Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
reydevan

Postby reydevan » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 1:27 pm

Hi there, i read tru alot of pages in this thread but i have a Q to ask anyways....Sorry if it has been asked b4.....i have an operation scar runnin down from mi upper chest to lower chest....Will this reali bring down my chances of being a FA? i was tinking of using a concealer to hide it.....are they particular about this?

I can swim, i can look good w make-up, i got A for my English for O levels n mi figure isnt great but nt too bad....but i m concerned abt mi scar....geez.....

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 2:17 pm

can your scar be covered fully by the kebaya? if not, i'm afraid that is something they are particular about - scars not able to be covered by the kebaya.. they have several skin checks and all of them have something in common - checking for visible scars..
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

reydevan

Postby reydevan » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 2:41 pm

dont tink so...i mean the top part...the bottom part is covered le.....can i use concealer for the visible part??? Which part is that scar check? b4 or after the water test? :-|

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Postby CelT » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 3:14 pm

Dear girl,

skin check will be done during kebaya round & after the jump into the pool.....u can go try it out nevertheless...no harm, at least you wont be sitting here thinking if u can make it anot....even if things did not turn out to what you hope....u tried at least....if you are really into this profession, u may want to go do something about the scar not covered by kebaya..before the next recruitment...some cosmetic surgery or something....but that may incurred some cost... :)
.CEL.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 3:59 pm

yeahh.. or you can also consider other airlines.
do try out nevertheless! there's a write in recruitment on going now :)

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Postby CelT » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 4:03 pm

Dear xmischax,

why do u think they have a write in directly after the walk in?
i was quite puzzled...wondering if they will shortlist those who went for the walk-in? :?
.CEL.

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Postby CelT » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 4:05 pm

Anyway, dear reydevan....

Emirates is holding a walk in on 1 sept....furama waterfront hotel...from 9am to 4pm....

JAL is recruiting....write in application...by 4 october...i am not too sure...u can check out at JAL webby :)
.CEL.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 4:05 pm

CelT wrote:Dear xmischax,

why do u think they have a write in directly after the walk in?
i was quite puzzled...wondering if they will shortlist those who went for the walk-in? :?

im sure they will!
they are in need of a lot of crew. you probably already know the two obvious reasons why!
:lol:

reydevan

Postby reydevan » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 4:08 pm

Haha, alright, tkx for the info n encouragement peeps....one last Q...is the skin check done immediately after the water test or they let u change 1st? Cos if tat's the case, the concealer might just wear off makin the scar more visible.... if not i might still have a chance to touch up on the scar to make it less obvious... :D

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Postby CelT » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 4:21 pm

dear reydevan,

skin check will be done after the pool jump immediately...they wont allow u to change...as they will want to see yr skin & figure more clearly when u r putting on less clothings...best chance for them to scrutinise you!
.CEL.

reydevan

Postby reydevan » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 5:00 pm

yeah heard about the JAL one....but they need you to speak Eng n Mandarin....Mandarin for wat?? I know other second languages tho... beats me....i cant speak Mandarin....As for Emirates, i dont wan to b based in Dubai leh....hah

patterious

Postby patterious » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 6:09 pm

reydevan wrote:yeah heard about the JAL one....but they need you to speak Eng n Mandarin....Mandarin for wat?? I know other second languages tho... beats me....i cant speak Mandarin....As for Emirates, i dont wan to b based in Dubai leh....hah

They need Mandarin speaking crew to make Mandarin PA on flight.
-_-

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 7:26 pm

reydevan wrote:yeah heard about the JAL one....but they need you to speak Eng n Mandarin....Mandarin for wat??

For those Chinese Singaporeans whose English is not too good (like most of the Singapore populace so I am told). :P

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Postby downtown » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 7:31 pm

Plavt wrote:
For those Chinese Singaporeans whose English is not too good (like most of the Singapore populace so I am told). :P

i am looking forward towards it :lol:

hoofmaker

Postby hoofmaker » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 8:02 pm

Chinese speaking crew to make Mandarin PA on flight.

On the other hand, english speaking is also very essential.

They only chose girls who are able to speak good english.