ..

Ying ying.. Jia you k? hope u can get thru ur management.. and get in SQ =D and hopefully we can be colleagues someday ... hee...


haha...iwannafly...yeah can go on 27th if dont have anything important...hey get my number from ying ying and call me! :P

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 3:15 pm

i'm nervous.. they haven't sent me the mail yet..=\

downtown
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby downtown » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 3:34 pm

i am scared....but i really want to join all of you on 27th of jan

angelfrez
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby angelfrez » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 3:49 pm

hey anyone from ytd batch got the call for mgmt interview yet?

iwannefly
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007

Postby iwannefly » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 3:51 pm

charine wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:people, i'm back from my 1st round.. so tired.. it's gonna be a super long post.. haha..

Reached at 1.30pm and met Charine and iwannafly. thou charine was scheduled at 2.30pm she joined the 2pm slot with me and iwannafly. i think it's better that you go there early, and if they dun have enough ppl at the timeslot, you can strill join in the earlier slot. 8 gals in a group, i was in group 5.

Waited about an hour before we started the 1st round of interview. the question was "give us a brief self intro and tell us what you hope to achieve from this job". the lady was slightly plump, yet very friendly.. listens to all of us intently and smiled at us. I thought all of us did very well, all having customer service experience. At the end only 2 out of 6 got in, being me and iwannafly. even though i thought all the gals in my group did way better than those who got booted out at the walk in.

Kebaya round. The same lady again. The moment i saw her, she sort of lectured me about the untrue things that i wrote in my application form. i wrote "graduating from SP in mid feb 08", yet since i'm working part time, i wrote "24 hours" under "notice period required by employer". so she said, since your only free 2 months later, then your suppose to write 2 months. i can only smile and say sorry, explaining to her that i mistook the meaning of "notice period required by employer".

She asked me lift up my fringe and asked me bout my skin care regime. i said facial once a month, and pointed to the slight indention above my brows, and said that i'm currently undergoing treatment to remove it. Then walked really slow and as graciously as possible at the walking. Round 2, iwannafly and me passed.

1-1. 2 ladies in each room. iwannafly got the younger one and i got the older one. the older one bombarded me with all kinds of questions.

1. self intro
2. what do your parents do?
3. why do you have to work part time since your parents are working?
4. are you a PR? if not why? any of your family members PR?

then after learning about my background and cust service experiences, she asked:

5. i know your capable, has a lot of experience from your testimonials. and if we're able to anticipate the passengers' needs, we wouldnt have any more fussy customers and complaints. but i want to know, how are you going to make sure that all 300 passengers on board are happy with your service? how are you going to prevent them from being fussy?

that was the question that i assumed prolly decided my life and death. haha. and she forgot all bout the passage reading. until i opened the door and was about to leave, she called me back to read the passage. it was the carousel one. i took a few minutes to scan it through and prepared myself for any tough to pronounce words. passed it.

yup.. so that's about it.. will be waiting for further notice on the final interview date.

passing rate's like only 8 out of 5 groups when it was my turn to write down the contacts..

CHARINE : i've enjoyed your company and i tink ur reli confident and did good.

IWANNAFLY : wishing you the best of luck! even though you dunno how to read that word, still must act like you know it..

GLADYS_LOPEZ : walk slow walk slow!

gonna prepare myself for management. dam shag.. haha


Congrats yingying !! =D

i will try to pronounce that word next time... lolz.. hopefully next time i can pass all rounds..

anyway.. i tink charine did great.. she's present herself better than me...

Charine.. let's try again on the 27th ... ^^ surely this time u can get in ..

Ying ying.. Jia you k? hope u can get thru ur management.. and get in SQ =D and hopefully we can be colleagues someday ... hee...


haha...iwannafly...yeah can go on 27th if dont have anything important...hey get my number from ying ying and call me! :P


hey gal... my contact is 90267800.. give me a sms k? =D

iwannefly
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007

Postby iwannefly » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 3:54 pm

angelfrez wrote:hey anyone from ytd batch got the call for mgmt interview yet?


Yingying is from yesterday batch... and she got the call ^^

Congrats everyone who have received the call =D Good luck next tue and jia you jia you.. hope to hear the good news from all of you in this forum...

User avatar
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat, 06 Jan 2007

Postby xanngac » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 4:20 pm

Good luck to those going for mgmt interview on the 8th. Passing rate seems high for the girls, so good luck to you all! :)

As for the guys, don't be intimidated by yday's mgmt interview passing rate k, a lot of KIV case means they will still want to take it guys. So do your best and good luck!
And so my journey begins... :)

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 4:31 pm

sigh working hours gonna be over soon today but i have yet ot receive the email. how?

User avatar
exclusivepink
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue, 25 Sep 2007

Postby exclusivepink » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 4:37 pm

ben02 wrote:
Sokeai wrote:I got my call this morning, i'm in the 2.30pm slot on 8th Jan. The lady say she will email me more on the details.

Looks like we can go down together! Where do you all stay? Ben/Rain/Yingying? :D


Me Potong Pasir..


hey, can i join u peeps? :D my slot is on 8th Jan 3.30pm. :roll:

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 4:41 pm

shalll i call them?
=(

User avatar
exclusivepink
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue, 25 Sep 2007

Postby exclusivepink » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 4:42 pm

rainschocolate wrote:shalll i call them?
=(


if they had called u, they will email you... dun be too gan jiong :)

User avatar
crystalheart
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby crystalheart » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 7:01 pm

downtown wrote:i am scared....but i really want to join all of you on 27th of jan

I just came across this ex sia cabin crew executive who had a lot of experience in cabin crew and he was an interviewer too. He has offered to help those who are going for the interview(gals & guys) free of charge.I think he is genuine coz he has pic of himself,wife and his dogs in his blog. His blog is at http://excce.blogspot.comThanks and best regards :)
Crystal

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu, 20 Dec 2007

Postby hafiz_ » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 7:51 pm

xanngac, okieping, smileygal,

i didnt manage to pass the management round. sigh. the worst is failing the management when you've already gone so far. i dunno how the other kiv guys did though. and i wonder if there are appeal cases. hmm.

and rollypolly, you were there too yesterday?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest