Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Postby Guest » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 9:42 pm

it's so irritating right?why cant they like just apply directly with them instead of going thr the stupid monster.
Forget it.I'll wont' apply again.I don't have the 2 yrs experience anyway.sigh.

Delirious

Interview this fri

Postby Delirious » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 10:13 pm

Yes. My interview is on this friday. At 11plus though. And i'm afraid ill just go there to be kicked out because of the scars. Still contemplating if i should go.

Anyway know the pay range for silkair though?

Glower

Re: Interview this fri

Postby Glower » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 10:26 pm

I hv a very big scar on my arm from an accident and trust me its obvious. I am still with Silkair though.

Delirious wrote:Yes. My interview is on this friday. At 11plus though. And i'm afraid ill just go there to be kicked out because of the scars. Still contemplating if i should go.

Postby Guest » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 10:33 pm

Delirious wrote:Yes. My interview is on this friday. At 11plus though. And i'm afraid ill just go there to be kicked out because of the scars. Still contemplating if i should go.

Delirious,

did you receive your letter of invitation today? i am just wondering if they sent out the invitation letters all at one go. i dun wanna hav high hopes, if everyone receive last week then i guess i'll take it that i'm out. fri's the second interview, tmr is wed already. hey, all the best on your 2nd interview!

Guest.

Postby Guest. » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 11:33 pm

Is it true that silkair will at least mail us back the postcard even if i am rejected? Hopefully they will, at least I got my answer.

zhuzhu leong

Postby zhuzhu leong » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 12:15 am

Guest. wrote:Is it true that silkair will at least mail us back the postcard even if i am rejected? Hopefully they will, at least I got my answer.

yes they will. but that will take a long time. my friend waited for 3 weeks. the waiting period varies. my speculation is that if many dont make it, of fail to show up during interviews, they can have the option of calling up the 2nd or 3rd alternative.

hope this helps.

Guest.

Postby Guest. » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 8:42 am

zhuzhu leong wrote:
Guest. wrote:Is it true that silkair will at least mail us back the postcard even if i am rejected? Hopefully they will, at least I got my answer.

yes they will. but that will take a long time. my friend waited for 3 weeks. the waiting period varies. my speculation is that if many dont make it, of fail to show up during interviews, they can have the option of calling up the 2nd or 3rd alternative.

hope this helps.

Thanks for ur info Zhuzhu :wink:

Postby Guest » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 8:45 am

hope this helps.[/quote]

Agree, its similar to whereby some SIA applicants still receive an interview invitation though the interview is long over. Good Luck all!

Rach

Postby Rach » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 9:59 am

Triz wrote:
Rach wrote:
fanny wrote:hi rach, do you happen to know a Pauline Goh and a Florence Foo in SIA? they are/were air stewardesses too.

Hi Fanny, yes I know Pauline Goh... But havent came across Florence Foo yet.

Hi, do you know a lady name Trisha Wong?

No..I do not know a Trisha Wong. Are you a FSS with SIA anyway? You seems to know many Stewardess...

To those applying for Silkair & Jetstar...

I have friends with Silkair... heard from them that Silkair is quite good compared to Jetstar though both are budget airline... Not to say about other thing, but the IFA(In Flight Allowances) hourly is much much more for silkair.

guest~

Postby guest~ » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 4:08 pm

Hi there Delirous! my interview is also this friday at 11plus! do u wanna meet up at the SIA Training Centre?

FYI, I asked my silkair gf on the way to go and she advised me to board a cab at Simei MRT which is much more convenient. Hope this will be of help for you.

Rach

Postby Rach » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 4:59 pm

guest~ wrote:

Hi there Delirous! my interview is also this friday at 11plus! do u want to meet up at the SIA Training Centre?

FYI, I asked my silkair girlfriend on the way to go and she advised me to board a cab at Simei MRT which is much more convenient. Hope this will be of help for you.

erm... you can also board a cab at Tanah Merah Mrt to go to STC. It's rather near to go from there too...

Hope this helps too! :)

Postby Guest » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 6:55 pm

seems like i go tone of the earlier times for the 2nd interview this friday... anyone going at 9plus? i wonder if this is antoher group round.. *nervous* haha

Glower

Silkair is not a low cost carrier or Budget airline

Postby Glower » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 10:06 pm

Please note the Silkair is not a Low Cost Carrier or Budget Airline. Silkair have long been around before the LCCs and Budget carriers. Silkair is a subsidiary company of Singapore Airline. Silkair fly to regional countries such as Malaysia, Thailand, Indonessia, India, China, Cambodia, Vietnam etc... You have to get this right!!
Silkair offer full meals, ice cream, alcohol, entertainment, duty free, amenties etc like other full force airlines. The only reason why we are unable to offer as much as SIA is because our planes are much smaller and most of our flights are of shorter timings. BTW, we do operate flights for SIA sometimes. That means, we fly to SIA's routes using Silkairs' aircraft. I hope the clarification helps.

Delirious

Interview!

Postby Delirious » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 11:18 pm

Sure! I'm fine with meeting up! How bout it? :)

Hey does anyone knoe the pay range for silkair?

(Your scars can be covered by the uni, my wont be covered! - -")

Glower

Re: Interview!

Postby Glower » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 11:53 pm

$2K - 2.8K . Last month I took home $2.5K? Its quite Ok if u think that u are only working about 14 days a month.

Delirious wrote:Sure! I'm fine with meeting up! How bout it? :)

Hey does anyone knoe the pay range for silkair?

(Your scars can be covered by the uni, my wont be covered! - -")