Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
chocopie

Post by chocopie » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 8:59 am

shiniestar wrote:oh ya.. i forget to mention my pimples are just around the cheeks area..

deja, i'm so glad you understand. steriods medication is oral medication that controls your hormones right? if yes, i don't take them or antiboitics. i'm only prescribed creams like glycolic acid and stieva-a.
i doubt it's my daily regime but now you mention about cosmetic. i think that might be e source. hmm.

pork12, do you mind sharing the info here so everyone, including the silent readers can know about it?

kayleeee, only oral tablets were prescribed? no cream?
I had e stieva A cream too. and also a kinda steriod or ureal cream for my upper arm. But the doc mention tat it's actually not so good. nt to be use for long cos it caused thinning of e skin. Anyway, oral steriod isnt good either. It actually affect yr CNS. I think my outbreak then was bcos i kept touching my face thus worsening e condition. hmm..

chocopie

Post by chocopie » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 9:11 am

deja wrote:
pork12 wrote: CONGRATULATIONS!!
Thank you!!!! :love:
chocopie wrote: Anw, im petite standin only at 1.58m. kinda worried my chance in bein a FA ll be slim cos SIA seems to take in few of gals my build. Hmm..
don't discourage yourself [-X 1.58cm is within the specified height requirement, so you are fine! :console: I'm merely 1-2 cm taller than you.
Thanks Deja! juz at a very dangerous zone for my height had they measure me shorter. :) & CONGRAT!! Ur gonna fly~

Kayleeee

Post by Kayleeee » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 2:40 pm

shiniestar wrote:oh ya.. i forget to mention my pimples are just around the cheeks area..

deja, i'm so glad you understand. steriods medication is oral medication that controls your hormones right? if yes, i don't take them or antiboitics. i'm only prescribed creams like glycolic acid and stieva-a.
i doubt it's my daily regime but now you mention about cosmetic. i think that might be e source. hmm.

pork12, do you mind sharing the info here so everyone, including the silent readers can know about it?

kayleeee, only oral tablets were prescribed? no cream?
Hey shinie, yeah there were tablets, cleanser and cream..

but since you mention only pimples on your cheeks and cosmectics, that might be the source..

If you do use press powder and blusher, the sponge must be replaced regularly and the brushes must be washed at least once-twice a month...
Believe in the strength of universe, for the law of attraction is the greatest power ever exist.

leviosacho
Regular
Regular

Post by leviosacho » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 8:42 pm

Hair is also a problem.

If you have fringe or hair around cheek length, I think you should cut it shorter or tie (clip) it up to prevent always flipping your hair around the cheeks/face area. I used to have pimple-free cheeks until I grew my fringe till my cheeks area there and pimples started appearing.

Well, it's cured now and now my fringe length is just around the brows. :)
Btw, I have sensitive skin. Besides taking proper care, there are still pimples popping up now and then. Haha.

simsandra_2

To chocopie

Post by simsandra_2 » Wed, 24 Dec 2008 10:20 am

Hi chocopie, I am also standing the smae height as u. Tried for the interview the other time. But when they measure, I was being told that they cant put me through. I didnt ask the reason. I will be trying again for the next interview... Are you trying?

shiniestar

Post by shiniestar » Wed, 24 Dec 2008 2:06 pm

chocopie, you stopped using the cream? any sign of outbreak after u stop?

kayleeee, yes i have take note of the cosmetic and brushes i'm using.

leviosacho, hair is not the problem for me. even if i had bangs, i do not have pimples on my forehead :)

merry xmas :D

AV1981

Post by AV1981 » Wed, 24 Dec 2008 8:09 pm

Does anybody know where can I buy the Sally Hansen Leg Spray in Singapore???
Thanks.

jeezz

Post by jeezz » Wed, 24 Dec 2008 10:49 pm

hi guys.. just to seek for your opinions..

i've got quite alot of red scars on my cheeks, but i can really cover them well with make up. one thing that i am not able to conceal are the pitholes. am afraid the spotlight in round 2 will be the killer. any idea will my pitholes be a big problem?

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 24 Dec 2008 10:55 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all from this Forum !!! :girl: :king:

qantasboy

Post by qantasboy » Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:30 pm

KimberlyGin wrote:Roughly how long will the HR person contact u after the medical check-up. I have waited for a week!!
It really depends! Some of those who went for the medical check-up at the same time as me received the call earlier than me. The HR personnel will consider the notice period you put down on the application form... My notice period was two months and they took roughly two weeks to get back to me...

Anyway, KimberlyGin, please tell me if they schedule you for training sometime in late January (after Chinese New Year)... Or, anyone, as a matter of fact! Would like to know who's my batch boy/girl! :)

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Thu, 25 Dec 2008 1:47 am

merry xmas!! and a happy new year! all the best to all who's trying the coming year! :lol:
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

xue

Post by xue » Thu, 25 Dec 2008 12:23 pm

good luck for all those trying!!
Just a few tips:

(1) Walk straight during the kebaya round - do not hunch or have handbag syndrome.
(2) wear formal/corporate wear or something presentable. show that you place importance in the interview
(3) put on make up. not too thick and not too thin.. show them you have color on your face. do not look too pale.
(4) first impression counts. do everything you can to create the best first impression you have..
(5) be humble.. they love humble people...

Lastly, Smile Smile Smile

hope this helps!

Espacio

Post by Espacio » Fri, 26 Dec 2008 12:33 am

Happy Boxing Day!!!
:D

Kimilogy

Post by Kimilogy » Fri, 26 Dec 2008 2:13 pm

AV1981 wrote:Does anybody know where can I buy the Sally Hansen Leg Spray in Singapore???
Thanks.
I saw it available at Watson under the Sally Hansen corner.. should have.. it's $29.90 if i din rem wrongly. I guess many places (Guardian & departmental stores) have it..not that difficult to find.

Else.. there's also a new one that i discovered in Wisma Sasa ($20+).. it's a jap brand.. forgotten the name.. u can try if u want.. :)

AV1981

Post by AV1981 » Fri, 26 Dec 2008 3:24 pm

Kimilogy wrote:
AV1981 wrote:Does anybody know where can I buy the Sally Hansen Leg Spray in Singapore???
Thanks.
I saw it available at Watson under the Sally Hansen corner.. should have.. it's $29.90 if i din rem wrongly. I guess many places (Guardian & departmental stores) have it..not that difficult to find.

Else.. there's also a new one that i discovered in Wisma Sasa ($20+).. it's a jap brand.. forgotten the name.. u can try if u want.. :)
Thanks Kimilogy,

I had tried to look for it at few shops but until now still can not find. Don't you mind giving me the name of the place that you saw???