Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
CelT
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed, 02 May 2007

Postby CelT » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 4:23 pm

Dear [b]Ruriko, starie, fluffyclouds & Ohlala[/b]....
all the best for tmr ya!

By the way, are you all working? how many month notice did u state on your application form for the 15th July 2007 recruitment? :)

Greenlife....take it easy...ya...*smile*...
.CEL.

oohlala
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue, 22 May 2007

Postby oohlala » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 4:41 pm

starie wrote:hey who's going tml? for the water confidence? :D


hie starie,

im going! :)
any idea how to get there?

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 4:45 pm

CelT wrote:Dear [b]Ruriko, starie, fluffyclouds & Ohlala[/b]....
all the best for tmr ya!

By the way, are you all working? how many month notice did u state on your application form for the 15th July 2007 recruitment? :)

Greenlife....take it easy...ya...*smile*...


hey CeIT... i think usually is one month ba... anyway if u mgmt to pass all the interviews they will wait till u finish notice den arrange you for training de...
Soaring above all

oohlala
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue, 22 May 2007

Postby oohlala » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 4:45 pm

Eveningstar wrote:Congrats for getting thru to WCT. There will be another round of skin check and catwalk after the big jump, cept that you will be in swim wear this time. it's scary because the floor is wet, so gotta be careful! Too much makeup is dangerous because it might smudge. try to avoid eye makeup. concealer and foundation is ok, it's just a jump and after that you juz do a backstroke so your face should be pretty fine. =P i have scars and a huge pimple that day, but still pass. You'll be fine! dun worry, just be confident keep smiling still!



oohlala wrote:Hey ruriko n fluffyclouds,

i got in as well. my wct is this tuesday too. :)
im pretty nervous. futhermore wct n mgt int on the same day.

Any tips for mgt int??
Will there be another skin check during wct?
And will they check for marks on the legs?

ahh. im still worried. im thankful n was surprised to get thru the kebaya round despite the marks n pigment spots tt i have.


Thanks Eveningstar for the advice. :D
Im just worried abt the skin check.
During the kebaya skin check they looked at my skin as if nothing was wrong. I did tell the beautician abt my pigment spots n marks. But she claimed tt i need not worry abt it.

Anyway any tips for the management int?

oohlala
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue, 22 May 2007

Postby oohlala » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 4:47 pm

Thank you Celt..
am not working currently so i just state my availability as immediate.

im just 18 anyway. :)

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed, 06 Jun 2007

Postby Eveningstar » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 5:06 pm

I was dead worried too, so during the catwalk at the WCT, i smiled like there's no tomorrow. HAHA! =X

uhm for management interview, it varies from interviewees. be very careful of wut u say, if u said that u encountered difficult situations before, be prepared to answer how u solved it. and they might also ask about what qualities u have... how will u react in a tight situation... they also asked me on what is it about me that will make ppl like me, even without me opening my mouth. i almost faint at that qn. LOL i think whatever your answer is, just be positive, pleasant, keep smiling, talk with confidence and show them your great personality. Good luck!!! sleep early, rest well! and dress smartly for the mgt interview.



oohlala wrote:
Eveningstar wrote:Congrats for getting thru to WCT. There will be another round of skin check and catwalk after the big jump, cept that you will be in swim wear this time. it's scary because the floor is wet, so gotta be careful! Too much makeup is dangerous because it might smudge. try to avoid eye makeup. concealer and foundation is ok, it's just a jump and after that you juz do a backstroke so your face should be pretty fine. =P i have scars and a huge pimple that day, but still pass. You'll be fine! dun worry, just be confident keep smiling still!



oohlala wrote:Hey ruriko n fluffyclouds,

i got in as well. my wct is this tuesday too. :)
im pretty nervous. futhermore wct n mgt int on the same day.

Any tips for mgt int??
Will there be another skin check during wct?
And will they check for marks on the legs?

ahh. im still worried. im thankful n was surprised to get thru the kebaya round despite the marks n pigment spots tt i have.


Thanks Eveningstar for the advice. :D
Im just worried abt the skin check.
During the kebaya skin check they looked at my skin as if nothing was wrong. I did tell the beautician abt my pigment spots n marks. But she claimed tt i need not worry abt it.

Anyway any tips for the management int?

cookiecream
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue, 22 May 2007

Postby cookiecream » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 6:07 pm

bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:
cookiecream wrote:
DeeeNah wrote:bliss-icious. don't be disheartened. try and try again! What was the passing rate for your group?

Answering for bliss.. lol...
5 got through..

bliss,
Yeah!! Like what deenah said, don't be disheartened. :)


yupyup... i will be trying for the next recruitment drive....

anyway cookie... seems like our interviewers are nicer... more ppl get in... my gf's grp only one out of 10 got in... and their qns was 'if you can chnge one thing in yr life, what is it'... :o

Yeah! I think so too.
We are lucky with just the basic self introduction. Can't imagine if i'll be able to answer those questions. :???:

xuetingg
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat, 13 Jan 2007

Postby xuetingg » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 6:28 pm

Hi oohlala & all,

Those who are going to the water confidence test tml 17 July will have mgmt rd as well? I tot is for those who can start work within 2weeks after notification of being seleted for the job? btw, I'm going to the test tml.. should I wear former? I planned to wear causal cos I tot is onli water test?? Anyone can help to clarify this?? thxs....

CelT
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed, 02 May 2007

Postby CelT » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 6:49 pm

Hi Xuetingg gal,

what did u put as your availability date? immediate ? 2 weeks or a month?

According to the rest, they are told that the WCT & management rds will be held together...which is tmr...yours? did they tell you anything?

Just play safe...wear former....

If its together with management rd tmr....u will be prepared...at least
.CEL.

User avatar
jeanette_tohjh
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed, 23 May 2007

Postby jeanette_tohjh » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 6:57 pm

CelT wrote:Hi Xuetingg gal,

what did u put as your availability date? immediate ? 2 weeks or a month?

According to the rest, they are told that the WCT & management rds will be held together...which is tmr...yours? did they tell you anything?

Just play safe...wear former....

If its together with management rd tmr....u will be prepared...at least


yep! i agree with CelT!

Just wear formal and be prepared!
u dun wanna waste ur chance just like that ehz???
remember they are never lack of gals to choose from!
so be at ur best at all times!!! no harm wearing formal ya???

Good Luck to u! May u soar thru ur interview tml! Hope to hear good news from all of u here who are going for the WCT n mgmt interview tml!

xuetingg
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat, 13 Jan 2007

Postby xuetingg » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 6:58 pm

CelT wrote:Hi Xuetingg gal,

what did u put as your availability date? immediate ? 2 weeks or a month?

According to the rest, they are told that the WCT & management rds will be held together...which is tmr...yours? did they tell you anything?

Just play safe...wear former....

If its together with management rd tmr....u will be prepared...at least


I put 2weeks notices... I was quite shocked when I read the posting here about tml's water test. ya... mine was tmr...They did not tell me that the mgmt rd will be on tml wor... oh no... I'm totally not prepared for mgmt rd!!
oh.... then think i shd wear former ba....
thks for the reply btw.... :)

xuetingg
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat, 13 Jan 2007

Postby xuetingg » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 7:02 pm

jeanette_tohjh wrote:
CelT wrote:Hi Xuetingg gal,

what did u put as your availability date? immediate ? 2 weeks or a month?

According to the rest, they are told that the WCT & management rds will be held together...which is tmr...yours? did they tell you anything?

Just play safe...wear former....

If its together with management rd tmr....u will be prepared...at least


yep! i agree with CelT!

Just wear formal and be prepared!
u dun wanna waste ur chance just like that ehz???
remember they are never lack of gals to choose from!
so be at ur best at all times!!! no harm wearing formal ya???

Good Luck to u! May u soar thru ur interview tml! Hope to hear good news from all of u here who are going for the WCT n mgmt interview tml!


okie... sure... I shall wear formal tmr... thks for the reply too... :)

CelT
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed, 02 May 2007

Postby CelT » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 7:03 pm

Gal, all the best! :)
.CEL.

User avatar
DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu, 01 Feb 2007

Postby DeeeNah » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 7:04 pm

All the best to you guys tmr! Hope to see you all in STC soon!! :)
Ishi Liu Yu Hao, Rest In Peace my eternal friend.

User avatar
jeanette_tohjh
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed, 23 May 2007

Postby jeanette_tohjh » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 7:26 pm

i am so envy of u all... those who are going for WCT and management interview... those pending for training... oh... how nice!!!

i wish i am given this chance too man! i have tried 6 times!!!
only manage to pass the 1st round ONCE!!! and then later get boot out after the skin check!

how do u ppl present urself during the lst stage??? wat kind of feelings are u carrying at that point of time???

its really very demoralizing... being booted out everytime...
well... but still i am not going to give up this dream of mine...
i will keep trying... and trying... hopefully dream will come true...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest