Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 6:39 pm

xanngac wrote:I'm undecided between black pants and black knee-length skirt... I wonder if they will be able to finish all rounds of interviews by the end of their wrkday tmr...


They are doing all 5 rds of interviews tml?

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 6:42 pm

I'll be wearing black blouse and pants with flats tml XD

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 6:43 pm

Sokeai wrote:
xanngac wrote:I'm undecided between black pants and black knee-length skirt... I wonder if they will be able to finish all rounds of interviews by the end of their wrkday tmr...


They are doing all 5 rds of interviews tml?


usually so for write-ins.. 4 rounds plus skin check. unless you finish really late, then it'll be another day.
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 6:44 pm

will all of you be wearing formal?
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 6:50 pm

xmischax wrote:
Sokeai wrote:
xanngac wrote:I'm undecided between black pants and black knee-length skirt... I wonder if they will be able to finish all rounds of interviews by the end of their wrkday tmr...


They are doing all 5 rds of interviews tml?


usually so for write-ins.. 4 rounds plus skin check. unless you finish really late, then it'll be another day.


Oh, so the 4 rds will be all except the mgmt rd? I understand that the wct is phased out atm right?

Hmm, i think mine is considered semi-formal?
Last edited by Sokeai on Wed, 26 Dec 2007 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MirageBomb
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun, 16 Dec 2007
Location: Singapore

Final Interview 2-1

Postby MirageBomb » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 6:51 pm

hilo.. whew.. made it :oops: but barely, I think.

starrynitezz.. I was surprised u didn't get thru.. u carry urself well, shd be able to la, I think it's just about figuring what the interviewers want this time round.. and honestly your forum pic doesn't do you any justice! :P gambate, ok! Can do it one!!

Alrighty, here's roughly what went on at the final interview today:

- 2 rooms, 1 pair of female interviewers, 1 pair of older male interviewers (I got interviewed by the men)

The male interviewers were all smiles and laughter, but they threw alot of curve balls.. sh*t-testing you to throw you off guard.. and that was scary coz you'd walk out of the interview room not knowing if you made it or not.. lol


What they seem to be looking for and will question you quite mercilessly on (as far as I know) :

- how adaptable you are
- knowledge of what being a cabin crew is about
- qualities you possess that would fit the job
- how realistic you are about the job and its less glam side (what goes on behind the scenes etc)
- ability to deal with customers
- ability to cope with politics and bullying (eg. asking what you would do if a superior instructed you to do something you knew was wrong)
- ability to do manual chores
- how serious/mentally prepared you are
- "What will you do if you don't get this job"
- "tell us about your family"
- what you think customer service is about
- name instances that show you take pride in providing service excellence


Especially for those with degrees or who may come across as having had a privileged life/lifestyle :

- ability to serve customers of a lower social status
- whether you do household chores
- how realistic you are about the job and its less glam side/politics (please don't tell/acknowledge negative stories about SIA)
- ability to take orders (basically testing if you are humble enough/willing to learn)
- how you react around large groups of strangers
- why you want to be an SIA stewardess
- how you would deal with superiors who are younger than you / less capable than you when faced with bullying



As with the usual pointers about how to "beat" these interviews, I suggest:

- Try to figure out if they're asking a new question, or just a continuation of the previous question... then think why they are asking this question, so you can figure out what their doubts are.. address those doubts. For eg, if they asked "tell us about your family" (let's say you describe an upper middle class family), then "do you do household chores", and "Are you aware of a cabin crew's duties other than serving?" ..you more or less get a clue that their doubt is about whether you are too pampered/sheltered to be able to perform on the job.. then you know how to answer appropriately.

- If the question is very general (eg. tell us about your family), try to answer in a way that tells them about your positive traits... for eg, something that would hint at good upbringing/discipline/maturity/ initiative/independence etc..

- Try not to give common answers unless you think you can make it sound interesting.. alot of ppl seem to have gotten shot down for that

- Don't be intimidated, take a few seconds to think if you need to, then answer with purpose. The quality/delivery of your answers seem to count alot.

Good luck 2 all! :D
Last edited by MirageBomb on Wed, 26 Dec 2007 7:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein

sqhopeful
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue, 23 Oct 2007

Postby sqhopeful » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 6:54 pm

hey everyone... congrats to those who made it today and i'm sorry to the babes who didn't. :(

starrynitezz: really thought you'd make it cos you look really pretty in the forum pic (read it doesn't do justice so you must be a super babe irl!) by the way i failed round 1 3 times and failed at kebaya the last time...

just spent a bomb getting bobbi brown blemish concealer and ettusais pore cover, it was sold out at scotts!

hope lady luck will be shining on us tomorrow...

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 7:02 pm

sqhopeful wrote:hey everyone... congrats to those who made it today and i'm sorry to the babes who didn't. :(

starrynitezz: really thought you'd make it cos you look really pretty in the forum pic (read it doesn't do justice so you must be a super babe irl!) by the way i failed round 1 3 times and failed at kebaya the last time...

just spent a bomb getting bobbi brown blemish concealer and ettusais pore cover, it was sold out at scotts!

hope lady luck will be shining on us tomorrow...


it's scary! i dunno what to expect and it's scary! ahhh good luck to all of us!
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

User avatar
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat, 06 Jan 2007

Re: Final Interview 2-1

Postby xanngac » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 8:05 pm

MirageBomb wrote:hilo.. whew.. made it :oops: but barely, I think.

starrynitezz.. I was surprised u didn't get thru.. u carry urself well, shd be able to la, I think it's just about figuring what the interviewers want this time round.. and honestly your forum pic doesn't do you any justice! :P gambate, ok! Can do it one!!

Alrighty, here's roughly what went on at the final interview today:

- 2 rooms, 1 pair of female interviewers, 1 pair of older male interviewers (I got interviewed by the men)

The male interviewers were all smiles and laughter, but they threw alot of curve balls.. sh*t-testing you to throw you off guard.. and that was scary coz you'd walk out of the interview room not knowing if you made it or not.. lol


What they seem to be looking for and will question you quite mercilessly on (as far as I know) :

- how adaptable you are
- knowledge of what being a cabin crew is about
- qualities you possess that would fit the job
- how realistic you are about the job and its less glam side (what goes on behind the scenes etc)
- ability to deal with customers
- ability to cope with politics and bullying (eg. asking what you would do if a superior instructed you to do something you knew was wrong)
- ability to do manual chores
- how serious/mentally prepared you are
- "What will you do if you don't get this job"
- "tell us about your family"
- what you think customer service is about
- name instances that show you take pride in providing service excellence


Especially for those with degrees or who may come across as having had a privileged life/lifestyle :

- ability to serve customers of a lower social status
- whether you do household chores
- how realistic you are about the job and its less glam side/politics (please don't tell/acknowledge negative stories about SIA)
- ability to take orders (basically testing if you are humble enough/willing to learn)
- how you react around large groups of strangers
- why you want to be an SIA stewardess
- how you would deal with superiors who are younger than you / less capable than you when faced with bullying



As with the usual pointers about how to "beat" these interviews, I suggest:

- Try to figure out if they're asking a new question, or just a continuation of the previous question... then think why they are asking this question, so you can figure out what their doubts are.. address those doubts. For eg, if they asked "tell us about your family" (let's say you describe an upper middle class family), then "do you do household chores", and "Are you aware of a cabin crew's duties other than serving?" ..you more or less get a clue that their doubt is about whether you are too pampered/sheltered to be able to perform on the job.. then you know how to answer appropriately.

- If the question is very general (eg. tell us about your family), try to answer in a way that tells them about your positive traits... for eg, something that would hint at good upbringing/discipline/maturity/ initiative/independence etc..

- Try not to give common answers unless you think you can make it sound interesting.. alot of ppl seem to have gotten shot down for that

- Don't be intimidated, take a few seconds to think if you need to, then answer with purpose. The quality/delivery of your answers seem to count alot.

Good luck 2 all! :D


Hey MirageBomb congrats for making it through! :) Was wondering how's the passing rate for the 2 ladies interviewers like?

Anyway have you any idea if they are able to complete all the rounds of interviews for those whose slots are after lunch hour? Thanks a million for the helpful tips ya. :)
And so my journey begins... :)

jassylolly
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007
Location: Tampines

Postby jassylolly » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 9:10 pm

I dun dare to think too far
shoot me;hang me;My fate is in your hands

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 9:14 pm

jassylolly wrote:I dun dare to think too far


i'm kinda freaking out now! :lol:
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

User avatar
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat, 06 Jan 2007

Postby xanngac » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 9:25 pm

Yah...so scary to think about it! I think I want to try sleeping early though I think it will be very difficult to sleep tonight....
And so my journey begins... :)

User avatar
MirageBomb
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun, 16 Dec 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: Final Interview 2-1

Postby MirageBomb » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 9:25 pm

xanngac wrote:Hey MirageBomb congrats for making it through! :) Was wondering how's the passing rate for the 2 ladies interviewers like?

Anyway have you any idea if they are able to complete all the rounds of interviews for those whose slots are after lunch hour? Thanks a million for the helpful tips ya. :)


Hey~ thanks! :)

Hmm.. sry, I have no idea bout the lady interviewers... they came in late today. Most of us got interviewed by the 2 gentlemen..

Well for the final interview, us peeps in the 8:45am - 9:15am slots finished by around 11am.. situation should be similar for the afternoon slot ba. If u pass, u might have to do ur medical on the following day coz the clinic's at Paragon. Hope that was the answer U were after. :D +U!
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein

User avatar
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat, 06 Jan 2007

Re: Final Interview 2-1

Postby xanngac » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 9:27 pm

MirageBomb wrote:
xanngac wrote:Hey MirageBomb congrats for making it through! :) Was wondering how's the passing rate for the 2 ladies interviewers like?

Anyway have you any idea if they are able to complete all the rounds of interviews for those whose slots are after lunch hour? Thanks a million for the helpful tips ya. :)


Hey~ thanks! :)

Hmm.. sry, I have no idea bout the lady interviewers... they came in late today. Most of us got interviewed by the 2 gentlemen..

Well for the final interview, us peeps in the 8:45am - 9:15am slots finished by around 11am.. situation should be similar for the afternoon slot ba. If u pass, u might have to do ur medical on the following day coz the clinic's at Paragon. Hope that was the answer U were after. :D +U!


Hey thanks for the info. I'm feeling soooooo nervous now hahaha. I think I'll go in slightly earlier tmr. You finish around 11am, that means non-stop right? Not like the walk-in lots of time wasted waiting?
And so my journey begins... :)

jassylolly
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007
Location: Tampines

Postby jassylolly » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 9:32 pm

who is going for tmr?
shoot me;hang me;My fate is in your hands


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest