Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat, 06 Jan 2007

Postby xanngac » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 4:34 pm

ben-yng wrote:
xanngac wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
RubyAngel wrote:Hi peepz,

Am new around here but i've been reading the forum for quite some time. Went for the 1 dec interview but got cut at the kabaya fitting round. It's my first time though, so I'm determined to try again.

I last measured that my height was 158cm, but during the first height measurement at the interview, she recorded me at 167.5cm, then the kabaya fitting measured me at 156.9cm! Sigh.... wondering if i got booted out for my height...

Vernie, You went to the STAR course right? any comment about the course? I've already sent my particulars, now waiting for the next course to start.


wondering what is STAR course..



Hey ben-ying,

STAR course is a prep course for those who want to be cabin crew. Can learn more about the jobscope and interview stuffs from this course. You can find out more about STAR course in the link below. :wink:

http://www.reddot.sg/star.html

So how's your vegan action coming along? :)


kinda hard to persist my idiot actions..(as what kind of actions I told u before hehe)..after knock off from a bz & stressful work become depress & tire..trying hard to release all my stress after work by swimming and japanese anime and reading this forum..anyway..i still doing my idiot actions..will check d details about STAR tonight..

how about you?? you are much more well-prepared than me~~



Not idiotic lah, it was a very nice of you to offer to do that and still persevere in doing it. :)

Exercising is good for de-stress, I haven't got the time to exercise for 2 weeks cause busy mugging for examinations. Don't be too depress, think of how wonderful it will be if you make it through the next recruitment. Haha I am thinking of that everyday, if not no motivation at all to study. As for preparation, haha haven't even started.. :oops:

Tomorrow's my last paper (yippee!) and after which I can start exercising and get myself ready mentally and physically for the next round of recruitment. Must get into tip-top condition while waiting.

You also k, don't let your current work drain you so much, if not when it's time for recruitment you will not be in your best condition. Jiayou! :wink:
And so my journey begins... :)

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 5:01 pm

To everyone in this forum... hehe....

I RECEIVED MY CALL!!!! I PASSED!!!

I'm starting on the 16th Jan..
Soaring above all

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 5:04 pm

ChLoeGer wrote:
pacficgal wrote:hi ppl.. i've rec the call from SIA tis afternoon.. my training wil start jan 16.. anyone also having the same training date?

ME TOO!!! where r u staying?? wanna meet first?


hey hey...

i get to be batchmates with you guys...
Soaring above all

ben-yng
Regular
Regular
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ben-yng » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 5:07 pm

xanngac wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
xanngac wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
RubyAngel wrote:Hi peepz,

Am new around here but i've been reading the forum for quite some time. Went for the 1 dec interview but got cut at the kabaya fitting round. It's my first time though, so I'm determined to try again.

I last measured that my height was 158cm, but during the first height measurement at the interview, she recorded me at 167.5cm, then the kabaya fitting measured me at 156.9cm! Sigh.... wondering if i got booted out for my height...

Vernie, You went to the STAR course right? any comment about the course? I've already sent my particulars, now waiting for the next course to start.


wondering what is STAR course..



Hey ben-ying,

STAR course is a prep course for those who want to be cabin crew. Can learn more about the jobscope and interview stuffs from this course. You can find out more about STAR course in the link below. :wink:

http://www.reddot.sg/star.html

So how's your vegan action coming along? :)


kinda hard to persist my idiot actions..(as what kind of actions I told u before hehe)..after knock off from a bz & stressful work become depress & tire..trying hard to release all my stress after work by swimming and japanese anime and reading this forum..anyway..i still doing my idiot actions..will check d details about STAR tonight..

how about you?? you are much more well-prepared than me~~



Not idiotic lah, it was a very nice of you to offer to do that and still persevere in doing it. :)

Exercising is good for de-stress, I haven't got the time to exercise for 2 weeks cause busy mugging for examinations. Don't be too depress, think of how wonderful it will be if you make it through the next recruitment. Haha I am thinking of that everyday, if not no motivation at all to study. As for preparation, haha haven't even started.. :oops:

Tomorrow's my last paper (yippee!) and after which I can start exercising and get myself ready mentally and physically for the next round of recruitment. Must get into tip-top condition while waiting.

You also k, don't let your current work drain you so much, if not when it's time for recruitment you will not be in your best condition. Jiayou! :wink:


tats why, i'm not in good condition o 1st Dec, nervous like hell and not even can talk well infront of juz 10 candidates & 2 panels..kns..reli kns..everytime recall it sure feel kns.

ermm..thinking to take first aid courses as well..i juz think that with that skill..we will stand a higher chance..ermm..anyone out there interested pls inform, we shall go together..

and..Xanngac..i'm now actually working hehe..reading this forum and deliver some msg and nonsense here is kinda stress-release haha..

ben-yng
Regular
Regular
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ben-yng » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 5:08 pm

VeniE wrote:To everyone in this forum... hehe....

I RECEIVED MY CALL!!!! I PASSED!!!

I'm starting on the 16th Jan..


see VeniE..I told u, u can definately make it..wat a good news/!!! altot it is raining cats & dogs outside..but ur gd news bring us a bright day.. Merry Xmas!!!!!!! wat a great gift..

aletheatan
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri, 07 Dec 2007

Congrats

Postby aletheatan » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 5:17 pm

CONGRATS VENIE!!! ;)

REALLIE HAPPY FOR U...U GIVE HOPE TO LOTSA PPLE IN THIS FORUM...

CHEERS!

hellokittylove
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon, 10 Dec 2007

Postby hellokittylove » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 5:17 pm

ben-yng wrote:
VeniE wrote:To everyone in this forum... hehe....

I RECEIVED MY CALL!!!! I PASSED!!!

I'm starting on the 16th Jan..


see VeniE..I told u, u can definately make it..wat a good news/!!! altot it is raining cats & dogs outside..but ur gd news bring us a bright day.. Merry Xmas!!!!!!! wat a great gift..


congrats!!!!!

poppinchampagne
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun, 09 Dec 2007

Postby poppinchampagne » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 5:18 pm

VeniE wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:
pacficgal wrote:hi ppl.. i've rec the call from SIA tis afternoon.. my training wil start jan 16.. anyone also having the same training date?

ME TOO!!! where r u staying?? wanna meet first?


hey hey...

i get to be batchmates with you guys...



not yet for me though.. sigh. =(

hellokittylove
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon, 10 Dec 2007

Postby hellokittylove » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 5:22 pm

omg! im so nervous for the coming mgmt interview.. hi venie..can i add u too?

ChLoeGer
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat, 08 Dec 2007

Postby ChLoeGer » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 5:23 pm

poppinchampagne wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:
pacficgal wrote:hi ppl.. i've rec the call from SIA tis afternoon.. my training wil start jan 16.. anyone also having the same training date?

ME TOO!!! where r u staying?? wanna meet first?


hi chloeger, when was ur management and medical test?


my management was on 1st Dec and medical on 04 Dec.. i received my call on 7th Dec! how about you? waiting for medical? have you try calling them?

ChLoeGer
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat, 08 Dec 2007

Postby ChLoeGer » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 5:25 pm

VeniE wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:
pacficgal wrote:hi ppl.. i've rec the call from SIA tis afternoon.. my training wil start jan 16.. anyone also having the same training date?

ME TOO!!! where r u staying?? wanna meet first?


hey hey...

i get to be batchmates with you guys...


congrats venie!!! 5^
HEHE! btw when do you think they will call us for bond signing? i wont be in SG frm 28 Dec to 13 Jan.. i should be able to sign on 14 or 15 rite?

User avatar
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat, 06 Jan 2007

Postby xanngac » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 5:27 pm

ben-yng wrote:
VeniE wrote:To everyone in this forum... hehe....

I RECEIVED MY CALL!!!! I PASSED!!!

I'm starting on the 16th Jan..


see VeniE..I told u, u can definately make it..wat a good news/!!! altot it is raining cats & dogs outside..but ur gd news bring us a bright day.. Merry Xmas!!!!!!! wat a great gift..


Congrats Venie!! Good things happen to those who believe and persevere. You are a motivation for the rest of us here. :D
And so my journey begins... :)

Piglet_23
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun, 29 Jul 2007

Postby Piglet_23 » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 5:27 pm

congrats venie!

fly high! :cool: :lol: cheers!
.*.Dare to Dream.*.

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 5:28 pm

hellokittylove wrote:omg! im so nervous for the coming mgmt interview.. hi venie..can i add u too?


have pm ya :wink:
Soaring above all

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 5:29 pm

ChLoeGer wrote:
VeniE wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:
pacficgal wrote:hi ppl.. i've rec the call from SIA tis afternoon.. my training wil start jan 16.. anyone also having the same training date?

ME TOO!!! where r u staying?? wanna meet first?


hey hey...

i get to be batchmates with you guys...


congrats venie!!! 5^
HEHE! btw when do you think they will call us for bond signing? i wont be in SG frm 28 Dec to 13 Jan.. i should be able to sign on 14 or 15 rite?


yup.. she said they will post us the contract and will call us to go sign sometime in jan..
Soaring above all


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests