Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
reizo
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu, 02 Aug 2007

Postby reizo » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 2:05 pm

hi jingjing...

I'm not sure how thick/thin your make-up has to be coz I'm male! lol... Perhaps you can ask anyone who had applied FSS before. They're the best person to ask. But personally I think as long as your scar is not that visible, you should be fine ba... :D

starie
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon, 16 Jul 2007

Postby starie » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 2:58 pm

i really dont know to try for this august intake not as i was told to try again 6 months later. was booted out at the management round thats why.
=\
anybody here know of anybody who were given a chance to try out? ):

reizo
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu, 02 Aug 2007

Postby reizo » Tue, 07 Aug 2007 1:19 am

hi starie....

I should think the 6-mth thing is there for a reason. Some ppl say its there coz the management dosen't want to be interviewing the same ppl over and over again. Although I know its tempting for you to go again...

But you mentioned you got till the final interview. So I supposed you've already got 90% of what it takes to be a SQ girl. You should use the 6-months to work out the remaining 10%.

I'm sure with hard work and determination, you should and would have NO problems in realising your dreams! Jiayou!!! :D

reizo
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu, 02 Aug 2007

Postby reizo » Tue, 07 Aug 2007 8:26 pm

hi all...

This is so infuriating... After waiting for about 1 week, I finally received a call from HR. So I supposed I passed the medical but they need me to submit my certificate of service from my NS. I don't have it on hand ans so I called the NS dept and the thing is, it takes FOREVER for them to give me the COS.

Man... So near yet so far!

I'm already so bored to death at home and hoped to be able to make it for the 23rd intake.

God... please help me! :?

milliondollarbaby
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 08 Aug 2007
Location: singapore

Postby milliondollarbaby » Wed, 08 Aug 2007 1:09 am

reizo wrote:hi all...

This is so infuriating... After waiting for about 1 week, I finally received a call from HR. So I supposed I passed the medical but they need me to submit my certificate of service from my NS. I don't have it on hand ans so I called the NS dept and the thing is, it takes FOREVER for them to give me the COS.

Man... So near yet so far!

I'm already so bored to death at home and hoped to be able to make it for the 23rd intake.

God... please help me! :?


yea i totally understand you.
im in the same situation now. problem is i failed something in my exams and ive to repeat another semester to get my transcript. so i can only start training in january next year. they asked me to give them a call after which they will schedule a review session for me.

anyone has any idea whats a review session like? is my chance of getting in high? im quite anxious bout it. please help whoever has any idea bout this. thanks :)

starie
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon, 16 Jul 2007

Postby starie » Wed, 08 Aug 2007 2:41 am

reizo wrote:hi starie....

I should think the 6-mth thing is there for a reason. Some ppl say its there coz the management dosen't want to be interviewing the same ppl over and over again. Although I know its tempting for you to go again...

But you mentioned you got till the final interview. So I supposed you've already got 90% of what it takes to be a SQ girl. You should use the 6-months to work out the remaining 10%.

I'm sure with hard work and determination, you should and would have NO problems in realising your dreams! Jiayou!!! :D


ya true. oh well. haha. thanks alot for the encouragement (:

milliondollarbaby
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 08 Aug 2007
Location: singapore

Postby milliondollarbaby » Wed, 08 Aug 2007 8:05 am

hey there garlic..
sorry cant reply u privately.

anyway, yea i did go for my medical. i cleared medical and was supposed to start this 23rd then they asked me to produce my final transcript which i dont ve yet. so yea they told me to call back in dec. what did they tell u exactly? maybe u could email them and clarify?

milliondollarbaby
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 08 Aug 2007
Location: singapore

Postby milliondollarbaby » Wed, 08 Aug 2007 3:10 pm

to garlic,

im a newbie so i cant reply to u privately. maybe you can gimme an email add? cos i ve alot to share. i went for my management on 23rd as well. what time is yr slot? mine is 845 am.

milliondollarbaby
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 08 Aug 2007
Location: singapore

Postby milliondollarbaby » Wed, 08 Aug 2007 7:42 pm

hey yes me too! i went for the wct on 18th as well. which one are u?

milliondollarbaby
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 08 Aug 2007
Location: singapore

Postby milliondollarbaby » Wed, 08 Aug 2007 8:40 pm

hey garlic email me at limyubao@gmail.com : )

veryscary
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri, 20 Apr 2007

Postby veryscary » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 8:07 pm

I went for medical check up few days ago, the doctor asked me if I have surgery or operation before, I told her I have LASIK surgery last year and she wrote down as a remark.
Last edited by veryscary on Tue, 04 Sep 2007 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:12 pm

veryscary wrote:I went for medical check up few days ago, the doctor asked me if I have surgery or operation before, I told her I have LASIK surgery last year and she wrote down as a remark. Will it jeopardize my meedical report? Anyone can give me an answer? :shock:



Doubt it; the whole purpose of Lasik is to improve vision or correct an optical defect is it not? Therefore if something is improved or corrected it should not count against you unless there are factors involved you haven't stated.

Have a look at the following, particularly the first might help;

http://www.optimax.co.uk/default.aspx?page=7150

http://wpmc1.wpafb.af.mil/refrac_surg/faq.htm

downtown
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby downtown » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 2:48 pm

i damn shui...first round interview failed ..first question no time to think...wonder if the next round is more difficult...too many competitors

downtown
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby downtown » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 2:51 pm

jetstar require experience... :-| i rather fly back hong kong to work as cathay cabin crew

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed, 19 Jul 2006
Location: singapore

Postby love`Qoo » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 7:28 pm

cant wait for the recruitment :twisted: can the days pass more quickly


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests