Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 3:40 pm

ohh they look at the application form. i tink that's the height n weight taken on the first walk-in day. dun worry... just present urself well and keep smiling! if they dun like ur weight, they wouldnt have let u come to mgmt round ya? =D u'll be fine.

waggiee

Post by waggiee » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 3:45 pm

DeeNah congrats! wad type of qns they ask u?

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 4:50 pm

Dear Wawaa......

you mentioned that we should state that we attended prev recruitment as well..i went twice, i write down both dates for the upcoming recruitment?

Love
CelT
.CEL.

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 4:59 pm

Dear Wawaa......

you mentioned that we should state that we attended prev recruitment as well..i went twice, i write down both dates for the upcoming recruitment?

Love
CelT
.CEL.

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 5:42 pm

waggiee wrote:DeeNah congrats! wad type of qns they ask u?
They asked me a bit about my family. Why do I wanna be a FS. Is it a pity to give up my IT career to do this since it is so different. What do I do to keep healthy. Stuff like that :)

orangecake
Regular
Regular

Post by orangecake » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 5:44 pm

Eveningstar wrote:ohh they look at the application form. i tink that's the height n weight taken on the first walk-in day. dun worry... just present urself well and keep smiling! if they dun like ur weight, they wouldnt have let u come to mgmt round ya? =D u'll be fine.
hmm,that's kinda true.but you mentioned that a skinny girl got cut.that's why i'm kinda scared.anyhow,thank you very much..!!!

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 5:47 pm

waggiee wrote:DeeNah congrats! wad type of qns they ask u?
They asked me a bit about my family. Why do I wanna be a FS. Is it a pity to give up my IT career to do this since it is so different. What do I do to keep healthy. Stuff like that :)

orangecake
Regular
Regular

Post by orangecake » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 5:47 pm

Eveningstar wrote:ohh they look at the application form. i tink that's the height n weight taken on the first walk-in day. dun worry... just present urself well and keep smiling! if they dun like ur weight, they wouldnt have let u come to mgmt round ya? =D u'll be fine.
hmm,that's kinda true.but you mentioned that a skinny girl got cut.that's why i'm kinda scared.anyhow,thank you very much..!!!

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 6:44 pm

DeeeNah wrote:oic. Did you guys meet on the forum or are friends beforehand?? It's good that every1 here supports each other huh? :)
we got to know each other thru this forum the night before the last interview. so met up and went together. :)

*praying real hard*

cookiecream

Post by cookiecream » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:30 pm

DeeeNah wrote:
bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:haiz... hearing and reading the excitment of u girls getting thru' every rd just make me so jealous... :( i just hope this cming 15th jul interview will be a breeze for me... i really wanna fly!!!

btw, can you girls advise me what to wear to the interview? this'll be my second time... first time i wore dark colored jeans n a black top... wonder this time what should i wear....
Hey bliss-licious.

Don't worry about it. The more nervous you are, the more you can't let your personality shine though. I admit that some of it has to do with the way you look and present yourself, but with a blah personality, you would not go through as well. So Just relax and you would do well!! :)

I would say wear something semi-formal to formal. I personally would not wear jeans as I think it is a bit informal. Maybe pants and a really nice top with nice heels (Covered toes, if not covered at least paint your nails) and do not wear big dangling earrings as they take away focus from your face and might distract/irritate the interviewer. Also, during the kebaya test they will ask you to remove all earrings except studs anyway. :) All the best for your interview! Like what autumn-reverie said, we are behind you!

cantswim -->That sucks that you can't attend this upcoming recruitment. Wasn't there one done in KL recently?

cookiecream -->all the best for 15th july! We are behind you! Maybe you and bliss can meetup on that day. At least have a friend with you for support and to chit chat during the waiting times.
Thanks DeeeNah, for the support.
Hope bliss and I can make it this time!! [-o<

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:36 pm

well, like wut deeenah mentioned, she looked a little too lanky. im sure u r fine. dun worry!
orangecake wrote:

wawaa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawaa » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:45 pm

CelT wrote:Dear Wawaa......

Love
CelT
hello Celt,

yes write down all the previous intv dates in the application form. Personally I feel it plays a big part for u to get tru the first round. I wrote down all my 7 dates!

RaMz
Regular
Regular

Post by RaMz » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:18 pm

orangecake wrote: hmm,that's kinda true.but you mentioned that a skinny girl got cut.that's why i'm kinda scared.anyhow,thank you very much..!!!
orangecake...seriously i feel that you're not skinny lah..you look just nice for your size & height..dun worry lah! :wink: :wink:

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:24 pm

oh no you girls really make me feel plump :oops: but i am really on the higher side, as measured during WCT 167.5cm and 56.5kg. The Malay lady asked me to lose weight so paiseh haha *blush*

Went for the bond signing and uniform fitting today whee! Sorry Machi17 i couldn't recognize you :(

marlboro

Post by marlboro » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:32 pm

uniform fitting? as in b4 hand they aldy gave u an address to go talior make ur uniform? or just take any uniform for u to fit