Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
onee
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu, 30 Nov 2006

Re: SIA recruitment

Postby onee » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 2:30 pm

shellen wrote:hi, I am shellen.
I am very interested in joining SIA as crew. Unfortunately, my highest qualification stopped at GCE O' level. But I have 4years of customer servie experinces.
Another thing is...I have try SIA open house. But I tend to be alittle nervous when during the interview? any tips?



SIA OPEN HOUSE?
whats that?
where?

ninono1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 14 Dec 2007

Re: anybody?

Postby ninono1 » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 4:01 pm

gladys_lopez wrote:
ninono1 wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:btw, anybody in group 74 on the 1st Dec interview?


Hihi,

I think I'm in group 74.. erm.. candidate number 3...

R u one of them?

With love, sarah


Oh ya, me number 9. Did you get in?

Sandy


Still waiting for my 1-1 and hopefully management round on 26th Dec. Have been in overseas.. hee..

With love, sarah

flyme2themoon
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu, 13 Dec 2007
Location: SG

Postby flyme2themoon » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 5:23 pm

evil_dee wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:
flyme2themoon wrote:Any1 noes what are the benefits like for being a cabin crew for SIA? I know we get to travel at a discounted rate.. but what about our next of kin like our parents? Can they travel at a discount too?


not so sure.. bt i heard that there is discounted rate for our family members and we get free tix every year to travel..


Hi, regarding your queries, Every cabin crew gets a free ticket to any destination in the world on SIA flights. Parents are entitled to one if both still working. However if both are retirees u get 2. Cabin crew's free ticket is transferable to parents. once this entitlement is used up, u travel next on discounted rates, which means u pay 15-20% of the airfare. hope this helps. :P


And our parents get to travel at discounted rates also? What about siblings who are still schooling? Do they get discounted air travel too?

vinrouge
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu, 06 Sep 2007

Postby vinrouge » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 7:01 pm

hello everyone..

for o lvl holders, what are the other subjects we need to have credits in?

for example if i didnt pass my maths but i passed my eng and 4 other subjects, will it be ok?

thanks!

Inspiredsand
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat, 08 Dec 2007

Postby Inspiredsand » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 7:11 pm

ChLoeGer wrote:
flyme2themoon wrote:
pacficgal wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:
flyme2themoon wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:
VeniE wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:
VeniE wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:Hihi.. looks like there are alot going for the 16th Jan training from this forum!!
1. Venie
2. PacificGer
3. Inspiredsand
4. ChloeGer

who else??


1. Venie
2. PacificGer
3. Inspiredsand
4. ChloeGer
5. flyme2themoon
6. poppinchampagne


All ladies?? dont mind if you guys can pm me ur msn addy??? =D


pm you.. mind give me a list of the email adds once you collated them? thanks..


sure! will send the list to you once i got all!! =D


K Given my msn addy too :D Hope to see all u gals at training .. Jan 16... so excited...


flyme2themoon, did u pm me? didnt receive ur msg..



pm me the e-mail add as well. thanks!
btw anybody staying at tamp area?


Me me.. I'm staying at Tampines.. Near Tampines Junior College area.. so actually STC is quite near my place :D


so good.. im staying in serangoon north.. anyone near me?


Omg.. envy u gers.. i'm staying in Jurong! =( anyone near me?

Inspiredsand
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat, 08 Dec 2007

Postby Inspiredsand » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 7:18 pm

O2 Zinc wrote:
hellokittylove wrote:thanks for all your well wishes!!

ive made it thru !
anyway , can some kind soul tell me what will be checked on during the medical test?

:)


congrats!! :wink:


Congrats!! =)

Inspiredsand
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat, 08 Dec 2007

Postby Inspiredsand » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 7:28 pm

ChLoeGer wrote:
flyme2themoon wrote:
hellokittylove wrote:thanks for all your well wishes!!

ive made it thru !
anyway , can some kind soul tell me what will be checked on during the medical test?

:)


They will check things like:
Urine test
Eyesight
Colour Blindness
Blood pressure
Breast lump
Some Q&A

I think that's about it.


n Xray to check your lungs too!


Primary check for chest xray is to check lungs function. but somehow they do look at ur backbone/spine as well.. one of the criteria for SIA is to have straight spine, else less than 20 degrees if curved. i'm one of the unfortunate few.. i was called back for a repeat xray for my back, as they wanna check if i have scoliosis (curved spine) and to measure the degrees. however during the second xray, i actually pestered the doc to reveal the results to me there and then! =) and i was told "no scoliosis at all! you must have been not standing straight during the first Xray!" i was relieved yet heart aching at the same time... cos.. for repeat Xray, you need to fork out $150 from ur own pocket. =( sob... so lesson learnt. stand straight during the chest xray! =)

User avatar
gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue, 11 Dec 2007

Re: anybody?

Postby gladys_lopez » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 7:39 pm

ninono1 wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:
ninono1 wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:btw, anybody in group 74 on the 1st Dec interview?


Hihi,

I think I'm in group 74.. erm.. candidate number 3...

R u one of them?

With love, sarah


Oh ya, me number 9. Did you get in?

Sandy


Still waiting for my 1-1 and hopefully management round on 26th Dec. Have been in overseas.. hee..

With love, sarah


Wish you all the best! You have a great personality, i think i remember you. You said you failed once before at kebaya right? Btw, do you know of other girls who got as far as you? Like Alexis and Charlene?
My dreams will all be fulfilled one day..

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 9:09 pm

Inspiredsand wrote:. cos.. for repeat Xray, you need to fork out $150 from ur own pocket. =( sob... so lesson learnt. stand straight during the chest xray! =)


:shock: :shock: What an audacity! That thickhead of a radiologist should have made sure you were standing straight in the first place! :roll:

Inspiredsand
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat, 08 Dec 2007

Postby Inspiredsand » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 9:19 pm

Plavt wrote:
Inspiredsand wrote:. cos.. for repeat Xray, you need to fork out $150 from ur own pocket. =( sob... so lesson learnt. stand straight during the chest xray! =)


:shock: :shock: What an audacity! That thickhead of a radiologist should have made sure you were standing straight in the first place! :roll:


precisely! they didn't say anything, didn't even mention they are looking at my little spine too! tot chest xray is only for lungs... =(

ninono1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 14 Dec 2007

Re: anybody?

Postby ninono1 » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:21 pm

gladys_lopez wrote:
ninono1 wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:
ninono1 wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:btw, anybody in group 74 on the 1st Dec interview?


Hihi,

I think I'm in group 74.. erm.. candidate number 3...

R u one of them?

With love, sarah


Oh ya, me number 9. Did you get in?

Sandy


Still waiting for my 1-1 and hopefully management round on 26th Dec. Have been in overseas.. hee..

With love, sarah


Wish you all the best! You have a great personality, i think i remember you. You said you failed once before at kebaya right? Btw, do you know of other girls who got as far as you? Like Alexis and Charlene?


Yoyo,

My updates on grp 74, hee...

there were like 5 gers who got thru fr our grp, candidate no 1, 2, 3, 4 and charlene.

No1 was out b4 the kebaya cos HR realised she lacks 1 'O'

No2 was out at 1-1, I thought she could have gone all the way tis time cos she was in for management round twice last year

No3 was me.. erm.. still praying hard n getting more encouragement n advice fr tis forum!! hoho!!

No4 was out after the kebaya walk n b4 the skin check

Charlene was out after skin check.. Not too sure Y also.. as she mentioned she was always out during tis round.. remember?? Yup, then she went to tok to the beauticians for quite some time..

Yep.. tat is the update.. hee..

Let's jiayou together n don give up k!!!

Moneyminded
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 07 Oct 2007

Postby Moneyminded » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:24 pm

Zenpaki wrote:
Moneyminded wrote:Anyone got the the info to go for training on 2nd of Jan?
Looks like everyone got the schedule on 16th...
Loner again? hahaha


garychien n me are both startin on 2nd jan


Hey Zenpaki, Can i have your MSN or Gary's MSN? Finally not alone this time hahaaha...

Moneyminded
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 07 Oct 2007

Postby Moneyminded » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:29 pm

Moneyminded wrote:
Zenpaki wrote:
Moneyminded wrote:Anyone got the the info to go for training on 2nd of Jan?
Looks like everyone got the schedule on 16th...
Loner again? hahaha


garychien n me are both startin on 2nd jan


Hey Zenpaki, Can i have your MSN or Gary's MSN? Finally not alone this time hahaaha...


Oh ya, my MSN is zhenfeng84@hotmail.com. Add me if you guys don't mind? :) Good day!

Zenpaki
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat, 20 Oct 2007

Postby Zenpaki » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:42 pm

Moneyminded wrote:Oh ya, my MSN is zhenfeng84@hotmail.com. Add me if you guys don't mind? :) Good day!


Added u.. ^^

User avatar
gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue, 11 Dec 2007

Re: anybody?

Postby gladys_lopez » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:55 pm

ninono1 wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:
ninono1 wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:
ninono1 wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:btw, anybody in group 74 on the 1st Dec interview?


Hihi,

I think I'm in group 74.. erm.. candidate number 3...

R u one of them?

With love, sarah


Oh ya, me number 9. Did you get in?

Sandy


Still waiting for my 1-1 and hopefully management round on 26th Dec. Have been in overseas.. hee..

With love, sarah


Wish you all the best! You have a great personality, i think i remember you. You said you failed once before at kebaya right? Btw, do you know of other girls who got as far as you? Like Alexis and Charlene?


Yoyo,

My updates on grp 74, hee...

there were like 5 gers who got thru fr our grp, candidate no 1, 2, 3, 4 and charlene.

No1 was out b4 the kebaya cos HR realised she lacks 1 'O'

No2 was out at 1-1, I thought she could have gone all the way tis time cos she was in for management round twice last year

No3 was me.. erm.. still praying hard n getting more encouragement n advice fr tis forum!! hoho!!

No4 was out after the kebaya walk n b4 the skin check

Charlene was out after skin check.. Not too sure Y also.. as she mentioned she was always out during tis round.. remember?? Yup, then she went to tok to the beauticians for quite some time..

Yep.. tat is the update.. hee..

Let's jiayou together n don give up k!!!


I see, Alexis is number 5 rite?

You remember who i am? was very disappointed with my self on that day as i did a very bad intro. Could you let me know where was wrong with me? Think u'll know better cause you were in the room too.

Jia You!! :)
My dreams will all be fulfilled one day..


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests