Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
nana07
Regular
Regular

Post by nana07 » Sun, 17 Dec 2006 9:28 pm

kekeai_82 wrote:Maybe I can just tell them that I forgot to bring my O'level cert... Hahaha
erm, i don't think it works. the last time i went for the walk in and i brought my diploma last semester result as i haven't officially get my cert yet, they don't seem happy about it,even though the result slip wrote i passed and obtained my diploma.
they said something like that to me " This is just a piece of paper, we need the real cert, so i will just take it that you still have not got your diploma"

karen87

Post by karen87 » Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:16 pm

oh no.i ve got a D7 for my olevel english too.

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Mon, 18 Dec 2006 12:16 am

hi there

actually if you speak well and you can carry yourself well i dont think all this matters.. of cos it will HELP you in the interview but why dont u jus be focused n try at the interview..

theres gonna be loads of ppl there so be prepared to be dressed formally and be ready for any questions...
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

miaka29

Post by miaka29 » Mon, 18 Dec 2006 1:17 pm

Hi eveybody, i have a few qns, hopefully a kind soul here can answer for me :) :

1. Does anyone knows whether SIA accept combine 'O' level certificates?

2. In the requirements, 5 'O' levels with relevant work experience. 'Relevant' means customer service job?

3. Anybody who is currently a SIA's FA who has only 'O' level but no relevant job experience get into SIA recently?

4. For Flight-stewards, do they need to have a good complexion? ANy maxi height limits? Cos my friend who is 1.87m, he is afraid that he is too tall to become one.

Thats all, thank you!!!

easy_going

want to know more...

Post by easy_going » Tue, 19 Dec 2006 2:09 am

Hi, all...

i have aspirations to become an air stewardess in the SIA in the near future but before doing so, i would like to make an informed choice... i have several questions and i hope u guys can help me out... :)

1) are air stewardesses allowed to be myopic? If so, is there any limitation on the degree of myopia?
2)Is there any minimum age for one to apply to become an air stewardess?Eg.18yrs of age?
3) what's the culture like in SIA?(There seems to be split comments about this...)
some say the people there are 'bitchy' people who take a fancy to bullying and gossiping about the juniors,and that if the juniors don't do what they are told to do, they would be made to clean the toilets and their life would be made miserable....Others say that being an air stewardess is an enjoyable job and that the seniors are there to correct your mistakes, not to make the juniors' lives miserable.... can any ex- or current air stewardesses clarify on this? Really thanks a lot! :D

easy_going

Post by easy_going » Tue, 19 Dec 2006 2:17 am

erm, yeah...
i have another question...
What does an air stewardess's job include?
i mean besides serving meals, taking care of the passengers' wellbeing, does air stewardesses take on cleaning duties, too?

sorry for seeming ignorant... but at least, i'm happy to say, i'm willing to learn....Thanks a lot once again! :)

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular

Post by anti_spy999 » Tue, 19 Dec 2006 1:31 pm

easy_going wrote:<snip>What does an air stewardess's job include?
i mean besides serving meals, taking care of the passengers' wellbeing, does air stewardesses take on cleaning duties, too?
YES!

You need to pick food off the floor and clean the toilets as well. Don't think a pretty stewardess will be exempted from doing all these chores. You are just a waitress on a "flying bus". :P
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular

Re: want to know more...

Post by anti_spy999 » Tue, 19 Dec 2006 1:36 pm

easy_going wrote: <snip>
2)Is there any minimum age for one to apply to become an air stewardess?Eg.18yrs of age?
Yes. Sometimes, you need to handle alcohol beverages.
easy_going wrote: 3) what's the culture like in SIA?(There seems to be split comments about this...)
some say the people there are 'bitchy' people who take a fancy to bullying and gossiping about the juniors,and that if the juniors don't do what they are told to do, they would be made to clean the toilets and their life would be made miserable....Others say that being an air stewardess is an enjoyable job and that the seniors are there to correct your mistakes, not to make the juniors' lives miserable.... can any ex- or current air stewardesses clarify on this? Really thanks a lot! :D
Don't brood over these. In every career, you will also hear a lot about bitch people and backstabbers. Just learn how to ignore will do you good. Sometimes, the more bad stuffs you know, the more trouble you will get yourself into. Just learn and listen to all the positive stuffs will make you a happy and cheerful person. :wink: Don't listen to those complains. Look for humourous and cheerful stuffs to read.

Wait till you are ready then you call me and i will be your passenger/customer 8-) .

bblushh

Post by bblushh » Tue, 19 Dec 2006 8:29 pm

hi can i ask how long the kebaya is? how many inches below knees? Thanks in advance!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 19 Dec 2006 8:48 pm

bblushh wrote:hi can i ask how long the kebaya is? how many inches below knees? Thanks in advance!

:???: :???:

fresh7up

Post by fresh7up » Tue, 19 Dec 2006 9:10 pm

bblushh wrote:hi can i ask how long the kebaya is? how many inches below knees? Thanks in advance!
How many inches below knees??? Perhaps you're mistaken between SIA and SilkAir.

easy_going

Post by easy_going » Wed, 20 Dec 2006 2:27 pm

Thanks a lot, anti_spy999... :D

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular

Post by anti_spy999 » Wed, 20 Dec 2006 2:33 pm

Plavt wrote:

:???: :???:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

@ bblushh,
depend on your height.

easy_going

Post by easy_going » Wed, 20 Dec 2006 2:34 pm

Can anyone tell me whether air stewardesses are allowed to be myopic? If so, is there any limitations on the degree of myopia?

Many thanks! :D :D

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular

Post by anti_spy999 » Wed, 20 Dec 2006 2:34 pm

easy_going wrote:Thanks a lot, anti_spy999... :D
You are welcomed. It's my pleasure to serve your needs. :D

Have a nice day and please return to this forum again. :)