Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
foxyflying

Post by foxyflying » Mon, 08 Mar 2010 11:59 pm

pypi wrote:
wanderwanderlust wrote:I also got my invite!
Interview at 9.30am tmr!

Will be seeing you girls! :D
hey there,

may i know, anyone who went to the interview on the 26th feb, made it?

kind enough to share what happened during the interview?? pretty please..

am very nervous for the upcoming interview on the 20th march..
Nervous is a big taboo!

Prepare a speech and stay calm! Most importantly is to maintain your smile always..

Good luck!
Fashion starts here: http://magni-fico.livejournal.com/

See you here!

sammiii

Post by sammiii » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 12:01 am

crunkbabee wrote: hey sammiii! congrats!!! well tt sounds really good but my availability is only in JUNE! ahahaha I still got school. most of the others require at least one mth notice. i hope ur call comes in soon! and thankss alot for the luck ;)
alamak! bummer...... :(

pypi

Post by pypi » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 12:02 am

crunkbabee wrote:

:))) The least i can do to help you guys..hehe. nope there isnt any water test..just kebaya round. oh no, ive never seen/heard ppl with braces getting through the first round. there was this girl in my grp who has braces..bt she didnt get through either. so...i would advice you to go for it only after you have removed ur braces. this has been discussed earlier u can go afew pages back and check out what others have to say.
but do you tink it is possible for me to just try out for the upcoming interview and tell them about my braces being removed soon at the first round of the interview? and if i don't get through, how long do i have to wait in order to try again?

thanks crunkbabee

charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Post by charmaiin » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 12:23 am

sammiii wrote: am waiting for SIA to call me to inform me of my commencement date and if you pass, we might be starting together! heh. i went for the walk-in interview in Jan, and i could only start at a later date so the other interviewees who managed to pass all the rounds were put into batches and i guess when it was my turn, they ran out of people.
hey sammii! we might be batchmates too.. I'm also waiting for my commencement date since Jan (: i'm only avail end apr cos im only graduating then!

dydy

Post by dydy » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 12:45 am

Hi Charmain!

You're the one who commented in my blog right? (:

I know you said you are commencing in May.

If I'm lucky, I might start in May with you!

Sadrina, I have an event on the 20th, so I highly doubt that my bosses will let me go. :( I'll see how, if I manage to go, I'll try my best!

pypi

Post by pypi » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 12:46 am

wanderwanderlust wrote:Derenla & HENRYANG300:

I am currently on braces too. I went for the interview at STC last friday. But was booted out at the first round. Am wondering if its because of my braces. :(

Does anyone know of people who passed all the interviews with braces on?

Thanks in advance!
oh noo.. this really discourages me. =( i have my braces on too but will be removed in 2mths time. dun they accept pple who wear braces like how those ask for a longer time to start their training? isn't it the same??

sammiii

Post by sammiii » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 12:57 am

charmaiin wrote: hey sammii! we might be batchmates too.. I'm also waiting for my commencement date since Jan (: i'm only avail end apr cos im only graduating then!
oh yay! awesome!! well am in no hurry to start so hopefully we can be batchmates! :D did they say when they will call you though? cause initially they told me they'll call me mid feb, but i guess that's okay. no hurry for me!

charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Post by charmaiin » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 1:48 am

wendy: hihi! yes its me! :) jiayou ah!! i'll be waiting for your good news!

charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Post by charmaiin » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 1:49 am

sammiii wrote: did they say when they will call you though? cause initially they told me they'll call me mid feb, but i guess that's okay. no hurry for me!
hmmm i was told mid mar to early apr! heh i also only graduating late apr.. so no rush la (:

foxyflying

Post by foxyflying » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 9:06 am

pypi wrote:

I am currently on braces too. I went for the interview at STC last friday. But was booted out at the first round. Am wondering if its because of my braces. :(

Thanks in advance!
oh noo.. this really discourages me. =( i have my braces on too but will be removed in 2mths time. dun they accept pple who wear braces like how those ask for a longer time to start their training? isn't it the same??
Apparently they dun boot people out in first round because of braces. Appearance is only on skin check round, and they will ask when you taking out your braces, provided you manage to get into skin check round. =)
Fashion starts here: http://magni-fico.livejournal.com/

See you here!

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 9:36 am

pypi wrote:
well according to the past threads tt i read, SIA has had very bad experience with people who had braces on..they said they would be removing it but u can guess what happened next....

i also saw some thread that says they dont let you through cus braces will not allow you to speak properly and they want to see how well you are able to speak (i think this is very true)

bt anyway to make u feel better, i think you should just go try out and have a feel of it. can you standby a doctor's letter or smtg that says u can remove it in 2 mths time? just in case you get through? but i highly doubt so, i dont want to give you any hopes! :s

DYDY - I hope your boss will let you go and i will be waiting for your gooood news! :D

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 9:54 am

dydy,

you mentioned if you are lucky, you will start commencement on may..you got in ?
Accomplish or do not begin

hatecorn333

Post by hatecorn333 » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 11:13 am

tkelvin wrote:hi would be awesome to meet ya guys up if possible. going rather early tho, around 7~8-ish. don't wanna queue too long. haha
hi tkelvin,

wants to meet up together ?? e mail me? [email protected] :)
you just wants to be yourself!

pypi

Post by pypi » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 1:13 pm

foxyflying wrote:
pypi wrote:

Thanks in advance!
Apparently they dun boot people out in first round because of braces. Appearance is only on skin check round, and they will ask when you taking out your braces, provided you manage to get into skin check round. =)
really? ok. that made me feel a LIL bit better... =) but do you think its a good idea to tell them about my braces getting remove at the 1st round? or is it too muchh?? help!

sammiii

Post by sammiii » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 2:22 pm

charmaiin wrote:hey sammii! we might be batchmates too.. I'm also waiting for my commencement date since Jan (: i'm only avail end apr cos im only graduating then!
speak of the devil!! SIA just called me, and i will be starting 5th April. Are anyone of you starting on the same date, by any chance? :D