Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
missy_ee
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby missy_ee » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:55 pm

starrynitezz wrote:missy_ee, can i just check from the 2nd interview to e finals round, how many days did they take to inform u? via call or email?

n is it true tt for those who failed the finals round, u can only try after 6 mths?

anyway, don give up n try again ba :)


Hi Starrynitezz, i too my 2nd round at sheraton hotel and mangement round at STC.
Actually the 6 mths ban is not true, i did ask the lady yest. and she said 2 months. But i don't think i will wait but go to the next walk in... :D

missy_ee
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby missy_ee » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:57 pm

VeniE wrote:
sakiya wrote:hi Venie,

can share with us, is it the course that help you pass through this time interview? my friend encourage me to go for this couse to improve on my presentation skill during interview. but the course fee a bit expensive lhe


the course did help me on my english.. the trainer told me that when i speak i do have the confidence but once i became comfortable, my singlish will come out.. and i tend to have many hand gestures as if i making roti prata (lolx!!), so trainer ask me to keep my hands by the side or keep your hands at your waist level hands together just like you see those newsreporters.. A good way to improve the way you speak is to watch the news reporters, be it when you're standing or sitting down.

i did enjoy my day there, made some friends there. the class wasn't very big, abt 10 ppl.. too big group very hard to coach. when you're there you can ask as many questions as you want to. the trainers are nice too.

If i'm not wrong there're 2 price, one is $120 (students & employed) and other one is $210(employed).. actually i only paid for $120..keke.. they dun check de..

overall i did enjoy myself there, at least i know better what i should keep a lookout for.. too bad the course is only 1 day..


Venie, I am the same as you. I talked with 'Roti Prata' hands yesterday and some of my singlish. I am gotta change when i go for the next walk in.

J.A.S
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 11 Dec 2007

Re: hello...

Postby J.A.S » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 1:04 pm

poppinchampagne wrote:
ktkhoo wrote:anyone here did your medical check-up in Nov 07 but still waiting for SIA to contact you?

any guys here?




yup, still waiting.. u too?
when was ur medical checkup?



I went for my medical on 5th Dec and the person called me yest and said tt i've cleared my medical. So i'll be starting my training next monday. Wat's the availability date u filled in? Maybe tts the reason y urs took so long? cos she told me tt they're clearing those who can start work immediately to start training soon.

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Re: hello...

Postby VeniE » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 1:32 pm

J.A.S wrote:
poppinchampagne wrote:
ktkhoo wrote:anyone here did your medical check-up in Nov 07 but still waiting for SIA to contact you?

any guys here?




yup, still waiting.. u too?
when was ur medical checkup?



I went for my medical on 5th Dec and the person called me yest and said tt i've cleared my medical. So i'll be starting my training next monday. Wat's the availability date u filled in? Maybe tts the reason y urs took so long? cos she told me tt they're clearing those who can start work immediately to start training soon.


Hey JAS,

do you know magdalene??
Soaring above all

hellokittylove
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon, 10 Dec 2007

Postby hellokittylove » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 1:33 pm

hi,

anyone rec calls from them for the mgmt interview?
so far we only have slots for wed

i have yet rec any calls =(

J.A.S
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 11 Dec 2007

Re: hello...

Postby J.A.S » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 1:42 pm

VeniE wrote:
J.A.S wrote:
poppinchampagne wrote:
ktkhoo wrote:anyone here did your medical check-up in Nov 07 but still waiting for SIA to contact you?

any guys here?




yup, still waiting.. u too?
when was ur medical checkup?



I went for my medical on 5th Dec and the person called me yest and said tt i've cleared my medical. So i'll be starting my training next monday. Wat's the availability date u filled in? Maybe tts the reason y urs took so long? cos she told me tt they're clearing those who can start work immediately to start training soon.


Hey JAS,

do you know magdalene??


Hi Vernie,

Sorry. I dont know Magdelene. Maybe I'll get to know her soon!!
Hope to see u soon Vernie!! I admire ur persistence gal. All the best for ur medical!

J.A.S
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 11 Dec 2007

Postby J.A.S » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 1:44 pm

anyone happen to have Mary's direct line? i need it urgently. i'm waiting for her email which by right should have received yest, but till nw i have yet to receive. appreciate ur help ladies. thank you

ktkhoo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 10 Dec 2007

Postby ktkhoo » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 2:29 pm

my apologies.... i thought some of you went for the KL interview last month... i am guessing all singaporeans here...right?

any malaysians?

nelo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon, 10 Dec 2007

Postby nelo » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 2:32 pm

Does a male stands a better chance then a female?
Can a 174cm male be accepted?

poppinchampagne
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun, 09 Dec 2007

Re: hello...

Postby poppinchampagne » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 2:35 pm

J.A.S wrote:
poppinchampagne wrote:
ktkhoo wrote:anyone here did your medical check-up in Nov 07 but still waiting for SIA to contact you?

any guys here?




yup, still waiting.. u too?
when was ur medical checkup?



I went for my medical on 5th Dec and the person called me yest and said tt i've cleared my medical. So i'll be starting my training next monday. Wat's the availability date u filled in? Maybe tts the reason y urs took so long? cos she told me tt they're clearing those who can start work immediately to start training soon.




my medical was on the 7th Dec and validity i filled was a month's notice in advance.

ben-yng
Regular
Regular
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ben-yng » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 3:33 pm

hellokittylove wrote:
missy_ee wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
salvana wrote:
missy_ee wrote:i'm back from management round and i am one of the 2-3 unlucky ones that did not get in. felt so disappointed.


Missy_ee,

I'm sorry to hear dat. Be strong and try again next time,k?
I'm sure u have wat it takes to be a cabin crew, or else you wun b able to go all the way to the mgmt round.
Dun give up, okie!

Do you have any idea what went wrong?

Well, I'll be attending my mgmt round this coming wednesday 9.15am.
Kinda nervous ... :-|


Missy_ee, whay went wrong?

I believe you have done a lot of preparation and able to go all the way to that far..try next time..u sure can make it..(there is a rumor that recruitment will be held on Jan again..)

salvana,

u too..ur hard works will definately bring u a great "xmas gift".. all the best..

cheer..


i also don't know i tink screw up the whole interview, coz i was nervous and i think i said the wrong things. Think cause i told them i hope to have my own label in the long run and i think they thought that i will eventually leave the airlines. they also ask me my ambition as a kid and i said teacher, i should say air stewardess.


hi,

i truly understand your disappointment. its like after so many hrs of waiting and anticipating, u are back to square 1, its super demoralising, but trust me. have faith in yourself, keep trying and trying, if its your dream, i am very sure one day you will get in.

it doesnt matter how many times you tried, as long as u get in.


did u smile alot during the interview?
and dressing?


ya.. we have friends from here who tried 6 times, 8 times, even 9 times..and finally they get in..

if is your dream, keep trying..leave no regret..

ben-yng
Regular
Regular
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ben-yng » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 3:41 pm

RubyAngel wrote:Hi peepz,

Am new around here but i've been reading the forum for quite some time. Went for the 1 dec interview but got cut at the kabaya fitting round. It's my first time though, so I'm determined to try again.

I last measured that my height was 158cm, but during the first height measurement at the interview, she recorded me at 167.5cm, then the kabaya fitting measured me at 156.9cm! Sigh.... wondering if i got booted out for my height...

Vernie, You went to the STAR course right? any comment about the course? I've already sent my particulars, now waiting for the next course to start.


wondering what is STAR course..

ben-yng
Regular
Regular
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ben-yng » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 3:43 pm

pacficgal wrote:hi ppl.. i've rec the call from SIA tis afternoon.. my training wil start jan 16.. anyone also having the same training date?


congra..do share with us more about training process~~..it is good for those wanna get in for knowing more about SIA..

User avatar
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat, 06 Jan 2007

Postby xanngac » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 4:00 pm

ben-yng wrote:
RubyAngel wrote:Hi peepz,

Am new around here but i've been reading the forum for quite some time. Went for the 1 dec interview but got cut at the kabaya fitting round. It's my first time though, so I'm determined to try again.

I last measured that my height was 158cm, but during the first height measurement at the interview, she recorded me at 167.5cm, then the kabaya fitting measured me at 156.9cm! Sigh.... wondering if i got booted out for my height...

Vernie, You went to the STAR course right? any comment about the course? I've already sent my particulars, now waiting for the next course to start.


wondering what is STAR course..



Hey ben-ying,

STAR course is a prep course for those who want to be cabin crew. Can learn more about the jobscope and interview stuffs from this course. You can find out more about STAR course in the link below. :wink:

http://www.reddot.sg/star.html

So how's your vegan action coming along? :)
And so my journey begins... :)

ben-yng
Regular
Regular
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ben-yng » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 4:10 pm

xanngac wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
RubyAngel wrote:Hi peepz,

Am new around here but i've been reading the forum for quite some time. Went for the 1 dec interview but got cut at the kabaya fitting round. It's my first time though, so I'm determined to try again.

I last measured that my height was 158cm, but during the first height measurement at the interview, she recorded me at 167.5cm, then the kabaya fitting measured me at 156.9cm! Sigh.... wondering if i got booted out for my height...

Vernie, You went to the STAR course right? any comment about the course? I've already sent my particulars, now waiting for the next course to start.


wondering what is STAR course..



Hey ben-ying,

STAR course is a prep course for those who want to be cabin crew. Can learn more about the jobscope and interview stuffs from this course. You can find out more about STAR course in the link below. :wink:

http://www.reddot.sg/star.html

So how's your vegan action coming along? :)


kinda hard to persist my idiot actions..(as what kind of actions I told u before hehe)..after knock off from a bz & stressful work become depress & tire..trying hard to release all my stress after work by swimming and japanese anime and reading this forum..anyway..i still doing my idiot actions..will check d details about STAR tonight..

how about you?? you are much more well-prepared than me~~


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest