Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Aquagal
Regular
Regular

Re: ; (

Post by Aquagal » Sun, 03 Sep 2006 2:28 pm

desijoey wrote:
Aquagal wrote:
desijoey wrote: Yeap pay will be the same.And yes my degree is with MDIS.But of coz with the good pay comes really stringent requirements to be part of the SIA crew.I'm also waiting for the Oct opening to try again...:)

Hi.. My mass comm degree is also wid MDIS...! Maybe might be your classmate too.... Which batch are u in? Maybe we can meet up for next SIA recruitment together!! keke... :P
Haha hihi!I graduated last year and my batch was BMCD1 0302A.Which batch were u in?Oh yes sure we must meet up and go together for the next interview!U did go for the recent one din u?It was so stressful!My heart was beating so fast!Even the kebaya round was stressful... :???:

I am graduating this year.. having conv in Oct.. My batch is BMCD2 0406A.. Ya, definitely must meet up wid u in Oct for e LAST recruitment this year.. Looking forward to seeing ya soon... :oops:

Rian

Dress Code

Post by Rian » Sun, 03 Sep 2006 9:14 pm

I'm going for the Water Confidence test this coming tuesday. I'm a guy.

I know that we have to bring our swim wear. But can i know what is the dress code for the whole interview thingy? Should we wear formal or casual will do?

Guy24

Re: Dress Code

Post by Guy24 » Mon, 04 Sep 2006 12:13 am

Rian wrote:I'm going for the Water Confidence test this coming tuesday. I'm a guy.

I know that we have to bring our swim wear. But can i know what is the dress code for the whole interview thingy? Should we wear formal or casual will do?
when i went that time i wore a polo-t with pants so i guess shouldn't be a pro
i wasn't penalised for anything at all
hope to see u in our family soon :D

sq_boy
Regular
Regular

Post by sq_boy » Mon, 04 Sep 2006 12:22 am

Guy24 wrote:
Rian wrote:I'm going for the Water Confidence test this coming tuesday. I'm a guy.

Hey there,
First of all, congrats for making it to the water confidence round. Most guys i reckon, will be wearing formal but like what Guy24 said, I think it is alright to wear something casual. Remember, smile is a lethal weapon here. I wish you good luck and the rest of the guys good luck as well.

Cheers

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Re: ; (

Post by desijoey » Mon, 04 Sep 2006 10:06 am

Aquagal wrote:
desijoey wrote:
Aquagal wrote:

Hi.. My mass comm degree is also wid MDIS...! Maybe might be your classmate too.... Which batch are u in? Maybe we can meet up for next SIA recruitment together!! keke... :P
Haha hihi!I graduated last year and my batch was BMCD1 0302A.Which batch were u in?Oh yes sure we must meet up and go together for the next interview!U did go for the recent one din u?It was so stressful!My heart was beating so fast!Even the kebaya round was stressful... :???:

I am graduating this year.. having conv in Oct.. My batch is BMCD2 0406A.. Ya, definitely must meet up wid u in Oct for e LAST recruitment this year.. Looking forward to seeing ya soon... :oops:
Hee...yep yep!Looking forward to seeing u soon too!Hmm....do you happen to know a Jocelyn Yip?She's one of my close frenz and she's having her convo in Oct dis yr too...Oh man Oct's the last recruitment of the year for SIA...Have u tried for SIA b4 btw?

quak

Post by quak » Mon, 04 Sep 2006 12:09 pm

Hi Rian,
I'm doing my water test this tuesday as well. Just to check with you where is the place to gather on that day. Is it the SIA training centre? or is it the SIA sports club?

Thanks

kristen
Regular
Regular

huhhhhhh!

Post by kristen » Mon, 04 Sep 2006 5:15 pm

Oh man Oct's the last recruitment of the year for SIA??????????

hey there,

i got this msg from the earlier posts.did u mean october is the last recruitment of the month for SIA?brain block nw ..cant think..so kindly explain..

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 12:10 am

ntyj wrote:hmm let me confirm this..

there are flyers who do graduate from MDIS, LASALLE and NAFa..

next recruitment is likely in oct, so do get prepared...

should the interview be similar to the last recruitment...

1st day:
-height measurement before entry...
-grp interview
-kebaya(+skin check+height measurement)
-one to one interview

2nd date
-swim round(+skin check + height measurement)
-psychometric test

3rd date
-mgmt interview(2 to 1)
-tea party

there are eliminations for all rounds except psychometric(very rarely)..

thereafter.....proceed for ur medical checkup, preferably to be completed within the next 2 days after tea party...
ul den be called up within 2 weeks regarding ur training date...that is if u put ur notice period as 'immediate'..
following next....ul be mailed ur confirmation and some documents and arrangements for contract signing..

generally...takes abt one half mths from 1st interview to start of training?
again, provided u stated 'able to start work with 'immediate notice'.

as the demand for deployment is rather high....
training periods seem to have been..erm more compact...from 4mths to abt 3 mths plus?

with rgds to the pay...
different qualifications are paid differently(i.e degree and diploma)..ul know it when u receive the terms and conditions. however allowances are all the same..

all in all....its a little rushing...but train us to learn at a faster pace..
and yeap, thats generally abt it.

hope it helps!
is the process the same with the indo or malay or taiwan, cuz my 2nd round on the same day as the 1st, was 2 to 1 interview. will they conduct a water confidence too here in Jakarta?thanksss
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

Rian

Post by Rian » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 12:46 am

Guy24 wrote:

yess... hopefully i'm able to pass the test.... :)

Rian

Post by Rian » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 12:47 am

sq_boy wrote:
Guy24 wrote:

Hey there,
First of all, congrats for making it to the water confidence round. Most guys i reckon, will be wearing formal but like what Guy24 said, I think it is alright to wear something casual. Remember, smile is a lethal weapon here. I wish you good luck and the rest of the guys good luck as well.

Cheers
ok noted about the smile. Thank you.. i wish good luck to all the guys going tomorrow too!

Rian

Post by Rian » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 12:49 am

quak wrote:

Hi Rian,
I'm doing my water test this tuesday as well. Just to check with you where is the place to gather on that day. Is it the SIA training centre? or is it the SIA sports club?

Thanks
Hey there..

The place to go to is at the SIA sports club. I'm wondering how many guys will be going through the water confidence test.. hmmm?

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Re: huhhhhhh!

Post by blancD » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 2:12 am

kristen wrote:Oh man Oct's the last recruitment of the year for SIA??????????

hey there,

i got this msg from the earlier posts.did u mean october is the last recruitment of the month for SIA?brain block nw ..cant think..so kindly explain..
no, i do not think the date is confirm... there's always rumours but we need someone frm inside to make sure? :o
"City of Ang3Ls"

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 2:12 am

niennaanarion wrote:
ntyj wrote:hmm let me confirm this..

there are flyers who do graduate from MDIS, LASALLE and NAFa..

next recruitment is likely in oct, so do get prepared...

should the interview be similar to the last recruitment...

1st day:
-height measurement before entry...
-grp interview
-kebaya(+skin check+height measurement)
-one to one interview

2nd date
-swim round(+skin check + height measurement)
-psychometric test

3rd date
-mgmt interview(2 to 1)
-tea party

there are eliminations for all rounds except psychometric(very rarely)..

thereafter.....proceed for ur medical checkup, preferably to be completed within the next 2 days after tea party...
ul den be called up within 2 weeks regarding ur training date...that is if u put ur notice period as 'immediate'..
following next....ul be mailed ur confirmation and some documents and arrangements for contract signing..

generally...takes abt one half mths from 1st interview to start of training?
again, provided u stated 'able to start work with 'immediate notice'.

as the demand for deployment is rather high....
training periods seem to have been..erm more compact...from 4mths to abt 3 mths plus?

with rgds to the pay...
different qualifications are paid differently(i.e degree and diploma)..ul know it when u receive the terms and conditions. however allowances are all the same..

all in all....its a little rushing...but train us to learn at a faster pace..
and yeap, thats generally abt it.

hope it helps!
is the process the same with the indo or malay or taiwan, cuz my 2nd round on the same day as the 1st, was 2 to 1 interview. will they conduct a water confidence too here in Jakarta?thanksss
yes same process EVERYWHERE :D
"City of Ang3Ls"

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 3:49 am

Hey guys just to share something with ya'll..During the last interview,my cousin's friend went and he forgot to shave his facial hair but it was very thin and could not be seen so clearly..He got kicked out and was told straight in the face like this.."Please go home.I do not want to see your face here again and do not come back."This was what happened and the person interviewing him was a man..If you think that SIA is leniant,you are WRONG..They are very particular about your appearance,speech,looks(Not that bad) and self-discipline..That was only when he forgot to shave his thin layer of facial hair and was given that kind of remark.Maybe the interviewer was harsh..THIS IS REAL AND NOT A MAKE UP STORY OR WHATSOEVER..
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

twinkling

Post by twinkling » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 2:39 pm

hi, am just curious, when will the recruitment exercise be next year? what are the requirements when it comes to the skin check? i also gather that one needs to be well-groomed as well? what are being done in this psychometric test and water confidence test? just wondering (:

because for my case, i'll be graduating next feb from poly, and i do have visible scars on my knees due to injuries incurred from sports, and a birthmark on my thigh as well. would these pose a problem?

thanks!