Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jessicajsh

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by jessicajsh » Thu, 19 Oct 2017 1:58 pm

wildxlupine wrote:
bouncycastles wrote:Anyone from the Oct Onlinr Interview intake gotten the email for the next round of interviews at STC already?
I received the email! Anyone else? And does anyone know what to expect?
Hi! I also gotten email to go STC this coming saturday for the interview. what time is yours? mine is 8:30am :)

wildxlupine

Post by wildxlupine » Thu, 19 Oct 2017 2:00 pm

jessicajsh wrote:
wildxlupine wrote:
bouncycastles wrote:Anyone from the Oct Onlinr Interview intake gotten the email for the next round of interviews at STC already?
Hi! I also gotten email to go STC this coming saturday for the interview. what time is yours? mine is 8:30am :)
Mine’s 8:30am too!

Elizxy

Post by Elizxy » Thu, 19 Oct 2017 2:09 pm

wildxlupine wrote:
jessicajsh wrote:
wildxlupine wrote:
I received the email too! 8:30am as well! Think it will start from the debate round.

jessicajsh

Post by jessicajsh » Thu, 19 Oct 2017 2:11 pm

wildxlupine wrote:
jessicajsh wrote:
wildxlupine wrote:
Wah great!! how u planning to go? by cab? kinda nervous :( previously went to STC after the video interview too but couldn't pass the debating round. :?

jessicajsh

Post by jessicajsh » Thu, 19 Oct 2017 3:58 pm

but if u pass the debate round, most likely will get in all the way till they assign you for medical check. my friend who went with me she got in after the debate round all the way through management and skin check, now started her flying journey alr. [-o<

hixxxy

Post by hixxxy » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 2:33 am

jessicajsh wrote:but if u pass the debate round, most likely will get in all the way till they assign you for medical check. my friend who went with me she got in after the debate round all the way through management and skin check, now started her flying journey alr. [-o<
What was your previous debate round like? I'm so nervous idk what to expect, mine's at 9:30am tho. All the best to you guys at 8:30am!! :-)

anxiousgirl

Post by anxiousgirl » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 3:03 am

Whitehorse123 wrote:
anxiousgirl wrote:
anxiousgirl wrote:Just an update for others in future!
I received my golden call today.

It was actually a text message asking me to call STC (Mary) back. She told me that there isn't anymore slots for 2017. So everyone from Sep'17 batch onwards will start in early 2018. She will call again to confirm training dates.

I interviewed on 9th sep 2017 and received the call on 17th oct 2018. The wait was long and torturous.

Good luck everyone! :)
I mean I received the text on 17th oct 2017. Hahaha.

Side note: some people may get the call earlier than you. But don't panic! As Long as you don't get the letter, you are fine :))
Congrats! :) can i ask what questions did they ask for the management round and how was the skin check done? :)
Thanks! :)
I can't remember all the questions they asked and it may vary depending on the interviewers also. But here's a list of things I remember them asking me:

1) tell me more about yourself? (qualifications, job experience etc.)
2) how long do you see yourself in this company?
3) why did you decide to switch career?
4) are you able to take orders from your seniors? (They kept emphasising that its a very hierarchical company)
5) how do you intend on getting a promotion in future? What qualities do you think you need to possess? (Always mention teamwork! They love it.)

That's all I can remember for management round. Quite a number of people get booted out after this. But don't worry, just be yourself and smile always! Treat everyone like your passengers. And sit up straight!

Skin check round:
-You put on a kebaya and sandals that fits you, tie hair and wait to be called.
-Once you go in, they'll take your height and weight to check your BMI. It has to be in the healthy range, if not they might KIV you.
-they asked me to remove my watch so if you have any scars on your wrist or arm, you better conceal way beforehand (like before management round) cause cannot use watch to cover
-then they'll ask you to walk. Just walk normally, with arms by your side. They're checking if your shoulders are even. Mine wasn't but the lady kindly let me through anyway.
-then she check nails, hands etc. She'll ask you to Push the sleeves up to your elbow. I have a small scar on my arm and I almost thought I wouldn't make it. But she let me through also. I just kept apologising and smiling and told her that I will do something about it in future- like use bio oil or conceal it. Just be submissive and courteous at all times.
-then she asked me to look up, turn head to left, face right. She was checking for any bumps on your skin. They don't use the spotlight like before anymore! Ahaha it's just normal fluorescent light (like school classroom right or mrt light)

And that's it! If they ask you to change back to your own clothes, you're most likely in! If they ask you to wait outside, they're still discussing on whether to put you through.

Good luck!

hixxxy

Post by hixxxy » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 3:19 am

anxiousgirl wrote:
Whitehorse123 wrote:
anxiousgirl wrote:
I mean I received the text on 17th oct 2017. Hahaha.

Side note: some people may get the call earlier than you. But don't panic! As Long as you don't get the letter, you are fine :))
Congrats! :) can i ask what questions did they ask for the management round and how was the skin check done? :)
I can't remember all the questions they asked and it may vary depending on the interviewers also. But here's a list of things I remember them asking me:

4) are you able to take orders from your seniors? (They kept emphasising that its a very hierarchical company)
5) how do you intend on getting a promotion in future? What qualities do you think you need to possess? (Always mention teamwork! They love it.)

That's all I can remember for management round. Quite a number of people get booted out after this. But don't worry, just be yourself and smile always! Treat everyone like your passengers. And sit up straight!

Skin check round:
-Once you go in, they'll take your height and weight to check your BMI. It has to be in the healthy range, if not they might KIV you.
-they asked me to remove my watch so if you have any scars on your wrist or arm, you better conceal way beforehand (like before management round) cause cannot use watch to cover
-then they'll ask you to walk. Just walk normally, with arms by your side. They're checking if your shoulders are even. Mine wasn't but the lady kindly let me through anyway.
-then she check nails, hands etc. She'll ask you to Push the sleeves up to your elbow. I have a small scar on my arm and I almost thought I wouldn't make it. But she let me through also. I just kept apologising and smiling and told her that I will do something about it in future- like use bio oil or conceal it. Just be submissive and courteous at all times.
-then she asked me to look up, turn head to left, face right. She was checking for any bumps on your skin. They don't use the spotlight like before anymore! Ahaha it's just normal fluorescent light (like school classroom right or mrt light)

And that's it! If they ask you to change back to your own clothes, you're most likely in! If they ask you to wait outside, they're still discussing on whether to put you through.

Good luck!
Congrats!! Thank you for being so detailed. Can I ask if they checked your legs (below knee) during the skin check?

jessicajsh

Post by jessicajsh » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 9:44 am

hixxxy wrote:
anxiousgirl wrote:
Whitehorse123 wrote:

Skin check round:

Good luck!
Congrats!! Thank you for being so detailed. Can I ask if they checked your legs (below knee) during the skin check?
Thanks to be so detail and share this information to us! congrats to you ! when u mentioned they want to check any bumps on the face is it like those clog pores on the forehead kind or those on the nose which being called as sebaceous nose bump? thanks!

anxiousgirl

Post by anxiousgirl » Sat, 21 Oct 2017 2:03 am

hixxxy wrote:
anxiousgirl wrote:
Whitehorse123 wrote:

Skin check round:

Good luck!
Thank you:) and no worries! I know how worrisome the interview can be. I wanted as much help as I could get too. Anyway, yes they will check your legs (up to your knees only).

anxiousgirl

Post by anxiousgirl » Sat, 21 Oct 2017 2:07 am

jessicajsh wrote:
hixxxy wrote:
anxiousgirl wrote:

Skin check round:

Good luck!
Thanks to be so detail and share this information to us! congrats to you ! when u mentioned they want to check any bumps on the face is it like those clog pores on the forehead kind or those on the nose which being called as sebaceous nose bump? thanks!
No worries and thanks!
They're looking for any bumps in general. During my skin check experience, a girl was there because she was under KIV from the previous intake. She came back just for them to check her skin, sadly she didn't make it again. She had little bumps on her forehead. Not very visible but I guess they're pretty particular about it.

little_muffin

Post by little_muffin » Sat, 21 Oct 2017 10:53 pm

Anyone who went to the interview at STC got in? I find that they are pretty strict this round:< my friend's group and mine had only 1 selected in the debate round. :-|

hixxxy

Post by hixxxy » Mon, 23 Oct 2017 2:18 am

little_muffin wrote:Anyone who went to the interview at STC got in? I find that they are pretty strict this round:< my friend's group and mine had only 1 selected in the debate round. :-|
Hey yes I managed to...

Dreamtofly

Post by Dreamtofly » Mon, 23 Oct 2017 10:15 am

Hi all. Anyone participate in digital interview for Nov Kuala Lumpur interview?
Anyone receive updates email/call/message from sia already?

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

little_muffin

Post by little_muffin » Mon, 23 Oct 2017 9:39 pm

hixxxy wrote:
little_muffin wrote:Anyone who went to the interview at STC got in? I find that they are pretty strict this round:< my friend's group and mine had only 1 selected in the debate round. :-|
Hey yes I managed to...

Congrats!!!! Kinda bummed that I didn't make it thru:/