Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
aloyscious
Regular
Regular

Management Interview...

Post by aloyscious » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:23 pm

hi people..

Anyone care to share wth me their management interview experience? Thanks :wink:

Greenlife
Regular
Regular

SIA cabin crew

Post by Greenlife » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 9:12 am

Hi, anyone can share their walk in interviews for SIA cabin crew?
I'm going this interviews on this saturday morning but I have some questions to worry about it..

1. Should I wearing contact lens or glasses?
2. I'm stand 1.8m high and 66kg, consider thin and will they accept me.

Anyone can asnwer my queries? many thanks!!!!

Greenlife
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenlife » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 9:19 am

hi people,

anyone of you can tell me the address for SIA interview on this weekend.
I know is meritus mandarin, is located at orchard road or suntec?

Many thanks!!! :D

Greenlife
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenlife » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 9:27 am

Hi,

I do not know how to swim, so shall I go to SIA cabin crew interview?
I saw some people posted day 2 round 3 is swim test. so how...

:(

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by chai ching » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 9:39 am

Hi GreenLife,

Think you should better wear contact lens. Cuz you are going for an interview and need to give them a good impressions of you. So must wear contact lens. Wow.... so tall of you. But are you really that so thin. Even if you are thin, still can also apply for it and see how. Till if you are get in through by the third round and they ask you to wear kebaya. Then perhaps see whether will you be able to fit into the kebaya?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 9:43 am

Its located at Orchard. Do you know where is Espirit shop? Its actually near the hotel there. As what you mention. You can also either alight at Orchard or Somerset. But i advise you, better alight at Somerset. If you still dont know how to go. If you also dont mind, i can also accompany to go with you together. Cheers!

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 9:46 am

Hi to you again,

Its me. Just also go and have a try. Unless if you are selected, then on that day, you tell them. Or you can also ask them on that day when you go for the interview on sat. Though you have the qualities. Maybe you can go and have a try first and see how. Thats my advice for you. O:)

aloyscious
Regular
Regular

Post by aloyscious » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 9:48 am

Your alright wth ur height & weight as long as your in your BMI range...so..from what i see...you pass:)

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 9:49 am

May i know is there anybody who are 'N' Level but are applying for SIA? Though i know that 'N' level are not required. What they want is A, O level and diploma. But could i at least go and have a try too? Many thanks.

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 9:52 am

Greenlife wrote:Hi,

I do not know how to swim, so shall I go to SIA cabin crew interview?
I saw some people posted day 2 round 3 is swim test. so how...

:(
Hi Greenlife,
During the swim test, life jacket is provided. So as long as you are able to float using it, it shouldn't be a problem...

All the best..

Cheers!
Paige

chiken_c

Post by chiken_c » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:13 am

Idealist wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:That's ridiculous! More than 10 is too many for a group. Besides, they'll be conducting panel interviews the whole day, unlike in STC where they do it around half the day.
No puns intended. Sometimes, Singaporegrrl comes across as snooty. I agree that there are plenty of repetitive and rhetoric questions in this thread. However, putting others down (even if they are indeed ignorant) is not acceptable. This is in fact, an info-gathering forum. :roll:
hey idealist, i think its just the way she type it. perhaps u feel that she shouldn't have said "ridiculous" or something. something like "thats not true!" may be better? haha. just making a guess.

a lot of people start to ask qns that can be found on websites maybe due to their kiasu-ness? afterall.. it'll be great to find out from pple who have been to interviews (plus website info) ..u noe just to make sure.. haha.. i guess we won't noe wats the real reason for them asking these qns. they may not be considering fa as a career but may be just asking for fun or just helping someone to get information who is unsure. if u really feel that they are asking stupid qns.. just ignore them?

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:02 pm

Idealist wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:That's ridiculous! More than 10 is too many for a group. Besides, they'll be conducting panel interviews the whole day, unlike in STC where they do it around half the day.
No puns intended. Sometimes, Singaporegrrl comes across as snooty. I agree that there are plenty of repetitive and rhetoric questions in this thread. However, putting others down (even if they are indeed ignorant) is not acceptable. This is in fact, an info-gathering forum. :roll:
Lol I'm sorry if I sounded offensive. Probably there's the disadvantage of just typing what's on my mind. Probably if you hear me talk, you'd know that I don't mean to be offensive and 'putting others down' at all. In fact I try to post as much informative post as soon as I find new information I can share.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:21 pm

chai ching wrote:Its located at Orchard. Do you know where is Espirit shop? Its actually near the hotel there. As what you mention. You can also either alight at Orchard or Somerset. But i advise you, better alight at Somerset. If you still dont know how to go. If you also dont mind, i can also accompany to go with you together. Cheers!
Hi.. i'll be going in the morning.. wanna go together too?
But i'm going down maybe @ 9.. is it too early? Cos i need to work after that! :???:

zin

Post by zin » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:27 pm

Rinny:
Hey, if you don't mind me asking, when did u send ur resume and what's the invite about? can u pls kindly PM me?
thanks

i sent it on early feb and the invite was like that:

Thank you for your recent application for the position of Flight Stewardess
with Singapore Airlines.
I am pleased to invite you for an interview on either 25 February 2006
(Saturday) or 26 February 2006 (Sunday),
between 0900 hrs to 1500 hrs, at the following address:

Meritus Mandarin Singapore,
Mandarin Court A & B,
Level 4 - Grand Tower.

Your serial number for the interview is 164 and you will need to inform the
registration staff of the same when you attend the interview.
Please bring a copy of this e-mail with you and all the ORIGINALS of your
identity card, birth certificate, educational certificates, and a
passport-sized photograph on the day of the interview.
Please note that all expenses that you incur for attending this interview
will be on your personal account.

We look forward to meeting you soon.

zin

Post by zin » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:32 pm

Cheesie
and chai ching,
can i meet you both too? iim going at 9am on 26th too.