Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Shirini

Post by Shirini » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:56 pm

it really sucks when ppl keep on discouraging you from joining SQ. I have this really irritating friend working as a pilot at SQ now and all he does is to tell me that i am wasting my time waiting to get into SQ and he sounds really sarcastic.

I have done more than enough research on SQ and knew the many downsides of it as well as listened to friends working in SQ. Even if it turn out to be a less than ideal job for me, it is my choice. Being a pilot is not the best job in the world too!!!

Isnt it worse if you regret for life for not even trying for SQ when you reached 30 years old?

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Post by kindaichi1234 » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 1:04 pm

Shirini wrote:it really sucks when ppl keep on discouraging you from joining SQ. I have this really irritating friend working as a pilot at SQ now and all he does is to tell me that i am wasting my time waiting to get into SQ and he sounds really sarcastic.

I have done more than enough research on SQ and knew the many downsides of it as well as listened to friends working in SQ. Even if it turn out to be a less than ideal job for me, it is my choice. Being a pilot is not the best job in the world too!!!

Isnt it worse if you regret for life for not even trying for SQ when you reached 30 years old?
True. If you never try, you'll never know.

Clara7

Post by Clara7 » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 1:32 pm

Gal, there will always be people who will negatively influence you in your decision making but hang in there k. Well, unless you are butt ugly, if not dont let it discourage you! And its funny how you still call him "a friend" YOU CAN MAKE IT!

Clara7

Post by Clara7 » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 1:35 pm

BeR wrote:
zxtangellove wrote:
BeR wrote:
even applied on 7 nov got it already..i guess the hopes r diminishing..i applied on the 3rd.. :(
Hey BeR you might want to try checking the trash folder yea =]

haha i got the mail today..25 nov!! :D
Congrats BeR! I STILL HAVE NOT received. Wahah.

pongpong

Post by pongpong » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 1:36 pm

different sorts of people make up this world.
Why let him have his way when his main motive is to demoralize u?

GO GO GO! Hack care him! lol. :D

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 1:43 pm

Shirini wrote:it really sucks when ppl keep on discouraging you from joining SQ. I have this really irritating friend working as a pilot at SQ now and all he does is to tell me that i am wasting my time waiting to get into SQ and he sounds really sarcastic.

I have friends like this as well.. Say one thing, yet do another. Zzzz
-------------------------------------------------------
It's hard to leave behind what you built from scratch; but.. if you don't move on, you're not going to get ahead.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 1:51 pm

Pilot always see the Cabin Crew as inferior to them. They really look down on Cabin Crew, so no surprise that he said whatever to you. Just wondering ...Since he is irritating why are you still in contact with him? :???:

Shirini

Post by Shirini » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 1:52 pm

Clara7 wrote:Gal, there will always be people who will negatively influence you in your decision making but hang in there k. Well, unless you are butt ugly, if not dont let it discourage you! And its funny how you still call him "a friend" YOU CAN MAKE IT!
He's a 'facebook friend' who added me around 1 year ago....he commented on my status on facebook and i defended my point on joining SQ, he doesnt like it and deleted me just now LOL

I found him irritating but thought that it would be mean to delete him...but well now i dont have to see his comments ever again
Last edited by Shirini on Wed, 11 Nov 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amandababy
Regular
Regular

Post by amandababy » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 1:53 pm

i agree! if you don't try, you'll never know. i'm nervous and not pinning high hope in getting through, but still, i'll try my best.
before this economic downturn, i kept procastinating to go for walk-in, ended up SIA stopped having their monthly recruitment. and i regretted big time. now i finally applied and decided to go.
haha though i've applied, i'm not telling anyone cos i don't want ppl to laugh at me if i didn't make it. but girls! do our best ya! :)

anyway, i need advice. my hair color is slightly too brownish. do you all think i should dye it again to a darker shade for a better impression?

sorry for the long spamming :P

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 1:54 pm

Clara7 wrote:...... Well, unless you are butt ugly, if not dont let it discourage you! And its funny how you still call him "a friend" YOU CAN MAKE IT!
I dont think BUTT is ugly... I like them... :oops:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 1:57 pm

amandababy wrote:
anyway, i need advice. my hair color is slightly too brownish. do you all think i should dye it again to a darker shade for a better impression?
Don't spend $$, just spray it black :wink: flying crew do that too...

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 1:57 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
Clara7 wrote:...... Well, unless you are butt ugly, if not dont let it discourage you! And its funny how you still call him "a friend" YOU CAN MAKE IT!
I dont think BUTT is ugly... I like them... :oops:
LOLOL!!!!!!!! :D
It's hard to leave behind what you built from scratch; but.. if you don't move on, you're not going to get ahead.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 2:01 pm

Shirini wrote:
He's a 'facebook friend' who added me around 1 year ago....he commented on my status on facebook and i defended my point on joining SQ, he doesnt like it and deleted me just now LOL

I found him irritating but thought that it would be mean to delete him...but well now i dont have to see his comments ever again
Ahhh Facebook... that is not friend lah, just another pilot on a hunting trip in Facebook... and he delete you for that LOL... what a MAN !! Shame on him...

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 2:03 pm

Abercrombie, no flt today ah? So free!

Shirini

Post by Shirini » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 2:11 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
Shirini wrote:

Ahhh Facebook... that is not friend lah, just another pilot on a hunting trip in Facebook... and he delete you for that LOL... what a MAN !! Shame on him...
I agree :D