Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Re: OMG all info gone!

Post by ben-yng » Wed, 05 Dec 2007 11:18 pm

xanngac wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
xanngac wrote: Hehe ben-ying dun get so violent la. Remember we must prepare ourselves for the next recruitment so must be demure heehee.

Sighs... How long more must we wait for the next recruitment?? 8-[
ya ya..

I apologize for my words~~I muz be demure~~we all muz be demure..

I alreeady start preparing for next interview..more on figure out how to improve my weakness..for first rnd, public speaking and formal English speaking..to achieve this, I stop listening to MP3 but listen to radio FM, listen to their conversation and ans them using proper english by myself (kinda idiot~~), and I speak English to most of the ppl during my work..but they using singlish most of the time..it is very hard for me for not to be affected..

there is rumor that recruitment will held again Jan 2008??!! Will you consider others airline??
Hehe don't worry, all the hard work will be worth it when you get selected, nobody will dare laugh at you for talking to the radio then. Continue to try to converse in proper english with them, you are practicing ma not them. Cannot give up k. :)

Ya rumoured but not sure if its really true... Seems like they recruited a lot of girls this time round, plus they are recruiting from other countries as well. Am worried that they might hit their quota for intake then they won't hold it so soon... :o

Nope not considering others, stick to SIA hehe. You intend to join others?
nope..I also stick to SIA. act..I like japanese food, cultures, and life..so peaceful..(altot in history, they r not that peace but i mean their lifestyle..), I intend to learn japanese language in near future (at age 25, kanasai damm old..), thinking that JAL also a good choice for me actually..but i dun have much time, i can only try 2 more rnd of SIA interview or until May, whichever come first..after that..i shall prepare for Aus study le..(if i din change my mind)..if this happen, my dream to tour the world will "ping pang"..like a mirror in broken pieces..

wondering y dun u try for others airline like Korean JAL Emirates..more chances for you to "sour"~~

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 05 Dec 2007 11:31 pm

ben-yng wrote:
xanngac wrote:
ben-yng wrote: ya ya..

I apologize for my words~~I muz be demure~~we all muz be demure..

I alreeady start preparing for next interview..more on figure out how to improve my weakness..for first rnd, public speaking and formal English speaking..to achieve this, I stop listening to MP3 but listen to radio FM, listen to their conversation and ans them using proper english by myself (kinda idiot~~), and I speak English to most of the ppl during my work..but they using singlish most of the time..it is very hard for me for not to be affected..

there is rumor that recruitment will held again Jan 2008??!! Will you consider others airline??
Hehe don't worry, all the hard work will be worth it when you get selected, nobody will dare laugh at you for talking to the radio then. Continue to try to converse in proper english with them, you are practicing ma not them. Cannot give up k. :)

Ya rumoured but not sure if its really true... Seems like they recruited a lot of girls this time round, plus they are recruiting from other countries as well. Am worried that they might hit their quota for intake then they won't hold it so soon... :o

nope..I also stick to SIA. act..I like japanese food, cultures, and life..so peaceful..(altot in history, they r not that peace but i mean their lifestyle..), I intend to learn japanese language in near future (at age 25, kanasai damm old..), thinking that JAL also a good choice for me actually..but i dun have much time, i can only try 2 more rnd of SIA interview or until May, whichever come first..after that..i shall prepare for Aus study le..(if i din change my mind)..if this happen, my dream to tour the world will "ping pang"..like a mirror in broken pieces..

wondering y dun u try for others airline like Korean JAL Emirates..more chances for you to "sour"~~
Haha dont say 25 old can..i happened to be 25 lor. I don't want to try other airlines cause I want to stay in SG. Plus I don't want budget airlines hahahaha.

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Wed, 05 Dec 2007 11:51 pm

xanngac wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
xanngac wrote: Hehe don't worry, all the hard work will be worth it when you get selected, nobody will dare laugh at you for talking to the radio then. Continue to try to converse in proper english with them, you are practicing ma not them. Cannot give up k. :)

Haha dont say 25 old can..i happened to be 25 lor. I don't want to try other airlines cause I want to stay in SG. Plus I don't want budget airlines hahahaha.
oo..is Korean JAL Emirates i budget airline?? i dunno about that..paiseh sops sops..anyway we both gambateh ya.. be cheers up if u r working now..as my current working environment..always stressful & depress..gambateh gambateh..

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 12:04 am

ben-yng wrote:
xanngac wrote:
ben-yng wrote: nope..I also stick to SIA. act..I like japanese food, cultures, and life..so peaceful..(altot in history, they r not that peace but i mean their lifestyle..), I intend to learn japanese language in near future (at age 25, kanasai damm old..), thinking that JAL also a good choice for me actually..but i dun have much time, i can only try 2 more rnd of SIA interview or until May, whichever come first..after that..i shall prepare for Aus study le..(if i din change my mind)..if this happen, my dream to tour the world will "ping pang"..like a mirror in broken pieces..

oo..is Korean JAL Emirates i budget airline?? i dunno about that..paiseh sops sops..anyway we both gambateh ya.. be cheers up if u r working now..as my current working environment..always stressful & depress..gambateh gambateh..
Nono Korean JAL Emirates not budget but mostly based overseas I don't want. So left SQ, Silkair, Jetstar and Tigerair which I definitely want to choose SQ over the rest. Don't want Tigerair cz budget airline. Silkair fly regional means allowance lower, Jetstar also ma.

Hee I quit my job in July am studying my ACCA full-time wanted to quit trying after booted out last Dec but decided that I cant give up. So after my exam next wk I'll be very free to prepare myself for the next round of interview.

Don't be depress la, actually work is stressful everywhere. What's important is your mindset. Jia you! :)

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 12:13 am

xanngac wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
xanngac wrote: Haha dont say 25 old can..i happened to be 25 lor. I don't want to try other airlines cause I want to stay in SG. Plus I don't want budget airlines hahahaha.
Nono Korean JAL Emirates not budget but mostly based overseas I don't want. So left SQ, Silkair, Jetstar and Tigerair which I definitely want to choose SQ over the rest. Don't want Tigerair cz budget airline. Silkair fly regional means allowance lower, Jetstar also ma.

Hee I quit my job in July am studying my ACCA full-time wanted to quit trying after booted out last Dec but decided that I cant give up. So after my exam next wk I'll be very free to prepare myself for the next round of interview.

Don't be depress la, actually work is stressful everywhere. What's important is your mindset. Jia you! :)
yaya..we must always aim the higghest the best..as well as choices..I understand it..tats my principle too..juz the problem of how tough I am going to be to pursue it hehe..

jealous..u can quit from job anytime and study full time without any worry..I cant..whatever costs it takes is on my own..i wanna quit this job but i cant..i wanna study & live abroad but i cant simply do that..wanna tour the world also failed once hehe..

i wish u success in next recruitment..mind to tell how long u r going to serve SIA as a cabin crew? will u take it as permanent job or you will go back to the field as what you are studying now?..

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 12:34 am

The previous thread getting too long haha.

Actually not too tough to quit though not recommended hehe. I didnt have much savings when I quit, did tuitions to sustain my expenses, which I must say is good money.

Thanks for your well wishes! :) Actually I'm looking at studying part-time while I fly, its going to be tough but can be done, just whether I am willing to sacrifice my free time or not. I am looking at maybe 5 yrs or more. Perhaps I might find other job opportunities while flying. So cant really tell, but of course if they ask me, I'm going to tell them I'm looking at long term. Haha I'll do anything to get in! :oops:

I believe you can make it if you put in really hard work. Efforts show. :)

junie85

Post by junie85 » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 1:58 am

failed the first rd at the dec 1 interview.. my first time trying for it n guess I dun hv the confidence to talk and smile at the same time...

waited for 2.5hrs just to speak for 1 min and the next min, u r out...

pacficgal

Post by pacficgal » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 7:49 am

hi.. may i koe roughly how long does it takes for SIA to call u after u've done your medical tests?

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 9:02 am

junie85 wrote:failed the first rd at the dec 1 interview.. my first time trying for it n guess I dun hv the confidence to talk and smile at the same time...

waited for 2.5hrs just to speak for 1 min and the next min, u r out...
come on come on.. :D i failed as well..but do u wanna challenge me for waiting about 5 hours?? hehe..am group #59 ler..

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 10:15 am

I'm out too for the walk-in... =/

Was too nervous that i screw up ... haiz..

Next time will be well prepared for it and hopefully they still hold a massive recruitment.. so the chances of getting in is high.. =D

Good luck to those having their mgmt round... One more step and u reach ur dream.. ^^ Jia you...

As for the rest who never get in like me... Don give up... keep on trying until our age kick us out... ^^

i believe with our determination...one day.. our dream will come true =D

** Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

skinny

Please Help

Post by skinny » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 12:05 pm

Hey,

Those who got the call/email yesterday for this coming friday's interview, is it just 1-to-1 interview or BOTH 1-to-1 PLUS Management Interview?

And,
What's to be expected from the Management Interview?
Does SIA still conduct WCT?

Any kind soul who can provide any help?
Replies will be appreciated.

Thanks.

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 12:10 pm

Don't give up people at least you all still have more years to try than I do, I am already going to be 26 next year. :-|
Nonetheless, we must keep trying cause every failure will only make us stronger if we learn from our experience.
Giving up means 0% of success, if you try, its at least 50% of success. :wink:

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Please Help

Post by xanngac » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 12:19 pm

skinny wrote:Hey,

Those who got the call/email yesterday for this coming friday's interview, is it just 1-to-1 interview or BOTH 1-to-1 PLUS Management Interview?

And,
What's to be expected from the Management Interview?
Does SIA still conduct WCT?

Any kind soul who can provide any help?
Replies will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Hey skinny, I only know that they took out WCT from interview already, think its going to be part of the training.

As for mgmt interview, from the prev few threads (that was deleted thanks to the database corruption..) the usual questions like:

Tell me about yourself, your family, prev job (somewhere along this line)
How do you think you can contribute to SIA
Why do you want to be an air stewardess
What are your strengths and weaknesses

Perhaps also questions like "What will you do if you spilled hot water on a passenger?" that kind of scenario. That's all I can remember from reading of previous threads perhaps those who went for the interview might be able to advise you better.

Hope this helps. :)

skinny

Thanks

Post by skinny » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 2:32 pm

xanngac, thanks

Anyone can provide help for the questions that may be asked?

skinny

help

Post by skinny » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 3:53 pm

one more thing xanngac, you mentioned that mgmt interview will ask me those questions, then what about 1-to-1 interview?

what's the difference between this two? i don't quite get it.

anyone can clarify? urgent, thanks!