Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 8:45 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:haha.. yea.. i'll prolly have to do that.. can i know how early did you go last thur? cos mine is scheduled at 2pm, i dunno what time i should reach there..

last week my slot was 145.. i reach about 120. the security guard only let u in when its your timeslot. but as mentioned earlier.. no harm if u go earlier, jus flash ur pass and walk in. hahaha they dun really care i think.

go earlier la~!! den dun need stay so long. it was 530 by the time i finish my 1-1. dying of thirst and hunger. =\
haha.. okok.. i only saw my email today.. and i'm nervous.. any tips for tmr? :shock:

hahaha please remember to eat something b4 going. don't be like me, my lips are cracking and scaring people by the time i had my 1-1 interiew. lol!!

confidence smile and make pple feel comfortable. =) be yourself! don't be too nervous ya!
jiayou jiayou

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 9:08 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:haha.. yea.. i'll prolly have to do that.. can i know how early did you go last thur? cos mine is scheduled at 2pm, i dunno what time i should reach there..

last week my slot was 145.. i reach about 120. the security guard only let u in when its your timeslot. but as mentioned earlier.. no harm if u go earlier, jus flash ur pass and walk in. hahaha they dun really care i think.

go earlier la~!! den dun need stay so long. it was 530 by the time i finish my 1-1. dying of thirst and hunger. =\
haha.. okok.. i only saw my email today.. and i'm nervous.. any tips for tmr? :shock:
Just go earlier, my timing was 1.45pm but i got in at abt 1.20pm and was announced my group for the group interview at about 1.30pm. Like I say, don't tell the guards too much, I just smile and told them I've an interview to attend. No questions asked and was asked to proceed to the interview room ahead. :)

Good luck! Make sure you have ur lunch so that you won't starve. I brought along a small bottle of water cause I reckoned I'll need to wait really long and I didn't want to die of thirst haha.

As for tips on interview, do read up on the prev few posts. Smile, be confident and just be yourself will do. ;)
And so my journey begins... :)

fannie

Post by fannie » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 9:09 pm

Hey gal,

Do you have to wait very long for your first round when u reached at 120??
how come everything dragged for 5 hrs if there is a schedule for everyone??? hmm...

I wonder if its like walk in where all we do is wait and wait.. so nervous..

Btw, usually what kind of questions they asked for round 1? i only gana intro yourself kind before...

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 9:14 pm

Well it is about the same as the walk-in, lots of waiting time thrown in. For every round that you managed to pass, you are asked to wait before you proceed to the next. So if you come at a later timing, naturally you need to wait longer cause you have to wait for those in front of you to clear.

I was in the 2nd group to start the interview, started at 1.30pm and ended at about 4.30pm. So even though everyone's scheduled a timing, still must wait. After all, the interviewers also human, need a break here and there.

Anyway time flies while you are waiting, cause you will be too nervous to notice anything else keke. Question they will ask I suppose you can read up on the prev posts. Common questions like self-intro is a must, hobbies, something interesting abt yourself, etc.
And so my journey begins... :)

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 9:14 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:

hahaha please remember to eat something b4 going. don't be like me, my lips are cracking and scaring people by the time i had my 1-1 interiew. lol!!

confidence smile and make pple feel comfortable. =) be yourself! don't be too nervous ya!
jiayou jiayou
thanks raine! how did you guys ans the question where they asked what was the recent movie that you had watched and would like to recommend? =)

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Re: heeeeeeey.... i migrated to here...

Post by starrynitezz » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 9:24 pm

Jocundster wrote:hey peez~~~ i have been reading all ya posts as a passer-by but not anymore just i've just joined as a member... LOL~

btw i was kicked out during the mgmt round last week but the lady didn't tell me anything, i just asked the reason why i was kicked out but she said "sorry, i am not very sure too". So am i banned from the coming intake too?

:D
lemme guess... u sound like eve hur?
e lady did say that i cant try for e jan recruitment.. haiz..

sheepish

Re: Finally, and who's going?

Post by sheepish » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 9:26 pm

akiheartfelt wrote:
Acorna wrote:
sheepish wrote:Omg, the details on an interview which i can finally attend is out!

Since I grad in May08, I couldn't apply for the write-ins. And as much as I wanted to attend the Dec07 interviews, I was overseas.

So this is it!

Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2008 will be the year we all fly! :)

So who's attending this one??
hey sheepish,
I'm graduating in May 08 too! =)
but i would still be trying out for jan's walk-in unless sth crops up.
akiheartfelt, you going too?
Yups i should be going too... :)
oh great so its 3 of us so far? Who else??

I know it might seem a little early to interview when we can't start till months later!! Btw anyone knows for cases like these, are there review interviews conducted? and what will they be looking out for at those?

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 9:42 pm

shellen wrote:
starrynitezz wrote:
snowss wrote: Then I guess u better skip the jan one....coze she did told u tat...
Imagine if u go for the Jan one and make it to the management round...then kena found out....Jialat...dunno what will happen through :-#
hmm wonder if anyone has been tru situation like this? :lol:
hmm...starrynitezz, I think 4 ur own reputation good, u beta give the Jan a miss since the lady told u so. If they put a ban on u and u reali turn up...tink its wont be gd impression for u. Do consider since SIA reali hvin interview each mth.
another point to take note too.. hmm..

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 9:51 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote: haha.. okok.. i only saw my email today.. and i'm nervous.. any tips for tmr? :shock:

jiayou jiayou
thanks raine! how did you guys ans the question where they asked what was the recent movie that you had watched and would like to recommend? =)

haha i was in grp 4, i didn't get the movie question. group 3 got it.
my question was "a brief self intro, and where would u suggest for us (the interviewers) to have our company outing, somewhere in singapore."

i think the quality of your question is secondary, the main thing is whether u're comfortable speaking, and maintain eye contact with the interviewer is a must.
dun be over-confidence or show signs of dominance. i guess the rest will be up to u and luck!!

good luck!!

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:02 pm

haha.. but its still a tough question to handle man! praying for the typical "pls give a brief intro about urself" question tmr.. :lol:

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:13 pm

hahaha i think brief is will have de lor.. but if they say brief.. dun go on and on abt the self intro leh! brief brief.
usually at the back of self intro will post another question la.. so.. jus be calm.. if u're not the first den listen to their answer.. see wad u can take into consideration and change a bit... lol =X tats if u really go no idea wad to say la..

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:21 pm

thanks so much babe! i'm working on my report at this point of time too.. just like you.. haha.

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:29 pm

oh no i feel so guilty.

i have NOT done my report.

okok i'll go do now. =\

jiayou!

charine

Post by charine » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:32 pm

hi anyone going for the first round tomorrow want to meet up and go together?

can msg me at 93653413? im staying at hougang, anyone staying nearby, so maybe can go together?

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:37 pm

charine wrote:hi anyone going for the first round tomorrow want to meet up and go together?

can msg me at 93653413? im staying at hougang, anyone staying nearby, so maybe can go together?
hey charine, wat time's your slot tmr?

anyone the same slot 2pm as me tmr??