Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Re: Interview Stages

Post by jerlyn » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 6:42 pm

[quote="voxvox"]I guess since there is a recruitment going on very soon, people will also start asking what to be expected from the interview rounds. I have been through it once and will like to share my experience with everyone. Hope they are useful and will get everyone prepared.

I got the information below from some previous pages in the forum and added some words of my own. And if anyone find any discrepancy, please feel free to highlight to us. :D

Day 1 - Round 1: 10 interviewees in a room. Different questions posed so dont harp on any generic ones? Upon successful clearance, you will remain for round 2.

Day 1 - Round 2: 1-1 interview with an interviewer. Upon successful clearance, you will be rewarded with day 2 programs. They will ask you to bun up your hair if your hair is long. This is for the kebaya fitting.

Day 2 - Round 1: Kebaya fitting. Those who make it through the 2nd round will be asked to try the uniform. After that, one by one, the candidate will go into the well lit room with 3 interviewers with which one of them will be a beautician who will check for obvious scars. The candidate will be asked to walk to and forth the room. A tray will be handed to her and she is to stretch out her hands holding the tray.

After everyone has been through the stage, results will be announced. Those who did not make it through will be asked to leave. Those who did it, will stay for the 2nd and 3rd rounds. This is rather a “killer”

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Post by jerlyn » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 6:43 pm

Cheesie wrote:ANyway, hope FA wannabes can smoothly get through all the rounds.. anyone going on the saturday? i will be going in the morning probably!! :wink:

:???: worries alot...................
dun worry...
smiles***

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 6:59 pm

Cheesie wrote:mmmm... ya.. dunno will it still the same format during STC... Think they probably just grab anyone who came for the interview.. cos you guys are saying they really in need of FA right now, right?

Hope can get in!!!
Just because they're conducting walk-ins and they're in need of more FAs this year, it doesn't mean they'll grab just about anyone. Remember that SIA is one of the best airlines in the world for many years and running, and its Singapore Girl remains an icon for the airline. They still look for unique individuals.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 6:59 pm

Cheesie wrote:mmmm... ya.. dunno will it still the same format during STC... Think they probably just grab anyone who came for the interview.. cos you guys are saying they really in need of FA right now, right?

Hope can get in!!!

A yes, cheesie. That is what they are doing. I heard a beagle from my condo was accepted last week - heard she looked great in a kebaya.

'nuff said Image

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 7:13 pm

Hope can get in!!!
#-o

OMG Haven't you heard the word criteria. Hint: use a dictionary.
[-X [-o< ](*,) ](*,)

Ps: See well informed post by Singaporegrrl.

Plavt.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 9:34 pm

Plavt, my post was not well-informed? I'll have you know the beagle was a bit of a looker (and English was her second language - Alsatian being her first, of course)

'nuff said Image

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 9:51 pm

Rinny wrote:Can anyone tell me how to download the application form for the interview next wkend for stewardess? because the application form on the websire seems to be for Cabin Crew Executive.

Thanks! :)
Hi Rinny,
Maybe you can try to refresh the webpage? The position for Cabin crew will pop out..

Cheers!
Paige

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 9:57 pm

Kel83 wrote:Since this round of recruitment will be of a walk-in type... I wonder if the interview procedures will be the same not since there will be large number of applicants applying for it.... Will it still be 10per grp or will it be of a larger grp... ???
Hi kel83,

The last time I been to SIA walk-in interview was in 2001 and it was conducted in STC. The first round was still 10 in a group but I am not sure whether will it still be the same for the session conduct in Mandarin Hotel..
Hope this helps.. :)

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

Rinny

Post by Rinny » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 10:38 pm

Paige wrote:
Rinny wrote:Can anyone tell me how to download the application form for the interview next wkend for stewardess? because the application form on the websire seems to be for Cabin Crew Executive.

Thanks! :)
Hi Rinny,
Maybe you can try to refresh the webpage? The position for Cabin crew will pop out..

Cheers!
Paige
Aww...thanks Paige!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 10:45 pm

Vaucluse wrote:Plavt, my post was not well-informed? I'll have you know the beagle was a bit of a looker (and English was her second language - Alsatian being her first, of course)

:D :D :D :D

Kel83

Post by Kel83 » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:54 am

Paige wrote:
Kel83 wrote:Since this round of recruitment will be of a walk-in type... I wonder if the interview procedures will be the same not since there will be large number of applicants applying for it.... Will it still be 10per grp or will it be of a larger grp... ???
Hi kel83,

The last time I been to SIA walk-in interview was in 2001 and it was conducted in STC. The first round was still 10 in a group but I am not sure whether will it still be the same for the session conduct in Mandarin Hotel..
Hope this helps.. :)

Cheers!
Paige :wink:
oh... ic... but i think as long as its at STC they can afford to have 10 in a grp... Since this time round is at Mandarin Hotel... I wonder will they have bigger grps not....

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 1:01 am

That's ridiculous! More than 10 is too many for a group. Besides, they'll be conducting panel interviews the whole day, unlike in STC where they do it around half the day.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 2:32 am

Great avatar Singaporegrrl :)

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:21 pm

SQ boy...what a Silly Billy I am! thanks so much for the info regarding the venue for Saturday's walk-in. Haha... :)
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Global Citizen » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:25 pm

Saint wrote:Great avatar Singaporegrrl :)
I concur. Attractive and sensible too. You go girl!
One man's meat is another's poison.