Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
raiderbomb

Breast lump

Post by raiderbomb » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 1:36 pm

Hi everyone, I went for the recent SIA interview and got booted out at the kebaya round. I think it's because I was wearing colored contact lenses even though it wasn't that obvious. I remembered her asking if I do and I said yes. Also I had a little red marks at the back of my neck which would be gone in a couple of days which she thought was back acne. Anyway, it was my first time trying and Im happy Ive gotten so far.

Im going to the next interview and will do better. I was so nervous, I stammered quite a bit.

I'm worried about the medical test though. Has anyone gotten in with breast lumps? I have one prominent one in my right breast and did an ultra sound. The doctor said it's beign and is just a breast fibroid. I remember seeing someone posted about discovering lumps in her breast during medical test. There was no updates afterwards. Anyone knows what they are looking for in the medical test?

And don't give up people, keep trying! :D Congrats to those who got through!!!

singaporeexpat7

Post by singaporeexpat7 » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 1:38 pm

:lol: :lol: Uneducated service trash wannabes have got to be even lower than the actual uneducated service trash themselves.

This is such an eye-opener. I didn't know this whole world of people existed. :lol:

singaporeexpat7

Post by singaporeexpat7 » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 1:40 pm

"Hi, can I carry your bags for you like a third world slave?"

"Yes, this is what I do to make a living"

What a bunch of unprivileged sad service trash. :lol: :lol:

raiderbomb

Post by raiderbomb » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 1:40 pm

singaporeexpat7 wrote:You mean you people actually spend money on a derm in order to get a low-class waitressing gig where people look at you like you are trash? That's really extremely funny. :lol:

Low class service trash, waitress, and toilet cleaner, janitor and porter in one. :lol:
Everyone has their own dream to pursue. Obviously being one is not yours so you are obviously in the wrong forum. Have some grace and respect :)

raiderbomb

Post by raiderbomb » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 1:49 pm

singaporeexpat7 wrote:"Hi, can I carry your bags for you like a third world slave?"

I really have no idea why you're here in the first place. For someone who has such low opinions on FA to even be here... Makes me wonder if it's a case of sour grapes instead. Calling others "uneducated trash" with your own mouth is soooo much smarter and educated, isn't it? :D

Putting others down is EXACTLY what "educated" people do. I get it. You probably have never been on SIA before. Save up and take SIA soon! Give SIA a chance before spewing your barbaric mouth all over the place, will you? :) :)

singaporeexpat7

Post by singaporeexpat7 » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 1:53 pm

raiderbomb wrote:
singaporeexpat7 wrote:You mean you people actually spend money on a derm in order to get a low-class waitressing gig where people look at you like you are trash? That's really extremely funny. :lol:

Low class service trash, waitress, and toilet cleaner, janitor and porter in one. :lol:
Everyone has their own dream to pursue. Obviously being one is not yours so you are obviously in the wrong forum. Have some grace and respect :)
I have lots of respect, you don't have to worry about that.

What's in question is your self-respect.

Are you all uneducated or something? Your "dream" is as I described earlier? "Hi, can I help carry your bag, please?" "Yes this is what I do for a living. Aint I a piece of trash? Just look at me."

Even hotel porters aspire to move up the rungs and make a better person of himself, climb up the social ladder, make more money. I know, because I've spoken to them. Porters, waiters and janitors. Basically people doing the same job that you want to do. Except that they have self respect.

Why do you think in Singapore, establishments have a problem filling unskilled service jobs, that companies have no choice but to employ Filipinos. Its not that they are cheaper, it's because there simply isn't enough Singaporeans who want to do that job. Raising the salary isn't the solution either, because all remuneration in the world corresponds to skill level, and for those jobs, that's the remuneration for the skill levels corresponding. Establishments have to either employ the Filys or close shop, and that's why they're aggressively fighting the Singapore government against imposing further quotas. Why do you think there's some hilarious resort on Ubin island and the whole place is run by Filys? There is a hierachy among service staff, and the Singapore service staff with more self respect don't want to go there. Imagine, putting an Ubin island "resort" on your CV. So yes, there is a pecking order even among the service trash.

You have no ounce of self-respect or dignity. You actually aspire to do a job which people in those jobs aspire to climb up from. Low class service trash wannabes. I've never come across anyone from this world before. This is such a big eye-opener. Are you all like, super, uneducated and unprivileged and your parents are farmers or something?

singaporeexpat7

Post by singaporeexpat7 » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 1:58 pm

raiderbomb wrote:
singaporeexpat7 wrote:"Hi, can I carry your bags for you like a third world slave?"

I really have no idea why you're here in the first place. For someone who has such low opinions on FA to even be here... Makes me wonder if it's a case of sour grapes instead. Calling others "uneducated trash" with your own mouth is soooo much smarter and educated, isn't it? :D

Putting others down is EXACTLY what "educated" people do. I get it. You probably have never been on SIA before. Save up and take SIA soon! Give SIA a chance before spewing your barbaric mouth all over the place, will you? :) :)
Errm sour grapes? To be a low income service trash? Are you that deluded? :lol: :lol: Oh my god. I'm laughing so hard now. Really. Yes. In your deluded minds, there are actually people who are dying to perform an unskilled job for so little money.

Save up?? Save up? Really? Are you really knee deep in your fantasies?

Haven't been on SIA? Are you daft?? The next time when you see me in Business Class, I'll make you clean up my barf in full view of everyone after I drink my fill at the lounge. And you'll have no choice but to do it because it's the life you have.

raiderbomb

Post by raiderbomb » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 3:02 pm

singaporeexpat7 wrote:
raiderbomb wrote:

Errm sour grapes? To be a low income service trash? Are you that deluded? :lol: :lol: Oh my god. I'm laughing so hard now. Really. Yes. In your deluded minds, there are actually people who are dying to perform an unskilled job for so little money.

Save up?? Save up? Really? Are you really knee deep in your fantasies?

Haven't been on SIA? Are you daft?? The next time when you see me in Business Class, I'll make you clean up my barf in full view of everyone after I drink my fill at the lounge. And you'll have no choice but to do it because it's the life you have.
Awesome troller we've got here :lol: Really am curious how you got here in the first place. Seeing you in Business Class? I don't even know who you are. Why don't you give all of us here the privilege to clean up your barf by telling us who you are, identity and all... So we can provide you with the utmost service on flight :)

I'm afraid you can't even use the word 'respect' in here because it's apparent you don't know what it means by coming here with some dubious reason to ridicule this so called "service trash" with your barely two cents worth of opinion. :)

Everyone has a part to play in this world. It may seem like a lowly skilled profession to you but to each his own. I feel extremely sad for you from what you have said. You sound like somebody who has superiority complex from all the "cleaning up my barf" and all that crap.

Let's say, pretend that you really are someone who flys on SIA and has the privilege to be in Business Class sector... You wouldn't be here NOW on this forum, shooting your foul mouth off and appearing like a fool. Why, oh why are YOU, important hotshot HERE? :lol:

singaporeexpat7

Post by singaporeexpat7 » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 4:09 pm

raiderbomb wrote:Awesome troller we've got here :lol: Really am curious how you got here in the first place. Seeing you in Business Class? I don't even know who you are. Why don't you give all of us here the privilege to clean up your barf by telling us who you are, identity and all... So we can provide you with the utmost service on flight :)

I'm afraid you can't even use the word 'respect' in here because it's apparent you don't know what it means by coming here with some dubious reason to ridicule this so called "service trash" with your barely two cents worth of opinion. :)

Everyone has a part to play in this world. It may seem like a lowly skilled profession to you but to each his own. I feel extremely sad for you from what you have said. You sound like somebody who has superiority complex from all the "cleaning up my barf" and all that crap.

Let's say, pretend that you really are someone who flys on SIA and has the privilege to be in Business Class sector... You wouldn't be here NOW on this forum, shooting your foul mouth off and appearing like a fool. Why, oh why are YOU, important hotshot HERE? :lol:
You sound like you think flying on SIA is like going to the moon. Is that how you think it's profitable? Cos the plane's empty? Even some maids working in Singapore I know have been on the A380!!

You do know lots of people including old retirees from HDB and high school kids take SIA. They leave their dentures on the trays which you clear. You really do sound like you think it's a Virgin Atlantic Space Shuttle. :lol: Are your parents farmers, that you would aspire to a low-class job with no future, serving food and cleaning barf, washing toilets..that's the pinnacle of life for you? And that taking a SIA plane is so "exclusive" to you that you're challenging me on it? It's like saying somebody has not shopped at Cold Storage before. I'm laughing so hard now. :lol:

The more you go on and on talking up SIA like its the Virgin Space Shuttle shows why you're aspiring to be a lowly service trash, toilet clean, barf cleaner, porter. And why I am not. What different worlds we come from. :lol:
:lol: I know you're blue collar. Let me give you a clue. Most junior managers and above by the 5th year of their post-graduation career in a large listed firm are placed in Business Class. That means many people in Business Class are there at a young age, and it doesn't take much for them to be there. It just takes doing a professional, white-collar, skilled job. :lol:

Are you like really stupid or what? :lol: Yes of course I was having a laugh at you.

You WILL clean up my barf. You do know it's YOUR job?Hahahah does that mean I have superiority complex? No matter how daft you are, don't you know by this point of our exchange what a lowly loser low-class job this is, that professionals think you're trash? It doesn't mean they have a superiority complex. Speaking of "hotshot", you do know that everyone uses the Internet, don't you? :lol: :lol: It's obvious you don't know a single person who makes more than S$200,000 per annum, do you? Is that why you have your hilarious fantasies of who flies Business Class, who takes SIA, what people who make good money should be doing and that they wouldn't have Internet access or go on expat forums. :lol: You don't need to be a hotshot to have dignity and be a professional! What a lowly stupid service trash talking! So this is their perspectives hahahaha. :lol: :lol:

Are you saying you can choose not to clean up the barf? Huh? :lol: Tell me..! Tell me that SIA Air Servers do not need to clean up the barf of all passengers on the plane. :lol:

singaporeexpat7

Post by singaporeexpat7 » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 4:33 pm

There are experienced air waitresses who admitted they are treated and perceived as trash, and when they're not, it's a treat. :lol: :lol: I'm laughing so hard.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sutra2 ... highlight=

toygirl Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:18 pm "positives - compliments and connections - you never know the passenger may be some CEO, wow-ed by your service and offer you a job!, job satisfaction of doing a job-well done. passengers who honestly appreciative and don't view you like you're trash."

Look. All of you secretly hope and wish to get out of serfdom and be "offered a job by a CEO" like us! This is really very very funny. :lol:

More research on this lowly job in Singapore and its image.

raiderbomb

Post by raiderbomb » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 4:35 pm

singaporeexpat7 wrote:
raiderbomb wrote:Awesome troller we've got here :lol: Really am curious how you got here in the first place. Seeing you in Business Class? I don't even know who you are. Why don't you give all of us here the privilege to clean up your barf by telling us who you are, identity and all... So we can provide you with the utmost service on flight :)

You sound like you think flying on SIA is like going to the moon. Is that how you think it's profitable? Cos the plane's empty? Even some maids working in Singapore I know have been on the A380!!

Are you like really stupid or what? :lol: Yes of course I was having a laugh at you. You will clean up my barf. Does that mean I have superiority complex? Don't you know by this point of our exchange what a lowly loser low-class job this is, that a lot of people really do think you're trash? It doesn't make them snobbish or have a superiority complex. You do know that everyone uses the Internet? Haha :lol: :lol: It's obvious you don't know a single person who makes more than S$200,000 per annum, do you? Is that why you have your fantasies of who flies Business Class, who takes SIA, what people who make good money should be doing and they wouldn't have Internet access. :lol: You don't need to be a hotshot to have dignity and be a professional! What a lowly stupid service trash talking! So this is their perspectives hahahaha. :lol: :lol:

You do know lots of people including old retirees from HDB and high school kids take SIA. They leave their dentures on the trays which you clear. You really do sound like you think it's a Virgin Atlantic Space Shuttle. :lol: Are your parents farmers, that you would aspire to a low-class job with no future, serving food and cleaning barf, washing toilets..that's the pinnacle of life for you? And that taking a SIA plane is so "exclusive" to you that you're challenging me on it? Its like saying somebody has not shopped at Cold Storage before. I'm laughing so hard now. :lol:

The more you go on and on talking up SIA like its the Virgin Space Shuttle shows why you're aspiring to be a lowly service trash, toilet clean, barf cleaner, porter. And I am not. What different worlds we come from. :lol: :lol: I know you're blue collar. Let me give you a clue. Most junior managers and above by the 5th year of their post-graduation career in a large listed firm are placed in Business Class. That means many people in Business Class are there at a young age, and it doesn't take much for them to be there. It just takes doing a professional, white-collar, skilled job. :lol:

Are you saying you can don't clean up the barf? Huh? :lol: Tell me..! Tell me that SIA Air Servers do not need to clean up the barf of all passengers on the plane. :lol:
A job does not sums up one's life. You can carry on thinking this way of FA, it's pointless to have this conversation. I shall choose to see you as an ignoramus. Yes, FA do clean up barf. If not, passengers will have to sit with it throughout the flight. Nurses clean up barf too. They even clean up excretion of patients. Do you think they are lowly skilled and trashy as well? No. It's a respected profession. Not everyone can do it. This is a customer service industry, nothing glamorous but nowhere near trashy too. :)

You're trying really hard to sound impressive here and I commend on your effort. I sincerely hope you'd be more open-minded to others' professions. And I hope one day you'll reach wherever you want to be. This is a place where like-minded people or rather, people who are aspiring to be FA, share useful tips, information and lend support to one another.

I shall stop replying you so as not to further fill this forum up with irrelevant materials. I'm thinking you could have had a bad experience on board which prompted you to say all these negative remarks about FAs. You can give your feedback to SIA and I'm sure they will do something about it. :)

I will pray for more positivity in your life. :)

singaporeexpat7

Post by singaporeexpat7 » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 4:46 pm

You actually think you can be compared to a nurse. Continue to delude yourselves. You're worse than trash, as testified by a season air waitress who said she's typically viewed as trash, you're a wannabe trash.

Waitress, there's no fly in my soup and I don't have to try to sound impressive. You see, I know who I am and how much I earn and what I do. And I know who you are, how much you want to earn, and what you want to do. Really? Your job doesn't SUM up your life? Is that what all the people with stinky jobs tell themselves? Is that why you hope and pray to get a real job by serving a CEO on board his soup well?

I'm having a good laugh at you, because you're worse than the janitors I've talked to. You actually aspire to do what they hope not to do.

Yes, you're right to say I despise people like you. It makes sense now, why you people get assaulted on the job all the time. In the west, air waitresses and waiters are punched all the time. You're looked upon as a punching bag and trash. Now I get it. :lol:

The grammar of the aspiring service trash here is really bad too. Really a bunch of uneducated deprived people with no options in life.

dkal

Re: Breast lump

Post by dkal » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 7:34 pm

raiderbomb wrote:Hi everyone, I went for the recent SIA interview and got booted out at the kebaya round. I think it's because I was wearing colored contact lenses even though it wasn't that obvious. I remembered her asking if I do and I said yes. Also I had a little red marks at the back of my neck which would be gone in a couple of days which she thought was back acne. Anyway, it was my first time trying and Im happy Ive gotten so far.

Im going to the next interview and will do better. I was so nervous, I stammered quite a bit.

I'm worried about the medical test though. Has anyone gotten in with breast lumps? I have one prominent one in my right breast and did an ultra sound. The doctor said it's beign and is just a breast fibroid. I remember seeing someone posted about discovering lumps in her breast during medical test. There was no updates afterwards. Anyone knows what they are looking for in the medical test?

Hi i was also booted out in the recent interview during the kebaya round, i was wearing contact lenses those big eye lens , she was saying those lenses make me look scary with those iris staring at people :( and i guess i was booted out due to my blister scars ..

i think we should wear more natural lenses the next time ;)

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Re: Breast lump

Post by yoyobin » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 7:50 pm

raiderbomb wrote:Hi everyone, I went for the recent SIA interview and got booted out at the kebaya round. I think it's because I was wearing colored contact lenses even though it wasn't that obvious. I remembered her asking if I do and I said yes. Also I had a little red marks at the back of my neck which would be gone in a couple of days which she thought was back acne. Anyway, it was my first time trying and Im happy Ive gotten so far.

It's cool that you made it so far... :) Anyways, just ignore that retared person... :)

ikip84

Post by ikip84 » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 8:23 pm

singaporeexpat7 wrote:

You do know lots of people including old retirees from HDB and high school kids take SIA. They leave their dentures on the trays which you clear. You really do sound like you think it's a Virgin Atlantic Space Shuttle. :lol: Are your parents farmers, that you would aspire to a low-class job with no future, serving food and cleaning barf, washing toilets..that's the pinnacle of life for you? And that taking a SIA plane is so "exclusive" to you that you're challenging me on it? It's like saying somebody has not shopped at Cold Storage before. I'm laughing so hard now. :lol:

The more you go on and on talking up SIA like its the Virgin Space Shuttle shows why you're aspiring to be a lowly service trash, toilet clean, barf cleaner, porter. And why I am not. What different worlds we come from. :lol:
:lol: I know you're blue collar. Let me give you a clue. Most junior managers and above by the 5th year of their post-graduation career in a large listed firm are placed in Business Class. That means many people in Business Class are there at a young age, and it doesn't take much for them to be there. It just takes doing a professional, white-collar, skilled job. :lol:

Are you like really stupid or what? :lol: Yes of course I was having a laugh at you.

You WILL clean up my barf. You do know it's YOUR job?Hahahah does that mean I have superiority complex? No matter how daft you are, don't you know by this point of our exchange what a lowly loser low-class job this is, that professionals think you're trash? It doesn't mean they have a superiority complex. Speaking of "hotshot", you do know that everyone uses the Internet, don't you? :lol: :lol: It's obvious you don't know a single person who makes more than S$200,000 per annum, do you? Is that why you have your hilarious fantasies of who flies Business Class, who takes SIA, what people who make good money should be doing and that they wouldn't have Internet access or go on expat forums. :lol: You don't need to be a hotshot to have dignity and be a professional! What a lowly stupid service trash talking! So this is their perspectives hahahaha. :lol: :lol:

Are you saying you can choose not to clean up the barf? Huh? :lol: Tell me..! Tell me that SIA Air Servers do not need to clean up the barf of all passengers on the plane. :lol:
Don't feed the troll...
thalia