Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 2:11 pm

coldfire wrote:
VeniE wrote:
coldfire wrote:Hey everyone..

Just like to know how long SIA will take to reply us via email once we've sent in our application through write-in if we are selected?

Also, will they conduct any walk-ins in the near future still?

Thanks in advance!
yup they will still conduct walk-in interviews. heard that the next one is in oct/nov.

as for how long they will reply, differs for each individual. some of them got a invitation within the same day. that time i got it 2 days after i sent in.

I think probably there's too many applicants that's why it differs. Anyway if you weren't selected this time round dun be too dishearten, can always try for the next walk-ins yea...

and there's so many airlines recruiting cabin crews, you may also wanna try for other airlines too..
Hey Vernie

Thanks for your reply! :)

I agree that the reason for the delay may be because of the overwhelming number of applicants as I've noticed applicants from other countries are also requested to send their applications to the same email address. I'll just try for the walk-in if i get no reply.

Another thing, is the 6-month bar really true? It seems there are girls trying for every interview this year but nothing has been mentioned about the bar to them. Also, the SIA website made no mention of it. Frankly, if I wasn't reading this forum, I wouldn't know it too. That's why it's making me quite puzzled. Hmm...

In any case, I'll just keep my fingers crossed. Thanks once again!
from what i know, there's this 6 months bar thingy if you fail at mgmt round. but if you fail at any other rounds you can always try the next recruitment, you need to wait for 6 months den try.

last time (i think 1 or 2 years back) i saw it mentioned on the SIA website about the bar thingy but i think they took it down. but there was a girl who recently failed at the mgmt round ask the HP lady about the 6 months bar and she said yes have to wait for 6 months before trying again.
Soaring above all

coldfire

Post by coldfire » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:40 pm

VeniE wrote:
from what i know, there's this 6 months bar thingy if you fail at mgmt round. but if you fail at any other rounds you can always try the next recruitment, you need to wait for 6 months den try.

last time (i think 1 or 2 years back) i saw it mentioned on the SIA website about the bar thingy but i think they took it down. but there was a girl who recently failed at the mgmt round ask the HP lady about the 6 months bar and she said yes have to wait for 6 months before trying again.
Well Venie..

Seems like it didn't work out for me via the write-in. Today is Day 3 for me. Should I resend my application after a week or two, or just wait for the walk-in? I don't want to irritate them too much.

Anyway, are you already in SQ?

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Fri, 21 Sep 2007 8:54 am

coldfire wrote:
VeniE wrote:

Well Venie..

Seems like it didn't work out for me via the write-in. Today is Day 3 for me. Should I resend my application after a week or two, or just wait for the walk-in? I don't want to irritate them too much.

Anyway, are you already in SQ?

Whahahaha.... you're not the first one who said that... No.... I'm still trying for it... a lot of info is through research via the net... this forum is does also provide a lot of info... if you're free do read thru yea... :D
Soaring above all

lovelorn

Post by lovelorn » Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:30 am

hie peeps! i've alr completed my application form.. am sending it via online. i was told that if i was shortlisted for interview, they will call or mail me right. but what if i don't? will they inform me that my application failed or just leave me hanging?hahah! and btw.. do we insert passport photo or just any color face shot? dont mind me asking.. first time trying. heh :lol:

lovelorn

Post by lovelorn » Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:32 am

OH YESSS. another thing.. what about the 6 months bar thing? which round is the mgmt round??

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:23 pm

lovelorn wrote:hie peeps! i've alr completed my application form.. am sending it via online. i was told that if i was shortlisted for interview, they will call or mail me right. but what if i don't? will they inform me that my application failed or just leave me hanging?hahah! and btw.. do we insert passport photo or just any color face shot? dont mind me asking.. first time trying. heh :lol:
lovelorn wrote:OH YESSS. another thing.. what about the 6 months bar thing? which round is the mgmt round??

No. As mentioned on SIA website, "only shortlisted applicants will be notified".

Mgmt round is the last round of the interview.

The usual process goes like this:

Round 1: Mass intro in a group of 10 ppl interviewed by 2 HR personnel
Round 2: (applicable for ladies only) Kebaya testing & Skin check
Round 3: 1 to 1 interview
Round 4: (falls on different day) Water confident test (WCT)
Round 5: Mgmt interview (like a panel interview)

After you pass all 5 rounds, you will go for your medical check up. Unless you have some health problems which will affect your job as a cabin crew, there shouldn't be any problem passing it.

Surprisingly for this time send in application, there's no WCT. Good luck!!!

Other info please search through the forum, you can get lots of info here.
Soaring above all

lovelorn

Post by lovelorn » Fri, 21 Sep 2007 4:01 pm

thank you soo much! appreciate it. take care! :)

coldfire

Post by coldfire » Sat, 22 Sep 2007 5:57 pm

Surprise surprise..

I just got an invitation for the interview this tuesday. We'll see how it goes. Thanks Venie, you've been a great help! :D

lovelorn

Post by lovelorn » Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:36 pm

congrats coldfire! wahh so excitingg!! i have yet to send my application.. but i will soon. Heh. is this your first time trying out?it is for me..hehe. good luck for tuesday! :) : :)

coldfire

Post by coldfire » Sun, 23 Sep 2007 1:52 am

lovelorn wrote:congrats coldfire! wahh so excitingg!! i have yet to send my application.. but i will soon. Heh. is this your first time trying out?it is for me..hehe. good luck for tuesday! :) : :)
Hey Lovelorn.. thanks!

I've been to the walk-in in Apr.. got to Kebaya then.. not too sure why I got booted out also.. but only 1 out of 10 of us got thru.. guess I still can improve..

But I know the road is long.. nothing is certain until the very end.. I'm hoping for the very best! :wink:

**Kudos to those who have persevered and are still perservering.. it isn't easy but u guys have truely been an inspiration.. keep on keeping on! :)

lovelorn

Post by lovelorn » Sun, 23 Sep 2007 2:13 pm

yeah. totally! i sent my application already.. im not too confident for the kebaya testing round, honestly. i am..how should i put this.. bootylicious? hahahah! not fat. just curvy. so far i've seen really model-esque stewardess around.. but i really dont know.. i'll take whatever that comes my way. all the best to you, darl. xoxo :)

coldfire

Post by coldfire » Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:53 pm

lovelorn wrote:yeah. totally! i sent my application already.. im not too confident for the kebaya testing round, honestly. i am..how should i put this.. bootylicious? hahahah! not fat. just curvy. so far i've seen really model-esque stewardess around.. but i really dont know.. i'll take whatever that comes my way. all the best to you, darl. xoxo :)
Well, I try to observe those who got in to make some comparisons and to narrow down the type of girls SIA may be looking for. Unfortunately, only one girl got in from my group so there wasn't much comparison to make. I tried to linger around a little while longer to see the next group's fitting but we were quickly ushered out of the room so no luck there as well.

In the end, I spent some time at the airport just to look at the SQ air stewardesses and studied the way they walk, their posture and basically how they carry themselves. I'm not saying that it'll definitely put me through to the next round but maybe you might want to do the same to gain more knowledge & confidence during the kebaya fitting.

About being bootylicious, don't worry too much about that. The one girl that got thru to the next round had some junk in the trunk too. :) She wasn't exactly the slimmest or the prettiest but I must say she had a certain poise and x-factor. I guess that's what put her above the rest.

I wish you all the best too! You go, girl! 8-)

dilemma gal

Post by dilemma gal » Mon, 24 Sep 2007 9:23 am

hi sorry for late reply... what do you want to ask me regarding???
saken83 wrote::D hey dilemma gal, can you PM me? i have something to ask you.. oh but then again.. if i cant pm you.. will i be able to reply ur pm?

:roll:

saken83

Post by saken83 » Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:00 am

8-) Oh i wanted to ask you if u managed to find anyone from the same batch as you :lol:
dilemma gal wrote:hi sorry for late reply... what do you want to ask me regarding???
saken83 wrote::D hey dilemma gal, can you PM me? i have something to ask you.. oh but then again.. if i cant pm you.. will i be able to reply ur pm?

:roll:

missy_a

Post by missy_a » Tue, 25 Sep 2007 5:05 pm

hi gals, do not be despaired if u do not get thru. keep trying and never give up on ur dream to be a SIA cabin crew.

they do not just go for looks. i feel its more of wads beneath the smile. so wad if u have a pretty face n best body but u cannot work?

cabin crew work reali hard onboard. its not jus a smile smile kinda job tat pays u to travel and see the world.

before u go for the interview, perhaps u shld ask urself if u r prepared to work reali hard anot.

with the right attitude, there shldnt be any problem getting thru the interview.

All the best to u gals!! :)