Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 22 May 2006 7:38 pm

Matt10 wrote:It is also against the airline regulation
How would you know? If it is regulations state your written source so I can read it myself everything you have said so far is hearsay.

Plavt.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Mon, 22 May 2006 7:49 pm

Okay...Let me tell you something you don't know.

FA won't tell you the truth and they will never.

They cannot reveal the truth...
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 22 May 2006 7:52 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Okay...Let me tell you something you don't know.

Let me tell you somethng: you are too young to know what you are talking about.

Plavt.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Mon, 22 May 2006 7:57 pm

Plavt wrote:

Plavt.

What does age have to do with what you talk about?
So you are telling me that what I am saying is what young people like me always say??

I got this info from an FA...I ASK before I tell the truth and if you don't believe me go and ask any FA's on this forum and see whether they will tell you the truth..

:roll: Journalists... :roll:

You really have a BIG misunderstanding here...
Anyway I don't want to waste my time arguing over this issue..I'd rather go and read some facts.

Happy Arguing.
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Mon, 22 May 2006 8:03 pm

Matt10 wrote:This info about layover in London for 5 days was mentioned in the newspaper. A cabin crew of SIA mention that he stay for 5 days in Europe if he has flight there. They also get about $210 a day in UK for allowance. It was an article called "Confessions of a flight steward".
You mean this article :roll: Think someones living with the fairies!!

If you are going to tell lies, don't try and fool us by quoting articles, you will be found out!

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/printfrien ... 22,00.html

The Electric New Paper :
CONFESSIONS OF AN AIR STEWARDESS
SHE STARVES HERSELF SO THAT SHE CAN FIT INTO HER UNIFORM AND HAD AN ABORTION TO AVOID BEING GROUNDED
ATING was her favourite pastime and becoming an air stewardess was her childhood dream.
By Joyce Lim

27 June 2005
ATING was her favourite pastime and becoming an air stewardess was her childhood dream.

But Mindy (not her real name) never thought she would have to give up enjoying food to realise her dream.

'I love food and I can eat a lot. I can eat a plate of char kway teow, a plate of chicken rice and a bowl of prawn noodle soup at one go. Eating makes me happy. But I can't eat too much now, or else I can't fit into my uniform,' confessed the 24-year-old flight stewardess.

We cannot name Mindy because her company rules do not allow her to speak to the media without permission.

NO LOOKS, NO JOB

'Now, I sometimes starve myself or eat only fruits and salads. I am worried about losing my job if I don't look good in my uniform,' she said.

But this self-imposed discipline sometimes makes her unwell.

'I often feel giddy and I fall sick easily. My parents worry about my health,' said Mindy.

Once, she was so hungry that she fainted at home and had to be sent to hospital. That was a wake-up call for her.

'I stopped skipping my meals and starving myself. Now I eat, but not as much, and I am selective about what I eat.

'I miss junk food. I can't remember the last time I ate in a fast-food restaurant.

'The day I quit (as a stewardess), I will have a big feast.'

The pretty young woman declined to say when she started work as a stewardess, as she is afraid it would reveal her identity.

'I am not the only stewardess with an eating disorder. Some of my friends also starve themselves so that they can look good in uniform,' said Mindy.

'Image is very important for someone working in the service industry.

'Call me conservative, but I was shocked to find out that many stewardesses are heavy smokers. Since I don't smoke, I don't click so well with them.'

Mindy, who is single, also confessed that she has had an abortion. She decided on this because she did not want pregnancy and motherhood to affect her career.

'I've seen how some air stewardesses were grounded after giving birth. I suspect it was because they put on too much weight. I'm still young and I want to fly,' said Mindy, who hopes to marry a pilot one day.

Asked what attracts her to pilots, she said: 'We have the same interests. We like to fly.

'It's the same as actors dating actresses. It's very common for stewardesses to marry pilots.

'When we are in another country, sometimes we go sightseeing together. It's easy for us to fall in love that way, especially in European countries where it's so romantic.'

She confessed to having dated a pilot, even though he was married.

'I was young and naive. I was taken in by his sweet talk. I would change flight duty with my colleagues so that we could be on the same flight,' said Mindy.

'Every working trip for us was like our honeymoon.'

But the affair did not last as the pilot had a change of heart.

Like some other stewardesses, she has no qualms lying - to drunk passengers who ask for another round of drinks - that supplies have run out.

Mindy said: 'There are some passengers who look like reputable businessmen, but they love to drink. Very often, they get themselves drunk on the flight.

'When such people ask for more drinks, we lie as a safety measure. We would suggest non-alcoholic alternatives.'

She also sees nothing wrong with pilfering certain supplies from the airline, though she mentioned taking only orange juice, not alcohol.

Cabin crew must throw away juice not consumed on the flight, she said.

'We are not supposed to take them out for consumption, but many of us do so. Especially if we are in a foreign country and orange juice may be costly there.

'Why let it go to waste when we can enjoy it later in the hotel, right?'

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 22 May 2006 8:06 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:

Everything, you do not have the experience of a working life or the encounters it brings yet.

I got this info from an FA...I ASK before I tell the truth and if you don't believe me go and ask any FA's on this forum and see whether they will tell you the truth..
Have a good look at what you have just written. In one breath you tell me to ask an Fa but at the same time you tell me they will never tell me the truth rather paradoxical isn't it?
I'd rather go and read some facts.
About time too.

Plavt
Last edited by Plavt on Tue, 23 May 2006 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 22 May 2006 8:17 pm

Saint wrote:
You mean this article :roll: Think someones living with the fairies!!

If you are going to tell lies, don't try and fool us by quoting articles, you will be found out!

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/printfrien ... 22,00.html
Thank you Saint, just goes to prove what I said at the beginning.

Plavt.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 22 May 2006 9:50 pm

They could tell the truth, but then the airline would have to kill them. The veil of secrecy, their code of silence is called: La Muerta!

Hahahahahaha, matt . . . or donno, or whatever you call yourself now . . . beware of sparring with Plavt and Saint if you're full of crap.

'nuff said Image

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 May 2006 10:00 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
Plavt wrote:

Plavt.

So you are telling me that what I am saying is what young people like me always say??

Anyway I don't want to waste my time arguing over this issue..I'd rather go and read some facts.

Happy Arguing.
Who did you ask before telling us the truth of your half american half australian parentage and living in both orlando & adelai while going to school in Singapore. I am beginning to think, nay, have known it for a while, that you cannot distinquish between the truth and one of your fabrications.

The fact of the matter is this is where you belong until you grow up a bit.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Mon, 22 May 2006 10:07 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
Plavt wrote:

Plavt.

Happy Arguing.
If you say they can't tell you the truth..
how do you know what they told you is not a lie as well? Even if they're your friends,family etc, they're still FA aren't they?

You keep digging a bigger poo-hole, ain't ya..mate :wink:
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 22 May 2006 10:14 pm

Hey, SMS, that's my homepage! :)

'nuff said Image

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Mon, 22 May 2006 10:17 pm

Vaucluse wrote:Hey, SMS, that's my homepage! :)
Hmmm..cagney&lacey moment, 'ladies'? :wink: :wink:
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Mon, 22 May 2006 10:32 pm

:tongue:
One in the hand is worth two of something

dyra

Post by dyra » Tue, 23 May 2006 12:53 am

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Well SIA crew do spend 3-5 days in Europe..
That is what my cousin who is an FA told me.
i am just curious, if u have a cousin who is a FA in SIA,u could get a lot of ur answers regarding being a cabin crew from ur cousin instead of posting here and asking pp.

just curious... :o

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 23 May 2006 12:58 am

dyra wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Well SIA crew do spend 3-5 days in Europe..
That is what my cousin who is an FA told me.
i am just curious, if u have a cousin who is a FA in SIA,u could get a lot of ur answers regarding being a cabin crew from ur cousin instead of posting here and asking pp.

just curious... :o
Don't bother dyra, he appears to have cousin in every airline from Singapore to Hong Kong as well as claiming to live in several different countries at the same time.

Plavt.
Last edited by Plavt on Tue, 23 May 2006 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.