Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Guest

Postby Guest » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 12:25 pm

Guest. wrote:
Evonne wrote:hey Girls, SIA is recruiting Flight Stewardess again! Go check out their website & apply!! Chances are here again! I am so happy!


I also went to their website. They're still recruiting Indian air stewardess.



mee too. Where did you get the info.?

fanny

Postby fanny » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 12:26 pm

Hi,can anyone share thier experience as an air stewardess? Like any weird encounters and overall how the job is like?
Can some one offer advice? I have got quite a lot of mosquito bite scars on my calves and my upper thighs has got two shades of colour because i went kayaking in beach shorts. Will it affect my chances of getting through the first few rounds?

fanny

Postby fanny » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 12:28 pm

hey guest above my post. are you planning to apply for sia? how old are you? what is your height? i would like to apply for sia too! :D

fanny

Postby fanny » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 12:41 pm

hi rach, do you happen to know a Pauline Goh and a Florence Foo in SIA? they are/were air stewardesses too.

minty

Postby minty » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 1:12 pm

hi, would like to see some pictures of air stewards and sir stewardesses but can't find on teh internet adn i seldom go to changi airport. would anyone mind to post them here? just would like to see the looks and figures that sia would employ
thks and have a nice day! :lol:

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 1:21 pm

minty wrote:hi, would like to see some pictures of air stewards and sir stewardesses but can't find on teh internet adn i seldom go to changi airport. would anyone mind to post them here? just would like to see the looks and figures that sia would employ
thks and have a nice day! :lol:


http://terrence.myonlineportal.com/gallery.htm

here are some pictures of the SQ Cabin Crew training, from a SIA Steward online journal.

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 1:24 pm

fanny wrote:Hi,can anyone share thier experience as an air stewardess? Like any weird encounters and overall how the job is like?
Can some one offer advice? I have got quite a lot of mosquito bite scars on my calves and my upper thighs has got two shades of colour because i went kayaking in beach shorts. Will it affect my chances of getting through the first few rounds?


go for nude tanning.

minty

Postby minty » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 1:34 pm

thanks a lot guest!

Greenfairy

JetStar interview

Postby Greenfairy » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 3:00 pm

Hi there, I just wanna share with you guys on wat I went through during JetStar interview.

1) Self intro. Smile & be natural. Dun look like u r debating.
2) The applicants will be grouped into 3s & will have to work together on a task. Like think of a ad for JetStar. Then you will need to act it out in front of everybody. While you were discussing the interviewer will be beside you & observe how u work with the group.
3) 1 to 1 interview. They just wanna know whether u r ready for the job. & there'll be some senario questions. & there'll be a roleplay to see whether you will be able to talk to a passenger.
4) Meeting with management.

I actually made it to JetStar but I turn down the job. As long as you make it to the 3rd stage, it's 90% that u r in already. I'll say that the interview is easy. They r looking for the rite atittude.

guest~

Re: Silkair Interview 2

Postby guest~ » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 3:13 pm

Hi Glower! Thanks for your reply. I understand that this is the procedure from my gf who is a Silkair flight attendant too. But the thing now is that for this 2nd interview, the letter did not state that we have to bring our swimming costumes which is why I am wondering what exactly has changed in the interview procedure.

Hopefully you will be able to answer me on this? Lotsa thanks!

Glower wrote:Hi, I am a silkair stewardess. 2 yrs back when i attended the interview it was like this:
1st round - at Mandarin Hotel 10 to 1, intro and read announcement
2nd round- at STC, measure your height again, 6 is to 1 open discussion, slight intro also
3rd round - tea break (during the tea break they will announce who to go to the next round)
4th round - Swimming and body check
5th round - at another office near Changi with mgmt people
one whole day
Most importantly, just be yourself, smile and do not act SMART and be humble. Do not go with painted red nails and thick make up and tie your hair in a bun, you will look like a wannabe and thats not what they want.
Good Luck and see you in Silkair if you can make it!


guest~ wrote:Hi ladies! I received an invitation from Silkair for the 2nd interview on this coming friday too! And boy! I am really excited, but, nervous about this at the same time! hehe.

I've a friend who is a Silkair flight attendant. What I know from her was that during the 2nd interview, a swimming test is actually conducted. But this time round, the letter did not state that we must bring our swimming costumes.

So...I wonder what's up for this 2nd round. Any idea anyone?

Guest

Re: JetStar interview

Postby Guest » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 3:22 pm

[quoteI actually made it to JetStar but I turn down the job. As long as you make it to the 3rd stage, it's 90% that u r in already. I'll say that the interview is easy. They r looking for the rite atittude.[/quote]

Hi,

Would you be able to share with us as to why you turned down the offer? Is it becos the remuneration is too low? The job ad. indicates S$23k as an annual package. Does this include allowances?

Many thanks!

Blur...

Re: Silkair Interview 2

Postby Blur... » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 3:31 pm

guest~ wrote:Hi Glower! Thanks for your reply. I understand that this is the procedure from my girlfriend who is a Silkair flight attendant too. But the thing now is that for this 2nd interview, the letter did not state that we have to bring our swimming costumes which is why I am wondering what exactly has changed in the interview procedure.

Hopefully you will be able to answer me on this? Lotsa thanks!

Glower wrote:Hi, I am a silkair stewardess. 2 yrs back when i attended the interview it was like this:
1st round - at Mandarin Hotel 10 to 1, intro and read announcement
2nd round- at STC, measure your height again, 6 is to 1 open discussion, slight intro also
3rd round - tea break (during the tea break they will announce who to go to the next round)
4th round - Swimming and body check
5th round - at another office near Changi with mgmt people
one whole day
Most importantly, just be yourself, smile and do not act SMART and be humble. Do not go with painted red nails and thick make up and tie your hair in a bun, you will look like a wannabe and thats not what they want.
Good Luck and see you in Silkair if you can make it!


guest~ wrote:Hi ladies! I received an invitation from Silkair for the 2nd interview on this coming friday too! And boy! I am really excited, but, nervous about this at the same time! hehe.

I've a friend who is a Silkair flight attendant. What I know from her was that during the 2nd interview, a swimming test is actually conducted. But this time round, the letter did not state that we must bring our swimming costumes.

So...I wonder what's up for this 2nd round. Any idea anyone?



Hi, I'm am new here. Just stumbled upon this website while surfing internet. Anyway, I went for the silkair interview last year aug, managed to get into 2nd round of interview only. During the 2nd round of interview, it's a one interviewee to 2 interviewers session where they will ask you questions like how is ur current job similar to flying? Then they will ask you to wait for their letter.

Hope this help.
Cheers!

guest~

Silkair 2nd interview

Postby guest~ » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 3:54 pm

thanks so much for your reply Blur...! guess they've most probably changed the procedure of the interview. =)

JustMe

Re: JetStar interview

Postby JustMe » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 4:32 pm

Greenfairy wrote:Hi there, I just want to share with you guys on wat I went through during JetStar interview.

1) Self intro. Smile & be natural. Dun look like u r debating.
2) The applicants will be grouped into 3s & will have to work together on a task. Like think of a ad for JetStar. Then you will need to act it out in front of everybody. While you were discussing the interviewer will be beside you & observe how u work with the group.
3) 1 to 1 interview. They just want to know whether u r ready for the job. & there'll be some senario questions. & there'll be a roleplay to see whether you will be able to talk to a passenger.
4) Meeting with management.

I actually made it to JetStar but I turn down the job. As long as you make it to the 3rd stage, it's 90% that u r in already. I'll say that the interview is easy. They r looking for the rite atittude.


Hey why did u reject the offer? Pay too low?

mariachy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 18 Mar 2005
Location: Holland Village

cabin crew

Postby mariachy » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 4:53 pm

23 for a girl is not too late. I used to fly for them for 6 years. Geez.. i was the happiest man on earth when I left. I mean its great to be flying around but the work this company put you thru is worst than being a slave. what the previous SIA girl said is everything but true!! poor girl, she must be paid to say such things. ALL my SIA friends are still complaining.
Live Life to the fullest! Try my Esalen Massage therapy!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests