Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
zcarina
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri, 30 Mar 2007

Postby zcarina » Mon, 30 Jul 2007 9:36 am

Hey.. wanna check.. is SIA very particular abt teeth in their selection process?? Does yr teeth need to b straight n sparkling white?? Coz that is one of the similarities I see in SIA girls.. tks

Indignant
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri, 27 Jul 2007

Postby Indignant » Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:23 am

Hmm.. guys/girls, any tips on management interview?

oohlala
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue, 22 May 2007

Postby oohlala » Mon, 30 Jul 2007 4:27 pm

Indignant wrote:Hmm.. guys/girls, any tips on management interview?


Hey indignant, when is your mgt int?

Dress appropriately(formal).
It's best to be positive in watever you say.
Read up on the company info.. (One of the girls in my grp was asked on sia core values).
SMILE~ :D

veryscary
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri, 20 Apr 2007

Postby veryscary » Mon, 30 Jul 2007 9:24 pm

Hi Red Wine, after you got your cert, you have to call or email them, they will arrange a date for you to submit them the cert in STC. For me, I have no time to go down there, I just fax to them. After that, called them to confirm.

veryscary
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri, 20 Apr 2007

Postby veryscary » Mon, 30 Jul 2007 9:28 pm

Ferrin, I am not in the training now. I still haven't go for the medical check up. Have to wait for them to get back to me after submitting the cert. I submitted last friday, called them today to confirm and they said will get back to me. So you have finished your medical check up? If not, your situation will be same as mine I guess. have to go for the course, submit the cert and then go for medical check up if manage to pass the special interview.

Ferrin
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri, 27 Jul 2007

Postby Ferrin » Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:14 pm

veryscary wrote:Ferrin, I am not in the training now. I still haven't go for the medical check up. Have to wait for them to get back to me after submitting the cert. I submitted last friday, called them today to confirm and they said will get back to me. So you have finished your medical check up? If not, your situation will be same as mine I guess. have to go for the course, submit the cert and then go for medical check up if manage to pass the special interview.


Hi veryscary, i already done with my medical check up, but the result of the check up is not out yet. i Called STC today, the cabin crew executive told me tat they will only review the cert, no extra interview will be conduct. What they wan is juz a cert. :)
However, she told me tat as my medical result is not out yet, i m still not confirmed as a cabin crew, thus she asked me dun go for course 1st... :roll:
Look forward for ur reply of the result ;)

User avatar
mouse
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue, 27 Sep 2005

Postby mouse » Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:35 pm

zcarina wrote:Hey.. wanna check.. is SIA very particular abt teeth in their selection process?? Does yr teeth need to b straight n sparkling white?? Coz that is one of the similarities I see in SIA girls.. tks


Some say they are particular about it, some say no. Though you can see most of them with straight teeth and spotted a minority with slightly crooked teeth. I have this problem and hence decided to have them done up with braces. Gonna wait till next march before my braces are off and will start to go for interviews!

Hold to your dream, people! :D

Indignant
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri, 27 Jul 2007

Postby Indignant » Tue, 31 Jul 2007 8:49 am

oohlala wrote:
Hey indignant, when is your mgt int?

Dress appropriately(formal).
It's best to be positive in watever you say.
Read up on the company info.. (One of the girls in my grp was asked on sia core values).
SMILE~ :D


Hmm... It's tmr. Took note of your pointers. What are the kinds of questions that you got? Getting really panicky now. :-|

oohlala
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue, 22 May 2007

Postby oohlala » Tue, 31 Jul 2007 2:22 pm

Indignant wrote:Hmm... It's tmr. Took note of your pointers. What are the kinds of questions that you got? Getting really panicky now. :-|


well. it varies for everyone. but in general..
firstly they will ask more about u n ur family.
ur strengths n weaknesses.
den your current job. n y the switch.
followed by wat you noe about being a cabin crew..
are you prepared.. where do u c urself in 5 or 10 years..
wat if your're not successful.. any family plans.

hope this helps :) n good luck~

oohlala
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue, 22 May 2007

Postby oohlala » Tue, 31 Jul 2007 2:25 pm

ferrin & veryscary..

both of you mentioned about calling stc..
can you pm me the number?
it's my 13th day. n i getting really anxious.
most of my group mates have gotten their call. :(
thanks.

Indignant
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri, 27 Jul 2007

Postby Indignant » Tue, 31 Jul 2007 2:46 pm

oohlala wrote:well. it varies for everyone. but in general..
firstly they will ask more about u n ur family.
ur strengths n weaknesses.
den your current job. n y the switch.
followed by wat you noe about being a cabin crew..
are you prepared.. where do u c urself in 5 or 10 years..
wat if your're not successful.. any family plans.

hope this helps :) n good luck~


Hmm.. ok then~! Thank you so much! :D

veryscary
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri, 20 Apr 2007

Postby veryscary » Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:14 pm

Hi Ferrin, I have not done with my medical check up yet. During the management round, the lady told me they only need the cert and no more interview for me.. :roll: Well... I think what I can do now is wait for their call.
Last edited by veryscary on Tue, 04 Sep 2007 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Greenlife
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon, 20 Feb 2006
Contact:

Postby Greenlife » Wed, 01 Aug 2007 9:06 am

Dear Verscary,

Could you tell me the English course code you have attended at MDIS because I tend to register for the course too. I checked on their website but coudnt find any english course.

Thanks

Cheers
Greenlife

User avatar
theknees
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon, 19 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby theknees » Wed, 01 Aug 2007 9:25 am

Indignant wrote:Hmm.. guys/girls, any tips on management interview?


say the right things, even if you have to lie :)
know why you want the job, and show it.
good luck!
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

Ferrin
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri, 27 Jul 2007

Postby Ferrin » Wed, 01 Aug 2007 1:39 pm

oohlala wrote:ferrin & veryscary..

both of you mentioned about calling stc..
can you pm me the number?
it's my 13th day. n i getting really anxious.
most of my group mates have gotten their call. :(
thanks.


Hi oohlala,
Hav u received their call?? hai... my management and medical round was done on the 27th July, i noe its still early, but i m juz so impatient!!! Pls let me noe when u all received the training date :(


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests